Serving up big plates of Crow for Thanksgiving dinner at RealGM Cafe

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

basketballwacko2
RealGM
And1: 3,930

Serving up big plates of Crow for Thanksgiving dinner at RealGM Cafe 

Post#1 » by basketballwacko2 » Sat Nov 21, 2020 7:46 pm

Who gets the first plate! Come on in boys and girls there's plenty of Guacamole and mild salsa to put on it so you can get it down!
basketballwacko2
RealGM

Re: Serving up big plates of Crow for Thanksgiving dinner at RealGM Cafe 

Post#2 » by basketballwacko2 » Sat Nov 21, 2020 7:49 pm

I've got a nice bottle of Johnny Walker Double Black if you're thirsty after that crow dinner! Only $9 per shot rocks are free.

Texas Chuck
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
And1: 88,715

Post#3 » by Texas Chuck » Sat Nov 21, 2020 7:49 pm

I'll sticky this because it might be a minute too early. I'm still planning on some more big talk blowing up in my face this off-season.

Love the OP though.
ThunderBolt wrote:I’m going to let some of you in on a little secret I learned on realgm. If you don’t like a thread, not only do you not have to comment but you don’t even have to open it and read it. You’re welcome.
basketballwacko2
RealGM

Post#4 » by basketballwacko2 » Sat Nov 21, 2020 7:54 pm

Texas Chuck wrote:I'll sticky this because it might be a minute too early. I'm still planning on some more big talk blowing up in my face this off-season.

Love the OP though.

Can't be that bad at least you didn't say the Hornets were not gonna give Hayward $30 million a year! But hey that Johnny Walker is nice and smooth.
Texas Chuck

Post#5 » by Texas Chuck » Sat Nov 21, 2020 7:55 pm

basketballwacko2 wrote:
Texas Chuck wrote:I'll sticky this because it might be a minute too early. I'm still planning on some more big talk blowing up in my face this off-season.

Love the OP though.

Can't be that bad at least you didn't say the Hornets were not gonna give Hayward $30 million a year! But hey that Johnny Walker is nice and smooth.

I'm a teetotaler, but if I were a Hornets, Pistons or Bucks fan right now I might no longer be. 8-)
ThunderBolt wrote:I’m going to let some of you in on a little secret I learned on realgm. If you don’t like a thread, not only do you not have to comment but you don’t even have to open it and read it. You’re welcome.
basketballwacko2
RealGM

Post#6 » by basketballwacko2 » Sat Nov 21, 2020 7:57 pm

I went out and got the Scotch last night in case the Pacers ended up sending Turner to the Celtics for Hayward. I won't be nibbling the blackbird myself at this point just cooking it up for the folks. I cook up a nice blackbird pie, with all the trimmings for who ever needs it.
basketballwacko2
RealGM

Post#7 » by basketballwacko2 » Sat Nov 21, 2020 7:59 pm

Texas Chuck wrote:
basketballwacko2 wrote:

Love the OP though.

I'm a teetotaler, but if I were a Hornets, Pistons or Bucks fan right now I might no longer be. 8-)

Well then I'll drink the Premium Scotch myself! When I do I start to talk with a slight Scottish accent.
eminence
RealGM
And1: 10,712

Post#8 » by eminence » Sat Nov 21, 2020 8:02 pm

I really really thought the Jazz had something bigger planned than running it back + Favors, but not today.
I bought a boat.
loserX
And1: 26,046

Post#9 » by loserX » Sat Nov 21, 2020 8:57 pm

Mentioned this before a couple of times, but I'm getting an early helping a la Malik Beasley. Would have thought he'd be more likely to leave Minnesota outright than get a deal over the MLE, but nope, he got *sixty million* dollars. I was way wrong.

Thought Hayward was going to stay in Boston on a new deal for less money. But as Smitty is saying, whatever happened in 2018-19 must have really broken that Celtic team.

It is early and I am sure I will have plenty more chances to be wrong as the offseason continues :lol:
Jordan Syndrome
Sixth Man
And1: 1,425

Post#10 » by Jordan Syndrome » Sat Nov 21, 2020 10:12 pm

basketballwacko2 wrote:I went out and got the Scotch last night in case the Pacers ended up sending Turner to the Celtics for Hayward. I won't be nibbling the blackbird myself at this point just cooking it up for the folks. I cook up a nice blackbird pie, with all the trimmings for who ever needs it.

Have you had Oban 14 or Glenlivet 14?
basketballwacko2
RealGM

Post#11 » by basketballwacko2 » Sat Nov 21, 2020 10:24 pm

Jordan Syndrome wrote:
basketballwacko2 wrote:I went out and got the Scotch last night in case the Pacers ended up sending Turner to the Celtics for Hayward. I won't be nibbling the blackbird myself at this point just cooking it up for the folks. I cook up a nice blackbird pie, with all the trimmings for who ever needs it.

Have you had Oban 14 or Glenlivet 14?

Not had the Oban but the Glenlivet is a fine Scotch Whiskey. I bought a bottle of the Glenlivet Founders Reserve recently, I found it for $30 at a Kroger it's a Speyside single malt and I like it but I like the regular Glenlivet better. But for $30 it's a good value. I've found some great prices at Kroger, they had 30% off if you buy 6 bottles mix and match I stocked up. I've got enough booze to last a year now.
Coxy
RealGM
And1: 14,656

Post#12 » by Coxy » Sat Nov 21, 2020 11:30 pm

Where's that Minnesota fan that came to the Warriors board claiming that the Warriors would have to trade up to number 1 to get draft Wiseman, because Minnesota were going to pick him? Some crow pie with sauce awaits.
jayjaysee
King of the Trade Board
And1: 5,463

Post#13 » by jayjaysee » Sat Nov 21, 2020 11:34 pm

Guess I’m the first at the Al Horford negative value table.

I’ll have a piece of the Hayward leaving Boston empty handed. And some OKC total rebuild or whatever magic Presti just did. And I guess some Malik, I thought he was questionably an MLE player before his legal issue..

Still hungry? GSW using their TPE is my biggest serving.. LAL got Dennis* but I thought they’d bulk out their roster. Didn’t lose anyone as good as Dennis was last year but lost a lot of mediocre and didn’t replace them (yet)

A lot more on the table still though, surely will have a second plate. But no crow about Dallas. We are very predictable. I didn’t think it should cost much to dump Wright, though I’m thinking it would have cost the same amount to dump Johnson and that’s why Dallas didn’t need to pay. But Detroit paying suggests he has positive-ish value. Or Detroit was still drunk...
Texas Chuck

Post#14 » by Texas Chuck » Sun Nov 22, 2020 12:01 am

Coxy wrote:Where's that Minnesota fan that came to the Warriors board claiming that the Warriors would have to trade up to number 1 to get draft Wiseman, because Minnesota were going to pick him? Some crow pie with sauce awaits.

Not to single out Coxy here but a firm reminder to all. We are here to eat our own crow not serve it up to others.
HornetJail
RealGM
And1: 12,533

Post#15 » by HornetJail » Sun Nov 22, 2020 3:01 am

essentially everything about this offseason. I can never take what Mitch Kupchak says at face value ever again.

1) It sounded like the team was hell bent on acquiring assets with our cap space and that we weren't going to be looking at making a free agent splash. I believed it because that's what any competent team would do in our situation. That went completely out the window.

2) I really didn't think we'd want anything to do with LaMelo Ball. Here we are.

At least we haven't yet traded a future pick or Bridges/Monk for another veteran. Then it would be the ultimate middle finger to everyone that wants to see more than a first round exit sometime this decade.
formerly KEMBAtheMETEOR
giberish
RealGM
And1: 5,830

Post#16 » by giberish » Sun Nov 22, 2020 7:19 am

My biggest miss is more of a league-wide trend. I expected the FA market to be very tight this offseason. When teams were making plans for this offseason (last summer and during the season) they expected the cap and tax lines to be several $M higher. With less cap and tax room to be planned for and general financial issues everywhere I really expected that this would be a very team-friendly FA market.

In particular I expected that teams with significant cap space could choose between selling it for a relatively high value or signing team-friendly FA contracts. Instead the only salary dump that brought a 1st in was the Ariza to Det deal and they still had to send back a protected future 1st. And the FA contract values signed have ranged from OK to poor to WTF?!?
shrink
RealGM
And1: 14,429

Post#17 » by shrink » Sun Nov 22, 2020 3:12 pm

I was shocked by the Malik Beasley signing. I thought with his gun/drug/two child endangerment issues, his contract would be far different. At a minimum, I expected Rosas would let Beasley test his worth in free agency and use the RFA rights to match if necessary - not sign him to this contract on Day One. I even thought there was a chance Beasley would be so frustrated with MIN’s offer that he would gamble on himself again, and sign for the QO, to put a year between his next contract and his personal issues that should deflate his value.

Yum yum - pass that crow.
cupcakesnake wrote:I know a lot of people haven't seen him play, but no one is forcing you to make up an opinion and post it.
HartfordWhalers
Senior Mod - 76ers and NBA TnT Forum
Senior Mod - 76ers and NBA TnT Forum
And1: 20,525

Post#18 » by HartfordWhalers » Sun Nov 22, 2020 3:48 pm

I still have Richardson worth more than Curry. Going to eat on a loop I guess?
Texas Chuck

Post#19 » by Texas Chuck » Sun Nov 22, 2020 4:19 pm

HartfordWhalers wrote:I still have Richardson worth more than Curry. Going to eat on a loop I guess?

I have to include this as well.
All things FVV -- I used to kill this guy
Marcus Morris getting 4/$64
Beasley getting a stupid deal
In the immediate aftermath of Jrue plus Bogdan I said Horst did an incredible job. Still love Jrue, but everything since then has been an epic disaster

Will have more to add

edit: I would have laughed and laughed at you if you told me the Mavs would add 4 athletic, defensive-minded wings in one off-season. One would have surprised me honestly.
Stillwater
RealGM
And1: 3,655

Post#20 » by Stillwater » Sun Nov 22, 2020 8:14 pm

Serving up some humble pie is always a holiday favorite
SUNDOWN BRINGS A WELCOME CHANGE TO EVERYTHING THAT'S HIDING

Return to Trades and Transactions