ImageImageImageImageImage

Joey Lightyears on the 20-21 team

Moderators: Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose, Sleepy51

Little Digger
Head Coach
And1: 2,710

Joey Lightyears on the 20-21 team 

Post#1 » by Little Digger » Sat Nov 21, 2020 5:48 pm

“I still think we’re going to be a good team," Lacob told Kawakami on "The TK Show" podcast. "The goal is to make the playoffs, obviously finish as high as we can, but make the playoffs, be competitive. And we’ll see what happens. Obviously, if Klay were here, I could sit here and be more confident about where I thought we might get to. I still think we can be very, very good.

“We do happen to have one of the greatest players in the world in Steph Curry. Draymond Green is an ultimate winner, he’s won three championships. We love Andrew Wiggins, we think he’s going to be way better than almost everybody out there seems to think. I think they’re crazy. I think this guy’s 25 years old and immensely talented. And honestly wasn’t in the best situation. He is in a very good situation now. And I think he’s going to be a lot better than people think. So I think we still have a very good team. We’ve got some holes; we’ve got some work to do and we’ll see what happens.”

————————

It’s true...You’re all nuts :thumbsup:

https://www.nbcsports.com/bayarea/warriors/joe-lacob-believes-warriors-can-be-very-good-after-klay-thompson-injury
ILOVEIT—Good 'ol Bob. Two things that will survive the next apocalypse - Cockroaches and Fitz.
azwfan
RealGM
And1: 3,743

Re: Joey Lightyears on the 20-21 team 

Post#2 » by azwfan » Sat Nov 21, 2020 5:54 pm

Someone (not me cause im lazy) needs to photoshop Lacob’s face blowing up a tank or piloting an A-10.
LF75 wrote: It was a dumb idea..And yes I'm a dick.
Little Digger
Head Coach

Post#3 » by Little Digger » Sat Nov 21, 2020 5:54 pm

Holes to fill = something is going down today :party:
ILOVEIT—Good 'ol Bob. Two things that will survive the next apocalypse - Cockroaches and Fitz.
CalGTR
Junior
And1: 248

Post#4 » by CalGTR » Sat Nov 21, 2020 8:22 pm

How sweet it is to have competent ownership with a willingness to shell out huge amounts of cash on player payroll. Lacob owns a team because he loves basketball and wants to WIN. Not always the case around the NBA, obviously.
Quazza
Head Coach
And1: 1,727

Post#5 » by Quazza » Sun Nov 22, 2020 12:37 am

"wasnt in the best situation ....he's in a very good situation now '

lol dam, shots fired
KevinMcreynolds wrote:BIG DICK BOB DOIN WORK

KGdaBom wrote:You can go back and read every post I made. Never said one bad thing about one person until Coxy came up with his Vagiclean comment
Little Digger
Head Coach

Post#6 » by Little Digger » Sun Nov 22, 2020 4:39 am

We have two high potential guys ..the W’s W’s

Warriors need those two to become special
azwfan
RealGM
And1: 3,743

Post#7 » by azwfan » Sun Nov 22, 2020 5:06 am

As unimpressed with our roster going into this season, here's a little something to hopefully get our spirits up...

In the 2019 WCF game 2 (close game)...
Jerebko played 15 minutes
McKinnie played 9 minutes
Jordan Bell played 14 minutes
Livingston (washed) played 15 minutes
Quinn Cook played 10 minutes

Livingston (washed) Bell, Cook, McKinnie, and Jerebko played about a quarter's worth of basketball in a close game in the WCF.
Wiseman, Wanamaker, Paschall, Lee, and {empty roster spot} are better than those guys.
Not to mention Chriss is better than the nothing we got from Damian Jones and Bogut that year.
Sadly, Smailagic and Evans are about equal.

Sure Oubre and Wiggins does not compare to Iguodala and Klay, but we are definitely better on the back end.
LF75 wrote: It was a dumb idea..And yes I'm a dick.
Little Digger
Head Coach

Post#8 » by Little Digger » Sun Nov 22, 2020 5:09 am

Key players this season are Wiggins , Paschall and Wiseman..all 3 of those guys have the potential to make a much greater impact than expected..depends on how much they want it..

Of the 3, I’m the least confident in Paschall..He really needs to up his overall game this year..but dude has a gift from the basketball Gods..He’s impossible to guard 1 on 1 once he gets it going
floppymoose
Senior Mod - Warriors
Senior Mod - Warriors
And1: 15,786

Post#9 » by floppymoose » Sun Nov 22, 2020 5:38 am

Little Digger wrote:Holes to fill = something is going down today :party:

Brad Wanamaker .... CHAMPIONSHIP!
Phase 3
Veteran
And1: 758

Post#10 » by Phase 3 » Sun Nov 22, 2020 6:38 am

I give Lacob a lot of credit. He’s spending a ton of money on a team that doesn’t look like they’re going to win a title. How many other owners would be willing to do that?

Yeah I know they bring in a ton of money. But a lot of owners would just pocket that in a year like this.
jamesnamida
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,048

Post#11 » by jamesnamida » Sun Nov 22, 2020 6:58 am

Phase 3 wrote:I give Lacob a lot of credit. He’s spending a ton of money on a team that doesn’t look like they’re going to win a title. How many other owners would be willing to do that?

Yeah I know they bring in a ton of money. But a lot of owners would just pocket that in a year like this.

Yeah I might not agree with all the moves or the fact that he is a bit douchey,
But can't complain about him not trying. Dude just spent 86 mill on oubre
tarantism
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,146

Post#12 » by tarantism » Sun Nov 22, 2020 3:10 pm

jamesnamida wrote:
Phase 3 wrote:I give Lacob a lot of credit. He’s spending a ton of money on a team that doesn’t look like they’re going to win a title. How many other owners would be willing to do that?

Yeah anybody who was around for the Cohan days loves the new ownership. Lacob cares and invests in this team and goes to the games and everything.

Sent from my LM-X220PM using RealGM mobile app
Melo and amare should thrive in this offense. If Jeremy Tyler and cole Aldridge looked that good in summer league then us knick fans have a lot to be excited about. Make room for all the bandwagoners when we take off
mos_def
Sixth Man
And1: 277

Post#13 » by mos_def » Sun Nov 22, 2020 3:21 pm

I remember when he was booed

Free Ballin
Freshman
And1: 18

Post#14 » by Free Ballin » Sun Nov 22, 2020 3:30 pm

Little Digger wrote:Key players this season are Wiggins , Paschall and Wiseman..all 3 of those guys have the potential to make a much greater impact than expected..depends on how much they want it..

Of the 3, I’m the least confident in Paschall..He really needs to up his overall game this year..but dude has a gift from the basketball Gods..He’s impossible to guard 1 on 1 once he gets it going

I agree with those three but I would add Oubre and Poole. How will Oubre fit in the system, could it make him more efficient offensively once he gets it? There are many concerns about perimeter shooting. If Poole has found his shot then the need for a sniper has been addressed. I really like Poole and think he may be ready to contribute this season. Reports are that he has been working hard this off-season and is always in the facility working on his game. I think he has some dog in him, but he better show it defensively.
CS707
Head Coach
And1: 6,267

Post#15 » by CS707 » Sun Nov 22, 2020 4:37 pm

I like that he isn’t over the top with the expectations.

Like “hey, we did our best and let’s see where it falls out”.
B-King
Rookie
And1: 204

Post#16 » by B-King » Mon Nov 23, 2020 1:50 am

jamesnamida wrote:

He just that face you just want to smack around. He has been an excellent cocky owner. I wish he never claimed the Warriors were light years ahead of everyone and that he kept Jerry West. The Clippers were doing just fine, before they picked up West. Their overall is not quite complete, but they would have never blown it up without West. They have potential to make a very deep run.
jamesnamida
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,048

Post#17 » by jamesnamida » Mon Nov 23, 2020 2:39 am

mos_def wrote:I remember when he was booed

There definitely was a schism between season ticket holders and forum posters about monta :lol:
He grew up in their eyes and was the face of the franchise. But management obviously made the right basketball decision.
DevinVassell
Bench Warmer
And1: 850

Post#18 » by DevinVassell » Mon Nov 23, 2020 2:45 am

BOOOO to the booers.

That was embarrassing... considering all the years we endured from Cohen. Seriously Knicks fans do shite like that.

Maybe we were just a beaten down fanbase that was happy with Monta getting 25 a night but that Bogut for Ellis trade got us headed in the right direction.
InWestWeTrust
Sixth Man
And1: 657

Post#19 » by InWestWeTrust » Mon Nov 23, 2020 3:11 am

DevinVassell wrote:

BOOOO to the booers.

That was embarrassing... considering all the years we endured from Cohen. Seriously Knicks fans do shite like that.

Maybe we were just a beaten down fanbase that was happy with Monta getting 25 a night but that Bogut for Ellis trade got us headed in the right direction.

Mostly this but a lot of us just loved Monta and weren't familiar with Bogut. At the time I knew he was an injury riddled big man on the Bucks.

Return to Golden State Warriors