[Kevin O’Connor] Lakers are still pursuing Bogdan Bogdanovic in a sign-and-trade deal with the Kings

Moderators: ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris

Sactowndog
Kings Forum Mock Draft Champ
And1: 1,706

Re: [Kevin O’Connor] Lakers are still pursuing Bogdan Bogdanovic in a sign-and-trade deal with the Kings 

Post#42 » by Sactowndog » Sat Nov 21, 2020 11:06 pm

LakersSoul wrote:
mademan wrote:KCP is a role player who got hot for a while. If you gotta pay him 15 mill or pay Bogdan the same(ish), it's not even a question. KCP at 15 mill is gonna be a bad contract, and i think everybody knows it. It's not even a discussion, imo. Take bogs everytime, work around the edges using the buy out market

That’s why the Lakers are looking to s&t.

Kuz, McGee + fillers for Bogdan!

I think the Lakers are being played for the Kings to get what they want from Atlanta which I’m guessing is Hunter.
Sactowndog

Re: [Kevin O’Connor] Lakers are still pursuing Bogdan Bogdanovic in a sign-and-trade deal with the Kings 

Post#43 » by Sactowndog » Sat Nov 21, 2020 11:07 pm

LakersSoul wrote:
ThunderBolt wrote:Kings need to match odder sheet for Bogdan and hold on to him until they can get better value.

Kings losing all leverage after Hawks signed Dunn. Lakers might just sign the better defender in KCP all look to flip Kuz for a wing defender.

Again the Kings leverage is he is restricted. Last I checked he is still restricted.
Jagic Mohnson
Pro Prospect
And1: 680

Post#44 » by Jagic Mohnson » Sat Nov 21, 2020 11:12 pm

Sactowndog wrote:
LakersSoul wrote:
mademan wrote:KCP is a role player who got hot for a while. If you gotta pay him 15 mill or pay Bogdan the same(ish), it's not even a question. KCP at 15 mill is gonna be a bad contract, and i think everybody knows it. It's not even a discussion, imo. Take bogs everytime, work around the edges using the buy out market

I think the Lakers are being played for the Kings to get what they want from Atlanta which I’m guessing is Hunter.

Kings would be better off helping the Lakers which will in turn cause the Clippers to implode. The Kings, Grizzlies, Suns, and Pelicans will be fighting for the two playoff spots the Rockets and Thunder will likely fail to occupy. If Clippers implode, that leaves an extra playoff spot to be filled as early as next summer.
Sactowndog

Post#45 » by Sactowndog » Sat Nov 21, 2020 11:15 pm

Jagic Mohnson wrote:
Sactowndog wrote:
LakersSoul wrote:

Kings would be better off helping the Lakers which will in turn cause the Clippers to implode. The Kings, Grizzlies, Suns, and Pelicans will be fighting for the two playoff spots the Rockets and Thunder will likely fail to occupy. If Clippers implode, that leaves an extra playoff spot to be filled as early as next summer.

Nice try.
EArl
RealGM
And1: 13,228

Post#46 » by EArl » Sat Nov 21, 2020 11:15 pm

KingFox wrote:
Vae Victus wrote:And why would KCP want to goto SAC? I mean unless SAC pays him an ungodly amount of money... but why would they do that?

Better question: why in the hell would Sac want him OR Kuzma? Ew

I’d rather let Bogdan walk Tbh

I hope you're wrong, but I get your logic.
Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there wondering, fearing, Doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal ever dared to dream before;
magee
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,398

Post#47 » by magee » Sat Nov 21, 2020 11:16 pm

http://www.espn.com/nba/statistics/rpm/_/page/3/sort/DRPM/position/2

For everyone who may think Bogdanovic is not an upgrade over KCP. It's not even close the impact he would make getting open looks off James and Davis. It outweighs his defensive metrics, where he holds his own as much as defenders can in today's NBA.
Young Stapler
General Manager
And1: 5,954

Post#48 » by Young Stapler » Sat Nov 21, 2020 11:19 pm

I REALLY want KCP back! Please bring him back!!! :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:
Pharmcat
RealGM
And1: 19,005

Post#49 » by Pharmcat » Sat Nov 21, 2020 11:20 pm

magee wrote:http://www.espn.com/nba/statistics/rpm/_/page/3/sort/DRPM/position/2

For everyone who may think Bogdanovic is not an upgrade over KCP. It's not even close the impact he would make getting open looks off James and Davis. It outweighs his defensive metrics, where he holds his own as much as defenders can in today's NBA.

assuming Bogs gets a 4 year deal, are you willing to forgo the chance to be players in 21 free agency for a guy like Bogs?

everything lakers have done so far is with 21 in mind, Im not sure Bogs is the guy to give up that chance for
Bucks4005
Sophomore
And1: 75

Post#50 » by Bucks4005 » Sat Nov 21, 2020 11:21 pm

I don’t see why the Kings would agree to this. Isn’t the reason they’re letting Bogdon go party due to the fact that they already have a big contract in Hield?
jayu70
RealGM
And1: 11,913

Post#51 » by jayu70 » Sat Nov 21, 2020 11:23 pm

Sactowndog wrote:
LakersSoul wrote:

That would be a no from the Hawks.
Blazer1776
Junior
And1: 187

Post#52 » by Blazer1776 » Sat Nov 21, 2020 11:23 pm

Jagic Mohnson wrote:
Sactowndog wrote:
LakersSoul wrote:

You also forgot the Warriors....

Steph, Wiggins, Green, Wiseman, Oubre....that is still a talented roster. Suns and Warriors in.......Grizz, Pelicans, and Kings out unless something crazy happens (like the Clippers dropping out).
BoogieTime
Head Coach
And1: 2,770

Post#53 » by BoogieTime » Sat Nov 21, 2020 11:31 pm

MOSt of the posts on this thread are from the Lakers perspective

The Kings don’t want kcp or kuzma
Karmaloop
General Manager
And1: 1,478

Post#54 » by Karmaloop » Sat Nov 21, 2020 11:31 pm

BoogieTime wrote:MOSt of the posts on this thread are from the Lakers perspective

The Kings don’t want kcp or kuzma

The rumors around the deadline say otherwise...
Karmaloop
General Manager

Post#55 » by Karmaloop » Sat Nov 21, 2020 11:33 pm

KingFox wrote:Better question: why in the hell would Sac want him OR Kuzma? Ew

So...you're telling me you'd rather let Bogie walk for nothing than maybe be able to flip Kuzma at the deadline for an asset or two?
Sactowndog

Post#56 » by Sactowndog » Sat Nov 21, 2020 11:42 pm

Karmaloop wrote:

So...you're telling me you'd rather let Bogie walk for nothing than maybe be able to flip Kuzma at the deadline for an asset or two?

Poor Laker fans they only sign free agents so they don’t get the difference between an unrestricted free agent sign and trade like Hayward and a restricted free agent sign and trade like Bogi.
rpa
RealGM
And1: 7,453

Post#57 » by rpa » Sat Nov 21, 2020 11:43 pm

Karmaloop wrote:

The asset would probably just be evened out by the overpay they'd have to give KCP to agree to be S&Ted to the Kings--who'd himself be a negative asset at that point and probably further hurt Hield's value and Haliburton's development.

Since Bogdan isn't going to take a massive paycut to goto the Lakers there's no way they conceivably match salaries without KCP and since the Kings have no use for KCP a deal can't get done without a 3rd team taking on KCP on a new contract and sending the Kings something of equal value.
Karmaloop
General Manager

Post#58 » by Karmaloop » Sat Nov 21, 2020 11:48 pm

Sactowndog wrote:Poor Laker fans they only sign free agents so they don’t get the difference between an unrestricted free agent sign and trade like Hayward and a restricted free agent sign and trade like Bogi.

I'm not sure talking about fans is the way to go about things but okay. You think it's any coincidence that NO RFA have gotten signed to offer sheets yet? It ties up cap space.
Karmaloop
General Manager

Post#59 » by Karmaloop » Sat Nov 21, 2020 11:49 pm

rpa wrote:The asset would probably just be evened out by the overpay they'd have to give KCP to agree to be S&Ted to the Kings--who'd himself be a negative asset at that point and probably further hurt Hield's value and Haliburton's development.

Since Bogdan isn't going to take a massive paycut to goto the Lakers there's no way they conceivably match salaries without KCP and since the Kings have no use for KCP a deal can't get done without a 3rd team taking on KCP on a new contract and sending the Kings something of equal value.

KCP can be re-routed to a 3rd team, and I'd venture a guess that there's at least a team or two out there it'd make sense for. Not sure KCP wants to go to the Kings anyways.
WuriderX
Junior
And1: 403

Post#60 » by WuriderX » Sat Nov 21, 2020 11:50 pm

No one wants that trash the Lakers are peddling. Bogdan needs to go ahead and sign with my Hawks.

Return to The General Board