Post#101 » by edmunder_prc » Sat Nov 21, 2020 11:37 pm

EDIT to add Musa

Plumlee, Stewart, Okafor, Bradley
Blake, Grant, Sekou
Bey, Svi, Musa
Josh Jackson, McGruder
Hayes, Rose, Wright

So that is 15 right there.

Still have a few odds and ends: Saben Lee, Hands from the Nets, That Euro stash.

I think King is still on the roster though. I dont think the Pistons cut him yet. So that happens once all this becomes legal and occurs.
BJK1
Senior
And1: 333

Re: Current roster 

Post#102 » by BJK1 » Sat Nov 21, 2020 11:39 pm

edmunder_prc wrote:Plumlee, Stewart, Okafor, Bradley
Blake, Grant, Sekou
Bey, Svi
Josh Jackson, McGruder
Hayes, Rose, Wright

So that is 14 on the roster? If McGruder is still there.

Leaves room for Saben Lee, Hands, That Euro stash.

Oh, King is still on the roster too? Right? Is that the 15th?

And Musa?
The Moose
General Manager
And1: 5,116

Post#103 » by The Moose » Sun Nov 22, 2020 12:07 am

Read on Twitter

The way our beat writers try to spin is just pathetic.

This is exactly the same direction we’ve had for 10 years
edmunder_prc
Sixth Man
And1: 813

Post#104 » by edmunder_prc » Sun Nov 22, 2020 12:11 am

The Moose wrote:
Read on Twitter

Yeah Pistons have some of the worst beat writers.

Sports journalists are bad these days. Not making any money, desperate to keep their job, have to suck up everywhere.

Then you need access. If you start saying anything bad for a long time, they can cut you out and stop talking to you.
The Moose
General Manager

Post#105 » by The Moose » Sun Nov 22, 2020 12:15 am

edmunder_prc wrote:
The Moose wrote:
Read on Twitter

Yeah Pistons have some of the worst beat writers.

Sports journalists are bad these days. Not making any money, desperate to keep their job, have to suck up everywhere.

Then you need access. If you start saying anything bad for a long time, they can cut you out and stop talking to you.

I’ve just come to terms with the fact that as long as

a) Gores is the owner
b) Blake is on the roster

This is the direction we will be going, expect now with the play off tournament we will be fighting to be the 10th seed
thesack12
RealGM
And1: 2,225

Post#106 » by thesack12 » Sun Nov 22, 2020 12:22 am

The Moose wrote:
Read on Twitter

I love the Hayes pick
I really like the Bey pick
I'm indifferent on the Stewart pick

But how can that trio currently qualify as a "nice young core?" They have participated in literally zero organized NBA basketball functions. And none of them are can't miss blue chip prospects.

Its also interesting to me that Sekou was conspicuously omitted from that "nice young core."
mattao313
General Manager
And1: 4,409

Post#107 » by mattao313 » Sun Nov 22, 2020 12:29 am

The Moose wrote:
Read on Twitter

To be honest I dont see the direction the team is all over the place.
Championships
Snakebites
Forum Mod - Pistons
Forum Mod - Pistons
And1: 14,761

Post#108 » by Snakebites » Sun Nov 22, 2020 12:34 am

I'm looking at our roster and it's hard to visualize us being much better than last year.

Blake isn't going to bring much at this stage in his career, if he plays at all. I still think Rose likely isn't on our roster opening day.

It really is a puzzler. The free agency moves suggest we're trying to win now, while the draft signaled a full-on rebuild. I really don't freaking get it. And I want to "get" what the Pistons are doing for once.
The Moose
General Manager

Post#109 » by The Moose » Sun Nov 22, 2020 12:39 am

Snakebites wrote:I'm looking at our roster and it's hard to visualize us being much better than last year.

Blake isn't going to bring much at this stage in his career, if he plays at all. I still think Rose likely isn't on our roster opening day.

Also, a few of the teams who finished below us or around us last year have gotten a lot better.

Hawks adding Gallinari, Rondo, Okungwu

Warriors adding Steph, Oubre, Wiseman

T-wolves added Dlo midseason, Rubio, Edwards

Hornets added Hayward and Lamelo

I presume Cavs will still be worse than us, probably the Knicks and the Bulls maybe the Wizards or the Thunder. Outside of that we are near the bottom
BJK1
Senior
And1: 333

Post#110 » by BJK1 » Sun Nov 22, 2020 12:48 am

The Moose wrote:
Snakebites wrote:I'm looking at our roster and it's hard to visualize us being much better than last year.

Also, a few of the teams who finished below us or around us last year have gotten a lot better.

Hawks adding Gallinari, Rondo, Okungwu

Warriors adding Steph, Oubre, Wiseman

T-wolves added Dlo midseason, Rubio, Edwards

Hornets added Hayward and Lamelo

I presume Cavs will still be worse than us, probably the Knicks and the Bulls maybe the Wizards or the Thunder. Outside of that we are near the bottom

The Bulls will be better than last year under Billy Donovan. The Knicks should better in their first year under Thibs, but he may still be limited by their personnel. How things go with the Wiz depends on what direction things go with Wall. Is he staying or going? If he’s going, who are they getting back? Russ? I think the Cavs will continue to be bad.

By design, the Thunder should be the worst team in the NBA next season.
mike06181
Freshman
And1: 41

Post#111 » by mike06181 » Sun Nov 22, 2020 1:02 am

This is not a playoff roster which is good for the rebuild. They will work harder and professionally which is good.
Rose and blake will not be on team after trade deadline. Lets hope they bring 2021 picks from healthy seasons.
In the time being they can mentor the rookies and theres plenty of vets for the rookies to learn from.

Its not the end of the world guys. Some might remember the sign and trade of grant hill and that we got a undersized point guard and a short center who couldn’t shoot in that trade as throw ins. And then a former high pick who was on his third team and those became the going to work core. Thise moves were highly criticized at the time. We were giving grant hill away for scrubs etc...
ChipButty
Senior
And1: 89

Post#112 » by ChipButty » Sun Nov 22, 2020 1:16 am

It's like Weaver took the worst moves that Dumars and SVG ever made, and did them all in a week. Let's use all our cap space and trade away draft picks to build an unbalanced, borderline playoff team based around oft-injured aging vets that buries young players on the depth chart. Oh and let's trade for a stretch 5, so that we can use the stretch provision and have Dedmoney on the roster for the next 5 years. Unbelievable.
ChipButty
Senior
And1: 89

Post#113 » by ChipButty » Sun Nov 22, 2020 1:38 am

thesack12 wrote:
The Moose wrote:
Read on Twitter

I love the Hayes pick

But how can that trio currently qualify as a "nice young core?" They have participated in literally zero organized NBA basketball functions. And none of them are can't miss blue chip prospects.

Its also interesting to me that Sekou was conspicuously omitted from that "nice young core."

I'd feel a whole lot better about our "nice young core" if we still had Kennard and Bruce Brown on the team. The way Weaver just threw them to the side of the road was cold. Both young potential play makers, something we no longer have at SG. I'm getting Middleton/Dinwiddie vibes all over again.

And yes, I'm kind of surprised that Sekou wasn't traded, although I'm not sure what kind of market there would be for him. I guess there is still time. I don't think any of the recent moves, except for maybe drafting Hayes, is going to help him take a much needed next step.
DNice68
Rookie
And1: 376

Post#114 » by DNice68 » Sun Nov 22, 2020 2:13 am

ChipButty wrote:
thesack12 wrote:
The Moose wrote:
Read on Twitter

I love the Hayes pick

I'd feel a whole lot better about our "nice young core" if we still had Kennard and Bruce Brown on the team. The way Weaver just threw them to the side of the road was cold. Both young potential play makers, something we no longer have at SG. I'm getting Middleton/Dinwiddie vibes all over again.

And yes, I'm kind of surprised that Sekou wasn't traded, although I'm not sure what kind of market there would be for him. I guess there is still time. I don't think any of the recent moves, except for maybe drafting Hayes, is going to help him take a much needed next step.

If you think we were on the rise with Kennard and Brown and need to trade Sekou, you are delusional. I don't like all of what Weaver did, but please!
Pharaoh
RealGM
And1: 4,565

Post#115 » by Pharaoh » Sun Nov 22, 2020 2:22 am

It really is a puzzler. The free agency moves suggest we're trying to win now, while the draft signaled a full-on rebuild. I really don't freaking get it. And I want to "get" what the Pistons are doing for once.
Other than Grant our moves in free agency are like the draft all over again:

Okafor, Wright, Jackson and Bradley are all young and essentially unknowns.

Plumlee is merely a placeholder at C.

Fail to see why so many are puzzled or upset by what Weaver has done in a few days!

He set the dumpster on fire and burnt most of the roster at very little actual cost to the real future

Sent from my SM-A520F using RealGM mobile app
Kilo
RealGM
And1: 5,101

Post#116 » by Kilo » Sun Nov 22, 2020 2:30 am

I don't think McGruder or Bradley will be on the opening night roster.
Weaver = Hinkie
VW to Portland :pray:
BadMofoPimp
RealGM
And1: 11,593

Post#117 » by BadMofoPimp » Sun Nov 22, 2020 2:43 am

Damn. Pistons really missed out on Noel and a chance of another center?!?!?

Provin Ya'll Wrong!!!
Snakebites
Forum Mod - Pistons
Forum Mod - Pistons
And1: 14,761

Post#118 » by Snakebites » Sun Nov 22, 2020 3:24 am

BadMofoPimp wrote:Damn. Pistons really missed out on Noel and a chance of another center?!?!?

Woulda been a way better deal than Plumlee...
remi_222
Pro Prospect
And1: 636

Post#119 » by remi_222 » Sun Nov 22, 2020 5:04 am

How do you see Sekou now in the roster ? i feel that last season he was just thrown as a halleluia, and just worked 2 weeks. Having Hayes on the team is just what he needed, the chemistry is there, but a few questions are def pending :
will Sekou play 3 or 4 ?
what is his role ?
Towards which type of player he should work to be ?
How Casey will treat him after being on his back all second half of last season ?
vege
RealGM
And1: 4,255

Post#120 » by vege » Sun Nov 22, 2020 5:29 am

remi_222 wrote:How do you see Sekou now in the roster ? i feel that last season he was just thrown as a halleluia, and just worked 2 weeks. Having Hayes on the team is just what he needed, the chemistry is there, but a few questions are def pending :
will Sekou play 3 or 4 ?
what is his role ?
Towards which type of player he should work to be ?
How Casey will treat him after being on his back all second half of last season ?

Last season Casey said Sekou had no passion for the game, so I don't expect much from him, people around here think he is the next LeBron tho.

He can play both 3 or 4 but I see him more as a 4.

Return to Detroit Pistons