ImageImageImage

Harden wants out of Houston...Do you trade Ben?

Moderators: HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Sixerscan, Foshan, sixers hoops

Would you trade Ben for Harden?

Hell Yes
53%
No way in Hell
47%

Total votes: 101

Arsenal
RealGM
And1: 10,121

Re: Harden wants out of Houston...Do you trade Ben? 

Post#161 » by Arsenal » Thu Nov 19, 2020 6:39 am

Skates wrote:The team they built tonight does not feel like one built to go dealing for Harden. I think they took their shot and moved on. Maxey as a high upside pick could alter that if he develops quickly, but if he does just keep him. I’d look for more of an impact SF move down the road, rather than waiting on Harden.

I agree with this. They're moving on with their plans based on Ben and Jo. They're not building a team for Harden.
76ciology
RealGM
And1: 23,419

Post#162 » by 76ciology » Thu Nov 19, 2020 6:41 am

Skates wrote:The team they built tonight does not feel like one built to go dealing for Harden. I think they took their shot and moved on. Maxey as a high upside pick could alter that if he develops quickly, but if he does just keep him. I’d look for more of an impact SF move down the road, rather than waiting on Harden.

Its hard to say at this point.

Either ben or harden, you need guys who can REALLY shoot.

If you are a coach, you can’t choose Al or Jrich shooting a 3 over Harden, Ben or Biid scoring by sending help now. Milton, Seth and Green are guys who can score 20+pts if you decide to give up 10 wide open 3s.
There’s never been a time in history when we look back and say that the people who were censoring free speech were the good guys.
FireMorey
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,573

Post#163 » by FireMorey » Thu Nov 19, 2020 6:56 am

I don't think what they did tonight has anything to do with Harden one way or the other. The Sixers are a 4th seed at best even with these moves and probably the 5th seed. I think Morey and Rivers realize that. Nothing they did today is a landscape changing move. Curry is a role player. Maxey is a nice piece. Danny Green is a free agent in a year. I just think they wanted to add shooting and that's what they did. They probably wouldn't have done anything all that differently even if they got Harden.

What they could do is if they think the Rockets aren't inclined to trade him any time soon, play with their roster into the season and if the team continues to show they are indeed maxed out as a middle seed playoff team, then make the call that it's time to deal one of Simmons or Embiid.
PhillyPhilly
Bench Warmer
And1: 522

Post#164 » by PhillyPhilly » Thu Nov 19, 2020 7:56 am

IF Ben continues not to shoot then his trade value will hit a ceiling pretty soon...which is why now might be the perfect time to do the deal. Ben wasn't in the playoffs so his reputation didn't take a hit which is a big benefit to us right now.
76ciology
RealGM

Post#165 » by 76ciology » Thu Nov 19, 2020 5:39 pm

” I think Harden is going to end up going to Philly, if I had to bet."

Bill Simmons adds he expects both Harden and Russell Westbrook to be traded within the next few days.

"I didn't fully believe it until the Horford trade today that secretly saved Philly a lot of money. With however much you have to add with whatever that Harden trade is. I think we all agree the Harden, Ben Simmons trade, whatever looks like, is the most logical trade. If Houston is going to trade Harden, they have to get someone like Ben Simmons back or it's not worth it."

Kevin O'Connor interjected that there has been speculation that Tillman Fertitta wouldn't trade Harden to Daryl Morey, but that position could be a negotiating tactic.

https://www.theringer.com/ryen-russillo-podcast
There’s never been a time in history when we look back and say that the people who were censoring free speech were the good guys.
76ciology
RealGM

Post#166 » by 76ciology » Thu Nov 19, 2020 5:48 pm

Read on Twitter

Fwiw, vin was saying Celts was going after Harden
eyeatoma
RealGM
And1: 11,001

Post#167 » by eyeatoma » Thu Nov 19, 2020 6:24 pm

76ciology wrote:
Read on Twitter

Fwiw, vin was saying Celts was going after Harden
There is no fwiw... Vin is not a scoop lol.

Sent from my SM-G988B using Tapatalk
Negrodamus
RealGM
And1: 13,745

Post#168 » by Negrodamus » Thu Nov 19, 2020 6:38 pm

Vin also said we were drafting Tyrell Terry a minute before selecting Maxey.
brannigan73
Rookie
And1: 600

Post#169 » by brannigan73 » Thu Nov 19, 2020 9:04 pm

Yes I would do it if it was basically Harden for Simmons and salary filler. Honestly Harden and Embiid is ShaqKobeesque. Surround them with shooting from Harris, Curry, and Green and you are in the mix for the title imo. Embiid is going to have to learn to be better in pick and roll if it happened. Sixers would be boring to watch however there would be a constant parade to the free throw line from Embiid and Harden plus the usual nonsense from Harden dribbling around forever on half of possessions. However it likely would be a 55+ win team and probably third best odds to win title behind Milwaukee and Lakers.
76ciology
RealGM

Post#170 » by 76ciology » Fri Nov 20, 2020 4:19 am

MacMahon also reported what the Rockets are seeking for Harden.

"A package for Harden, and listen, this thing has accelerated a lot faster than I anticipated it would. These things are all fluid. We understand that. What the Rockets are saying is 'We need a young franchise cornerstone type of player and a Jrue Holiday-like package of picks. That's where conversations have to start.' And do you see a young franchise cornerstone caliber player on the Nets? Do you consider Caris LeVert either young or a franchise cornerstone?"

"Well, he's not Ben Simmons if that's your point," replied Brian Windhorst.

Lol
KKell2507
Starter
And1: 507

Post#171 » by KKell2507 » Fri Nov 20, 2020 4:35 am

Have it on good authority from a friend that the Celtics just made a trade. Not any clue at all who it is, how big, or when it may get announced. But in a completely coincidental occurrence, Tatum was at my friends store in LA and got a call that he had to take saying "someone got traded." about an hour ago. Curious to see how quick these things go from players finding out to Woj or Shams.

No I'm not an insider nor do I have any inside sources anywhere, as you guys know cause i've been here a while. Just a 1 in 50000 odds of something happening like this.
oldshoolballer
Starter
And1: 2,615

Post#172 » by oldshoolballer » Fri Nov 20, 2020 5:16 am

I don't think the Rockets like the Nets offer. The Sixers are definitely still a part of the Harden fiasco and Simmons is what they want.
76ciology
RealGM

Post#173 » by 76ciology » Fri Nov 20, 2020 5:38 am

KKell2507 wrote:Have it on good authority from a friend that the Celtics just made a trade. Not any clue at all who it is, how big, or when it may get announced. But in a completely coincidental occurrence, Tatum was at my friends store in LA and got a call that he had to take saying "someone got traded." about an hour ago. Curious to see how quick these things go from players finding out to Woj or Shams.

No I'm not an insider nor do I have any inside sources anywhere, as you guys know cause i've been here a while. Just a 1 in 50000 odds of something happening like this.

Maybe it’s Dedmon to Pistons and Celts were eyeing Dedmon for a big. Or Hayward declining his option.

Or maybe, it’s not Jayson Tatum. But Channing Tatum.
76ciology
RealGM

Post#174 » by 76ciology » Fri Nov 20, 2020 5:41 am

oldshoolballer wrote:I don't think the Rockets like the Nets offer. The Sixers are definitely still a part of the Harden fiasco and Simmons is what they want.

Unless we can trade now the guys and assets we acquire yesterday, it will be hard to trade for Harden unless we trade Ben or unless they want a 20ppg who can score on 3 levels with very good character for a rebuilding team.
spikeslovechild
RealGM
And1: 5,982

Post#175 » by spikeslovechild » Sat Nov 21, 2020 1:32 am

76ciology wrote:
oldshoolballer wrote:I don't think the Rockets like the Nets offer. The Sixers are definitely still a part of the Harden fiasco and Simmons is what they want.

Unless we can trade now the guys and assets we acquire yesterday, it will be hard to trade for Harden unless we trade Ben or unless they want a 20ppg who can score on 3 levels with very good character for a rebuilding team.

Ben doesn't work as an off the ball player anyways. We might as well just use Thybulle in what Simmons role would be (defensive stopper roll to the basket player) if anything he might be better because he isn't hopeless as it relates to developing into a decent 3D catch and shoot player.

PG: Thybulle
SG: Harden
SF: Green?
PF: Harris
C: Embiid

That is a pretty solid group.

https://basketball.realgm.com/tradechecker/saved_trade/7357315
76ciology
RealGM

Post#176 » by 76ciology » Sat Nov 21, 2020 4:21 pm

Read on Twitter

Not really new but first time to hear it
jbent87
Veteran
And1: 1,202

Post#177 » by jbent87 » Sat Nov 21, 2020 8:37 pm

I'm keeping Maxey out of Harden talks going forward. They could've had 21st overall pick this time last week but they didn't want it. Now that pick has a name, and it's a lottery value player who shouldn't have been on the board. So he stays.

They can have 23 y/0 (24 by the end of the season) Thybulle instead.
Negrodamus
RealGM
And1: 13,745

Post#178 » by Negrodamus » Sat Nov 21, 2020 8:43 pm

Seems like a lot of people are leaking how frustrating Harden is to work with and there’s some proof in the pudding (Paul, Westbrook), but likely some of it is exaggerated. Seems like we’re building around Ben and Joel, so I’ve moved on from Harden. I think it’s still possible though.
PhillyPhilly
Bench Warmer

Post#179 » by PhillyPhilly » Sat Nov 21, 2020 8:54 pm

The thing Morey and Elton have to worry about are narratives that could form once the season starts. Imagin opening night with everyone watching and Harden does what he always does and drops 50 whilst looking sensational. Meanwhile Ben is back to PG under Rivers and the opposition defense once again sags off and dares him to shoot which he ignores. The deal won't be in our favour at that point. Getting a deal done now muddies the truth a little..waiting for Ben to remind everyone of his flaws again would not be good for us.
PhillyPhilly
Bench Warmer

Post#180 » by PhillyPhilly » Sat Nov 21, 2020 9:00 pm

Negrodamus wrote:Seems like a lot of people are leaking how frustrating Harden is to work with and there’s some proof in the pudding (Paul, Westbrook), but likely some of it is exaggerated. Seems like we’re building around Ben and Joel, so I’ve moved on from Harden. I think it’s still possible though.

Those were two ageing guards who were the main ball handlers for their previous teams before joining Houston. Harden has never played with a guy like Joel before. It would pretty much be our Lebron and Davis combo.

Return to Philadelphia 76ers