Hawks in lead to land Bogdan; Lakers in pursuit

Moderators: ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris

The_Hater
GHOAT (Greatest Hater Of All Time)
And1: 40,048

Re: Hawks in lead to land Bogdan; Lakers in pursuit 

Post#121 » by The_Hater » Sun Nov 22, 2020 1:01 am

Sactowndog wrote:
The_Hater wrote:
Sactowndog wrote:
If a sign and trade yes.

I had Atlanta with about $49 million in cap space before the off season. Including those 3 signings and the Okongwu pick they’ve used about $37.8 million. So they’d have to send about $6.2 million to the Kings to give him that contract at 4 equal years.

Hopefully that math is fairly close. Reddish + Goodwin make about $6.1 combined so that would be really close. They could also start Bog at a smaller salary than $18 million and give him raises.

No inside data but I would expect at 18M the Kings match unless Atlanta gives them a reasonable sign and trade offer. I would guess they would rather dump Snell but Reddish and Goodwin would likely be okay with the Kings playing Reddish at the 3.

Figure they have to give up one of Hunter, Reddish, Huerter to even make it worth the Kings time. Cant Imagine it would be Hunter after they drafted him 4th overall. Bad optics and they obviously like him a lot. Huerter is my favourite of the 3, that’s who I would insist on getting back, and I have very little faith in Reddish myself. Cant guarantee the Kings would even want him.

But Huerter would be a little Bog-lite on a much cheaper contract if they could swing that.
AthensBucks wrote:Lowry is done.
Nurse is below average at best.
Masai is overrated.
I dont get how so many people believe in the raptors,they have zero to chance to win it all.

April 14th, 2019.
The_Hater

Post#122 » by The_Hater » Sun Nov 22, 2020 1:05 am

Buzzard wrote:
Sactowndog wrote:
The_Hater wrote:
I had Atlanta with about $49 million in cap space before the off season. Including those 3 signings and the Okongwu pick they’ve used about $37.8 million. So they’d have to send about $6.2 million to the Kings to give him that contract at 4 equal years.

Hopefully that math is fairly close. Reddish + Goodwin make about $6.1 combined so that would be really close. They could also start Bog at a smaller salary than $18 million and give him raises.

No inside data but I would expect at 18M the Kings match unless Atlanta gives them a reasonable sign and trade offer. I would guess they would rather dump Snell but Reddish and Goodwin would likely be okay with the Kings playing Reddish at the 3.

4 years @ 72 million is what has been floating around the whole time. The Hawks can do that without any help. I can see them sending a fake 2nd and Snell at the most. Or just the fake 2nd and Kings get a healthy TPE.

Kings can match obviously so there is that.

Curious on how you arrived at that cap figure for the Hawks? I have them already spending $38 million in my previous post. What did they start with?
Masai is overrated.
I dont get how so many people believe in the raptors,they have zero to chance to win it all.

April 14th, 2019.
Catchall
RealGM
And1: 10,253

Post#123 » by Catchall » Sun Nov 22, 2020 1:07 am

He's restricted, so the Kings would have to approve a sign-and-trade, or be willing to just let him go.
He/Him, Dude, Bro, Bruh
Buzzard
RealGM
And1: 7,522

Post#124 » by Buzzard » Sun Nov 22, 2020 1:10 am

The_Hater wrote:
Buzzard wrote:
Sactowndog wrote:

4 years @ 72 million is what has been floating around the whole time. The Hawks can do that without any help. I can see them sending a fake 2nd and Snell at the most. Or just the fake 2nd and Kings get a healthy TPE.

Curious on how you arrived at that cap figure for the Hawks? I have them already spending $38 million in my previous post. What did they start with?

By waiting and taking Snell into the room exception it cuts roughly 4.9 million of their cap off the books.
BAF Pacers: Unleash Trae!

PG Ice Trae
SG Buddy Hield/Luke Kennard/Brandin Podziemski
SF OG Anunoby/Terrence Ross/Kris Murray
PF Richaun Holmes/JaMychal Green/Chris Livingston
C KAT/Mark Williams
Buzzard
RealGM

Post#125 » by Buzzard » Sun Nov 22, 2020 1:16 am

Catchall wrote:He's restricted, so the Kings would have to approve a sign-and-trade, or be willing to just let him go.

Yes and that is why the delay. SNT with Lakers looks to have fell through. They let Rondo walk and KCP just agreed to a 3 year 40 million dollar deal. So two players rumored to have been part of that SNT look to be off the table.

I don't know who else is in this bid for his services.

PG Ice Trae
C KAT/Mark Williams
Sactowndog
Kings Forum Mock Draft Champ
And1: 1,711

Post#126 » by Sactowndog » Sun Nov 22, 2020 1:17 am

Buzzard wrote:
Sactowndog wrote:
The_Hater wrote:

My opinion is at that price the Kings would be dumb not to match.
jayu70
RealGM
And1: 11,924

Post#127 » by jayu70 » Sun Nov 22, 2020 1:19 am

The_Hater wrote:
Buzzard wrote:
Sactowndog wrote:

$20 for Gallo, $7 for Rondo, $4.7 for Dunn into Room exception. Approx. $20mil in capspace left
sackings916
Assistant Coach
And1: 618

Post#128 » by sackings916 » Sun Nov 22, 2020 1:19 am

Buzzard wrote:
Catchall wrote:He's restricted, so the Kings would have to approve a sign-and-trade, or be willing to just let him go.

Yes and that is why the delay. SNT with Lakers looks to have fell through. They let Rondo walk and KCP just agreed to a 3 year 40 million dollar deal. So two players rumored to have been part of that SNT look to be off the table.

I don't know who else is in this bid for his services.

Heard it’s between hawks and knicks. Could be a sleeper team no ones talking about too
Buzzard
RealGM

Post#129 » by Buzzard » Sun Nov 22, 2020 1:20 am

Sactowndog wrote:
Buzzard wrote:
Sactowndog wrote:

My opinion is at that price the Kings would be dumb not to match.

I agree its iffy for them not to match. Shooters are at a premium in this market.

PG Ice Trae
C KAT/Mark Williams
Sactowndog

Post#130 » by Sactowndog » Sun Nov 22, 2020 1:20 am

The_Hater wrote:
Sactowndog wrote:
The_Hater wrote:

Figure they have to give up one of Hunter, Reddish, Huerter to even make it worth the Kings time. Cant Imagine it would be Hunter after they drafted him 4th overall. Bad optics and they obviously like him a lot. Huerter is my favourite of the 3, that’s who I would insist on getting back, and I have very little faith in Reddish myself. Cant guarantee the Kings would even want him.

But Huerter would be a little Bog-lite on a much cheaper contract if they could swing that.

Huerter is big enough to play the 3 for the Kings. I would be fine with Huerter.
Catchall
RealGM

Post#131 » by Catchall » Sun Nov 22, 2020 1:24 am

Jazz are rumored to like him. I don't know if they'd be in on this though. Would be cool to play a double-Bogey next to Mitchell. They could slide from the 2/3 to the 3/4.

In the end, it's up to the Kings to accept a trade package, and it's up to Bogdanovic to approve the team.
He/Him, Dude, Bro, Bruh
The_Hater

Post#132 » by The_Hater » Sun Nov 22, 2020 1:29 am

jayu70 wrote:
The_Hater wrote:
Buzzard wrote:4 years @ 72 million is what has been floating around the whole time. The Hawks can do that without any help. I can see them sending a fake 2nd and Snell at the most. Or just the fake 2nd and Kings get a healthy TPE.

$20 for Gallo, $7 for Rondo, $4.7 for Dunn into Room exception. Approx. $20mil in capspace left

I made the mistake of counting $4.85 for Okongku. Thought his salary counted immediately.
Masai is overrated.

April 14th, 2019.
Sactowndog

Post#133 » by Sactowndog » Sun Nov 22, 2020 1:30 am

With the crazy Bogi salary restrictions it not impossible the Hawks sign Bogi to an offer sheet to get him paid, the Kings match and the Kings trade the Hawks Hield for Huerter or Reddish.
Sactowndog

Post#134 » by Sactowndog » Sun Nov 22, 2020 1:36 am

Catchall wrote:Jazz are rumored to like him. I don't know if they'd be in on this though. Would be cool to play a double-Bogey next to Mitchell. They could slide from the 2/3 to the 3/4.

In the end, it's up to the Kings to accept a trade package, and it's up to Bogdanovic to approve the team.

The issue is the Jazz don’t have much for the Kings who really need a 3 they hoped to get in the draft. Atlanta with Huerter, Reddish and Hunter is really the ideal partner for a sign and trade. Assuming they don’t try to get greedy. If they do we match at the rates they are talking about in my opinion.

Shooters are too valuable to loose for free.
Catchall
RealGM

Post#135 » by Catchall » Sun Nov 22, 2020 1:41 am

Sactowndog wrote:
Catchall wrote:Jazz are rumored to like him. I don't know if they'd be in on this though. Would be cool to play a double-Bogey next to Mitchell. They could slide from the 2/3 to the 3/4.

The issue is the Jazz don’t have much for the Kings who really need a 3 they hoped to get in the draft. Atlanta with Huerter, Reddish and Hunter is really the ideal partner for a sign and trade. Assuming they don’t try to get greedy. If they do we match at the rates they are talking about in my opinion.

You've got Fox, Haliburton and Hield on the perimeter. Who is the 3 you were looking for in the draft?
He/Him, Dude, Bro, Bruh
jayu70
RealGM
And1: 11,924

Post#136 » by jayu70 » Sun Nov 22, 2020 1:41 am

Sactowndog wrote:With the crazy Bogi salary restrictions it not impossible the Hawks sign Bogi to an offer sheet to get him paid, the Kings match and the Kings trade the Hawks Hield for Huerter or Reddish.

What's the salary restriction?
Buzzard
RealGM

Post#137 » by Buzzard » Sun Nov 22, 2020 1:43 am

Sactowndog wrote:With the crazy Bogi salary restrictions it not impossible the Hawks sign Bogi to an offer sheet to get him paid, the Kings match and the Kings trade the Hawks Hield for Huerter or Reddish.

I think this is at a stalemate. Very similar to Boston/Indy/Hayward. If the Hawks were willing to offer up something the Kings like, I think this would be done. Instead the Kings tried to find a trade with the Lakers and some combination of KCP/Rondo/Kuzma.

PG Ice Trae
C KAT/Mark Williams
Buzzard
RealGM

Post#138 » by Buzzard » Sun Nov 22, 2020 1:51 am

jayu70 wrote:

I don't really know the details. It sounds like the Kings can only offer him so much. They need a team to make a better offer that they can match.

PG Ice Trae
C KAT/Mark Williams
Sactowndog

Post#139 » by Sactowndog » Sun Nov 22, 2020 1:52 am

Catchall wrote:
Sactowndog wrote:

You've got Fox, Haliburton and Hield on the perimeter. Who is the 3 you were looking for in the draft?

I think they were hoping Vassell would fall and were surprised when Haliburton fell. Dante fit well in that model but with Haliburton they still need a 3. We have extra 2’s and Atlanta extra 3’s.
Sactowndog

Post#140 » by Sactowndog » Sun Nov 22, 2020 1:55 am

Buzzard wrote:
jayu70 wrote:

I don't really know the details. It sounds like the Kings can only offer him so much. They need a team to make a better offer that they can match.

Yeah the Kings signed him off the Rookie scale so the max they could offer was around 10M but they could match a larger offer. So for Bogie to get paid he has to get an offer. It’s a strange situation.

Return to The General Board