ImageImageImage

2020 Preseason Speculation - Lineup battles underway

Moderators: bwgood77, Qwigglez, lilfishi22

SunsRback4Good
RealGM
And1: 11,250

Re: 2020 Season/Offseason (FA/Trade) Speculation - CP3 added...who's next? 

Post#2981 » by SunsRback4Good » Sun Nov 22, 2020 8:41 am

Also, I've been thinking if Baynes departs our team I could see his next destination being Lakers or Toronto. Both teams are in need of a good center considering Lakers lost Dwight and Raptors Ibaka & possibly Gasol.
SunsRback4Good
RealGM

Post#2982 » by SunsRback4Good » Sun Nov 22, 2020 8:44 am

Walt_Uoob wrote:SO PUMPED THAT CARTER IS BACK!!! Jones is being true to his word here by bringing back one of our most hardworking professionals and two-way fiends. I'm not trying to say he should be high in the rotation but I'm certain he's great for this team overall.

Sent from my moto x4 using RealGM mobile app

Carter is a great role player that doesn't do anything stupid and plays hard nosed defense. Love the fight in him as he reminds me of mini P.J Tucker. Come playoff time his intensity on other great guards will be greatly needed.
Ghost of Kleine
Master of Tweets
And1: 6,382

Post#2983 » by Ghost of Kleine » Sun Nov 22, 2020 8:58 am

SunsRback4Good wrote:Also, I've been thinking if Baynes departs our team I could see his next destination being Lakers or Toronto. Both teams are in need of a good center considering Lakers lost Dwight and Raptors Ibaka & possibly Gasol.

If that's the case, I'd much rather trade Baynes to Toronto than ever look to help Le ' Douche and the Flakers. Even to Baynes benefit. But IF we ever did lose our minds and agreed to this, For me, The package would have to at the very least be Baynes for Quinn Cook, Javale McGee, and Kostas Antetokoumpo. :dontknow:

But I'd push for him to go to any other team first!
SunsRback4Good
RealGM

Post#2984 » by SunsRback4Good » Sun Nov 22, 2020 9:03 am

Ghost of Kleine wrote:
SunsRback4Good wrote:Also, I've been thinking if Baynes departs our team I could see his next destination being Lakers or Toronto. Both teams are in need of a good center considering Lakers lost Dwight and Raptors Ibaka & possibly Gasol.

If that's the case, I'd much rather trade Baynes to Toronto than ever look to help Le ' Douche and the Flakers. Even to Baynes benefit. But IF we ever did lose our minds and agreed to this, For me, The package would have to at the very least be Baynes for Quinn Cook, Javale McGee, and Kostas Antetokoumpo. :dontknow:

Yeah, very difficult trading your player to other rival especially being it the Lakers in the same division. And if the trade happens I'd be happy with Baynes for McGree straight up but obviously won't work since contacts aren't equal. MCgree has been on plenty of playoff teams and once playoffs role around another veteran would help.
Kerrsed
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 16,578

Post#2985 » by Kerrsed » Sun Nov 22, 2020 9:21 am

Mr Puddles wrote:
Kerrsed wrote:
Read on Twitter

I'm not quite sure who the scantily glad young lady in your Avatar is, but I'm big mad that she's back.

You dont know Belle Delphine?

Spoiler:

Prepare to go down a wild rabbit hole! Unfortunately her Youtube was just shutdown again, but i found a couple re-uploads of a few recent ones. Parental Advisory, might be a lil NSFW.

Ok, i see those got age restricted, so to see just click on the "Watch On Youtube" link. I think you also have to have a Youtube account (Which everyone should have by now).
Its #DUMPSTERFIRE SEASON! #TeamTRAINWRECK -KERRSED- The Mod, The Myth, The Legend
Kerrsed
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#2986 » by Kerrsed » Sun Nov 22, 2020 9:36 am

Ok, so Lakers have Harrell at C and still have McGee. Word is they are still looking for some Beef there (Need some size) and thats why they are after Gasol. Would Baynes fit the bill, of course, problem is they dont have the cash. it would have to be a sign and trade, and there is no way im helping the Lakers get Baynes. I hear if they dont get Gasol they just might retain Cousins. He tore his ACL a month prior to the start of the season and will is supposedly ready to play. McGee/Cousins should be fine in the 12 or so minutes off the bench that Harrell isnt playing.

Honestly there isnt much from "Contending Teams" that we could get for Baynes as there isnt many of them that still have a major need for a C. I'd just talk to him and tell him, "Look, we got a nice squad, stay here for the year and he can test out FA next season to see if he can land somewhere better for more money". If thats a no go and he still wants out, well good luck, there arnt many good teams left that have money to pay him and we wont do a S&T that we dont like the return. Leave the ball in his court as what to do.
Its #DUMPSTERFIRE SEASON! #TeamTRAINWRECK -KERRSED- The Mod, The Myth, The Legend
SunsRback4Good
RealGM

Post#2987 » by SunsRback4Good » Sun Nov 22, 2020 9:47 am

What happens to Kaminsky? Seems like we are trading our second tier best players while Frank is still on our team. If you told me that Frank would still be on our team after losing 5 players in the off season I'd think your crazy.
Kerrsed
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#2988 » by Kerrsed » Sun Nov 22, 2020 9:54 am

SunsRback4Good wrote:What happens to Kaminsky? Seems like we are trading our second tier best players while Frank is still on our team. If you told me that Frank would still be on our team after losing 5 players in the off season I'd think your crazy.

We already released him.

Read on Twitter
Saberestar
RealGM
And1: 14,637

Post#2989 » by Saberestar » Sun Nov 22, 2020 10:00 am

Well, looking at the salaries that PF/Cs have gotten so far in FA I am pretty sure that the minimum contract that Saric will got is $27M/3 years. Jacob Poeltl got that from the Spurs and he is basically worse than Saric.

Favors got $30M/3 years from the Jazz and I think he is a good example of a backup PF/C who can play occasionally an starting role, so that's where Saric belongs.

Favors is older and declining already, so I expect Saric to get a bit more than him for that reason.

All in all I predict a $36M/3 years contract for him or $44M/4 years.
nevetsov
Head Coach
And1: 1,709

Post#2990 » by nevetsov » Sun Nov 22, 2020 10:00 am

Kerrsed wrote:Ok, so Lakers have Harrell at C and still have McGee. Word is they are still looking for some Beef there (Need some size) and thats why they are after Gasol. Would Baynes fit the bill, of course, problem is they dont have the cash. it would have to be a sign and trade, and there is no way im helping the Lakers get Baynes. I hear if they dont get Gasol they just might retain Cousins. He tore his ACL a month prior to the start of the season and will is supposedly ready to play. McGee/Cousins should be fine in the 12 or so minutes off the bench that Harrell isnt playing.

Lakers might actually have a better squad than last season :(

Schroder, Caruso
KCP, Matthews
James, Kuzma
Davis, Morris
Harrell, McGee

Hate these guys.
thamadkant
Suns Forum Picker of Cherries
And1: 7,771

Post#2991 » by thamadkant » Sun Nov 22, 2020 10:10 am

Lakers know their identify is size.

That's how they won the ring... Size with perimeter defense also.

Hopefully Gasol re-signs with Raptors... And Baynes go to Boston or Clippers or something.. Or even Warriors.
Kerrsed
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#2992 » by Kerrsed » Sun Nov 22, 2020 10:25 am

nevetsov wrote:
Kerrsed wrote:Ok, so Lakers have Harrell at C and still have McGee. Word is they are still looking for some Beef there (Need some size) and thats why they are after Gasol. Would Baynes fit the bill, of course, problem is they dont have the cash. it would have to be a sign and trade, and there is no way im helping the Lakers get Baynes. I hear if they dont get Gasol they just might retain Cousins. He tore his ACL a month prior to the start of the season and will is supposedly ready to play. McGee/Cousins should be fine in the 12 or so minutes off the bench that Harrell isnt playing.

Lakers might actually have a better squad than last season :(

Schroder, Caruso
KCP, Matthews
James, Kuzma
Davis, Morris
Harrell, McGee

Hate these guys.

Oh, without a doubt they did. I mean who did they all lose? Rondo/D12/Green.

Schroder is an improvement over Rondo. Rondo's strength has been his playmaking and defense. His D has been majorly slipping, and most of the playmaking has been stripped away from him since Lebron pretty much runs the point and controls the offense. Makes sense to replace him with a younger guard who averaged 18PPG from attacking the rim and hitting 3's (38%) while also possessing passible defense.

Harrell is an improvement over Howard. He has much more range than Howard, rebounds about the same, stronger on defense, and can hit FT's at a better clip.

Matthews is identical to Green at a fraction of the price.

Read on Twitter

Rich Paul was also able to convince AD to take less money on his new deal so they can retain KCP (Another Rich Paul client). Word is that Davis plans on going the Lebron route and signing small term 1+1 deals, with player options for that 2nd season. Makes him a FA pretty much every year and able to sign a much bigger deal everytime, but also have the ability to pick up his player option if for some reason he gets badly injured. The PO is basically insurance for him.

I find it amazing that they got Schroder for as cheap as they did. While Presti is out here burning every team in the league and dragging them over the fire for every deal, somehow he let the Lakers have a pass for an expiring Green an the #28 Pick in a bad draft. I dont get it. OKC then used that #28 to package it with Rubio for the #17 Pick (Aleksej Pokuševski) and James Johnson. Looks like Rubio didnt hold that much value because all they really got for him was the ability to move up 11 places in the draft.
Saberestar
RealGM
And1: 14,637

Post#2993 » by Saberestar » Sun Nov 22, 2020 10:33 am

thamadkant wrote:Lakers know their identify is size.

Hopefully Gasol re-signs with Raptors... And Baynes go to Boston or Clippers or something.. Or even Warriors.

I think their identity is...LeBron and AD.

I do not care about McGee, Howard (who played around 10 mpg in the Finals) or now Harrell, that team wins because they have those two monsters together.
No need to overthink it.
Kerrsed
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#2994 » by Kerrsed » Sun Nov 22, 2020 10:58 am

Im hoping a bad team comes out the blue and makes somekind of stupid bold move that leaves a hole at C.

Take Orlando. Honestly they have nothing going on really. Fultz is their starting PG. He has played better since his days in Philly, but he still isnt that good. They just lost Augustine. The only other PG is Rookie Cole Anthony. Now they would be dumb to do this, but as we have seen, some teams do really dumb things to try to change course. Trade Vuc and Fournier's expiring PO to Houston for Westbrook. Westbrook/Ross/Aminu/Gordon/?????. I'd take a Fultz or Bamba in return for Baynes while also sending him to the East. While Vuc is a great C, i'd almost beg to differ and say that the Magic would do better with Westbrook/Baynes than Fultz/Vuc.

Same thing goes with the Knicks. They can say they arnt interested in Westbrook all they want, but when there are rumors that they are interested in trading for John Wall then you know they have Westbrook as an option as well.

One team that i think SHOULD go for Westbrook is the Pelicans. Bledsoe/Westbrook/Ingram/Zion/Addams. Say what you want, thats a tough team. Westbrook and Bledsoe (And Zion for that matter) are all on 3 year deals. Run with that for the next 3 years and see where that gets you. Let Westbrook and Bledsoe expire if you want and re-up Zion. Now a team like that could benefit from having another tough C, but one who can spread the floor for Zion. Besides Addams Defense, i dont really like his fit there, but still it would be a tough team.

Just thinking there are still some big names that will be on the move soon, and it could alter what some of these teams look like and need, not to mention if a few need a 3rd team to get the deal done, Baynes just might fit the bill.
oddity
Pro Prospect
And1: 1,080

Post#2995 » by oddity » Sun Nov 22, 2020 11:24 am

Saberestar wrote:

I think their identity is...LeBron and AD.

I do not care about McGee, Howard (who played around 10 mpg in the Finals) or now Harrell, that team wins because they have those two monsters together.
No need to overthink it.

But it definitely helped that the Lakers had guys that could defend Jokic & Murray
Living off borrowed time the clock ticks faster...
Flying Colors
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,489

Post#2996 » by Flying Colors » Sun Nov 22, 2020 11:42 am

Honestly the way this is team is set up now, there pretty much no more excuses for Booker or Ayton to not deliver. Booker has to be more aggressive defensively, and Ayton has to be more aggressive in general. No excuses.
BobbieL
RealGM
And1: 6,785

Post#2997 » by BobbieL » Sun Nov 22, 2020 1:48 pm

Ghost of Kleine wrote:

I think Baynes to Toronto makes sense if GAsol doesn't go back there. Ibaka went to the Clippers - solid move for them. But Baynes to Toronto - I like it for him

Saric - just take the QO and call it. Not sure I am ready to give him 3/30 or so - meaning Favors/Poetl money. But the Suns are over the cap next year anyway with Paul so what does it matter

Just get a guard now with the 3.6 BAE and call it good
Frank Lee
RealGM
And1: 9,093

Post#2998 » by Frank Lee » Sun Nov 22, 2020 2:35 pm

matt131 wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=19

That’s telling

We are at 11 now... with Saric on deck. I’d bet we have a standing offer on the table for Baynes. You’d think something will be happening with him soon.

We have 4 mandatory slots to fill...ink Dario and it’s 3....and I think you can carry 17. Gleague is up in the air this yr, and we semi nixed it anyway, so that practice facility might really be beneficial.

Interesting big dudes left, assuming we sign Saric.

Youngsters
CBoucher ... sleepy good, can get better. Long, bouncy, swatty
Len... he is still a big dude, and still kind of cranky. Might be too rough on DA in practice.
Hernagomez... smart player, limited but not a liability
Giles ... does he just need a place to settle and thrive?

Oldsters
Baynes ... come on big beard, run one to two more
Ersan ilysova ... could of had him way back when for a song, and it remains the same.

I’m not so worried about the guard spot. May be get Yogi F for cheapy cheap? Shabazz ?
I’ll bet it’s already been discussed, if CP goes lame, then it’s point Book time. There arent many pgs left that are upgrades over Payne and Carter for that matter.

Pickins getting slim. Just try to add 3 from the list left.
What ? Me Worry ?
Frank Lee
RealGM
And1: 9,093

Post#2999 » by Frank Lee » Sun Nov 22, 2020 2:38 pm

And you definitely give Saric 3 for 30
What ? Me Worry ?
Bogyo
Analyst
And1: 2,254

Post#3000 » by Bogyo » Sun Nov 22, 2020 2:40 pm

So, why no news on Saric?
Maybe the 4/%5 spots are getting a bit crowded, and it would not be in his best intrest to come back and get lost in the shuffle, especially if we plan on playing the rookie more than 10 mpg?

At 5 we'll have Ayton play around 32 mins, so we have about 16 left. Saric was good for the rest in the bubble.
At 4 Crowder will be playing about 28 (?) Johnson earned at least 20 mpg with his shooting and D last year, at least half of those could/should come at PF, rest as SF. Saric also played PF some and the possible 16 minutes at C might not be enough for him. So where do the rookies minutes come from, and who gets pushed back into a (much) lesser role?

Return to Phoenix Suns