Heard Raptors were interested in Giles. Maybe they get him and Lakers get Gasol
Fadeaway_J
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 6,726

Re: The Lebron Thread | 2021 & Offseason 

Post#822 » by Fadeaway_J » Sun Nov 22, 2020 1:44 am

MisterHibachi wrote:
Heej wrote:If Rob Pelinka actually read the room right on the Harrell deal he could very well be the best GM LeBron's worked under. Pat still got it for now, but Miami made some seriously questionable decisions throughout his time there.

The willingness to take risks, inject productive young players, and revamp so much of the roster after a title already sets him apart from all the other LeBron GMs. We'll see after this season whether that's in a good or bad way.

I like his thinking so far, even if I didn't agree with the Harrell signing. I'm of the opinion that the Lakers needed to try and alleviate LeBron's offensive burden, especially in this compressed regular season. Schröder is a clear upgrade on Rondo, and you'd think he and Harrell could form the basis of a very potent second unit (unless they plan to start Schröder). Dwight leaving is irritating, but backup 5s aren't exactly impossible to find.
MisterHibachi
RealGM
And1: 19,073

Post#823 » by MisterHibachi » Sun Nov 22, 2020 1:45 am

If Craig can be had for the minimum that's a steal.

Wes/KCP/Caruso/Schroeder is a really good guard rotation, with THT for some development minutes. Just need Kieff back and a big man to replicate the Dwight role now.

Top 8 of LeBron, AD, Dennis, KCP, Caruso, Wes, Harrell, Kuz is a really good group.
"He looked like Batman coming out of nowhere"
MyUniBroDavis
General Manager
And1: 4,844

Post#824 » by MyUniBroDavis » Sun Nov 22, 2020 2:05 am

Heej wrote:If Rob Pelinka actually read the room right on the Harrell deal he could very well be the best GM LeBron's worked under. Pat still got it for now, but Miami made some seriously questionable decisions throughout his time there.

Theres more to signing players than just looking at their stats, even film, in terms of interviews and stuff beneath the surface robs gotten pretty much everything right the year below.

Im gonna give him the benifit of the doubt
iggymcfrack wrote: I have Bird #19 and Kobe #20 on my all-time list and both guys will probably get passed by Jokic by the end of this season.

^^^^ posted January 8 2023 :banghead: :banghead:
Dupp
RealGM
And1: 66,677

Post#825 » by Dupp » Sun Nov 22, 2020 2:27 am

Feel good about the Lakers off season now that kcp is official. Good contract for both parties, well deserved for kcp.

With all the contracts being thrown around like it’s 2016 the Lakers have gotten some really solid deals
nzahir
RealGM
And1: 4,612

Post#826 » by nzahir » Sun Nov 22, 2020 2:57 am

Great job bringing KCP back, but what happened to 2021 and even 2022 FA? Are we punting, or assuming we can move off a deal if need be?

So we fixed the missing shot creator issue, but created an issue with losing our defensive big

Still no long perimeter wing defender, unless we are slotting Kuzma there

And still no elite shooter

Marc or Baynes could solve the big issue

Korver could help the shooting issue, but can't be played too much come playoff time

KCP, Wes, Bron, AD, ?
Schroeder, AC, THT?, Kuzma, Trez
Vet mins, Mcgee
MyUniBroDavis
General Manager
And1: 4,844

Post#827 » by MyUniBroDavis » Sun Nov 22, 2020 3:10 am

nzahir wrote:Great job bringing KCP back, but what happened to 2021 and even 2022 FA? Are we punting, or assuming we can move off a deal if need be?

So we fixed the missing shot creator issue, but created an issue with losing our defensive big

Korver could help the shooting issue, but can't be played too much come playoff time

KCP, Wes, Bron, AD, ?
Vet mins, Mcgee

Matthews is a good wing defender

I really do feel trez will be better on D, just a gut feeling.

I dont agree shooting is an issue assuming schroders shooting was fine.

Ac, Kuz, and Trez are the only not good shooters on the twam that are getting minutes in the playoffs. Tucker is a unknown in both fronts if hes getting minutes and if he can shoot. Kuz might get a jumper too tbf

Its better to have 5 kcps than 1 steph curry and 4 ben simmons for spacing
iggymcfrack wrote: I have Bird #19 and Kobe #20 on my all-time list and both guys will probably get passed by Jokic by the end of this season.

^^^^ posted January 8 2023 :banghead: :banghead:
nzahir
RealGM

Post#828 » by nzahir » Sun Nov 22, 2020 3:35 am

MyUniBroDavis wrote:
nzahir wrote:Great job bringing KCP back, but what happened to 2021 and even 2022 FA? Are we punting, or assuming we can move off a deal if need be?

KCP, Wes, Bron, AD, ?
Vet mins, Mcgee

Matthews is a good wing defender

I really do feel trez will be better on D, just a gut feeling.

I dont agree shooting is an issue assuming schroders shooting was fine.

Ac, Kuz, and Trez are the only not good shooters on the twam that are getting minutes in the playoffs. Tucker is a unknown in both fronts if hes getting minutes and if he can shoot. Kuz might get a jumper too tbf

Its better to have 5 kcps than 1 steph curry and 4 ben simmons for spacing

Wes is good, but 6'4/6'5, not very long

Shooting is still an issue imo

Schoreder is better than Rondo, but DG is (or at least) should be better than Wes

A stretch big like Baynes or Gasol would help a lot

Korver would be great

Do we think Kuzma is safe? The guy is now the 4th or 5th option on offense...
LikeABosh
RealGM
And1: 8,632

Post#829 » by LikeABosh » Sun Nov 22, 2020 4:00 am

KCP is actually the only guaranteed contract the next 2 years. It wouldn't be difficult to unload him since he's at a decent price

Harrell has a player option, but I'm sure he'll command more money. That would also be an easy contract to trade anyways

So, I think Rob played this beautifully. Went all in to repeat while also leaving the door wide open for improvements in free agency
dreamshake
Starter
And1: 2,449

Post#830 » by dreamshake » Sun Nov 22, 2020 4:10 am

KCP, Wes, Bron, AD, ?
Vet mins, Mcgee

Hard no on Korver for me. Dude will be 40 years old by the time the playoffs start. Just too old and slow at this point - yeah, he can still shoot but its not worth it. I'd much rather give whatever minutes he'd get to THT.

Every other team out there has flaws too - there's no SuperWarriors anymore - I think you're getting too caught up in nitpicking. The only thing I think they really NEED at this point is a big body - Gasol or Baynes would be a luxury, but it could even be somebody worse (not sure who's still out there). Another serviceable wing would be great too, but not essential.
MisterHibachi
RealGM
And1: 19,073

Post#831 » by MisterHibachi » Sun Nov 22, 2020 4:34 am

Clippers getting Ibaka for the same price Lakers got Harrell is really annoying. How did Ibaka end up being this cheap.
"He looked like Batman coming out of nowhere"
Heej
General Manager
And1: 8,410

Post#832 » by Heej » Sun Nov 22, 2020 4:43 am

Lol people said ibaka at that price point was a pipe dream when I complained about Harrell...

He would've been the ultimate pickup for the MLE lol
LeBron's NBA Cup MVP is more valuable than either of KD's Finals MVPs. This is the word of the Lord
LikeABosh
RealGM

Post#833 » by LikeABosh » Sun Nov 22, 2020 4:48 am

MisterHibachi wrote:Clippers getting Ibaka for the same price Lakers got Harrell is really annoying. How did Ibaka end up being this cheap.

Kawhi buddies with Serge. LeBron buddies with Harrell

All you need to know
The Master
Pro Prospect
And1: 1,493

Post#834 » by The Master » Sun Nov 22, 2020 4:48 am

I like this offseason so far, if Lakers are able to sign decent center for minimum (Marc?), they have pretty stacked rotation (Kuzma and McGee as 9-10 guys), assets to move if roster upgrade will be needed (Harrell + Kuzma for 3&D wing?), improved bench (Schroder, Caruso and Harrell is huuuge in comparison to last year) and some potential suprise (THT) in the back.

That being said, Ibaka is a better fit for the same money, and if Clippers steal Marc as well (mini-Raptors reunion?), and Lakers don't sign anyone impactful for vet min, I don't think this offseason is anything better than 'okay'.
nzahir
RealGM

Post#835 » by nzahir » Sun Nov 22, 2020 4:52 am

Heej wrote:Lol people said ibaka at that price point was a pipe dream when I complained about Harrell...

He would've been the ultimate pickup for the MLE lol

Smh this is rough

Ibaka would have been perfect or Gasol

Wth was Rob thinking with this? Unless Ibaka wanted to be with one of his old teammates (Kawhi or KD).
I never really understood the nets as much considering they have DJ (close friends with KD and Kyrie) and Allen

Clips somehow got better right?

Beverly, PG, Kawhi, Morris, Zubac
Lou, Kennard, ?, Patterson, Ibaka

Swapped Shamet for Kennard, upgrade
Swapped Trez for Ibaka, upgrade

Lost Green
Maybe lose Reggie?
dreamshake
Starter

Post#836 » by dreamshake » Sun Nov 22, 2020 4:53 am

dreamshake wrote:I'm not sure how to feel about Trez signing. Initially I hated it - maybe I still do. I think it will depend on how the rest of free agency goes. Like if they passed on Ibaka, I'd hate it. If they passed on Tristan Thompson I'm ok with it.

UPDATE: I hate it.
Fadeaway_J
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 6,726

Post#837 » by Fadeaway_J » Sun Nov 22, 2020 4:59 am

I would hope the Ibaka thing is down to his relationship with Kawhi or something, otherwise it's quite puzzling to go for Harrell at the exact same price. :-?
dreamshake
Starter

Post#838 » by dreamshake » Sun Nov 22, 2020 5:01 am

nzahir wrote:Swapped Shamet for Kennard, upgrade

Jury's still out on this one. I think Shamet has more untapped potential than Kennard. We'll see if he can unlock it or not though. Also Kennard has knee tendonitis issues that may or may not be a problem. Could turn out to be great for them or could look really bad if Shamet levels up and Kennard can't stay healthy.
LikeABosh
RealGM

Post#839 » by LikeABosh » Sun Nov 22, 2020 5:06 am

nzahir wrote:Clips somehow got better right?

On paper they're about the same, but if they fix the chemistry issues by Harrell and Doc leaving then yeah, they're better.

Lakers improved by a lot though. I think they only downgraded against certain match ups like Denver or Philly (superstar big men)
nzahir
RealGM

Post#840 » by nzahir » Sun Nov 22, 2020 5:07 am

LikeABosh wrote:
MisterHibachi wrote:Clippers getting Ibaka for the same price Lakers got Harrell is really annoying. How did Ibaka end up being this cheap.

Kawhi buddies with Serge. LeBron buddies with Harrell

All you need to know

Also true, for all we know Ibaka wanted to play with Kawhi or KD

I would hope Rob isn't that dumb and he has been making some solid moves

I feel like Marc will end up back in Toronto, but I wish we could steal him away

If not, what other options for a true big who can also stretch the floor? Dedmon and Baynes?

Return to Player Comparisons