Knicks/Raptors/Spurs

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

Bentley1225
RealGM
And1: 1,562

Knicks/Raptors/Spurs 

Post#1 » by Bentley1225 » Sun Nov 22, 2020 2:40 pm

I’ll offer this idea for:
-FVV to become starting PG, Raptors get stop gap starting C
-Knicks get veteran PG to lead young team
-Spurs get younger

To Knicks
-Kyle Lowry (1 year, $30.5 million)

To Raptors
-Dennis Smith Jr (1 year, $5.7 million)
-Lamarcus Aldridge (1 year, $24 million)
-2021 Dallas 1st round pick via New York

To San Antonio (Trade Aldridge)
-Julius Randle (1 year, $18.9 million plus $4 million guaranteed)

Why?
-Knicks get veteran PG to lead young group while creating $4 million more in 2021 cap space
-Raps get veteran frontcourt piece on expiring deal to replace Ibaka while getting DSJ who can backup FVV
-Spurs get a younger frontcourt piece while taking $5.1 million off the books short term.
Yenrallik1111
Sixth Man
And1: 329

Re: Knicks/Raptors/Spurs 

Post#2 » by Yenrallik1111 » Sun Nov 22, 2020 3:15 pm

Bentley1225 wrote:I’ll offer this idea for:
-Spurs get younger

To Knicks

To Raptors

Why?
-Knicks get veteran PG to lead young group while creating $4 million more in 2021 cap space
-Raps get veteran frontcourt piece on expiring deal to replace Ibaka while getting DSJ who can backup FVV
-Spurs get a younger frontcourt piece while taking $5.1 million off the books short term.

big time no thank you. DSJ is nothing but salary filler, Raptors do not need another small guard collecting DNPs. the New York pick could be interesting but I am not aware of the protections. Likely a good idea to have that explanation in the OP. Also, Lamarcus is not a starting center at all, he has never liked playing the position. A team could never depend on him to play starting center for their team, maybe spot minutes here and there. he mostly shoots mid range shots, doesn't get in the post, doesn't bang or rebound well, and his defense is blah. plus he is no spring chicken. Lowry just holds way too much value to give him up for this poo poo platter of an offer
Mr Swagtastic
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 3,194

Post#3 » by Mr Swagtastic » Sun Nov 22, 2020 6:01 pm

Toronto says no. Aldridge while still a decent player isn't what he used to be. I mean what's the point after this deal? With that new look team Toronto is in that 4-8 seed trying to see if they can make a conference semis again. I don't like DSJ here we have a couple younger guys in Flynn and Davis who are better off. The Dallas pick isn't great it's going to be a late 20's pick.

Kyle should go to a team that is contending and this deal isn't it also Toronto should be able to grab a decent prospect better than DSJ
Lord Leoshes wrote:i personally would rather keep Chalmers over Lowry
Chinook
Head Coach
And1: 3,473

Post#4 » by Chinook » Sun Nov 22, 2020 6:36 pm

I wouldn't trade LMA for Randle without compensation going to SA. Spurs don't need to get worse on the court and take up cap space next year for three.
jimmy keys
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,889

Post#5 » by jimmy keys » Sun Nov 22, 2020 8:53 pm

Yenrallik1111 wrote:
-Spurs get younger

To Knicks

To Raptors

Why?

big time no thank you. DSJ is nothing but salary filler, Raptors do not need another small guard collecting DNPs. the New York pick could be interesting but I am not aware of the protections. Likely a good idea to have that explanation in the OP. Also, Lamarcus is not a starting center at all, he has never liked playing the position. A team could never depend on him to play starting center for their team, maybe spot minutes here and there. he mostly shoots mid range shots, doesn't get in the post, doesn't bang or rebound well, and his defense is blah. plus he is no spring chicken. Lowry just holds way too much value to give him up for this poo poo platter of an offer

that's Canadian for **** off :lol: .
Yenrallik1111
Sixth Man
And1: 329

Post#6 » by Yenrallik1111 » Sun Nov 22, 2020 9:18 pm

jimmy keys wrote:
Yenrallik1111 wrote:
-Spurs get younger

To Knicks

To Raptors

Why?

that's Canadian for **** off :lol: .

well, do not want to come across disrespectful. I am new here afterall :P

Return to Trades and Transactions