ImageImageImageImageImage

Shams: Nets Sign Jeff Green (1 year/Vet's Minimum)

Moderators: NyCeEvO, Rich Rane

Paradise
Nets Forum: Asst. To The RM
And1: 11,875

Shams: Nets Sign Jeff Green (1 year/Vet's Minimum) 

Post#1 » by Paradise » Sat Nov 21, 2020 7:47 pm

Read on Twitter
Netaman
Analyst
And1: 1,069

Re: Shams: Nets sign Jeff Green 

Post#2 » by Netaman » Sat Nov 21, 2020 7:55 pm

Read on Twitter

Was a little meh at the MLE but for the league minimum great depth move.
Paradise

Re: Shams: Nets Sign Jeff Green (1 year/Vet's Minimum) 

Post#3 » by Paradise » Sat Nov 21, 2020 8:20 pm

Netaman wrote:
Read on Twitter

Was a little meh at the MLE but for the league minimum great depth move.

Setting up Prince for Ibaka?
Sharcm1
Veteran
And1: 688

Post#4 » by Sharcm1 » Sat Nov 21, 2020 8:35 pm

Nice move
Claud
Sixth Man
And1: 872

Post#5 » by Claud » Sat Nov 21, 2020 8:36 pm

Niceee. Perfect fit and good vet.

I thought we used our Ibaka/Milsap money but for vet min? excellent pick up. Let's gooo.
ecuhus1981
RealGM
And1: 1,427

Post#6 » by ecuhus1981 » Sun Nov 22, 2020 7:24 am

I like the pickup. Green had ties to Durant, D'Antoni and Kyrie, and is a great, versatile bench role player. Welcome Jeff!

That fills 14 slots, and we haven't accounted for Tyler Johnson or Chris Chiozza. That also doesn't count recent draftee Reggie Perry, nor our 2-way Payton clone Jeremiah Martin. We're full, y'all!
Some people really have a way with words. Other people... not... have... way.
-- Steve Martin
vincecarter4pres
RealGM
And1: 3,432

Post#7 » by vincecarter4pres » Sun Nov 22, 2020 12:16 pm

I actually love this pickup and have been advocating for him for a couple years. I find it perplexing he's been available so cheap the last 3 or 4 seasons. He's lost a bit of a step, but once people understood who he was as a player, instead of continuing to admire what they wanted him to become and then being let down when they realized he was older and developed already, and was what he was, I always figured he should have been considered one of the premier tier 2, 3&D wings/tweeners, like a Morris twin. But he hasn't, he's just been considered a JAG.

I'm not saying he's a game changer, or needle mover, but we just signed a guy for vet min, who imho, is still 5th best starter on a title team material and that's fantastic.
Rich Rane wrote:I think we're all missing the point here. vc4pres needs to stop watching games.
Netaman
Analyst

Post#8 » by Netaman » Sun Nov 22, 2020 2:52 pm

vincecarter4pres wrote:I actually love this pickup and have been advocating for him for a couple years. I find it perplexing he's been available so cheap the last 3 or 4 seasons. He's lost a bit of a step, but once people understood who he was as a player, instead of continuing to admire what they wanted him to become and then being let down when they realized he was older and developed already, and was what he was, I always figured he should have been considered one of the premier tier 2, 3&D wings/tweeners, like a Morris twin. But he hasn't, he's just been considered a JAG.

I'm not saying he's a game changer, or needle mover, but we just signed a guy for vet min, who imho, is still 5th best starter on a title team material and that's fantastic.

Yeah his fit makes a lot more sense than Wilson Chandler last year.
DarkXaero
RealGM
And1: 5,572

Post#9 » by DarkXaero » Sun Nov 22, 2020 7:57 pm

vincecarter4pres wrote:I actually love this pickup and have been advocating for him for a couple years. I find it perplexing he's been available so cheap the last 3 or 4 seasons. He's lost a bit of a step, but once people understood who he was as a player, instead of continuing to admire what they wanted him to become and then being let down when they realized he was older and developed already, and was what he was, I always figured he should have been considered one of the premier tier 2, 3&D wings/tweeners, like a Morris twin. But he hasn't, he's just been considered a JAG.

I mean he has been bad more often than not, hence all the different teams over the years. He did find a really good role in Houston though and performed very well in it, so I hope he can do the same here (we have MDA as well).
Prokorov
RealGM
And1: 14,676

Post#10 » by Prokorov » Mon Nov 23, 2020 4:42 am

he is this years wilson chandler. ok player but more name value then actual value at this point.
Netaman
Analyst

Post#11 » by Netaman » Mon Nov 23, 2020 3:30 pm

Prokorov wrote:he is this years wilson chandler. ok player but more name value then actual value at this point.

Agreed but his game makes a lot more sense here than Chandler's did since he can play the small ball center role. Chandler was just too cooked to add any 3 or D.
halfHAVOC
Assistant Coach
And1: 176

Post#12 » by halfHAVOC » Tue Nov 24, 2020 12:56 am

Great move!
Stream My New Basketball Anthem "KING": https://ampl.ink/7QwkY
therealbig3
RealGM
And1: 15,083

Post#13 » by therealbig3 » Tue Nov 24, 2020 9:42 am

He's never been a consistent shooter or defender though. I think he can be a really solid bench piece for like 15-20 mpg, but I think there's a reason the guy keeps bouncing around the league, and it's more than just that he's been misused. He's just never been that good.
vincecarter4pres
RealGM
And1: 3,432

Post#14 » by vincecarter4pres » Tue Jan 19, 2021 4:08 am

Bumpity bumpity. :wizard:
Rich Rane wrote:I think we're all missing the point here. vc4pres needs to stop watching games.
therealbig3
RealGM
And1: 15,083

Post#15 » by therealbig3 » Tue Jan 19, 2021 6:05 am

He's been outstanding.
Whiskey Slick
Pro Prospect
And1: 407

Post#16 » by Whiskey Slick » Tue Jan 19, 2021 8:14 am

Yet another brilliant move by Sean Marks.

Make no mistake about it, our rotation (second unit) would have taken a HUGE HIT if not for Green and Bruce Brown. They basically stepped into those roles of Dinwiddie and Lavert and we haven't missed a beat.

Sean Marks is a basketball savant.
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 36,558

Post#17 » by MrDollarBills » Tue Jan 19, 2021 1:38 pm

Uncle Jeff is the perfect compliment to our stars.
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
GTR11
RealGM
And1: 2,847

Post#18 » by GTR11 » Wed Feb 17, 2021 8:26 pm

Brooklyn’s bench contributed 40 points, led by Jeff Green’s 18. Green signed a one-year deal for the veterans minimum. He’s one of three Nets to play in all 30 games.

The 34-year-old has also emerged as Brooklyn’s leader inside the locker room. Last week, when the Nets fell to the subpar Pistons, Green had a heart-to-heart with the team. Per teammate Joe Harris, Green told the team: “We’ve got to come together or we’re just going to keep having the same talk over and over again.”

The Nets are on a four-game win streak since the talk, jumped the Bucks for the second seed in the Eastern Conference, and are just one game back of the Sixers.

“He’s definitely been a voice of reason,” Steve Nash said of Green last Wednesday. “He provides a lot with his experience and the respect he deserves.”

Marks must resign Uncle Jeff for sure. Guy is pro's pro and he is BALLING CONSISTENTLY. Give him three years mMLE and sign him on a dot. Why no one would give him contract is mind boggling.
Paradise

Post#19 » by Paradise » Sat Feb 27, 2021 7:35 pm

Re-signing him is a must.

Q: How high is Nic Claxton’s ceiling?

A: Very high, that kid is special. His length … he’s been improving each time I’ve seen him since I’ve been here.

Q: Joe Harris?

A: A lethal shooter.

Q: Bruce Brown?

A: Tenacious. Biggie Smalls, that’s my guy.

Q: Biggie Smalls?

A: Yeah, plays like a big, but he’s small.

Q: What have you learned about the borough of Brooklyn?

A: It’s a beautiful, beautiful borough. I’m definitely enjoying my time here. One thing I did not know is the family-oriented feel that it has.

bubonicphoniks
Bench Warmer
And1: 894

Post#20 » by bubonicphoniks » Mon Mar 1, 2021 7:23 pm

I love me some Uncle Jeff and always have, but 3 years is a no from me.
GTR11 wrote:
Brooklyn’s bench contributed 40 points, led by Jeff Green’s 18. Green signed a one-year deal for the veterans minimum. He’s one of three Nets to play in all 30 games.

The 34-year-old has also emerged as Brooklyn’s leader inside the locker room. Last week, when the Nets fell to the subpar Pistons, Green had a heart-to-heart with the team. Per teammate Joe Harris, Green told the team: “We’ve got to come together or we’re just going to keep having the same talk over and over again.”

The Nets are on a four-game win streak since the talk, jumped the Bucks for the second seed in the Eastern Conference, and are just one game back of the Sixers.

“He’s definitely been a voice of reason,” Steve Nash said of Green last Wednesday. “He provides a lot with his experience and the respect he deserves.”

Marks must resign Uncle Jeff for sure. Guy is pro's pro and he is BALLING CONSISTENTLY. Give him three years mMLE and sign him on a dot. Why no one would give him contract is mind boggling.

Sent from my SM-G998U using RealGM mobile app

Return to Brooklyn Nets