KCP is back for 3 yr deal

Moderators: Danny Darko, Kilroy, TyCobb

BEazy
RealGM
And1: 2,483

Re: KCP is back for 3 yr deal 

Post#21 » by BEazy » Sun Nov 22, 2020 4:56 am

snaquille oatmeal wrote:
ScHoolBoy B wrote:Well Bradley didn't play in the playoffs. McGee and Howard barely played. Green was constantly getting blown by on defense. KCP was the only guy that proved to be a positive in the playoffs.

Caruso said something about you going somewhere for self inter-coursing.

Well he didn't mention Caruso, so that's why I didn't include him. I wouldn't forget Caruso's contribution to the championship run. Got too much respect for AC.

Long Live The Black Mamba. Kobe Bean Bryant Laker For Life. 8/24
mcscotty
Rookie
And1: 486

Post#22 » by mcscotty » Sun Nov 22, 2020 5:08 am

kblo247 wrote:I am his only supporter early on every year. So heres to sucking that first month and then kicking ass the rest of the way. He earned that deal, that boy was Fisher to Kobe and Shaq.

Now bring Kieff back

Doubt Kieff accepts vet min. Especially after the payday his brother just got.
kblo247
RealGM
And1: 2,130

Post#23 » by kblo247 » Sun Nov 22, 2020 5:14 am

mcscotty wrote:
kblo247 wrote:I am his only supporter early on every year. So heres to sucking that first month and then kicking ass the rest of the way. He earned that deal, that boy was Fisher to Kobe and Shaq.

Now bring Kieff back

Doubt Kieff accepts vet min. Especially after the payday his brother just got.

What are his options.

Go to the Knicks and wear his brother old jersey and maybe be paid

Go to the warriors for the tax player exemption as they are planning to spend it and get a dpe for Klay

Sign the BAE to play for the Clippers with his brother

Stay a laker for the minimum and get his early bird rights

Denver has no more spots. Suns used their space and want to bring Saric back. Bucks don’t have the money because they messed up their own cap. Miami used their spaces. Houston was somewhere he put his own mouth hated playing and they could lose harden. Portland offers no playing time. Okc is rebuilding and has their vets. Sacramento would have to pay him crazy but they seem to be saying we go either match Bogi or pay whiteside lol. Dallas could use him, but they could also use Baynes more.

I mean I just see limited options
tamaraw08
Analyst
And1: 1,235

Post#24 » by tamaraw08 » Sun Nov 22, 2020 5:48 am

kblo247 wrote:
tamaraw08 wrote:

Now bring Kieff back

Yes KCP Fed me crow and I’m happy he stepped up but do you really think they still have enough money for Morris?

a min deal gets him early bird rights. I mean he can take that or find somewhere else to go.

He shoots above 40% from 3 pt area in the playoffs while his struggled, and now he’s supposed to get paid the minimum and his twin gets 16 mil?
kblo247
RealGM

Post#25 » by kblo247 » Sun Nov 22, 2020 5:53 am

tamaraw08 wrote:
kblo247 wrote:
tamaraw08 wrote:Yes KCP Fed me crow and I’m happy he stepped up but do you really think they still have enough money for Morris?

a min deal gets him early bird rights. I mean he can take that or find somewhere else to go.

He shoots above 40% from 3 pt area in the playoffs while his struggled, and now he’s supposed to get paid the minimum and his twin gets 16 mil?

Kieff outplayed his brother in terms of fit and mentality in Washington for years to one could argue, but last year one guy got a bunch of vet min and BAE offers, while MArcus got 15 mil from the Knicks and 20 from the spurs. I'm just saying Kieff always gets **** on the payday dating back to since they first extended with the Suns and it was reported he took less so Marcus could get more. Ever since then Marcus has been getting more :lol:

I agree he is better than a minimum player. I agree he helped us win. The only thing I think people use against him is he hurt his neck and back in Washington
kblo247
RealGM

Post#26 » by kblo247 » Sun Nov 22, 2020 5:53 am

Read on Twitter
?s=21
lazybatman
Sixth Man
And1: 876

Post#27 » by lazybatman » Sun Nov 22, 2020 6:34 am

ScHoolBoy B wrote:
Beethoven wrote:You mean kuz and Mcgee. Not kcp

Can't do that, salaries won't match. That's why I said KCP and McGee.

Only KCP would be enough though. He's a RFA, not their player.

I'd still trade Kuz and McGee to trade for Justin Holiday / PJ Tucker.
TylersLakers
RealGM
And1: 2,809

Post#28 » by TylersLakers » Sun Nov 22, 2020 6:40 am

Huge signing. Our 8 man rotation is sick.

KCP
Matthews
LeBron
Harrell
Davis
Shroder
Kuz
Caruso

There's no way we'd get Baynes for a veterans minimum, would we? That would be a dream.

- Trade McGee, cash to a team with cap space
- Sign Baynes, minimum
- Sign Nic Batum, minimum
- Re-sign Morris
- Re-sign Dudley
- Sign Belinelli, minimum

PG: KCP/Schroder/THT
SG: Matthews/Caruso/Belinelli
SF: LeBron/Kuz/Batum
PF: Davis/Morris/Dudley
C: Baynes/Harrell/
Vae Victus
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,831

Post#29 » by Vae Victus » Sun Nov 22, 2020 6:55 am

So whats the salary structure on KCP's deal. I heard its 15 + 15 + 10 with the final year partial guaranteed, anyone know the exact terms? All i gotta say, thats an EZ contract to trade, after 1 season its 15 + 10 with partial guaranteed. If one of Giannis, PG13, or Kawhi, is willing to join next offseason, it'll be trivial to trade out KCP for pure cap, or hell maybe use him as part of a S&T.
Pythagoras
Analyst
And1: 3,282

Post#30 » by Pythagoras » Sun Nov 22, 2020 6:59 am

Man, on paper, this is one of the strongest Lakers teams I’ve ever seen. What an offseason
Numbers rule the universe.
loveshaq786
Pro Prospect
And1: 86

Post#31 » by loveshaq786 » Sun Nov 22, 2020 1:12 pm

Is it too late to trade him?

Indiana has been shopping myles turner and even offered him for BB .. only to be turned down.

Kcp, kuz, mcgee.... For Warren and turner???? Can we snag warren.... He'd be perfect!!!

Or Cassius stanley, Justin holiday, mcdormett..... For kuz and mcgee
RoyceDa59
RealGM
And1: 8,731

Post#32 » by RoyceDa59 » Sun Nov 22, 2020 8:20 pm

Geez Lakers had a fantastic off-season. I noticed every player they added or signed is entering their prime years.

Schruder is 27
KCP is 27
Harrell is 26

They passed (so far) on Rondo, Dwight knowing their bounce back in a contract year could be an anomaly.

Pelinka is doing a fantastic job.

Repeat incoming.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
Go Raps!!

Return to Los Angeles Lakers