Hawks in lead to land Bogdan; Lakers in pursuit

Moderators: ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris

LakersSoul
Head Coach
And1: 4,486

Re: Hawks in lead to land Bogdan; Lakers in pursuit 

Post#161 » by LakersSoul » Sun Nov 22, 2020 2:31 am

NekiEcko wrote:
LakersSoul wrote:
Sactowndog wrote:
Seen nothing that says Atlanta has moved on. Do you have a basis for that claim?

They signed Dunn to a two year deal. And they are not trading a young stud like Huerter.

That deal is on a exception, so they still have the money to sign him.

They already have 2 shooting guards and you think they will sign a third and give him $18 million per? Ship has passed after they signed Dunn.

"Westy, LeBron + AD to rule the West.
Return of the King, the Lakers."
Sactowndog
Kings Forum Mock Draft Champ
And1: 1,711

Post#162 » by Sactowndog » Sun Nov 22, 2020 2:33 am

Buzzard wrote:
Sactowndog wrote:
Buzzard wrote:Okongwu is a center who has the skill to guard out on the perimeter. He is a long ways off from playing out on the perimeter on the offensive end. Think hybrid like JJJ or Draymond without the 3PT shot or Dray's passing.

I agree. But my point still stands with the 6 guys in 3 spots. Someone is getting limited to no minutes. Most coaches don’t go much deeper than 9 guys.

The Hawks bench was last in the league in my opinion. Their goal was to get deeper. Here is how I see it if they land Bogdan.

Starters:
PG Trae
SG Bogdan
SF Gallanari
PF Collins
C Capela

Primary bench:
Rondo, Huerter, Reddish, Hunter, Okongwu

Secondary bench/injury insurance would be:
Dunn, Goodwin ( if kept ), Snell, Fernando

If you want to make Gallanari the 6th man and put Hunter or Reddish in as the starting small forward it still works out the same.

Coaches rarely play past 9 so who on your bench gets no time? Hardly a recipe for a good locker room.
Sactowndog

Post#163 » by Sactowndog » Sun Nov 22, 2020 2:34 am

LakersSoul wrote:
NekiEcko wrote:
LakersSoul wrote:
They signed Dunn to a two year deal. And they are not trading a young stud like Huerter.

They already have 2 shooting guards and you think they will sign a third and give him $18 million per? Ship has passed after they signed Dunn.

Yeah sure. Dunn is taking the spot they planned for Bogdan.
Buzzard
RealGM
And1: 7,522

Post#164 » by Buzzard » Sun Nov 22, 2020 2:37 am

Sactowndog wrote:
Buzzard wrote:
Sactowndog wrote:
I agree. But my point still stands with the 6 guys in 3 spots. Someone is getting limited to no minutes. Most coaches don’t go much deeper than 9 guys.

The Hawks bench was last in the league in my opinion. Their goal was to get deeper. Here is how I see it if they land Bogdan.

Starters:
PG Trae
SG Bogdan
SF Gallanari
PF Collins
C Capela

Primary bench:

If you want to make Gallanari the 6th man and put Hunter or Reddish in as the starting small forward it still works out the same.

Coaches rarely play past 9 so who on your bench gets no time? Hardly a recipe for a good locker room.

The big if is having Okongwu as a primary player off the bench. If he struggles, Collins will rotate to center when Capela gets his rest. That will make it only 9 deep if you factor in Okongwu as a rookie.
BAF Pacers: Unleash Trae!

PG Ice Trae
SG Buddy Hield/Luke Kennard/Brandin Podziemski
SF OG Anunoby/Terrence Ross/Kris Murray
PF Richaun Holmes/JaMychal Green/Chris Livingston
C KAT/Mark Williams
LakersSoul
Head Coach

Post#165 » by LakersSoul » Sun Nov 22, 2020 2:38 am

Sactowndog wrote:
LakersSoul wrote:
NekiEcko wrote:

You think ATL is just throwing $10 million away? You think Dunn signed so his minutes would drop from 24 mpg to 3rd string?

Sactowndog

Post#166 » by Sactowndog » Sun Nov 22, 2020 2:44 am

LakersSoul wrote:
Sactowndog wrote:
LakersSoul wrote:

You think ATL is just throwing $10 million away? You think Dunn signed so his minutes would drop from 24 mpg to 3rd string?

Nope that is why I see a S&T coming. But if we get Bogi for 3 years 30 I’m fine with it.
Sactowndog

Post#167 » by Sactowndog » Sun Nov 22, 2020 2:46 am

Buzzard wrote:
Sactowndog wrote:
Buzzard wrote:The Hawks bench was last in the league in my opinion. Their goal was to get deeper. Here is how I see it if they land Bogdan.

Starters:
PG Trae
SG Bogdan
SF Gallanari
PF Collins
C Capela

Primary bench:

The big if is having Okongwu as a primary player off the bench. If he struggles, Collins will rotate to center when Capela gets his rest. That will make it only 9 deep if you factor in Okongwu as a rookie.

Possible but I think they are going to give Okongyu minutes. I see one of Huerter or Reddish getting squeezed.
Buzzard
RealGM
And1: 7,522

Post#168 » by Buzzard » Sun Nov 22, 2020 2:50 am

Sactowndog wrote:
Buzzard wrote:
Sactowndog wrote:

Possible but I think they are going to give Okongyu minutes. I see one of Huerter or Reddish getting squeezed.

The goal is to win and make the playoffs. On those nights when he is struggling and/or in close games, I don't think Okongwu gets a lot of playing time.
BAF Pacers: Unleash Trae!

PG Ice Trae
SG Buddy Hield/Luke Kennard/Brandin Podziemski
SF OG Anunoby/Terrence Ross/Kris Murray
PF Richaun Holmes/JaMychal Green/Chris Livingston
C KAT/Mark Williams
LakersSoul
Head Coach

Post#169 » by LakersSoul » Sun Nov 22, 2020 2:50 am

Sactowndog wrote:
LakersSoul wrote:
Sactowndog wrote:

Nope that is why I see a S&T coming. But if we get Bogi for 3 years 30 I’m fine with it.

Bogdan wants $18per and you think he might give Sac a near 50% discount for trying to trade him?

jfs1000d
RealGM
And1: 13,985

Post#170 » by jfs1000d » Sun Nov 22, 2020 3:01 am

Like the Bogdan to Boston for a couple of firsts and he fills into the Celtics tpe they get from Gordo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
NPZ
Analyst
And1: 2,505

Post#171 » by NPZ » Sun Nov 22, 2020 3:11 am

Tor_Raps wrote:
Optms wrote:lol If he ends on the Lakers, I officially would dare anyone to find me a better GM then Pelinka.

Chill dude... having Lebron and AD fall in your lap does not make you a good GM lol.

Lakers often fiscally constrain themselves. Dr. Buss didn't want to pay 1 dollar in lux tax, his daughter is probably of the same belief (to some degree, maybe not as tight as the Doc was). That's an artificial constraint placed on Pelinka. He's great w/ the numbers and rules, however. This isn't a situation like the one GS is in where they're paying 100 mill plus in taxes and everyone thinks that GM is God. Plus, Pels pulled a former Indy coach who promptly got a ring. He had Brawn and AD? Maybe, but ask me what Del Harris did with Shaq/Kobe. Ask me what Riles did in the years he lost in the 80s (pretty please ask me about 84 Finals Gm 2 TO leading to Gerald Henderson steal and 89 2-aday preFinals minicamp that caused Magic and Byron to pull hammies). Remind me of what Doug Collins did in Chicago.

Beyond that, Pels is making these moves in the hopes of improving the team from last year. Kupchak was not only much more conservative (I'd call him arch-conservative), but he was also under mandate from Phil to keep bringing the same guys back. Phil: "These guys have a right to defend their title until they lose it." Stated that on camera, believed it. That bit us in the arse bigtime in 01/2 and onward. Squeeked out 02 (refs?), but were donesky after that. Struggled mightily just to win 50 games in 2003. Threadbare bench. No depth. Walton and Slava Medvedenko getting minutes because Rick Fox was The Walking Dead. Horry 2/38 from trey in truncated (abbreviated for them) 2003 playoff push. Traded him a year early because he looked like caught Walking Dead virus from Fox in 03.
NPZ's Definitive Magic Johnson highlight reel

49, 50, 52, 53, 54, 72, 80, 82, 85, 87, 88, 00, 01, 02, 09, 10, 20
Sactowndog

Post#172 » by Sactowndog » Sun Nov 22, 2020 3:13 am

LakersSoul wrote:
Sactowndog wrote:
LakersSoul wrote:

Bogdan wants $18per and you think he might give Sac a near 50% discount for trying to trade him?

Again, per the CBA, that is the most we can give unless we are matching an offer. It’s why Vlade didn’t sign him last year.
Patsfan1081
RealGM
And1: 5,491

Post#173 » by Patsfan1081 » Sun Nov 22, 2020 3:14 am

It feels like he’ll get overpaid and honestly he seems like a average shooter to me looking at his ts from previous seasons.
Sactowndog

Post#174 » by Sactowndog » Sun Nov 22, 2020 3:16 am

jfs1000d wrote:Like the Bogdan to Boston for a couple of firsts and he fills into the Celtics tpe they get from Gordo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As a Boston and Kings fan I would love Bogi on Boston but not sure how to do it unless it gets rolled into a Gordon sign and trade.
RIPskaterdude
RealGM
And1: 36,493

Post#175 » by RIPskaterdude » Sun Nov 22, 2020 3:30 am

Bogi is going to take a one year tender from the Kings and then test the market next year imo
RIPskaterdude
RealGM
And1: 36,493

Post#176 » by RIPskaterdude » Sun Nov 22, 2020 3:34 am

Read on Twitter
Sactowndog

Post#177 » by Sactowndog » Sun Nov 22, 2020 3:34 am

RIPskaterdude wrote:Bogi is going to take a one year tender from the Kings and then test the market next year imo

He could but it’s pretty risky. See Isaiah and DeMarcus.
reload141
RealGM
And1: 22,411

Post#178 » by reload141 » Sun Nov 22, 2020 3:36 am

If Boston gets this TPE from Hayward S&T that could be an interesting wrinkle
Pennebaker
Head Coach
And1: 5,577

Post#179 » by Pennebaker » Sun Nov 22, 2020 3:37 am

Lost Angel wrote:https://apple.news/AlH-vsN8kSBKU4K5E8mY7Tw

Says Hawks are front runners using cap space and Lakers trying to do some type of KCP + Kuzma for Bogdan swap

Lakers are very aggressive, could easily win the offseason if they pull this off

They're going to win the offseason even if they don't pull that off.
Sactowndog

Post#180 » by Sactowndog » Sun Nov 22, 2020 3:48 am

RIPskaterdude wrote:
Read on Twitter

Pacers trying to move Turner. Could be a good fit for the Kings with Bagley. If Atlanta doesn’t give what the Kings want Indiana might be a good option.

Return to The General Board