Ibaka to the Clips. Dang.
spearsy23
RealGM
And1: 7,459

Re: Trades, Transactions and Ideas Thread 

Post#822 » by spearsy23 » Sun Nov 22, 2020 6:04 am

Dadouv47 wrote:
spearsy23 wrote:
ThunderBolt wrote:I’m sure they’ll be more but I think it’s winding down now.

I'd imagine hill is gone before the season. If there's a market for Ariza he will be, or else he'll be bought out.

my bad about Okafor

Not so sure if Hill is gone before the season. Someone suggested on the trade board Hill to the Sixers for Zhaire and filler. I liked the idea (maybe Philly will try to see how it works with Curry before). The Clippers could use him but no good return.
We may probably wait until trade deadline or next offseason...no rush

No clue if there's a market for Ariza. Don't think so...

If there's any market we need to dump them before the season just for the roster spots.
“If you're getting stops and you're making threes and the other team's not scoring, that's when you're going to see a huge point difference there,” coach Billy Donovan said.
spearsy23
RealGM

Post#823 » by spearsy23 » Sun Nov 22, 2020 6:06 am

The Knicks have heard Kentucky guys end up really good, then they signed/drafted all the underachieving ones.
“If you're getting stops and you're making threes and the other team's not scoring, that's when you're going to see a huge point difference there,” coach Billy Donovan said.
ThunderBolt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,188

Post#824 » by ThunderBolt » Sun Nov 22, 2020 9:57 am

spearsy23 wrote:The Knicks have heard Kentucky guys end up really good, then they signed/drafted all the underachieving ones.

Maybe we can help them out and trade them Diallo.
bisme37 wrote:If there were magnets in basketballs so strong they changed the path of the ball as it flew through the air, wouldn't the ball then stick magnetically to the rim when it got there?
ThunderBolt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#825 » by ThunderBolt » Sun Nov 22, 2020 10:39 am

The hold up in the Adams trade is new orleeans needs to add some salary. Adams has a trade kicker. It will be interesting to see how it gets resolved. It’s above my head at this point.
bisme37 wrote:If there were magnets in basketballs so strong they changed the path of the ball as it flew through the air, wouldn't the ball then stick magnetically to the rim when it got there?
getrichordie
General Manager
And1: 2,308

Post#826 » by getrichordie » Sun Nov 22, 2020 1:11 pm

ThunderBolt wrote:The hold up in the Adams trade is new orleeans needs to add some salary. Adams has a trade kicker. It will be interesting to see how it gets resolved. It’s above my head at this point.

Who is reporting that there is a hold up? Did Okafor going to DET not solve that issue?
[twitter] @thunderdustin
slick_watts
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 6,026

Post#827 » by slick_watts » Sun Nov 22, 2020 1:26 pm

ThunderBolt wrote:The hold up in the Adams trade is new orleeans needs to add some salary. Adams has a trade kicker. It will be interesting to see how it gets resolved. It’s above my head at this point.

if adams doesn't amend his trade bonus at all, nicolo melli is insufficient to bridge the gap. and NOP may want to reduce or eliminate the draft compensation going out if they are forced to let NAW go.

i don't see any way for the thunder to convince adams to leave money on the table if he's unwilling. so the only other way i can see this trade getting done is if the thunder find a team willing to compensate the pelicans what they want for NAW, or if the pelicans include e'twuan moore into the proceedings.
ThunderBolt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#828 » by ThunderBolt » Sun Nov 22, 2020 1:29 pm

getrichordie wrote:

Who is reporting that there is a hold up? Did Okafor going to DET not solve that issue?

Read the tweet and string of tweets below.

Read on Twitter
ThunderBolt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#829 » by ThunderBolt » Sun Nov 22, 2020 1:32 pm

slick_watts wrote:

if adams doesn't amend his trade bonus at all, nicolo melli is insufficient to bridge the gap. and NOP may want to reduce or eliminate the draft compensation going out if they are forced to let NAW go.

i don't see any way for the thunder to convince adams to leave money on the table if he's unwilling. so the only other way i can see this trade getting done is if the thunder find a team willing to compensate the pelicans what they want for NAW, or if the pelicans include e'twuan moore into the proceedings.

If Melli is added, how much would Adams have to leave on the table? Doesn't seem like much.
Old Man Game
Head Coach
And1: 4,289

Post#830 » by Old Man Game » Sun Nov 22, 2020 2:13 pm

Even Woj stressed the deal was complicated but agreed to in principle. I'm guessing that means they know it's going to get done, they are just ironing out final details. I think we can take it to the bank that formalities like this trade kicker aren't going to sink the deal once Woj has reported it.
spearsy23
RealGM

Post#831 » by spearsy23 » Sun Nov 22, 2020 2:48 pm

Could mke be waiting on a bogdonavic sign and trade to loop in the kings? Haven't looked at cap numbers, so not sure if there is a way that works.
slick_watts
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#832 » by slick_watts » Sun Nov 22, 2020 4:20 pm

bobby marks, in his free agency roundup this morning, has henrich williams and zylan cheatham both on the thunder's depth chart. although nothing official to my knowledge has been reported on their involvement in the adams trade, there has been some speculation that they could be (via complicated s&t maneuvering) in order to get a deal done.
thor19
Junior
And1: 65

Post#833 » by thor19 » Sun Nov 22, 2020 4:28 pm

Read on Twitter
/photo/1
thor19
Junior

Post#834 » by thor19 » Sun Nov 22, 2020 4:30 pm

Why we dont sign harry giles? Also how many centers do we need? And how many player do we have?
slick_watts
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#835 » by slick_watts » Sun Nov 22, 2020 4:36 pm

moses brown improved a lot in the g-league last year from his freshman season at ucla. i like this use of the 2-way slot.
thedoppelganger
Senior
And1: 499

Post#836 » by thedoppelganger » Sun Nov 22, 2020 4:44 pm

Knicks supposedly whiffed on getting DJ Augustin to join, might be a landing spot for Hill given the lack of shooting they have at the guard rotation and ~$20 mil in space.
ThunderBolt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#837 » by ThunderBolt » Sun Nov 22, 2020 4:49 pm

thor19 wrote:Why we dont sign harry giles? Also how many centers do we need? And how many player do we have?

Not enough roster spots. Also he has had two torn acls so perhaps he has viewed as being close to his ceiling.

And Portland just signed him.

Read on Twitter
thor19
Junior

Post#838 » by thor19 » Sun Nov 22, 2020 5:18 pm

ThunderBolt wrote:
thor19 wrote:Why we dont sign harry giles? Also how many centers do we need? And how many player do we have?

Not enough roster spots. Also he has had two torn acls so perhaps he has viewed as being close to his ceiling.

And Portland just signed him.

Read on Twitter

Ok, the only player I think we are going to sign is Andre Roberson?
slick_watts
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#839 » by slick_watts » Sun Nov 22, 2020 5:20 pm

thor19 wrote:Ok, the only player I think we are going to sign is Andre Roberson?

unless there are more big trades we aren't signing anyone else. we don't have enough roster spots even just for the players reported to be heading here.
Dadouv47
Forum Mod - Thunder
Forum Mod - Thunder
And1: 6,076

Post#840 » by Dadouv47 » Sun Nov 22, 2020 6:20 pm

We are definitely going to have 2 teams in next regular season.

Return to Oklahoma City Thunder