ImageImageImageImageImage

Shams: Fred VanVleet has agreed to a four-year, $85M deal to re-sign with the Toronto Raptors

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

Duffman100
Forum Mod - Raptors
Forum Mod - Raptors
And1: 62,758

Re: Shams: Fred VanVleet has agreed to a four-year, $85M deal to re-sign with the Toronto Raptors 

Post#181 » by Duffman100 » Sat Nov 21, 2020 8:34 pm

realball wrote:
DonDoolie wrote:
realball wrote:
Oh right, my argument is so much worse than you just saying he's a role-player over and over again. Why don't you name some role-players who dropped 18 ppg? How about role-players who started on the team with the second-best record while dropping 18/7?

Go cry in your little corner and leave us all alone, ya dunce. Go cry in the future, leave us to enjoy the present.

There were 52 people in the league that scored more than fred ppg wise just last year. Now let's look at role players

Wiggins
Schroeder
Lou Williams
Collin sexton
Dinwiddie
Bojan bogdanovic
Warren
Tobias Harris
Julius Randle
Gallo
Fournier
Graham
Rose
Rozier

Lmfao

Keep being a homer i can list more. Fred is a product of the system plug any pg in his role and they would do well on the raptors

Right, like Delon Wright? How come he wasn't as good as Fred?

Wtf is this list lmao. Are you trying to prove my point? Fred literally better than every single one of them besides maybe Bojan, Gallo, and Warren. All those guys were potential All-Stars and secondary play-makers for their team, not just role-players. Bojan's got a similar contract, Gallo got paid $20 mill, and Warren definitely will be getting a similar amount when he's a FA. So yeah, we paid Fred exactly what he should be getting, if not less. You got guys on your list like Wiggins and Harris getting paid $25 mill. Even Rozier's at $20 mill. Schroeder's got $15 mill and will probably get a raise next off-season.

So yeah, go cry somewhere else, you're making yourself look like an idiot.

You've both made your point, now stop responding to each other.
mdenny
Head Coach
And1: 6,542

Re: Shams: Fred VanVleet has agreed to a four-year, $85M deal to re-sign with the Toronto Raptors 

Post#182 » by mdenny » Sat Nov 21, 2020 8:38 pm

I'm thrilled. This basically guarantees 4 more years of relevancy for the Raps.

Obviously there could be more twists and turns.....but a lineup of Fred, OG, Pascal and another max contract is an extremely solid base level. Even if it's not Giannis....plugging in a Beal or any number of free agents next off-season is exciting.
Smithers
Pro Prospect
And1: 180

Post#183 » by Smithers » Sat Nov 21, 2020 8:40 pm

Lol, classic Raps

Nope --Duff
Yeezus_
RealGM
And1: 13,741

Post#184 » by Yeezus_ » Sat Nov 21, 2020 8:45 pm

DonDoolie wrote:
realball wrote:
DonDoolie wrote:
THAT is your justification for his terrible deal? He scored 18ppg? Lmfao. Oh and if you watched any damn basketball in your life you would know there were plenty of role players that got 18ppg before. Yah read the room its a bunch of homers. I'll keep this thread saved just so I can laugh in the future.

Peace.

Oh right, my argument is so much worse than you just saying he's a role-player over and over again. Why don't you name some role-players who dropped 18 ppg? How about role-players who started on the team with the second-best record while dropping 18/7?

Go cry in your little corner and leave us all alone, ya dunce. Go cry in the future, leave us to enjoy the present.

There were 52 people in the league that scored more than fred ppg wise just last year. Now let's look at role players

Wiggins
Schroeder
Lou Williams
Collin sexton
Dinwiddie
Bojan bogdanovic
Warren
Tobias Harris
Julius Randle
Gallo
Fournier
Graham
Rose
Rozier

Lmfao

Keep being a homer i can list more. Fred is a product of the system plug any pg in his role and they would do well on the raptors
How many of these guys can stop the point of attack?
Yeezy SZN approaching
Steelo Green
RealGM
And1: 24,806

Post#185 » by Steelo Green » Sat Nov 21, 2020 8:51 pm

Yeezus_ wrote:
DonDoolie wrote:
realball wrote:

Wiggins
Schroeder
Lou Williams
Collin sexton
Dinwiddie
Bojan bogdanovic
Warren
Tobias Harris
Julius Randle
Gallo
Fournier
Graham
Rose
Rozier

Lmfao

Fred “stopping” Steph last year
DreamTeam09
RealGM
And1: 8,561

Post#186 » by DreamTeam09 » Sat Nov 21, 2020 8:55 pm

Yeezus_ wrote:
DonDoolie wrote:
realball wrote:

Wiggins
Schroeder
Lou Williams
Collin sexton
Dinwiddie
Bojan bogdanovic
Warren
Tobias Harris
Julius Randle
Gallo
Fournier
Graham
Rose
Rozier

Lmfao

Not one of those players plays defense lol

In Raptor Ball I Trust
Steelo Green
RealGM

Post#187 » by Steelo Green » Sat Nov 21, 2020 8:57 pm

DreamTeam09 wrote:
Yeezus_ wrote:
DonDoolie wrote:

Wiggins
Schroeder
Lou Williams
Collin sexton
Dinwiddie
Bojan bogdanovic
Warren
Tobias Harris
Julius Randle
Gallo
Fournier
Graham
Rose
Rozier

Lmfao

TJ Warren, Dennis Schroeder, and Tobias Harris don’t play D?
Steelo Green
RealGM

Post#188 » by Steelo Green » Sat Nov 21, 2020 8:59 pm

Schroeder for reference was 8th in defensive net rating in the league for 25+ mins. Ahead of Pascal and not on a team with an elite interior defender.
Reeko
Forum Mod - Raptors
Forum Mod - Raptors
And1: 32,888

Post#189 » by Reeko » Sat Nov 21, 2020 9:15 pm

Steelo Green wrote:
Yeezus_ wrote:
DonDoolie wrote:

Wiggins
Schroeder
Lou Williams
Collin sexton
Dinwiddie
Bojan bogdanovic
Warren
Tobias Harris
Julius Randle
Gallo
Fournier
Graham
Rose
Rozier

Lmfao

Compared to what Dame did in the Conference Finals, Fred kept him in check. Against Dame, Curry averaged 36.5 ppg, 8 rpg, 7 apg on 66 TS% and 60 efg%. Essentially LeBron numbers. Anyway, the only way a team is going to keep a healthy and prime Curry under 25 ppg in a series is if they stick a small forward that's a freak of nature like LeBron or Kawhi on him for the entire series.
Clay Davis wrote:COMPOSED ONLY OF THE COOLEST WOMEN AND THE HOTTEST GUYS, THE TORONTO RAPTORS REALGM BOARD HAS LONG BEEN KNOWN FOR ITS HIGH-QUALITY DISCUSSION, PASSIONATE LOYALTY, TEMPERATE CELEBRATIONS OF VICTORY, AND GRACE IN DEFEAT.
Steelo Green
RealGM

Post#190 » by Steelo Green » Sat Nov 21, 2020 9:24 pm

Reeko wrote:
Steelo Green wrote:
Yeezus_ wrote:How many of these guys can stop the point of attack?

Compared to what Dame did in the Conference Finals, Fred kept him in check. Against Dame, Curry averaged 36.5 ppg, 8 rpg, 7 apg on 66 TS% and 60 efg%. Essentially LeBron numbers. Anyway, the only way a team is going to keep a healthy and prime Curry under 25 ppg in a series is if they stick a small forward that's a freak of nature like LeBron or Kawhi on him for the entire series.

There's a decent gap between 25 PPG and 30 PPG, and Dame isn't known as a good defender, a monicker thrown around to Fred like candy.

Fred's D is fine, but this he stops the point of attack nonsense needs to end. For all the talk of Kemba having a bad series, he had a 57TS.

With regard to Curry, he has had a pretty mediocre finals performances shooting the ball (by his standards) without Lebron defending him by his standards and there was no "point of attack" defender on the other side.
StopitLeo
RealGM
And1: 6,605

Post#191 » by StopitLeo » Sat Nov 21, 2020 9:35 pm

Solid. With the max 8% raises it would start at $19M.

Edit: Just saw Grange’s tweet that it starts at $21.25M, dips for 2021-22, and then comes back up. That’ll work.
kalel123
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,003

Post#192 » by kalel123 » Sat Nov 21, 2020 9:41 pm

I don't know the exact math but it looks eerily close to the number that was out there as the max allowed to have max cap room next offseason.

If so, reasonable deal all around. Especially considering the numbers being thrown out there at some marginal talents.

Next up is Ibaka. Market drying up for him rather quick. Unless he wants to go to Knicks, seems to me there might be a number out there for Ibaka to sign a one-year deal and give it another go next offseason.
Fast_Feets
Starter
And1: 359

Post#193 » by Fast_Feets » Sat Nov 21, 2020 9:55 pm

I was hoping for a sign and trade.

Hopefully powell getd the nod at the 2 and lowry gets his starts with fewer mins for the long haul. Let fvv take the reins without lowry and see how he does.

Malachi flynn will show the raps with time what fvv is missing and thats speed and explosiveness. Then we trade fvv and all is well. Raps are so limited offensively
Lowry /fredd / flynn
Powell /td? / harris
Og / watson jr
Pascal / brisett
Serge? / boucher / Fernandez

2 guys i am rooting for in a trade Aaron gordan and zach lavine
kalel123
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,003

Post#194 » by kalel123 » Sat Nov 21, 2020 10:13 pm

Don't know about everyone but looks to me like Giannis sweepstakes is still alive and well now that dust has settled a bit on the offseason.

Bucks front office look amateurish with Bogdanovic debacle. And it looks like they are just pluggin' holes at this point. Fact still remains that they misfired big time letting Brogdon go last year. He would've either helped the team directly or helped them get another piece that could've really helped. Shows that they really can't do it when it comes to paying the price of winning.

They'd be so screwed if Giannis left giving up all those picks for Holiday and he must see it, too. And draft picks hold more value for a team like that. I know people were saying they must've had Giannis commitment to super max but now I'm not so sure after seeing what went down, or didn't.
vini_vidi_vici
RealGM
And1: 20,796

Post#195 » by vini_vidi_vici » Sat Nov 21, 2020 10:13 pm

Among 115 players to face 10 DFGA/game, he is 19th at a -3.7 DFG% differential.

Very good in the PnR D. #1 in the L in deflections per game. #2 in defensive loose balls recovered. T7th for amount of contested 3s. Very good at boxing out as a G.

Kemba in the POs last yr vs FVV. 8/26 2 TOVs, got blocked by FVV 3 times, and 5/5 FTs, on 189+ possessions.

Steph in the Finals, 12/29, 4 TOVs, 10/11 FTs.

Last yr vs all Gs in the RS, FVV created 99 TOVs, they only had 166 FGM. Its not like Fs/Cs shot much better either, 44 TOVs to 89 FGM.

Thats while guarding more Starters that yr, and 13.9% of his mins were against an allstar, and 8.4% against all-NBA players.

Also....

iDRTG is terrible. ** Paid for by Pfizer Inc.
DreamTeam09
RealGM
And1: 8,561

Post#196 » by DreamTeam09 » Sat Nov 21, 2020 10:21 pm

Steelo Green wrote:
DreamTeam09 wrote:
Yeezus_ wrote:How many of these guys can stop the point of attack?

TJ Warren is alright
Dennis is alright on defense
No tobias doesn't play avg defense

FVV is better than all of those guys on defense and the best shooter of all those guys too

In Raptor Ball I Trust
Steelo Green
RealGM

Post#197 » by Steelo Green » Sat Nov 21, 2020 10:26 pm

DreamTeam09 wrote:
Steelo Green wrote:
DreamTeam09 wrote:

TJ Warren is alright
Dennis is alright on defense
No tobias doesn't play avg defense

FVV is better than all of those guys on defense and the best shooter of all those guys too

lol

Warren is the better player pretty easily, Schroeder is actually very good on D and an underrated player in general, just doesn't ply for the Raptors to talk about it.

You said none of them play D, so yeah, no.
TheBoi10
General Manager
And1: 11,891

Post#198 » by TheBoi10 » Sat Nov 21, 2020 10:29 pm

Disappointed in the overpay
AirCanadaMouse
Starter
And1: 1,857

Post#199 » by AirCanadaMouse » Sat Nov 21, 2020 10:46 pm

raptor jesus wrote:
AirCanadaMouse wrote:I think he’s a replaceable player, and at that price tag I need a true solidified starter and he’s really not that. He’s still inefficient, and given his size, I don’t see that ceiling getting any higher.

He also gets exposed every time in the playoffs and his hero ball nonsense was unbearable during the Celtics series.

He needs to step up big time, I’m just not a fan of FVV but Terrence Davis blew any chance he had of taking his role.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I know it was over a year ago now, but do you not recall the Raptors winning a title, and Mr. Vanvleet contributing to that achievement in a major way?

I know it was over a year ago, but please don't neglect the awful playoff series he had against Philadelphia, Milwaukee, and even Orlando to fit your narrative. You're right man, he really contributed in a major way behind the GOAT play of Kawhi and all star performances of Pascal and Lowry (on defense espeically). FVV weaknesses are hidden behind these type of talents, and with the way he's getting paid, he can't hide no more.

Did you forget FVV putting the cape on and dribbling around and not giving out a single pass on the final possession of game 7 against Boston? of course you don't, you want to fit behind your delusional narratives.

He put the cape on and played hero ball, but fans like you overlook this because he dishes out some compliments regarding the city. And that's all that's needed with insecure fans like yourself.
Thank you Clutch0z24
Ramed Nazored
Assistant Coach
And1: 9,450

Post#200 » by Ramed Nazored » Sat Nov 21, 2020 10:48 pm

Yeezus_ wrote:
DonDoolie wrote:
realball wrote:

Wiggins
Schroeder
Lou Williams
Collin sexton
Dinwiddie
Bojan bogdanovic
Warren
Tobias Harris
Julius Randle
Gallo
Fournier
Graham
Rose
Rozier

Lmfao

He forget to mention that half of those players played for awful teams and the other half don't guard and have never won a thing.

Return to Toronto Raptors