No news on Brandon Ingram

Moderators: ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris

jimbo7
Freshman
And1: 12

No news on Brandon Ingram 

Post#1 » by jimbo7 » Sat Nov 21, 2020 11:57 pm

There hasn’t been any news on Ingram. I thought I read somewhere that pelicans are going to keep him. He had some health concerns, I think it was blood clots that could be career ending, so I can see why teams are hesitant. I heard that he is healthy now. I think the knicks should offer him the max and force the Pelicans to make a decision. I think he would be a good fit on the knicks. Rj and Ingram can handle the ball and the pg duties in offense and have frank defend the pgs
Bologna Smasher
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,182

Re: No news on Brandon Ingram 

Post#2 » by Bologna Smasher » Sat Nov 21, 2020 11:59 pm

I'm pretty sure the Pelicans have already offered him his max. They're probably holding off on signing the deal until the Pelicans are done with their other moves.
Sactowndog
Kings Forum Mock Draft Champ
And1: 1,706

Post#3 » by Sactowndog » Sat Nov 21, 2020 11:59 pm

How much space do the Knicks have?
Alonzo_Morning
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,624

Post#4 » by Alonzo_Morning » Sun Nov 22, 2020 12:02 am

Sactowndog wrote:How much space do the Knicks have?

In their trophy cabinet?

Oodles
_MidNight_
RealGM
And1: 7,269

Post#5 » by _MidNight_ » Sun Nov 22, 2020 12:03 am

He's waiting on Masai like we all are.
Alonzo_Morning
Lead Assistant

Post#6 » by Alonzo_Morning » Sun Nov 22, 2020 12:04 am

Bologna Smasher wrote:I'm pretty sure the Pelicans have already offered him his max. They're probably holding off on signing the deal until the Pelicans are done with their other moves.

Well he's had the qualifying offer extended to him by not the max contract yet.

We're still finalising the bloody Adams trade
Sactowndog
Kings Forum Mock Draft Champ
And1: 1,706

Post#7 » by Sactowndog » Sun Nov 22, 2020 12:18 am

Sactowndog wrote:How much space do the Knicks have?

Possible they could make an above market offer to Bogdanovic and Ingram to play together. That would be a worry.
donato
Junior
And1: 611

Post#8 » by donato » Sun Nov 22, 2020 7:05 am

clowntown thread
Marcus_Shart
Starter
And1: 3,599

Post#9 » by Marcus_Shart » Sun Nov 22, 2020 7:18 am

Nobody can see him........................

Spoiler:
he turned sideways
Alonzo_Morning
Lead Assistant

Post#10 » by Alonzo_Morning » Sun Nov 22, 2020 9:35 am

Bologna Smasher wrote:I'm pretty sure the Pelicans have already offered him his max. They're probably holding off on signing the deal until the Pelicans are done with their other moves.

There is an issue with matching salaries in the Jrue, Adams, Hill etc. transaction(s).

We're ~2.5 mil short with no suitable assets ready to go. On top of that is Adams' 7.5% trade kicker to deal with.

Melli is the cheapest guy currently on the books at about 9k, then Lonzo @ 11k. Never planned on using either these guys as salary filer, so that's kind of a big problem.

This blockage appears to be stopping the Pels from doing any other business in the mean time.

Not very ideal
FreeSpiritNY
Veteran
And1: 1,285

Post#11 » by FreeSpiritNY » Sun Nov 22, 2020 9:41 am

Sign and trade with the knicks we will give you knox and DSJ and maybe bullock now you have the pieces to complete your deal while getting two young players.

This is one player I really want knicks to get. He does it all.
Alonzo_Morning
Lead Assistant

Post#12 » by Alonzo_Morning » Sun Nov 22, 2020 9:43 am

FreeSpiritNY wrote:Sign and trade with the knicks we will give you knox and DSJ and maybe bullock now you have the pieces to complete your deal while getting two young players.

We're far from out of options yet you little weasel
FreeSpiritNY
Veteran

Post#13 » by FreeSpiritNY » Sun Nov 22, 2020 9:49 am

Alonzo_Morning wrote:
FreeSpiritNY wrote:Sign and trade with the knicks we will give you knox and DSJ and maybe bullock now you have the pieces to complete your deal while getting two young players.

Did I just hear something from all the way down there?
FreeSpiritNY
Veteran

Post#14 » by FreeSpiritNY » Sun Nov 22, 2020 9:50 am

Alonzo_Morning wrote:

Did I just hear something from all the way down there? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
kan_t
Pro Prospect
And1: 725

Post#15 » by kan_t » Sun Nov 22, 2020 9:52 am

Alonzo_Morning wrote:

There is an issue with matching salaries in the Jrue, Adams, Hill etc. transaction(s).

We're ~2.5 mil short with no suitable assets ready to go. On top of that is Adams' 7.5% trade kicker to deal with.

Melli is the cheapest guy currently on the books at about 9k, then Lonzo @ 11k. Never planned on using either these guys as salary filer, so that's kind of a big problem.

This blockage appears to be stopping the Pels from doing any other business in the mean time.

Not very ideal

That would be a very poor assets management if the Pelicans need to add even more assets in order to get Adams.
Bologna Smasher
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,182

Post#16 » by Bologna Smasher » Sun Nov 22, 2020 9:52 am

Alonzo_Morning wrote:

Not very ideal

They also offered Cheatham the qualifying offer, right? If he accepts that they can't trade him to use in a potential sign and trade. :lol:

Should be interesting.
Phreak50
Lead Assistant
And1: 10,962

Post#17 » by Phreak50 » Sun Nov 22, 2020 9:53 am

There's literally this exact thread halfway down the first page...
Alonzo_Morning
Lead Assistant

Post#18 » by Alonzo_Morning » Sun Nov 22, 2020 9:59 am

Phreak50 wrote:There's literally this exact thread halfway down the first page...

Two unofficial, almost identical threads loose in the wild?

Why didn't you have a go at the person who made the duplicate thread you hypocrite?
Alonzo_Morning
Lead Assistant

Post#19 » by Alonzo_Morning » Sun Nov 22, 2020 10:03 am

kan_t wrote:
Alonzo_Morning wrote:

Not very ideal

That would be a very poor assets management if the Pelicans need to add even more assets in order to get Adams.

I don't think you can lie 100% of the blame on the Pels.

Remember, there's 4 different teams involved. Adams wasn't even going to be included in the first place, a lot of it was organised completely on the fly. Definitely not your run of the mill trade.

Plus, you can't keep the war chest stocked with X amount of assets, with differing values depending on what you may for trades you don't even know you'll be doing yet. It's just not practical.

I'm actually surprised we don't see this type of problem arise more commonly for the sheer unpredictability of it all.
prophet_of_rage
RealGM
And1: 6,639

Post#20 » by prophet_of_rage » Sun Nov 22, 2020 10:09 am

Usually teams have more than a week to figure it out.

Sent from my SM-N970W using Tapatalk

Return to The General Board