Hawks in lead to land Bogdan; Lakers in pursuit

Moderators: Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake

sackings916
Assistant Coach
And1: 603

Re: Hawks in lead to land Bogdan; Lakers in pursuit 

Post#141 » by sackings916 » Sun Nov 22, 2020 1:56 am

Sactowndog wrote:
Catchall wrote:
Sactowndog wrote:
The issue is the Jazz don’t have much for the Kings who really need a 3 they hoped to get in the draft. Atlanta with Huerter, Reddish and Hunter is really the ideal partner for a sign and trade. Assuming they don’t try to get greedy. If they do we match at the rates they are talking about in my opinion.

Shooters are too valuable to loose for free.

You've got Fox, Haliburton and Hield on the perimeter. Who is the 3 you were looking for in the draft?

I think they were hoping Vassell would fall and were surprised when Haliburton fell. Dante fit well in that model but with Haliburton they still need a 3. We have extra 2’s and Atlanta extra 3’s.

Can’t see ATL giving up Hunter who they just drafted 4th in 2019 coming off a solid rookie season for Bogi in a S&T, same with Reddish who they seem to like and came on strong at the end of last year.
Sactowndog
Kings Forum Mock Draft Champ
And1: 1,706

Post#142 » by Sactowndog » Sun Nov 22, 2020 2:00 am

Buzzard wrote:
Sactowndog wrote:With the crazy Bogi salary restrictions it not impossible the Hawks sign Bogi to an offer sheet to get him paid, the Kings match and the Kings trade the Hawks Hield for Huerter or Reddish.

I think this is at a stalemate. Very similar to Boston/Indy/Hayward. If the Hawks were willing to offer up something the Kings like, I think this would be done. Instead the Kings tried to find a trade with the Lakers and some combination of KCP/Rondo/Kuzma.

Perhaps. The Kings and Hawks may have a deal contingent on Bogi agreeing. They may want to do this deal last so they can bring in others. We shall see.

I think Atlanta will have problems finding time for Collins, Gallo, Reddish, Hunter, Huerter, and Bogi at the 2-3-4. Not to mention any time for Dunn or Okongyu at the 2-4. So I think there is a win-win deal to be had for everyone.
Sactowndog

Post#143 » by Sactowndog » Sun Nov 22, 2020 2:02 am

sackings916 wrote:
Sactowndog wrote:
Catchall wrote:
You've got Fox, Haliburton and Hield on the perimeter. Who is the 3 you were looking for in the draft?

I think they were hoping Vassell would fall and were surprised when Haliburton fell. Dante fit well in that model but with Haliburton they still need a 3. We have extra 2’s and Atlanta extra 3’s.

Can’t see ATL giving up Hunter who they just drafted 4th in 2019 coming off a solid rookie season for Bogi in a S&T, same with Reddish who they seem to like and came on strong at the end of last year.

They also like Huerter. Just not enough room for all 3. They aren’t going to get more valuable sitting on the Hawks bench.
Ball4life32
Veteran
And1: 2,454

Post#144 » by Ball4life32 » Sun Nov 22, 2020 2:03 am

sackings916 wrote:
Sactowndog wrote:
Catchall wrote:

Yeah Reddish is the one the Hawks are apparently the highest on.

He got off to a terrible start but he was at 14.6 ppg on 60 TS% in his last 20 games (42% on 3 on over 5+ attempts) & 17 ppg on 62 TS% after the all star break before the shutdown not to mention they love his potential on D. Can’t see them watching him finish that way & then trading him.
Buzzard
RealGM
And1: 7,522

Post#145 » by Buzzard » Sun Nov 22, 2020 2:05 am

Sactowndog wrote:
Buzzard wrote:
Sactowndog wrote:With the crazy Bogi salary restrictions it not impossible the Hawks sign Bogi to an offer sheet to get him paid, the Kings match and the Kings trade the Hawks Hield for Huerter or Reddish.

I think this is at a stalemate. Very similar to Boston/Indy/Hayward. If the Hawks were willing to offer up something the Kings like, I think this would be done. Instead the Kings tried to find a trade with the Lakers and some combination of KCP/Rondo/Kuzma.

Perhaps. The Kings and Hawks may have a deal contingent on Bogi agreeing. They may want to do this deal last so they can bring in others. We shall see.

I think Atlanta will have problems finding time for Collins, Gallo, Reddish, Hunter, Huerter, and Bogi at the 2-3-4. Not to mention any time for Dunn or Okongyu at the 2-4. So I think there is a win-win deal to be had for everyone.

Okongwu is a center who has the skill to guard out on the perimeter. He is a long ways off from playing out on the perimeter on the offensive end. Think hybrid like JJJ or Draymond without the 3PT shot or Dray's passing.
BAF Pacers: Unleash Trae!

PG Ice Trae
SG Buddy Hield/Luke Kennard/Brandin Podziemski
SF OG Anunoby/Terrence Ross/Kris Murray
PF Richaun Holmes/JaMychal Green/Chris Livingston
C KAT/Mark Williams
Sactowndog

Post#146 » by Sactowndog » Sun Nov 22, 2020 2:06 am

The reason I suspect some sign and trade maybe in the works is the Kings renounced rights to Giles to clear space and have made zero signings. It would seem they are saving roster spots for something.
Sactowndog

Post#147 » by Sactowndog » Sun Nov 22, 2020 2:08 am

Buzzard wrote:
Sactowndog wrote:
Buzzard wrote:I think this is at a stalemate. Very similar to Boston/Indy/Hayward. If the Hawks were willing to offer up something the Kings like, I think this would be done. Instead the Kings tried to find a trade with the Lakers and some combination of KCP/Rondo/Kuzma.

Okongwu is a center who has the skill to guard out on the perimeter. He is a long ways off from playing out on the perimeter on the offensive end. Think hybrid like JJJ or Draymond without the 3PT shot or Dray's passing.

I agree. But my point still stands with the 6 guys in 3 spots. Someone is getting limited to no minutes. Most coaches don’t go much deeper than 9 guys.
LakersSoul
Head Coach
And1: 4,486

Post#148 » by LakersSoul » Sun Nov 22, 2020 2:10 am

Looks like both ATL and Lakers moving past Bogdan. Sac might have over-played this hand and now have a player that they wanted to deal away sign a 1 year deal as a RFA.

"Westy, LeBron + AD to rule the West.
Return of the King, the Lakers."
SacKingZZZ
RealGM
And1: 1,082

Post#149 » by SacKingZZZ » Sun Nov 22, 2020 2:11 am

Sactowndog wrote:
Buzzard wrote:
Sactowndog wrote:
No inside data but I would expect at 18M the Kings match unless Atlanta gives them a reasonable sign and trade offer. I would guess they would rather dump Snell but Reddish and Goodwin would likely be okay with the Kings playing Reddish at the 3.

4 years @ 72 million is what has been floating around the whole time. The Hawks can do that without any help. I can see them sending a fake 2nd and Snell at the most. Or just the fake 2nd and Kings get a healthy TPE.

Kings can match obviously so there is that.

My opinion is at that price the Kings would be dumb not to match.

They just tried to send him away to the Bucks for less.
SacKingZZZ
RealGM

Post#150 » by SacKingZZZ » Sun Nov 22, 2020 2:13 am

Buzzard wrote:
Sactowndog wrote:
Buzzard wrote:I think this is at a stalemate. Very similar to Boston/Indy/Hayward. If the Hawks were willing to offer up something the Kings like, I think this would be done. Instead the Kings tried to find a trade with the Lakers and some combination of KCP/Rondo/Kuzma.

Okongwu is Julius Randle basically.
raleigh
Head Coach
And1: 503

Post#151 » by raleigh » Sun Nov 22, 2020 2:16 am

SacKingZZZ wrote:They just tried to send him away to the Bucks for less.

Yep, and even if you account for the Kings getting Donte back, it's a bit of a tell...
Sactowndog

Post#152 » by Sactowndog » Sun Nov 22, 2020 2:17 am

LakersSoul wrote:Looks like both ATL and Lakers moving past Bogdan. Sac might have over-played this hand and now have a player that they wanted to deal away sign a 1 year deal as a RFA.

Seen nothing that says Atlanta has moved on. Do you have a basis for that claim?
Sactowndog

Post#153 » by Sactowndog » Sun Nov 22, 2020 2:18 am

raleigh wrote:

Yep, and even if you account for the Kings getting Donte back, it's a bit of a tell...

According to Amick the original deal was Dante and a first. Which before drafting Haliburton was fine.
SacKingZZZ
RealGM

Post#154 » by SacKingZZZ » Sun Nov 22, 2020 2:22 am

Sactowndog wrote:
raleigh wrote:

According to Amick the original deal was Dante and a first. Which before drafting Haliburton was fine.

But it clearly didn't kill the deal. What killed it is somebody spilled the beans and Bogdan thought he was being underpaid.
LakersSoul
Head Coach
And1: 4,486

Post#155 » by LakersSoul » Sun Nov 22, 2020 2:22 am

Sactowndog wrote:
LakersSoul wrote:Looks like both ATL and Lakers moving past Bogdan. Sac might have over-played this hand and now have a player that they wanted to deal away sign a 1 year deal as a RFA.

Seen nothing that says Atlanta has moved on. Do you have a basis for that claim?

They signed Dunn to a two year deal. And they are not trading a young stud like Huerter.

"Westy, LeBron + AD to rule the West.
Return of the King, the Lakers."
sackings916
Assistant Coach
And1: 603

Post#156 » by sackings916 » Sun Nov 22, 2020 2:23 am

Sactowndog wrote:

I’m assuming because there is no deal at this point. I’m guessing both teams are calling each other’s bluff and sees who blinks first. If I’m sac I’d retain Bogi and look for a deal later but I’m not losing him for nothing in return.
NekiEcko
Bench Warmer
And1: 336

Post#157 » by NekiEcko » Sun Nov 22, 2020 2:24 am

LakersSoul wrote:
Sactowndog wrote:

They signed Dunn to a two year deal. And they are not trading a young stud like Huerter.

That deal is on a exception, so they still have the money to sign him.
Buzzard
RealGM
And1: 7,522

Post#158 » by Buzzard » Sun Nov 22, 2020 2:26 am

Sactowndog wrote:
Buzzard wrote:
Sactowndog wrote:

I agree. But my point still stands with the 6 guys in 3 spots. Someone is getting limited to no minutes. Most coaches don’t go much deeper than 9 guys.

The Hawks bench was last in the league in my opinion. Their goal was to get deeper. Here is how I see it if they land Bogdan.

Starters:
PG Trae
SG Bogdan
SF Gallanari
PF Collins
C Capela

Primary bench:
Rondo, Huerter, Reddish, Hunter, Okongwu

Secondary bench/injury insurance would be:
Dunn, Goodwin ( if kept ), Snell, Fernando

If you want to make Gallanari the 6th man and put Hunter or Reddish in as the starting small forward it still works out the same.
BAF Pacers: Unleash Trae!

PG Ice Trae
SG Buddy Hield/Luke Kennard/Brandin Podziemski
SF OG Anunoby/Terrence Ross/Kris Murray
PF Richaun Holmes/JaMychal Green/Chris Livingston
C KAT/Mark Williams
raleigh
Head Coach
And1: 503

Post#159 » by raleigh » Sun Nov 22, 2020 2:29 am

According to Amick the original deal was Dante and a first.

Can you link that report?
SacKingZZZ
RealGM

Post#160 » by SacKingZZZ » Sun Nov 22, 2020 2:29 am

NekiEcko wrote:
LakersSoul wrote:
Sactowndog wrote:

That deal is on a exception, so they still have the money to sign him.

Yeah, I remember all those dumb contracts Vlade signed players like Dedmon to over the years were actually done in a way to make it work when it came to the timing and money. It can't be a coincidence the Hawks are spending money right to about the limit of what Bogdan is asking for.

Return to The General Board