ImageImageImageImageImage

With the 59th pick in the 2020 NBA Draft the Toronto Raptors select: Jalen Harris

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

RaptorsNorth
RealGM
And1: 13,757

Re: With the 59th pick in the 2020 NBA Draft the Toronto Raptors select: Jalen Harris 

Post#121 » by RaptorsNorth » Fri Nov 20, 2020 9:40 am

We all know a good bit about Flynn’s ability by now so Im going to focus on Harris’s game and why I think he has the ability to be a better scorer than both Norm and TD. He simply has more in his trick bag offensively than both of them. The person on here that said they see similarities to Gilbert Arenas game was actually a decent comparison but Arenas was quick as hell. I would say a poor mans Bradly Beal. It’s his ability to get to the basket at will and just shoot the ball without taking a dribble.

Look at the many ways he gets his points in the video below. When a player has the ability to score in many different ways it’s much harder for teams to stop them. It’s the same reason why I think pascal gets into trouble in the playoffs. He Just doesn’t have enough in his offensive game to have teams guessing but that’s a different story. You might be able to take away the 3 ball or the dive but he can also score out of the post. it’s much harder to prepare for a player when he can score in so many different ways but it’s also his calmness for me. The guy is just calm with ball in his hands. If he had Powell’s defense he’s a first round pick.

His passing ability on display below. Now I know why they say he can play some Point guard minutes.

“Elephant in the room : Nick Thibodeau” Board member seanbig :lol: :lol: :lol:

"THEY'RE SAYING US AND GOLDEN STATE ARE THE SUPER TEAMS" Knicks PG Derrick Rose :lol:
bonjovi0308
Veteran
And1: 889

Re: With the 59th pick in the 2020 NBA Draft the Toronto Raptors select: Jalen Harris 

Post#122 » by bonjovi0308 » Fri Nov 20, 2020 2:03 pm

From my amateur's perspective, Harris looks like could be a top 20-25 pick in a normal draft.
traps#10
Head Coach
And1: 8,364

Post#123 » by traps#10 » Fri Nov 20, 2020 2:33 pm

I hope all of you aren’t hyping him up just to see him play in the G-League/Europe and never be able to see him play in a Raptors uniform LOL
Jcity08
RealGM
And1: 15,466

Post#124 » by Jcity08 » Fri Nov 20, 2020 2:33 pm

If you want some nice Harris highlights...

Signed with team T.W.O for the 2022-23 2023-24 season.
mtcan
RealGM
And1: 20,432

Post#125 » by mtcan » Fri Nov 20, 2020 2:39 pm

traps#10 wrote:I hope all of you aren’t hyping him up just to see him play in the G-League/Europe and never be able to see him play in a Raptors uniform LOL

Jalen is spending his first year in the G-League.

The last guy that got sent overseas was DeAndre Daniels...and that failed miserably.
traps#10
Head Coach
And1: 8,364

Post#126 » by traps#10 » Fri Nov 20, 2020 2:52 pm

mtcan wrote:
traps#10 wrote:I hope all of you aren’t hyping him up just to see him play in the G-League/Europe and never be able to see him play in a Raptors uniform LOL

The last guy that got sent overseas was DeAndre Daniels...and that failed miserably.

I remember some of the fans were hyping up DeAndre Daniels to be our 3+D guy lol. All I’m saying is that don’t get your expectations too high with the 59th pick...
gerrit4
Head Coach
And1: 3,195

Post#127 » by gerrit4 » Fri Nov 20, 2020 3:08 pm

traps#10 wrote:
mtcan wrote:

I remember some of the fans were hyping up DeAndre Daniels to be our 3+D guy lol. All I’m saying is that don’t get your expectations too high with the 59th pick...

It's true, if a 59th pick can ever be a rotation player even for a season, that's a great pick. That said, it's fun to get a little excited because of Masai's ability to find undrafted players (59th is basically undrafted), and Harris does look more like an NBA player than a lot of guys I saw go in the 2nd.
RaptorsNorth
RealGM

Post#128 » by RaptorsNorth » Fri Nov 20, 2020 4:04 pm

gerrit4 wrote:
traps#10 wrote:
mtcan wrote:Jalen is spending his first year in the G-League.

It's true, if a 59th pick can ever be a rotation player even for a season, that's a great pick. That said, it's fun to get a little excited because of Masai's ability to find undrafted players (59th is basically undrafted), and Harris does look more like an NBA player than a lot of guys I saw go in the 2nd.
stop this nonsense! We just found 2 useful Players that were un-drafted in Fred and TD. I know some people sometimes feel the need to go against the grain for the attention but take that trash to another teams board that doesn’t have a track record for finding guys at the bottom on the barrel :lol:

All I’m going to say is Amir Johnson was the 56th pick, Paul Milsap was a 2nd round pick, Draymond Green was a 2nd round pick, Toni Kukoc was a 2nd round pick, Nikola Jokic was a 2nd rounder, Marc Gasol was a 2nd rounder, Ginobili was a 2nd pick, who else ?

This is not late round hockey picks with far more rounds, this is not NFL with far more picks. There’s hall of famers that went in the 2nd round. Fred is about milk one of these teams and he wasn’t even drafted smh some of you crave attention so bad :lol: it’s like the Canadian guy that goes to a sporting event in Canada to boo the Canadian athlete just for the attention :lol: I’ve seen it. He doesn’t really hate the guy but feels the need to go against the grain for the attention :lol: :lol: guys that show up to Jurassic park in other teams jersey claiming they’re not a raptor fan smh Don’t get it f...ed up They just want attention, they just want to create a talking point :lol: :lol:

We have 3 un-drafted players and a 2nd pick that just played in the playoffs smh F... are you talking about :lol: Bobby and Masai really do this buddy.

"THEY'RE SAYING US AND GOLDEN STATE ARE THE SUPER TEAMS" Knicks PG Derrick Rose :lol:
Jcity08
RealGM

Post#129 » by Jcity08 » Fri Nov 20, 2020 4:20 pm

RaptorsNorth wrote:stop this nonsense! We just found 2 useful Players that were un-drafted in Fred and TD. I know some people sometimes feel the need to go against the grain for the attention but take that trash to another teams board that doesn’t have a track record for finding guys at the bottom on the barrel :lol:

All I’m going say is Amir Johnson was the 56th pick,
Milsap was a 2nd round pick, Draymond Green was a 2nd round pick, Toni Kukoc was a 2nd round pick, Nikola Jokic was 2nd rounder, Marc Gasol was a 2nd rounder, Ginobili was 2nd pick. who else ?

This is not late round hockey picks with far more rounds, this is not NFL with far more picks. There’s hall of famers that went in the 2nd round. Fred is about milk one of these teams and he wasn’t even drafted smh some of you crave attention so bad :lol: it’s like the Canadian guy that goes to a sporting event in Canada to boo the Canadian athlete just for the attention :lol: I’ve seen it. He doesn’t really hate the guy but feels the need to go against the grain for the attention :lol: :lol: guys that show up to Jurassic park in other teams jersey claiming they’re not a raptor fan. Don’t get it f...Ed up They just want attention, they just want to create a talking point :lol: :lol:

We have 2 un-drafted players and a 2nd pick that just played in the playoffs smh F... are you talking about :lol: Bobby and Masai really do this buddy.

Exactly. And no one is suggesting they will pan out, just that from the limited clips, analysis and interviews we have, they seem to be players that will slide into NBA rotations pretty well. Including ours.

RaptorsNorth
RealGM

Post#130 » by RaptorsNorth » Fri Nov 20, 2020 4:23 pm

All I’m going to say is nobody Masai and Bobby pick should be viewed as a failed pick until You see them fail. You can’t discredit a proven track record when we have a team filled with bottom of the barrel players that just won over 50 games again smh we have a free agent thats an un-drafted player who has the Knicks willing to pay him over 20 million.

You ever see the movie trading places with Eddie Murphy ? You know where the 2 rich old men betted they could fire their finance guy (dan aykroyd) and take a bum off the street (Eddie Murphy) and make him into their successful finance guy ? Thats what Masai and Bobby did with that stiff Bruno. They took that scrub and made him a millionaire and he’s still lingering around the league when better players are playing in some f ...... sweat box in Russia or Turkey for less. Don’t ever question those guys man.

You know who this is ? That’s former Raptor Solomon Alabi playing in a sweat box in Japan and Bruno is in the NBA still scamming teams into thinking he’s a NBA player

Dalek
RealGM
And1: 9,206

Post#131 » by Dalek » Fri Nov 20, 2020 7:25 pm

A pick is just a number, let's not forget this guy is a three level scorer who has grinded his way into being a draft pick. He tested as one of the best at the Combine as well:

Harris 6-foot-4 in shoes, 6-7 wingspan with 4.4 percent body fat

Standing vertical jump of 37.5 inches was the highest in the 2020 combine and the best in the last four NBA combines

Max vertical jump was 42.5 inches

Lane agility time of 10.59 seconds, the third best at this year's combine

3.11-second three-quarter-court sprint ranked fifth

And he can do these types of dunks

Read on Twitter
?s=20

Basically, I see a bit of Jamal Murray in his game and with Toronto development system you never know how high he can reach. At the minimum he takes some bench minutes as as an off-guard.
OhCanada1091
Veteran
And1: 2,122

Post#132 » by OhCanada1091 » Fri Nov 20, 2020 10:15 pm

RaptorsNorth wrote:
gerrit4 wrote:
traps#10 wrote:

stop this nonsense! We just found 2 useful Players that were un-drafted in Fred and TD. I know some people sometimes feel the need to go against the grain for the attention but take that trash to another teams board that doesn’t have a track record for finding guys at the bottom on the barrel :lol:

All I’m going say is Amir Johnson was the 56th pick,
Milsap was a 2nd round pick, Draymond Green was a 2nd round pick, Toni Kukoc was a 2nd round pick, Nikola Jokic was 2nd rounder, Marc Gasol was a 2nd rounder, Ginobili was 2nd pick. who else ?

This is not late round hockey picks with far more rounds, this is not NFL with far more picks. There’s hall of famers that went in the 2nd round. Fred is about milk one of these teams and he wasn’t even drafted smh some of you crave attention so bad :lol: it’s like the Canadian guy that goes to a sporting event in Canada to boo the Canadian athlete just for the attention :lol: I’ve seen it. He doesn’t really hate the guy but feels the need to go against the grain for the attention :lol: :lol: guys that show up to Jurassic park in other teams jersey claiming they’re not a raptor fan. Don’t get it f...Ed up They just want attention, they just want to create a talking point :lol: :lol:

We have 3 un-drafted players and a 2nd pick that just played in the playoffs smh F... are you talking about :lol: Bobby and Masai really do this buddy.

Exactly. All of these kids have the talent. In the NBA only 60 players are picked every year. Now think of this. Arguably the best football player ever Tom Brady and unarguably the most accomplished was drafted in the 6th round with the 199th pick. 6 quarterbacks went ahead of him. Why did this happen? Patriots had a great system in place for him to be successful, he fit the system and bought in to the program.

Listen Jalen Harris isnt coming into the league just to be an end of the bench guy that is stuck on a 2 way contract and Toronto didnt draft him to be. Raptors want him to improve and he wants to improve and we have the best development program in the league along with Miami. You gotta aim high. Hes as athletic as anyone in the league and has great size for a combo guard. Why not be excited?
Lukeem
Analyst
And1: 2,577

Post#133 » by Lukeem » Sat Nov 21, 2020 12:19 pm

With the 59th pick in 2014 masai ujiri drafts cash considerations.

With the 59th pick in 2019 ujiri drafts Dewan Hernandez

With the 59th pick in the 2020 draft ujiri drafts Jamal Murray - but one year younger.

Not trying to be a dick because I love the pick and yes he seems to have potential to be a rotation player - and I’m a big enough believer in masai being amazing at talent evaluation that I wouldn’t be surprised if he’s more than that some day.

But odds are he has a completely insignificant nba career.

Regardless masai is still goat and love this draft despite not filling needs ( which draft should never be about, but it’s nice when it happens)
Psubs
RealGM
And1: 10,623

Post#134 » by Psubs » Sat Nov 21, 2020 1:26 pm

Lukeem wrote:With the 59th pick in 2014 masai ujiri drafts cash considerations.

With the 59th pick in the 2020 draft ujiri drafts Jamal Murray - but one year younger.

Not trying to be a dick because I love the pick and yes he seems to have potential to be a rotation player - and I’m a big enough believer in masai being amazing at talent evaluation that I wouldn’t be surprised if he’s more than that some day.

Regardless masai is still goat and love this draft despite not filling needs ( which draft should never be about, but it’s nice when it happens)

And FVV and TD went undrafted. So the odds are not too crazy.
Lukeem
Analyst
And1: 2,577

Post#135 » by Lukeem » Sat Nov 21, 2020 1:34 pm

Psubs wrote:
Lukeem wrote:With the 59th pick in 2014 masai ujiri drafts cash considerations.

And FVV and TD went undrafted. So the odds are not too crazy.

not crazy at all that he becomes a rotation player, with Masai's track record.

From last year Davis looks like a hit, but maybe with off court issues he might not get another chance... Konate, Hernadez, Wiggington all look like misses so far - but none of those are hopeless either
lobosloboslobos
RealGM
And1: 17,824

Post#136 » by lobosloboslobos » Sat Nov 21, 2020 4:17 pm

the other thing people seem to forget is that a draft pick is a person not a pre-packaged career gift box that you open up and take out to see what you got

the key to the success the Raps have had with finding outliers and having them become stars is that they are really really good at developing guys and putting them in positions to succeed

with that in mind, a crafty, smart and skilled elite athlete with 4 years of NCAA ball will become whatever he and the Raps make him into, and as we have seen, the sky is the limit
PhilBlackson
RealGM
And1: 42,240

Post#137 » by PhilBlackson » Sat Nov 21, 2020 7:10 pm

Jalen looks like he has the potential to become our best SG offensively on the roster, even more so than Davis. Looks waaaay better at creating off the dribble and reading a defense. Just saying style wise he almost reminds me of CJ McCollum (not level of player although who knows until we see what he can do on the court).

But very happy with this pick. Not pretending I scouted much of the guys at 59 but from what I can see I like his potential way more than the names like Knight, Wesson etc that were thrown around on here. Just when people worried about Davis, I think at least for the roster it could turn out to be a mild blessing in disguise if it leads to Harris getting some minutes in the rotation. Excited to see if we might have connected on our best late second round SG yet lol
>>>SCOTTIEALLSTARSEASON<<< -- U KNOW THE VIBEZ :guitar: Club Shai Shai
Taking names of who OG will be better than Shaedon: DelAbbott, ThaCynic, pingpongrac, Los_29, OakleyDokley
Jcity08
RealGM

Post#138 » by Jcity08 » Sat Nov 21, 2020 7:19 pm

PhilBlackson wrote:Jalen looks like he has the potential to become our best SG offensively on the roster, even more so than Davis. Looks waaaay better at creating off the dribble and reading a defense. Just saying style wise he almost reminds me of CJ McCollum (not level of player although who knows until we see what he can do on the court).

But very happy with this pick. Not pretending I scouted much of the guys at 59 but from what I can see I like his potential way more than the names like Knight, Wesson etc that were thrown around on here. Just when people worried about Davis, I think at least for the roster it could turn out to be a mild blessing in disguise if it leads to Harris getting some minutes in the rotation. Excited to see if we might have connected on our best late second round SG yet lol

And if he doesn't pan out (which I'm optimistic he will pan out at the very least as a scoring option off the bench), it was a late 2nd round pick in a draft class that could have wild results when its all said and done.

Fast_Feets
Starter
And1: 359

Post#139 » by Fast_Feets » Sat Nov 21, 2020 10:00 pm

Holy moly. The highlight vids look great but his physicsl measurements are elite. Sleeper pick. He should be our backup 2 guard in no time. Eventual starter
Fast_Feets
Starter
And1: 359

Post#140 » by Fast_Feets » Sat Nov 21, 2020 10:20 pm

The raptors will never pick a bruno type ever again.let it never be mentioned again. Better to pick someone like harris who has elite tools and knowd how to play. You fill in thr gaps and teach the defence

Return to Toronto Raptors