ImageImageImage

You draft better than Danny Ainge—here's your chance to shine

Moderators: bisme37, canman1971, Darthlukey, Shak_Celts, Froob, Parliament10, shackles10, snowman

Darth Celtic
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,022

Re: You draft better than Danny Ainge—here's your chance to shine 

Post#41 » by Darth Celtic » Sun Nov 22, 2020 6:00 am

Missing the worst blowhards. You can sure as **** in two years they will be telling us who they would have picked instead. Love that hindsight.

Sent from my moto g(7) using RealGM mobile app
MrDollarBills = MrWelchesBets
BostonCouchGM
Head Coach
And1: 4,857

Post#42 » by BostonCouchGM » Sun Nov 22, 2020 6:11 am

the fervor certain posters have responding to any anti-Ainge threads makes me think some of them are related to the guy irl. Even when naysayers are proven correct these people will either disappear or claim Monday Morning QB per usual despite the proof.
Bleeding Green
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 13,875

Post#43 » by Bleeding Green » Sun Nov 22, 2020 6:15 am

If your entire schtick is just listing every good player drafted after a Celtics pick, it's kind of useless. You expect the GM to draft perfectly? It's just boring. He could draft better, no doubt, but to expect him to draft the very best player at every pick is insane and not even worth discussing.
Manocad wrote:I have an engineering degree, an exceptionally high IQ, and can point to the exact location/area of any country on an unlabeled globe.
BostonCouchGM
Head Coach

Re: You're a RealGM and know better than Danny Ainge—here's your chance to shine 

Post#44 » by BostonCouchGM » Sun Nov 22, 2020 6:21 am

SuperDeluxe wrote:Thank you brave souls for participating. The vast majority of those who complained about Danny's picks haven't yet let us know who they would have drafted instead—shocking.

Please just post two names (one for #14 and one for #26). No need to explain or justify your selection.

many of us have our Big Boards and opinions littered throughout other threads but what's one more!

#14-Nesmith (had others higher on my Board but felt with Hayward leaving, we could slide Nesmith in at the 2 with Jaylen moving to his more natural 3
#26-Pritchard (was hoping 20 mpg as Kemba's backup, eventually starting down the road, but even though he shouldn't, Teague will eat into his minutes and he'll likely never get the chance to prove he can start and eventually he'll get moved in a trade)
#30-Woodard II (perfect backup at the 3/4 with starter potential. Upgrade over Williams and Semi)
#47-Paul Reed (Theis replacement when he leaves next year and if Theis stays a major role player that eats into Theis minutes)
Bleeding Green
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#45 » by Bleeding Green » Sun Nov 22, 2020 6:23 am

Wait this dude hates Ainge even after he took his two top players. That's dedication to an ideal.
Manocad wrote:I have an engineering degree, an exceptionally high IQ, and can point to the exact location/area of any country on an unlabeled globe.
BostonCouchGM
Head Coach

Post#46 » by BostonCouchGM » Sun Nov 22, 2020 6:29 am

if your entire schtick is just defending Ainge no matter how many better players are taken after every one of his picks it's kinda useless. Having such low expectations for your G.M. that you accept him being a terrible drafter and explaining it away as being a crap shoot because the other inept G.M. are also bad drafters and missing on players is just par for the course when it doesn't have to be, is kinda boring. Not expecting your G.M. to evaluate talent or choose better players than what is currently on the roster is insane and not even worth discussing.
themoneyteam2
Lead Assistant
And1: 8,287

Post#47 » by themoneyteam2 » Sun Nov 22, 2020 6:29 am

Bleeding Green wrote:Wait this dude hates Ainge even after he took his two top players. That's dedication to an ideal.

Yeah because Danny badly missed on the 2nd round picks that usually prove to be so valuable with over 72% never finding a home in the NBA! But that’s only because all these NBA GMs are idiots so a guy like Paul Reed might not make it but that’s only because he won’t be given the chance!
themoneyteam2
Lead Assistant

Post#48 » by themoneyteam2 » Sun Nov 22, 2020 6:30 am

Bleeding Green wrote:Wait this dude hates Ainge even after he took his two top players. That's dedication to an ideal.

I love the caveats though. He likes the Pritchard pick but because Ainge signed Teague that means Pritchard won’t develop in his career and will be traded down the line lol.

So no matter what he’ll find a way to hate on Ainge for the pick
BostonCouchGM
Head Coach

Post#49 » by BostonCouchGM » Sun Nov 22, 2020 6:30 am

who said I hate Ainge? And why are you asking the board instead of me? Why so performative?
themoneyteam2
Lead Assistant

Post#50 » by themoneyteam2 » Sun Nov 22, 2020 6:32 am

BostonCouchGM wrote:if your entire schtick is just defending Ainge no matter how many better players are taken after every one of his picks it's kinda useless. Having such low expectations for your G.M. that you accept him being a terrible drafter and explaining it away as being a crap shoot because the other inept G.M. are also bad drafters and missing on players is just par for the course when it doesn't have to be, is kinda boring. Not expecting your G.M. to evaluate talent or choose better players than what is currently on the roster is insane and not even worth discussing.

You also said if the Celtics picked Naz Reid, Bol Bol, or Isiah Roby they would have put them over the top and the Celtics would have made the Finals.

And yes that was a real post by you. Should probably sit this one out, bud. Not sure you’re a great talent evaluator yourself based off your history...
themoneyteam2
Lead Assistant

Post#51 » by themoneyteam2 » Sun Nov 22, 2020 6:34 am

BostonCouchGM wrote:

who said I hate Ainge? And why are you asking the board instead of me? Why so performative?

Your post history says you hate him, bud. Don’t try to play the victim.

You’re the same clown who hated on him for picking Jaylen Brown and says Jaylen Brown is worse than Bridges, Lonzo Ball, and RJ freaking Barrett.

You should probably take a break from your shtick for a bit. It’s getting pretty tiresome but it was funny trolling at first.
djFan71
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,239

Post#52 » by djFan71 » Sun Nov 22, 2020 6:49 am

themoneyteam2 wrote:
BostonCouchGM wrote:

You’re the same clown who hated on him for picking Jaylen Brown and says Jaylen Brown is worse than Bridges, Lonzo Ball, and RJ freaking Barrett.

You should probably take a break from your shtick for a bit. It’s getting pretty tiresome but it was funny trolling at first.

Dude, you gotta drop your obsession with bcgm. He’s put you on ignore, return the favor or it’ll be an official warning next time.
Bleeding Green
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#53 » by Bleeding Green » Sun Nov 22, 2020 6:49 am

I don't defend Ainge unconditionally. I hated both picks this year and hate Teague and Thompson. I think normally he does a good job and keeps the roster in god position to be flexible for what comes. I find it hard to care about whether Naz Reid is going to be better than Grant Williams, though.
BostonCouchGM
Head Coach

Post#54 » by BostonCouchGM » Sun Nov 22, 2020 6:52 am

themoneyteam2 wrote:
BostonCouchGM wrote:

lol I was asked to put you on my foe list so I wouldn't have to see your childish stalking obsession with me. Listen, I'm taken....bud. I appreciate the attention though. Imagine being such a loser that you pore over old threads to try to get a "gotcha" moment and then failing dramatically because the person you are trying to "gotcha" ignores you. a ha ha ha ha ha. Priceless. Excuse me for preferring players that don't have to look down at the ball while dribbling. The nerve. Imagine preferring players that don't have a negative assist to turnover ratio. Or guys that don't get beat on back cuts over and over, never learning their lesson because their BBIQ is so low. But then, imagine not even being that player, but going on a message board to defend him like a triggered fangirl. Maybe it's time for YOU to sit this one out lmao. :crazy:
themoneyteam2
Lead Assistant

Post#55 » by themoneyteam2 » Sun Nov 22, 2020 6:53 am

djFan71 wrote:
themoneyteam2 wrote:
BostonCouchGM wrote:

Dude, you gotta drop your obsession with bcgm. He’s put you on ignore, return the favor or it’ll be an official warning next time.

Will do. I just respond because I don’t think one should get away with saying RJ Barrett is better than Jaylen Brown without getting called out for that blasphemy. Or for saying Bol Bol, who played a whopping 4 games in the playoffs, would have pushed the Celtics over the top to the Finals. I mean at some point you can’t get away with saying blasphemy like that lol.

But fair enough I’ll put him on ignore.
Squigglepuffin
Junior
And1: 300

Post#56 » by Squigglepuffin » Sun Nov 22, 2020 7:01 am

#14 - Nesmith
#26 - Tyler Bey
#30 - Nate Hinton
#47 - Jalen Harris

Harris vs Hinton is hard to separate because they both bring something unique. In a scorers league it should probably be Harris at #30, Hinton can just rebound abnormally well, but its either or, with Harris more likely to end up with a bigger second contract bc scoring is the most noticeable attribute a player can have in this league.

Nesmith is a pick to cancel Ainge out. If I pick the same player as Ainge I only have to pick three correctly to draft better than him :D

I've already said in a recently that I'd select Zeke Nnaji along with T. Bey, Hinton, and Harris. The problem is Nnaji busting or succeeding is completely dependent (much more than usual for a draftee) on if the Nuggets develop him properly.

If they just throw him out there and hope for the best without taking time to teach him how to play basketball (because right now I don't really think he can tbh) he'll fail. If they teach him though I think he can be good. Better than anyone we've drafted since Tatum.

In any case, all four should have been first round picks.

Return to Boston Celtics