ImageImageImageImageImage

Shams:Ibaka to the Clippers 2 yrs 19 million

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

AbC?
Head Coach
And1: 9,597

Re: Shams:Ibaka to the Clippers 2 yrs 19 million 

Post#301 » by AbC? » Sun Nov 22, 2020 7:10 am

Do the Clippers get his bird rights if he opts out after the 1st year? This deal makes more sense if the Clippers promised him a longterm payday like they did with Marcus Morris.
Harcore Fenton Mun
RealGM
And1: 7,725

Post#302 » by Harcore Fenton Mun » Sun Nov 22, 2020 7:15 am

SurgeIblocka wrote:No the fact that we held on to the one lottery ticket while Miami and Dallas have 100 tickets bought. In admire your optimism but those two teams situations are far better than ours. Majority of free agents would choose those destinations over us.

There is a reason that Miami’s free agents like Dragic signed a 1 year contract. They have more confidence than us. Why didn’t Serge do the same?

It's not up to us if he accepts a 1 year deal, that's his choice. Dragic is also a guard, maybe you pay more.

Like, even if we sign Marc or whoever. It's just the C position, we still have depth at that position.
bon
General Manager
And1: 13,395

Post#303 » by bon » Sun Nov 22, 2020 7:18 am

WeTheNorth123 wrote:this dropped 5 days ago...ofcourse he's going to LA....clown

https://www.reddit.com/r/torontoraptors/comments/jsnxjq/serge_talking_about_free_agency/?utm_medium=android_app&utm_source=share

Sent from my SM-G950W using RealGM mobile app
metafisical
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,744

Post#304 » by metafisical » Sun Nov 22, 2020 7:21 am

What's wrong? Why does Ibaka have to re-sign with us? He is a free agent and he chose LA. So what?

I wish him the best. Dude helped us with the 'ship and he has a big shlong. Those are my two memories of him. I hope he does well in LA.

Reading the posts on here is like reading a thread from people who got dumped or something.
I acknowledge and thank the lək̓ʷəŋən peoples of the Songhees, Esquimalt and W̱SÁNEĆ First Nations for allowing me to live, work and play on their unceded traditional territories. I also acknowledge the Métis Charter Community of Victoria.
UneducatedFan86
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,590

Post#305 » by UneducatedFan86 » Sun Nov 22, 2020 7:21 am

mdenny wrote:
I don't know what to tell you.

In my opinion....u are drastically overvaluing Serge and drastically undervaluing Fred.

That's how Masai and Bobby see it too and they made that position pretty clear all along. That's also what the nba market thinks.

Well, I do think Masai and Bobby had hoped they could get Ibaka back for at least a one year deal. I don't think Gasol fits on the team and I don't think his body could handle large starter minutes.

But... we are going to find out this season what a lot of these players are made of. It is easy when a lot of things are going right and the team is winning. But I can see this team having struggles.
Harcore Fenton Mun
RealGM

Post#306 » by Harcore Fenton Mun » Sun Nov 22, 2020 7:27 am

bon wrote:
WeTheNorth123 wrote:this dropped 5 days ago...ofcourse he's going to LA....clown

https://www.reddit.com/r/torontoraptors/comments/jsnxjq/serge_talking_about_free_agency/?utm_medium=android_app&utm_source=share

The post right under that is Kyle clowning Biz...hmm. Three days ago, UFA.
https://www.reddit.com/r/torontoraptors/comments/jwsktc/lowry_trolling_biyombo_on_instagram_lmao/

Edit: Oh and..
Read on Twitter

Spidey sense tingling.
mdenny
Head Coach
And1: 6,575

Post#307 » by mdenny » Sun Nov 22, 2020 7:35 am

UneducatedFan86 wrote:
mdenny wrote:

In my opinion....u are drastically overvaluing Serge and drastically undervaluing Fred.

That's how Masai and Bobby see it too and they made that position pretty clear all along. That's also what the nba market thinks.

Well, I do think Masai and Bobby had hoped they could get Ibaka back for at least a one year deal. I don't think Gasol fits on the team and I don't think his body could handle large starter minutes.

But... we are going to find out this season what a lot of these players are made of. It is easy when a lot of things are going right and the team is winning. But I can see this team having struggles.

When they don't say your name in interviews leading up to free agency they aren't likely to sign you.

My hunch is that serge stalled because he wanted to stay. It wouldn't surprise me if serge wanted to stay in Toronto more than any other free agent who left us in franchise history. Our plan is pretty specific. There just wasn't any wiggle room to make it happen.

Anyone who is mad at serge or is feeling scorned should think about that. He probably wanted to stay more than more FO wanted to keep him. And I bet they wish they could have kept him.

He's gonna get a standing ovation when he comes back and a great tribute video. Anyone who doesn't wish him well is a fan that needs to get a life.
SurgeIblocka
Head Coach
And1: 5,255

Post#308 » by SurgeIblocka » Sun Nov 22, 2020 7:43 am

bon wrote:

I hate Serge for that video. He knew all along he was going to Clips, he made us a fool and we lost out on any decent big. Go cook cok in LA, and shove it down Kawhi’s throat.
SurgeIblocka
Head Coach
And1: 5,255

Post#309 » by SurgeIblocka » Sun Nov 22, 2020 7:47 am

mdenny wrote:
UneducatedFan86 wrote:
mdenny wrote:

When they don't say your name in interviews leading up to free agency they aren't likely to sign you.

My hunch is that serge stalled because he wanted to stay. It wouldn't surprise me if serge wanted to stay in Toronto more than any other free agent who left us in franchise history. Our plan is pretty specific. There just wasn't any wiggle room to make it happen.

Anyone who is mad at serge or is feeling scorned should think about that. He probably wanted to stay more than more FO wanted to keep him. And I bet they wish they could have kept him.

He's gonna get a standing ovation when he comes back and a great tribute video. Anyone who doesn't wish him well is a fan that needs to get a life.

Oh really so our plan wasn’t to sign Serge all along lol. Masai just wanted to make the flight from Chicago to NY. And now he is all of a sudden scrambling to sign Gasol. LOL
Harcore Fenton Mun
RealGM

Post#310 » by Harcore Fenton Mun » Sun Nov 22, 2020 8:02 am

My guess is they had a cheaper option lined up before they talked to Serge.

It kind of makes sense now. Biz will take a one year, for a lot less. That's why we drafted shooters/pick and roll guys.
pr0gr4m
Bench Warmer
And1: 532

Post#311 » by pr0gr4m » Sun Nov 22, 2020 8:46 am

It's good the Raptors went in a younger direction. Ibaka would have been good on a 1 year deal but isn't worth the tax. I would rather keep the max open and the
HiJiNX
Forum Mod - Raptors
Forum Mod - Raptors
And1: 12,161

Post#312 » by HiJiNX » Sun Nov 22, 2020 9:05 am

Y’all know you don’t own these players right? If you had a better job offer at a company than the one you were at would you stay put because of loyalty/history?
not strong, only aggresive cuz the power ain't directed/ that's why, we are subjected to the will of the oppressive
RaptorsNorth
RealGM
And1: 13,757

Post#313 » by RaptorsNorth » Sun Nov 22, 2020 9:19 am

Just woke up to see this :lol: Say what you want but him taking this long f...ed us over like how kawhi did to the Lakers. If he moved earlier there were other bigs Available. It’s not about him leaving it’s about how long he took while players flew off the table. Kawhi did the same thing to the Lakers but they had the last laugh.

Not shocked serge picked LA to be truthful. I’m pretty sure he’s getting paid under the table like kawhi is plus this guy wants to get into the fashion business. What better place to take it than LA ? It’s a smart move on his part. Both the Lakers and Clippers are paying players under the table and I’m pretty sure the NBA knows this.
“Elephant in the room : Nick Thibodeau” Board member seanbig :lol: :lol: :lol:

"THEY'RE SAYING US AND GOLDEN STATE ARE THE SUPER TEAMS" Knicks PG Derrick Rose :lol:
mrdressup
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,263

Post#314 » by mrdressup » Sun Nov 22, 2020 9:28 am

If you think about it Ibaka's knees aren't assured of getting him through a full season any more. Sometimes you get lucky and dodge a bullet you didn't even see coming. Let's wait and see how things come out in the wash, shall we?
RaptorsNorth
RealGM

Post#315 » by RaptorsNorth » Sun Nov 22, 2020 9:36 am

mrdressup wrote:If you think about it Ibaka's knees aren't assured of getting him through a full season any more. Sometimes you get lucky and dodge a bullet you didn't even see coming. Let's wait and see how things come out in the wash, shall we?
man there’s no point in talking about his knees now when he never really had knee issues here :lol: That’s hater talk! People need to stop acting like the bitter ex. I wish serge nothing but the best. the only issue I have and I’ve had even before he picked a team was the kawhi like move where he was waiting so long while other players flew off the market but that’s still within his rights. He doesn’t have to move on the Raptors time. Serge enjoyed the superstar spotlight and thats why he was posting that picture on the plane with the caption “on my way to..” he had a bunch of different fan bases and people from around the world watching him, commenting under the picture and he enjoyed the clout from the process, he enjoyed the spotlight knowing the whole league and people from around the world was watching his every move!

It’s good to win a championship but when you do just know certain will leave if they don’t think you can run it back again. Remember They have a ring now and could chase the money or join another team they think have a better shot of winning another ring. Serge simply doesn’t think we don’t have another shot at wining another championship and to be truthful I don’t think we do either with pascal running the show as a first option. Not just that but people that’s into high fashion have a need for massive need for attention. they’re not dressing like that for themselves and you saw that need for attention with the plane picture. What better place to take that than to the biggest show in the world in LA after you’ve already won a ring ? The guy is going to be walking around on air out there :lol: don’t forget his argument with OG about who taught who about fashion and scarfs :lol: he wants to be a fashion designer so you can’t really blame him for going to LA ? He’s killing 2 birds with 1 stone. The thing is we’re screwed now. Some of you guys were laughing at the Celtics being screw with Hayward because we’re so confident in serge coming back but they haven’t lost anything from their Eastern conference finals roster. The joke is on us now and you’re lucky Celtics fans are not here trolling. Well at least not on here.

Sergio Ibakanio fashion line on the way!!

"THEY'RE SAYING US AND GOLDEN STATE ARE THE SUPER TEAMS" Knicks PG Derrick Rose :lol:
2019nbachamps
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,545

Post#316 » by 2019nbachamps » Sun Nov 22, 2020 10:07 am

This is a major loss for us. He's still a very good player and as a starter would've averaged a double double with his eyes closed, not to mention he could stretch the floor.

If he decided he wanted to leave then that's fine. However it seems like we lowballed him causing him to take less money elsewhere.

Now we face the prospects of being completely thin at centre this season with rebounding turning into an area of major weakness.
Mascot
Lead Assistant
And1: 972

Post#317 » by Mascot » Sun Nov 22, 2020 10:13 am

I wanted him back for 1 year
guess he wanted 2

Masai keeping money open for Lebron in 2021
RaptorsNorth
RealGM

Post#318 » by RaptorsNorth » Sun Nov 22, 2020 10:19 am

Mascot wrote:I wanted him back for 1 year
guess he wanted 2

RaptorsNorth
RealGM

Post#319 » by RaptorsNorth » Sun Nov 22, 2020 10:24 am

It’s a good wake up call for the delusional side of this fan base who have gotten overconfident since the kawhi trade. Kawhi left last season and now serge. When I was saying serge needed to hurry the f.... up because he’s screwing us over in terms over signing other players if he bolts you had these delusional guys acting as if the deal is in the bag already :lol: the Raptors have lost 2 major pieces in 2 seasons without bringing back any NBA talent yet Giannis 2021 :lol: that most definitely that powda some of you guys are sniffing. hell for all we know OG leaves next. This team is leaking oil and we’re not bringing in proven NBA talent but we’re losing them even after winning a championship. What proven NBA players have we attract after winning a championship ? (Cricket sounds) It was great bringing Fred back but we’re not bringing in free agents on the market from other teams. Who knows maybe Masai and Bobby pull a rabbit out of a hat now but things are not looking as good as it did when Fred signed his deal. Some of these Raptors reporters fooled you guys into thinking they knew something :lol: I mean Grange was the only one with some decent info :lol: let’s see if Masai and Bobby have a plan B.. god I hope that plan b is not bengay buckled knee’s Gasol. I rather go with Hernandez or some European league talent to be truthful.

Leafs fans and jays fans :lol:

go leafs go, go leafs go, go leafs go. Yea we might be going to join them at the f...... golf course.

Mascot
Lead Assistant
And1: 972

Post#320 » by Mascot » Sun Nov 22, 2020 10:31 am

RaptorsNorth wrote:
Mascot wrote:I wanted him back for 1 year
guess he wanted 2

not really...its about as likely as Giannis

Return to Toronto Raptors