ImageImageImageImageImage

OT: COVID-19 Ontario 2nd Wave Thread

Moderators: 7 Footer, Duffman100, HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper

YogiStewart
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 6,384

Re: OT: COVID-19 Ontario 2nd Wave Thread 

Post#1281 » by YogiStewart » Sat Nov 21, 2020 1:33 am

mtcan wrote:
Wo1verine wrote:
mtcan wrote:You do realize that it's not just the elderly that are vulnerable...right?

You know who else is vulnerable? People with:
cancer
diabetes
autoimmune diseases like rheumatoid arthritis, psoriasis, lupus, etc.
obesity
cardiovascular disease
organ transplants
asthma
COPD
smokers

And you do realize that most of these people aren't elderly. You're going to isolate them too? There might be more of these people than average healthy people in the population.

Who is it killing? Old people who are really sick so sick that they can't take care of themselves and are put in old age homes to die.

Insane amount of people have those issues you mentioned and aren't dying enough to justify these restrictions especially in Toronto and Peel.

WRONG. People with these conditions are the ones ending up on a ventilator in ICU. This is also why the US leads the WORLD in covid deaths...cuz they are fat and unhealthy. Not necessarily because they are old.

And I can tell you first hand...what the covid ICU ventilator population is like...because I have seen them in person. Ask a nurse how hard it is to prone a 250 lb patient with all sorts of tubes going into him in a medically induced coma because he can't breathe well enough on a vent...they will tell you. You do know what proning is...??

he's advocating for the killing of seniors via neglect and you think he knows what proning is? lol
mtcan
RealGM
And1: 20,313

Post#1282 » by mtcan » Sat Nov 21, 2020 1:35 am

YogiStewart wrote:
mtcan wrote:
Wo1verine wrote:Who is it killing? Old people who are really sick so sick that they can't take care of themselves and are put in old age homes to die.

Insane amount of people have those issues you mentioned and aren't dying enough to justify these restrictions especially in Toronto and Peel.

WRONG. People with these conditions are the ones ending up on a ventilator in ICU. This is also why the US leads the WORLD in covid deaths...cuz they are fat and unhealthy. Not necessarily because they are old.

And I can tell you first hand...what the covid ICU ventilator population is like...because I have seen them in person. Ask a nurse how hard it is to prone a 250 lb patient with all sorts of tubes going into him in a medically induced coma because he can't breathe well enough on a vent...they will tell you. You do know what proning is...??

he's advocating for the killing of seniors via neglect and you think he knows what proning is? lol

Or...he thinks that because just because he is young and healthy that the rest of the world must be like him and it's all about him...oh ya...and **** the old people.
YogiStewart
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1283 » by YogiStewart » Sat Nov 21, 2020 1:42 am

mtcan wrote:
YogiStewart wrote:
mtcan wrote:WRONG. People with these conditions are the ones ending up on a ventilator in ICU. This is also why the US leads the WORLD in covid deaths...cuz they are fat and unhealthy. Not necessarily because they are old.

Or...he thinks that because just because he is young and healthy that the rest of the world must be like him and it's all about him...oh ya...and **** the old people.

listen..
my wife and i got COVID in mid-June. we were very careful. we have no clue where we got it. we didn't go anywhere. so either i got it from work (very possible) and infected her or we got it when we took a 10 minute uber ride (windows down, masks on everyone).

i still wheeze. i now have asthma because of it. my wife has no stamina. used to be able to go for walks for hours. now, she can't. she's out of breath from walking up stairs. we were both healthy, active people.

no clue if either of us has any cardiac damage.

people are so f'ing stupid
mtcan
RealGM

Post#1284 » by mtcan » Sat Nov 21, 2020 1:45 am

YogiStewart wrote:
mtcan wrote:
YogiStewart wrote:

listen..
my wife and i got COVID in mid-June. we were very careful. we have no clue where we got it. we didn't go anywhere. so either i got it from work (very possible) and infected her or we got it when we took a 10 minute uber ride (windows down, masks on everyone).

i still wheeze. i now have asthma because of it. my wife has no stamina. used to be able to go for walks for hours. now, she can't. she's out of breath from walking up stairs. we were both healthy, active people.

no clue if either of us has any cardiac damage.

people are so f'ing stupid

You're not the only one who isn't 100% months after a fight with covid. I know someone at work who got it while working with patients and 5 months after...still gets short of breath and who was otherwise young and healthy before this happened. Took 4 weeks to become asymptomatic and finally test negative.
Wo1verine
2015 Beat the Commish Champion
And1: 11,761

Post#1285 » by Wo1verine » Sat Nov 21, 2020 2:21 am

mtcan wrote:
Wo1verine wrote:
mtcan wrote:You do realize that it's not just the elderly that are vulnerable...right?

You know who else is vulnerable? People with:
cancer
diabetes
autoimmune diseases like rheumatoid arthritis, psoriasis, lupus, etc.
obesity
cardiovascular disease
organ transplants
asthma
COPD
smokers

And you do realize that most of these people aren't elderly. You're going to isolate them too? There might be more of these people than average healthy people in the population.

Who is it killing? Old people who are really sick so sick that they can't take care of themselves and are put in old age homes to die.

I doubt you have numbers to back up such a claim so let's get back to facts.

Since the Ontario Gov loves to withhold data, (To the point where a reporter had to ask Ford why he doesn't provide as much data as other provinces) lets borrow some date from Alberta. The average age of death from Covid in Albert is 82 which actually exceeds the average life expectancy there, Which again shows us that the young (Whether healthy or not :) ) aren't dying from this.

There comes a time when people are going to have to decide for themselves if the risk is worth the benefit. It shouldn't be the governments job to decide who's essential and who isn't. A house over ones head is essential, a child attending school is essential, the business that someone poured their life savings into is essential.

IF people have to be forced into lockdown, it shows that there's really nothing to be scared off. If it was really that bad, you wouldn't have to shut down restaurants, people just wouldn't go. Same could be said about Gyms, Barber Shops, Nail Salons, Cinema's and whatever else fell today because of the new ridiculous lockdown imposed by Ford and Co.

They keep saying the same crap over and over again. Same nonsense that it's "Social gatherings" that keeps getting us into to trouble. If that was really the case, why shut down the nail salon where people have been using masks long before they were mandate? Why shutdown a small mom and pop clothing store that are religiously adhering to the new guidelines?

You won't have the answer as to why because not even Ford does.
BrunoSkull
mtcan
RealGM

Post#1286 » by mtcan » Sat Nov 21, 2020 2:22 am

Wo1verine wrote:
mtcan wrote:
Wo1verine wrote:Who is it killing? Old people who are really sick so sick that they can't take care of themselves and are put in old age homes to die.

I doubt you have numbers to back up such a claim so let's get back to facts.

Since the Ontario Gov loves to withhold data, (To the point where a reporter had to ask Ford why he doesn't provide as much data as other provinces) lets borrow some date from Alberta. The average age of death from Covid in Albert is 82 which actually exceeds the average life expectancy there, Which again shows us that the young (Whether healthy or not :) ) aren't dying from this.

There comes a time when people are going to have to decide for themselves if the risk is worth the benefit. It shouldn't be the governments job to decide who's essential and who isn't. A house over ones head is essential, a child attending school is essential, the business that someone poured their life savings into is essential.

IF people have to be forced into lockdown, it shows that there's really nothing to be scared off. If it was really that bad, you wouldn't have to shut down restaurants, people just wouldn't go. Same could be said about Gyms, Barber Shops, Nail Salons, Cinema's and whatever else fell today because of the new ridiculous lockdown imposed by Ford and Co.

They keep saying the same crap over and over again. Same nonsense that it's "Social gatherings" that keeps getting us into to trouble. If that was really the case, why shut down the nail salon where people have been using masks long before they were mandate? Why shutdown a small mom and pop clothing store that are religiously adhering to the new guidelines?

You won't have the answer as to why because not even Ford does.

I have better...I have experience...firsthand eyewitness...

And obviously you don't have numbers so what are you talking about? You just have dumbass diagrams...
YogiStewart
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1287 » by YogiStewart » Sat Nov 21, 2020 2:49 am

mtcan wrote:I have better...I have experience...firsthand eyewitness...

And obviously you don't have numbers so what are you talking about? You just have dumbass diagrams...

don't even reply. his posts are beyond stupid.
we have data from all over the world that show us the risky points for covid spread. he's too lazy to look
Airball Salmons
Rookie
And1: 765

Post#1288 » by Airball Salmons » Sat Nov 21, 2020 3:03 am

Let’s lockdown, then when we recover, surrounding regions can come back in and start the cycle again
Gold Dragon
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,582

Post#1289 » by Gold Dragon » Sat Nov 21, 2020 3:08 am

Kevin Willis wrote:Remarks from Australia.

In the state of South Australia, we got 20 new cases of community spread and went into total lockdown immediately for 6 days, construction, schools, cafes, takeaway food, everything except essential services. Vigorous testing and contact tracing contained it with 3 thousand in quarantine, we have now opened back up in only 4 days. That's the way to do it, hit it with a sledgehammer.

The latest on this is that the SA lockdown has been cancelled because there was one person who lied to contact tracers saying he caught it buying a pizza when in fact he worked there. My understanding is that this lie changed the exposure times and how many people were projected to be exposed to the other known case(s) in the pizza joint. I believe he lied because his work may jeopardize his visa.

It is good to see all these public health measures being taken seriously and acted on quickly. SA's "outbreak" which leaked out from hotel quarantine for returned travellers currently totals 26 cases discovered since Nov 3.
markR
Sophomore
And1: 79

Post#1290 » by markR » Sat Nov 21, 2020 6:09 pm

Jeremy Lin 7 wrote:Go into Lockdown but keep schools open. Doug Ford logic for you

Do you have kids?

I'm probably going to ask my employer to let me go back to the office if they close schools. It is far too stressful to work from home like that.
Employers better figure out how to get people back in the office. I've got friends who said fuxk it and quit and will go back to work in a year or so. They can and have savings. It is a common story.
markR
Sophomore

Post#1291 » by markR » Sat Nov 21, 2020 6:12 pm

Gold Dragon wrote:
Kevin Willis wrote:Remarks from Australia.

In the state of South Australia, we got 20 new cases of community spread and went into total lockdown immediately for 6 days, construction, schools, cafes, takeaway food, everything except essential services. Vigorous testing and contact tracing contained it with 3 thousand in quarantine, we have now opened back up in only 4 days. That's the way to do it, hit it with a sledgehammer.

The latest on this is that the SA lockdown has been cancelled because there was one person who lied to contact tracers saying he caught it buying a pizza when in fact he worked there. My understanding is that this lie changed the exposure times and how many people were projected to be exposed to the other known case(s) in the pizza joint. I believe he lied because his work may jeopardize his visa.

It is good to see all these public health measures being taken seriously and acted on quickly. SA's "outbreak" which leaked out from hotel quarantine for returned travellers currently totals 26 cases discovered since Nov 3.

Australia's approach is barbarism. I'd truly delve into anarchy if they tried that here. I feel sorry for people there. Governments going to have to deal with back lash for decades. And no, saving every single life is absolutely NOT worth that barbaric garbage.
Ackshun
General Manager
And1: 4,574

Post#1292 » by Ackshun » Sat Nov 21, 2020 6:16 pm

Been a really **** week in Durham. Bad to temp lay off 40 employees this week. Forced to do another 18 this weekend.
ItsDanger
RealGM
And1: 21,759

Post#1293 » by ItsDanger » Sat Nov 21, 2020 6:50 pm

Are positive test cases re-tested immediately? No
Do test results include RT-PCR Ct values? No (as far as I know)
Do we culture the virus cell samples in positive cases? No
Do we culture virus cells from deaths? No
Is the public aware that on Aug 6th, Ontario included antibodies as a positive test result? Apparently not.

The data presented on a daily basis is beyond trash. New voices are required in this situation.
Organization can be defined as an organized body of people with a particular purpose. Not random.
BigBoss23
Junior
And1: 484

Post#1294 » by BigBoss23 » Sat Nov 21, 2020 7:21 pm

Kevin Willis wrote:
markR wrote:
Gold Dragon wrote:

Australia's approach is barbarism. I'd truly delve into anarchy if they tried that here. I feel sorry for people there. Governments going to have to deal with back lash for decades. And no, saving every single life is absolutely NOT worth that barbaric garbage.

Some peope deserve to get covid. You are one.

And theres a 99.86% survival rate across all ages. Median age of death 83. Good luck.

People are so full of fear when the stats paint a much less hysterial picture much closer to common influenza which magically became much lower this season.
Kevin Willis
RealGM
And1: 7,925

Post#1295 » by Kevin Willis » Sat Nov 21, 2020 7:34 pm

BigBoss23 wrote:
Kevin Willis wrote:
markR wrote:

And theres a 99.86% survival rate across all ages. Median age of death 83. Good luck.

People are so full of fear when the stats paint a much less hysterial picture much closer to common influenza which magically became much lower this season.

Sorry I am not buying whatever you're selling. I have seen documentaries dealing with the long term effects of this disease. I understand the varied complications arising from it. I do not idly believe propogandists who say this is an old person's disease when I know of people in their 20's who get it.

I do know that some people deserve to get it to fully understand how it can disrupt their lives. To develop an empathy towards others who might be immunocompromised. To think of more than themselves.

Don't reply to my covid posts anymore. You're wasting my time and I don't want to answer it. I can show you science from papers and doctors but it's useless for people like yourself. Maybe you also deserve to get it.
Ska needs to make a comeback.
gei
Sixth Man
And1: 394

Post#1296 » by gei » Sat Nov 21, 2020 8:00 pm

Kevin Willis wrote:
BigBoss23 wrote:
Kevin Willis wrote:

Sorry I am not buying whatever you're selling. I have seen documentaries dealing with the long term effects of this disease. I understand the varied complications arising from it. I do not idly believe propogandists who say this is an old person's disease when I know of people in their 20's who get it.

I do know that some people deserve to get it to fully understand how it can disrupt their lives. To develop an empathy towards others who might be immunocompromised. To think of more than themselves.

Don't reply to my covid posts anymore. You're wasting my time and I don't want to answer it. I can show you science from papers and doctors but it's useless for people like yourself. Maybe you also deserve to get it.

Jesus.. it is not "propaganda" to say that it primarily affects old people - this is backed up by data and accepted by every medical community in the world. The people at real risk are the elderly - particularly those with underlying health conditions. There is no arguing this fact, and if you think otherwise then you have been watching too much news, and not looking at enough data.

Rounded to one decimal point, people between the ages of 0 and 39 make up 0.0% of total COVID fatalities in Canada.
Local_NG_Idiot
RealGM
And1: 3,563

Post#1297 » by Local_NG_Idiot » Sat Nov 21, 2020 8:12 pm

gei wrote:
Kevin Willis wrote:
BigBoss23 wrote:

Jesus.. it is not "propaganda" to say that it primarily affects old people - this is backed up by data and accepted by every medical community in the world. The people at real risk are the elderly - particularly those with underlying health conditions. There is no arguing this fact, and if you think otherwise then you have been watching too much news, and not looking at enough data.

Rounded to one decimal point, people between the ages of 0 and 39 make up 0.0% of total COVID fatalities in Canada.

I keep hearing this catch phrase: "Protect the elderly and vulnerable" and yet, not a single comprehensive plan anywhere in the world on how to do that without the rest of those in the community following stringent guidelines.

Unless you can provide the plan, shut up, suck it up for a few months, and do what is being asked of you so that those who are at much higher risk have the opportunity to continue breathing.
Kevin Willis
RealGM
And1: 7,925

Post#1298 » by Kevin Willis » Sat Nov 21, 2020 8:20 pm

gei wrote:
Kevin Willis wrote:
BigBoss23 wrote:

I am not trying to converse with you guys anymore - I just wanted to post facts about Australia. See these posts are very frustrating giving the climate right now. The question is not in the indisputable, the question is in it's translation and the conclusions derived from it and in that I whole heartedly disagree with those that believe it cannot impact them. I was discussing underlying health conditions 6 months ago, I am not going back in time to review this old information.

My concern is more on a DNA level and the fact cyto storms are still a prevailing issue. I am also more concerned on the ability of our T and B cells to properly develop receptors to latch on to the virus. There is also a strain in Brazil that is of concern because it is avoiding the immuse system defenses. Nobody is arguing about the elderly getting sick at this point. I am also looking at the numbers and statistically realize we're **** unless we can work together. It's not happening though and I don't know what else will take for peopel to understand. I will go back and delete my posts. This thread saddens me because I can see where we are heading and some of you guys can't.
Ska needs to make a comeback.
markR
Sophomore

Post#1299 » by markR » Sat Nov 21, 2020 8:30 pm

Kevin Willis wrote:
markR wrote:
Gold Dragon wrote:

I want to keep this awsome sauce for posterity.
Gold Dragon
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,582

Post#1300 » by Gold Dragon » Sat Nov 21, 2020 8:32 pm

You just need to ignore the purposefully uneducated and socially irresponsible folks online. Treat them as you would in the real world.

Return to Toronto Raptors