Image ImageImage Image

Free Agent Targets

Moderators: HomoSapien, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, AshyLarrysDiaper, fleet, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat

PrimzyBulls81
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,226

Re: Free Agent Targets 

Post#201 » by PrimzyBulls81 » Sat Nov 21, 2020 10:34 pm

sco wrote:
PrimzyBulls81 wrote:Soo only Jeff Teague left among veteran PG out there.. Damn! Slim pickings it is.. Probably PG spot will be upgraded later in the season thru trade.. For now we will watch battle between White, Sato, Archie and Dotson. Eeh...thats poor PG squad,if we wanna compete for playoffs.

Other names I'd be fine with are Dellavedova, Mudiay, Knight, or Reggie Jackson. Plus there are probably trades available.

Maybe Reggie Jackson yeah, 10 ppg, 4 apg last season
GimmeDat
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 16,880

Post#202 » by GimmeDat » Sat Nov 21, 2020 10:41 pm

Honestly, I don't really care for FA this off-season. We don't have any pressing needs. That's why I was fine with the Temple pickup - he's a quality vet.

I'm been cynical of the White/PG situation, but let's run him out there, see how he goes with PG reps and next to Lavine. Sato backing up both back-court spots, Valentine/Temple the 2/3.

At the 3, you have Otto, Hutch and filled out with Val/Temple if needed. Some who are more optimistic on PWill's wing prospects may also slot him in for some minutes there.

At the 4, Lauri, Thad and PWill.

At the 5, WCJ, Gafford, Kornet, and both Lauri and PWill are capable of playing mins there - stacked.

Let's just see how all that plays out. No point bringing in an extra PG.. guys like Teague are just redundant.

If there's a flier upside guy to take on, like a Jontay Porter or Konchar, I'm all for it, but I wouldn't be signing someone with any expectations to contribute to the rotation.
Chi town
RealGM
And1: 6,949

Post#203 » by Chi town » Sat Nov 21, 2020 10:48 pm

GimmeDat wrote:Honestly, I don't really care for FA this off-season. We don't have any pressing needs. That's why I was fine with the Temple pickup - he's a quality vet.

I'm been cynical of the White/PG situation, but let's run him out there, see how he goes with PG reps and next to Lavine. Sato backing up both back-court spots, Valentine/Temple the 2/3.

At the 3, you have Otto, Hutch and filled out with Val/Temple if needed. Some who are more optimistic on PWill's wing prospects may also slot him in for some minutes there.

At the 5, WCJ, Gafford, Kornet, and both Lauri and PWill are capable of playing mins there - stacked.

Let's just see how all that plays out. No point bringing in an extra PG.. guys like Teague are just redundant.

If there's a flier upside guy to take on, like a Jontay Porter or Konchar, I'm all for it, but I wouldn't be signing someone with any expectations to contribute to the rotation.

AK’s #1 Priority is to find out what we have.

The young guys need to play almost all the mins. We sink or swim with them.

Once we know what we got we make moves.
StunnerKO
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,143

Post#204 » by StunnerKO » Sat Nov 21, 2020 10:49 pm

Hmmm

Read on Twitter
?s=21
drosestruts
General Manager
And1: 3,335

Post#205 » by drosestruts » Sat Nov 21, 2020 11:14 pm

StunnerKO wrote:Hmmm

Read on Twitter
?s=21

I feel like AK is probably a fan, and I think he'd bring some energy and hustle on the wing that we currently lack.
TheFinishSniper
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,244

Post#206 » by TheFinishSniper » Sat Nov 21, 2020 11:26 pm

Its not like Bulls have roster spots left too.
aramada
Analyst
And1: 950

Post#207 » by aramada » Sat Nov 21, 2020 11:34 pm

GimmeDat wrote:Honestly, I don't really care for FA this off-season. We don't have any pressing needs. That's why I was fine with the Temple pickup - he's a quality vet.

Also, the trade deadline is about 3 months from now. Even though it feels a little frustrating that they couldn’t find anything else to improve the team right now, they’ll be in a better position to reshape the roster then
Chi town
RealGM

Post#208 » by Chi town » Sat Nov 21, 2020 11:41 pm

aramada wrote:

Also, the trade deadline is about 3 months from now. Even though it feels a little frustrating that they couldn’t find anything else to improve the team right now, they’ll be in a better position to reshape the roster then

That clearly seems to be the plan.

I think we will be competitive and be in that play in tourney for the 7th or 8th seed.
JohnnyTapwater
Analyst
And1: 1,585

Post#209 » by JohnnyTapwater » Sun Nov 22, 2020 12:26 am

We pretty much have to trade someone to add a a piece.

Thad - come on down.
Darius Miles Davis
Veteran
And1: 452

Free Agent Targets 

Post#210 » by Darius Miles Davis » Sun Nov 22, 2020 12:29 am

aramada wrote:

With us drafting Patrick Williams, who most think is really a 4, I think Lauri better show real improvement before the deadline. If not, I could imagine him on the move. I think Phoenix would love Lauri and would have various assets to offer the Bulls. That's just one example of what I imagine could be several interested teams.
"Uh...we've always like ET. ET has big hands. His mother has big hands."
StunnerKO
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,143

Post#211 » by StunnerKO » Sun Nov 22, 2020 12:31 am

TheFinishSniper wrote:Its not like Bulls have roster spots left too.

S&T send em Thad or something
Betta Bulleavit
Head Coach
And1: 2,600

Post#212 » by Betta Bulleavit » Sun Nov 22, 2020 1:07 am

Not sure if this is the place for this. But is it true that we could have upwards of 69M in cap space next year?

If so, I think the play this season is to work on developing WCJ, Coby and Williams. Let Zach do Zach and see if we can get to the playoffs by any means necessary so as to attract big time free agents.
Nate3carp
Senior
And1: 128

Post#213 » by Nate3carp » Sun Nov 22, 2020 1:20 am

Chi town wrote:Go get George Hill from OKC. He's a 2 way vet that doesn't need big mins. Can shoot. On a one year deal at 9M.

Agreed. What do you think it would take to get him?
Chi town
RealGM

Post#214 » by Chi town » Sun Nov 22, 2020 1:23 am

Nate3carp wrote:
Chi town wrote:Go get George Hill from OKC. He's a 2 way vet that doesn't need big mins. Can shoot. On a one year deal at 9M.

OKC has no use for him. I think he will get a buy out and go ring chasing
Nate3carp
Senior
And1: 128

Post#215 » by Nate3carp » Sun Nov 22, 2020 3:01 am

Chi town wrote:
Nate3carp wrote:

Would OKC take either Sato or Felicio + a future 2nd rd pick instead of buying him out?
Chi town
RealGM

Post#216 » by Chi town » Sun Nov 22, 2020 3:09 am

Nate3carp wrote:
Chi town wrote:
Nate3carp wrote:Agreed. What do you think it would take to get him?

Would OKC take either Sato or Felicio + a future 2nd rd pick instead of buying him out?

Maybe a 2nd. I think it’s really about where Hill wants to go. He’s a ring chasing vet. Think Presti will concede.
Red8911
RealGM
And1: 4,193

Post#217 » by Red8911 » Sun Nov 22, 2020 4:58 am

Nate3carp wrote:
Chi town wrote:
Nate3carp wrote:Agreed. What do you think it would take to get him?

George Hill is done he’s really not the same anymore. Sato is better.
TheSuzerain
RealGM
And1: 10,724

Post#218 » by TheSuzerain » Sun Nov 22, 2020 5:03 am

Red8911 wrote:
Nate3carp wrote:
Chi town wrote:

George Hill is done he’s really not the same anymore. Sato is better.

He's definitely not. He led the league in 3pt % last year.

OKC can probably flip him for an asset to a contender.
Chi town
RealGM

Post#219 » by Chi town » Sun Nov 22, 2020 6:28 am

I like the idea of Bulls being ride or die with the you g guys. Start and play Coby 30mpg. Give PW burn. Force us to win with them. Thad and Sato shouldn’t be winning us games.
TheSuzerain
RealGM
And1: 10,724

Post#220 » by TheSuzerain » Sun Nov 22, 2020 10:28 pm

Jontay to the Grizz for 6 million/3 years total.

Absolute failure by the a bulls in FA. Laziness to not upgrade at least Felicio's roster spot.

Even with our little FA money, a solid postseason was very attainable. They messed it up.

Return to Chicago Bulls