Rockets offseason

Moderators: ken6199, TMU

jwise44
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 9,341

Rockets offseason 

Post#1 » by jwise44 » Sat Nov 21, 2020 2:41 pm

Drafted Kenyon Martin jr. (don’t know anything about him as a player except that he’s a beast)

Sign Christian wood-Good signing, hopefully he keeps it up

Traded-Covington

Kept-nwaba, happy about that

Signed-trevelin queen?

Potentially sign-Jaesean tate?

2 way-mason Jones

Lost-Rivers, Covington...probably going to lose harden and Westbrook at some point in the near future

What else is going on with us?
inquisitive
RealGM
And1: 2,844

Re: Rockets offseason 

Post#2 » by inquisitive » Sat Nov 21, 2020 7:40 pm

If the Rockets can get Bradley Beal in any trade of either Harden or Westbrook that would be nice.
KARD "You n Me " Mnet Countdown
www.youtube.com/watch?v=77b3zg3OhgI
jwise44
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#3 » by jwise44 » Sat Nov 21, 2020 8:43 pm

Not happening. I doubt we get anything NEAR what we want. I was hoping for Ben Simmons, but even that seems like it isn’t gonna be dealt for him...hopefully that changes
YoungMoney23
Starter
And1: 138

Post#4 » by YoungMoney23 » Sat Nov 21, 2020 11:26 pm

inquisitive wrote:If the Rockets can get Bradley Beal in any trade of either Harden or Westbrook that would be nice.

If we could some how swindle the Wizards for Beal by giving them Westbrook, that might salvage the future of the franchise
A Blog on the unsolved - http://coldcasefiles.wordpress.com/
ALPHAandOMEGA
Rookie
And1: 320

Post#5 » by ALPHAandOMEGA » Sun Nov 22, 2020 3:11 pm

Looks like we are entering a dark period....not a lot of hope on the horizon
YoungMoney23
Starter

Post#6 » by YoungMoney23 » Sun Nov 22, 2020 7:54 pm

ALPHAandOMEGA wrote:Looks like we are entering a dark period....not a lot of hope on the horizon

I'm low key hoping the revenue strapped Fertita sells the franchise if the pandemic continues longer since most of his money comes from hospitality. He's the reason we are entering this situation.
Grumpy Heat Fan
General Manager
And1: 8,305

Post#7 » by Grumpy Heat Fan » Sun Nov 22, 2020 8:28 pm

If MIA were to offer

Tyler Herro
Duncan Robinson
Kendrick Nunn
1st round pick

for Harden

would yall do it?
"As for me personally, I don't truly care how much I make these days, my main focus is on playing for a winner." - Dirk Nowitzki, July 2016
jwise44
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#8 » by jwise44 » Wed Nov 25, 2020 4:00 am

YoungMoney23 wrote:
inquisitive wrote:If the Rockets can get Bradley Beal in any trade of either Harden or Westbrook that would be nice.

If we could some how swindle the Wizards for Beal by giving them Westbrook, that might salvage the future of the franchise

...we can’t even get wall for Westbrook apparently

There is 0% chance of getting Beal for anything short of harden
JKiddy
Bench Warmer
And1: 321

Post#9 » by JKiddy » Wed Nov 25, 2020 3:53 pm

Guys,

First off I feel horrible about what is going on with your franchise. I have been a fan of the Rockets since the early 90s.

It looks like you have no choice but to trade Harden and Westbrook. Harden has made it known it is BK or bust. The longer the front office waits the less you will get. We have seen how this plays out.

I hope we are able to come to a deal at some point without giving away the house. If you were to get Levert, Dinwiddie, a few picks, and another player I truly do think you will be happy with the rebuild if you get something in return for Westbrook as well. You should stockpile picks and young promising players to rebuild now. If you wait another year the trade offers will be half what they will be this off-season.

I have been a Nets fan for decades and after we made the Boston trade and when we blew up our early 2000's team I went nuts. I have seen some DARK TIMES. You guys will be okay. It will be fine in 2 seasons if you make the right deal now.

J Kiddy
K_chile22
RealGM
And1: 7,935

Post#10 » by K_chile22 » Thu Nov 26, 2020 6:25 am

JKiddy wrote:Guys,

First off I feel horrible about what is going on with your franchise. I have been a fan of the Rockets since the early 90s.

It looks like you have no choice but to trade Harden and Westbrook. Harden has made it known it is BK or bust. The longer the front office waits the less you will get. We have seen how this plays out.

I hope we are able to come to a deal at some point without giving away the house. If you were to get Levert, Dinwiddie, a few picks, and another player I truly do think you will be happy with the rebuild if you get something in return for Westbrook as well. You should stockpile picks and young promising players to rebuild now. If you wait another year the trade offers will be half what they will be this off-season.

I have been a Nets fan for decades and after we made the Boston trade and when we blew up our early 2000's team I went nuts. I have seen some DARK TIMES. You guys will be okay. It will be fine in 2 seasons if you make the right deal now.

J Kiddy
No. Trading Harden for that junk package would put the rockets in a dark place for at LEAST the next 5-10 years. I'd much rather play out the year and see what's out there next season than take that now.
K_chile22
RealGM

Post#11 » by K_chile22 » Thu Nov 26, 2020 6:32 am

As far as things within the Rockets control have gone, pretty good off-season.

Covington for Wood and a first and a heavily protected first was a home run. Like the Sterling Brown signing for a minimum. Signing boogie is a worthwhile swing for the fences kinda move. Glad they don't seem willing to send Harden where he wants for some garbage package just because he wants them to. I'm fine trading Westbrook for anything but idk if that will happen unless someone steps up their offer for harden, they probably won't move Westbrook until after moving Harden except maybe for Wall+assets.

Really like Mason Jones who they got as an UDFA, but can't expect much, if anything, out of an undrafted rookie. If Tate can actually shoot like he did in Australia he can play spot minutes. Like what Nwaba can bring if he bounces back. KJ Martin is just a lottery ticket on a guy who can jump out of the gym. Worth a shot, think they envision him potentially being what Jeff Green was for them last year but good at defense, after a year or two in the G League.

Think they need one more guard. Since they're now right up against the hard cap they won't carry more than 14, so if they sign Bruno, and Bruno says he's signing, they'll only have one spot assuming Clemons is waived, and I think he will be

Edit: oh yeah I also really like hiring Silas. Was worried they'd go with jvg just because he's a name associated with Houston. Silas is an up and comer and wouldn't be surprised if he was a stud
red96
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,380

Post#12 » by red96 » Thu Nov 26, 2020 6:00 pm

JKiddy wrote:Guys,

J Kiddy
Sorry bro, the Nets have one of the worst collection of assets in the league.
At least 20 teams could be that offer.
"Morey decided in 2007 that Steve Francis was to be the "franchise player" of the Rockets only to play what... 5 games? Morey didn't think Marc Gasol was worth a look that year,"
-baki "the Rockets fan"
JKiddy
Bench Warmer

Post#13 » by JKiddy » Thu Nov 26, 2020 8:34 pm

What were Levert’s numbers last year?
jwise44
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#14 » by jwise44 » Fri Nov 27, 2020 7:32 pm

I really like our bench if we get another ball handling guard, though we can go through Demarcus with the bench unit and if we play Gordon with the bench unit he can

This is also assuming nwaba comes back strong, Demarcus comes back as someone who can contribute most nights, Bruno finally comes along and Silas is willing to play more than 7 players like dantoni did...but I’m a homer so that part of me thinks it can all happen

Gordon/b-Mac/nwaba/Bruno/cousins looks like a pretty damned good bench to me
K_chile22
RealGM

Post#15 » by K_chile22 » Sat Nov 28, 2020 12:24 am

jwise44 wrote:I really like our bench if we get another ball handling guard, though we can go through Demarcus with the bench unit and if we play Gordon with the bench unit he can

This is also assuming nwaba comes back strong, Demarcus comes back as someone who can contribute most nights, Bruno finally comes along and Silas is willing to play more than 7 players like dantoni did...but I’m a homer so that part of me thinks it can all happen

I really doubt Bruno can give them anything. Boogie will probably help most nights but I don't expect him to see big minutes, especially early in the season. I think Brown is a solid rotation guy. I just feel like they have a top 6 then a bunch of guys that you'd rather have as your 9th guy in a rotation (obviously Cousins is better than that but his health is a question mark). I think they need another guard as well
jwise44
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#16 » by jwise44 » Sat Nov 28, 2020 1:02 am

K_chile22 wrote:
jwise44 wrote:I really like our bench if we get another ball handling guard, though we can go through Demarcus with the bench unit and if we play Gordon with the bench unit he can

I really doubt Bruno can give them anything. Boogie will probably help most nights but I don't expect him to see big minutes, especially early in the season. I think Brown is a solid rotation guy. I just feel like they have a top 6 then a bunch of guys that you'd rather have as your 9th guy in a rotation (obviously Cousins is better than that but his health is a question mark). I think they need another guard as well

Nwaba, if healthy and as good (or better if he improved his shot and it was improving pre injury) is better than a 9th guy. B-Mac is a gunner that every bench needs

But I see what your saying...I’m just being optimistic

Also if we got gr3 I think it would be HUGE
JKiddy
Bench Warmer

Post#17 » by JKiddy » Sat Nov 28, 2020 4:37 pm

Caris LeVert is an outstanding player, a future All-Star.

Spencer Dinwiddie is a more than solid starter or a 6th man of the year dependent on the circumstances and his future role with your team.

Jarrett Allen is a DPOY candidate in the future and a likely All-Star in 2-3 seasons.

Picks later on, even swaps have value.

If you received 3 of these you cannot say it’s worthless as Harden has met with ownership before making a larger deal about this and will force his way out.

If you receive Wall and a 1st rounder for Westbrook and 3 of these for Harden you just fast forwarded your rebuild 5 years.
NYG
RealGM
And1: 2,597

Post#18 » by NYG » Wed Dec 2, 2020 2:28 am

Could the Knicks even get Harden if they tried?

Barrett + Randle + 2021 Knicks 1st + 2021 Mavs 1st + 2023 Knicks 1st + 2025 Knicks 1st for James Harden?

By eliminating the contracts of the '21 Knicks 1st, '21 Mavs 1st, $4 Million guaranteed on Randle and Barrett's, the Knicks would basically have James Harden in NY in a big free agent year sitting there with a MAX salary slot to play next to him and go for it.
ken6199
Forum Mod - Rockets
Forum Mod - Rockets
And1: 18,558

Post#19 » by ken6199 » Fri Dec 4, 2020 10:09 pm

When this Tilman guy is in the seat, you don't expect any good offseason.
RealGM loves you, Melissa.
YoungMoney23
Starter

Post#20 » by YoungMoney23 » Tue Dec 8, 2020 10:35 pm

Honestly if we can get James to give this a run, I like where we stand. If Boogie is 50-60% of what he used to be. Wood, Slide tucker to the 3 or I guess EG at the 3, Harden, Wall if hes 70% of what he was before the achilles tear could slide into a Chauncey Billups role if he can develop a reliable jumper. Not saying its elite, but I would like to see that on play out, particularly if everyone buys in and nobody wants to be a bad locker room guy even if Harden is becoming that already

Return to Houston Rockets