Secret Sauce: The Terry Rozier Thread

Moderators: JDR720, Diop, fatlever, yosemiteben, BigSlam

DY_nasty
General Manager
And1: 4,946

Re: Scarence Terrence: The Terry Rozier Thread 

Post#481 » by DY_nasty » Fri Jan 24, 2020 10:49 pm

Chapelchilla wrote:
DY_nasty wrote:his contract is still an overpay no matter how you cut it. and he's lucky he's not coming off the bench tbh

I don't think this statement passes the eye or stat test. Under 20 mill for a young PG with his numbers isn't really expensive these days.

for that kind of money you have guys that move the needle at least a little. rubio, lou will, etc.

rozier's playing his best ball and he's basically just skinny waiters :lol: not that i dislike the guy or anything or have a problem with the contract. but lets be real we threw the bag at him...
Hornet Mania
General Manager
And1: 7,401

Post#482 » by Hornet Mania » Sat Jan 25, 2020 1:00 pm

Rozier is being paid roughly what he's worth this season, but you don't get ahead in cap game by paying starters (not stars) what they're worth so I wouldn't quibble with anyone saying he's 'not a bargain'.

I'm not that bothered by the contract if he keeps up he continues playing at a career best level, it's not like it ruined the rebuild by making us a 35 win team. You have to have at least a few solid vets to keep a team from being an absolute embarrassment every night and Rozier is doing that for the Hornets this year. Other than Rozier, Zeller, Biz and Marv no one else on the roster with 4+yrs of NBA experience deserves to see the floor, and of those names I just listed Rozier is easily the best one.
316Hornets
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,731

Post#483 » by 316Hornets » Sat Jan 25, 2020 8:40 pm

There's a lot of PG needy teams out there. We are fortunate to have gotten Rozier. The best free agent PG this offseason will be Fred Vanvleet. I'd put him on the same level as Rozier.
The Charlotte Hornets will win their first round series against the Boston Celtics in the 2021 Playoffs
predators
Senior
And1: 319

Post#484 » by predators » Wed Jan 29, 2020 5:06 pm

Hornet Mania wrote:Rozier is being paid roughly what he's worth this season, but you don't get ahead in cap game by paying starters (not stars) what they're worth so I wouldn't quibble with anyone saying he's 'not a bargain'.

I'm not that bothered by the contract if he keeps up he continues playing at a career best level, it's not like it ruined the rebuild by making us a 35 win team. You have to have at least a few solid vets to keep a team from being an absolute embarrassment every night and Rozier is doing that for the Hornets this year. Other than Rozier, Zeller, Biz and Marv no one else on the roster with 4+yrs of NBA experience deserves to see the floor, and of those names I just listed Rozier is easily the best one.

FWIW, this is the biggest year of the deal so the value (in theory) will increase over the next two years. He'll be paid 2 million less the final year of the deal. Given the team is D.O.A. this season and next season with the Batum Contract, I thought it was a decent gamble to get a tradeable asset based on how they structured the deal.
Chapelchilla
Bench Warmer
And1: 867

Post#485 » by Chapelchilla » Wed Jan 29, 2020 5:56 pm

predators wrote:
Hornet Mania wrote:Rozier is being paid roughly what he's worth this season, but you don't get ahead in cap game by paying starters (not stars) what they're worth so I wouldn't quibble with anyone saying he's 'not a bargain'.

FWIW, this is the biggest year of the deal so the value (in theory) will increase over the next two years. He'll be paid 2 million less the final year of the deal. Given the team is D.O.A. this season and next season with the Batum Contract, I thought it was a decent gamble to get a tradeable asset based on how they structured the deal.

Agreed, I do not think his contract is a Bargain by any means. It is fair for now. Plus, as you pointed out, it will become even more fair for the Hornets as it gets cheaper each year while Rozier is likely to play as well or slightly better while he starts to benefit from his starting PG experience and comes into his physical prime. This was a lost season in search of a high pick anyway so the slightly higher $ this season is not hurting us any and Rozier has not been a distraction/problem/bad influence in any way as far as i can tell.
BigSlam
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets
And1: 8,358

Post#486 » by BigSlam » Tue Mar 31, 2020 4:36 pm

Pre-trade deadline the Knicks offered:

Julius Randle
Dennis Smith Jr
A future first round pick

For

Terry Rozier
Malik Monk

Seems like we should have bit?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
B B M F 'ers
Hornet Mania
General Manager
And1: 7,401

Post#487 » by Hornet Mania » Tue Mar 31, 2020 6:06 pm

I'd like to see the details on that pick. I'm not a believer in DSJ and and I'd rather have Rozier than Randle (also not a big believer in him) but if the pick was lightly protected (top 3) or converted to unprotected in the next couple of years I probably would have done it.

The endgame with Terry is probably getting flipped for a pick anyway in the best-case now that Graham emerged. But if it was something like a lotto protected 2023 1st, which would then convert to top 10 protected 2024 1st, which would then convert to top 3 protected 2025 1st where it could potentially sit in limbo for the next few years it's not as appealing.

Edit: The Knicks board thinks it could have been the Dallas 1st. If that's the case it's not so great unless you like Randle as much as Rozier.
Vanderbilt_Grad
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,771

Post#488 » by Vanderbilt_Grad » Wed Apr 1, 2020 12:37 am

I like Randle, but he's not as much of a difference maker as Terry. Dallas 1st is meh.

Edit: I should add that I'm not against trading Terry, it's just that it's silly to deal him unless it makes a long term difference.
My picks:
2020 Draft (3rd pick) - Tyrese Haliburton, Devin Vassell, or Onyeka Okongwu
2021 Draft (11th pick) - Moses Moody
yosemiteben
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets
And1: 13,649

Post#489 » by yosemiteben » Sun Nov 22, 2020 12:46 am

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter
Vanderbilt_Grad
Assistant Coach

Post#490 » by Vanderbilt_Grad » Sun Nov 22, 2020 12:51 am

Read on Twitter
My picks:
LofJ
RealGM
And1: 10,519

Post#491 » by LofJ » Sun Nov 22, 2020 12:55 am

Good luck to you wherever you're going T Roz (seriously).
JMAC3
General Manager
And1: 4,162

Post#492 » by JMAC3 » Sun Nov 22, 2020 12:56 am

Seems like Terry is one talking in the video. I could be wrong, but I think he is making a joke.
Big Board
1. Vontae Mack no matter what!!
BigSlam
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets

Post#493 » by BigSlam » Sun Nov 22, 2020 1:08 am

Welllllllllllll, ****!

I only just saw this now (still playing catch up).

I just wondered in the other thread if the Hayward signing could actually be a S&T for Terry and Cody Z!!
B B M F 'ers
JMAC3
General Manager
And1: 4,162

Post#494 » by JMAC3 » Sun Nov 22, 2020 1:21 am

In a day of age where we are getting news the minute somebody says they will sign it is hard to imagine that Terry is already traded, packing his bags and no deal has been announced.

Seems like he is videoing his buddy leaving, because I am pretty sure he is the one behind the camera speaking and not the person with the mask on.

Any chance that is Bacon?
Big Board
1. Vontae Mack no matter what!!
UNCNYC
Assistant Coach
And1: 868

Post#495 » by UNCNYC » Sun Nov 22, 2020 1:27 am

BigSlam wrote:Pre-trade deadline the Knicks offered:

Julius Randle
Dennis Smith Jr

For

Terry Rozier
Malik Monk

Yap.
UPDATED 2-18-2024

These are my top five for who I want with pick #1 in order

BuB Carrington
Ryan Dunn
Dalton Knect
Kevin McCullar
Bobi Klintman
HornetJail
RealGM
And1: 12,538

Post#496 » by HornetJail » Sun Nov 22, 2020 2:54 am

BigSlam wrote:Pre-trade deadline the Knicks offered:

Julius Randle
Dennis Smith Jr

For

Terry Rozier
Malik Monk

assuming the 1st is a Mavs pick, I'd rather have Malik

Rozier for Randle
formerly KEMBAtheMETEOR
Vanderbilt_Grad
Assistant Coach

Post#497 » by Vanderbilt_Grad » Sun Nov 22, 2020 3:02 am

I'm not sure that I want Dennis Smith Jr. anywhere near this team.
My picks:
chabber
Veteran
And1: 826

Post#498 » by chabber » Sun Nov 22, 2020 3:12 am

I don’t get Randle either. Rozier is better than both of those guys. Of course it’d all be about the pick.
BigSlam
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets

Post#499 » by BigSlam » Sun Nov 22, 2020 3:14 am

You guys see that the post that UNCNYC quoted of mine was something I posted from back in March this year and not recently - right?

It was about getting a 1st round pick. I in no way want Randle on this team - especially with PJ and wanting to see what we have with Vern and Nick.
B B M F 'ers
amcoolio
Hornets Forum John Hancock
And1: 9,236

Post#500 » by amcoolio » Sun Nov 22, 2020 3:27 am

That looks like Bacon in that video leaving for ORL, not anything to with Rozier, who is talking and helping him
I don't support domestic violence. Thanks Miles

Return to Charlotte Hornets