Image ImageImage Image

Finalizing Roster for 20-21

Moderators: HomoSapien, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, fleet, AshyLarrysDiaper, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson

jump
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,409

Re: Finalizing Roster for 20-21 

Post#101 » by jump » Sat Nov 21, 2020 8:06 pm

Fastbrk4brkfast wrote:
ChettheJet wrote:So I'm a bit confused.

Valentine takes the qualifying offer he figures to be there to fill in at the SF SG.
They sign Temple for a year and he figures to be a capable reserve SG behind Lavine and White
So that puts Valentine primarily at the SF,
Does that mean Hutchison is on his way out the door because they have Porter to start, they just drafted Williams and there's Valentine with no need at SG
Or is there a trade for Porter on the horizon so they need 3 guys at the SF?
Or is there a trade for Young coming and Porter takes the minutes behind Markkanen at the PF leaving minutes for 3 SFs off the bench?

A trade moving Young and Sato would be ideal.

It makes total sense to me to keep Valentine. Three things could happen with Otto: 1. He could get hurt. 2. He could get traded at the deadline or before. 3. He could have a terrific season and the Bulls elect to resign him. Of course, #3 is the least likely. If 1 or 2 happen, we will need Valentine. Plus Val is versatile enough to play SG or even PG is limited minutes. As for Hutch or Sato's future? Anything can happen. I wouldn't expect AK to have his mind made up yet, nor are all the possibilities (like trades) apparent before the season starts. Signing Val to a reasonable contract gives maximum flexibility. I think it's a good move.
petebraun0
Senior
And1: 210

Post#102 » by petebraun0 » Sat Nov 21, 2020 10:38 pm

HomoSapien wrote:
C.Carter/Gafford/Felicio add Kornet.
PF.Lauri/Young
SF.Porter/Williams/Hutch
SG.LaVine/Valentine*, Satoransky
PG.White//Arci, add Garrett Temple

Just looking at our roster, the two areas I would target in FA (assuming we're not making any major changes) is a savvy veteran floor general and a reliable big man. Funny enough, Sato and Young were supposed to check both of those boxes, but clearly, we can do significantly better on both fronts.

Looks like we can add Garrett Temple to our guard or pg position. and add Kornet to our C position.

We now have all 15 spots filled. with Devon Dotson on a two way, and Mokoka on a two way, for 17.

Not bad. We can always pick someone up later to replace Mokoka. I like our starting lineup and depth. We go about 8 deep.
qianlong
Starter
And1: 258

Post#103 » by qianlong » Sun Nov 22, 2020 11:59 am

TeamMan wrote:
PrimzyBulls81 wrote:
qianlong wrote:I don’t understand how nobody mentions the SF position. After last season I don’t trust Porter returning to form or being healthy. I don’t trust much Val or Hutch, and even if healthy I do not want to see them as starters unless they magically improved this off season.
Williams will see spot minutes, but I believe we will soon realise that he is a pf only player.

Williams can easily play SF for ten years..

IMO (and this is pure speculation) AK (and more and more other GMs) thought that Williams was a Kawhi Leonard clone.

As I mentioned on draft night, the 1st thing that caught my attention was his 83.8% FT percentage. And that is one of the stats that Leonard (as well as Jimmy Butler) also has.

====
Also of note...

In his interview after the draft, AK kept mentioning Williams' ball handling, and repeating that he'd played PG in HS for 3 years.

He said that it's something that does not show up in the highlight videos, but that Williams has a good handle.

AK also mentioned Williams' big hands (another Leonard feature) also suggesting that he will have no problem handling the BB.

I hope you are both right. I like the pick but i see Williams as a sf as wishful thinking. If he had that kind of talent, i doubt he would be limited to that role in college, even in an experienced team. Even more so I don’t see him lasting to the fourth pick if he had that kind of upside. Let’s hope for the best.
I still like the pick since I believe there were none home run players available and i trust the FO to have the better and most updated view.
Ball don't lie
qianlong
Starter
And1: 258

Post#104 » by qianlong » Sun Nov 22, 2020 12:02 pm

Nate3carp wrote:
qianlong wrote:I don’t understand how nobody mentions the SF position. After last season I don’t trust Porter returning to form or being healthy. I don’t trust much Val or Hutch, and even if healthy I do not want to see them as starters unless they magically improved this off season.
Williams will see spot minutes, but I believe we will soon realise that he is a pf only player.

Was thinking this as well. I don’t think they’d go for it, but I’d call see what it would take to get Ingram from NO in a sign and trade. Porter gives them a vet and matches Ingrams salary. So OPJ and a top 4 protected 2021 pick for Ingram? How much more would they ask for, or is it just a flat no?

Same as you, would love it but I doubt it. I think they are building around zion and ingram, and thats a good core.
Ball don't lie

Return to Chicago Bulls