ImageImage

Bucks News, Trade Ideas, Transactions

Moderators: paulpressey25, MickeyDavis

Rstuedes24
Pro Prospect
And1: 701

Re: Bucks News, Trade Ideas, Transactions - Pat is Back! 

Post#1081 » by Rstuedes24 » Sun Nov 22, 2020 3:13 pm

JayMKE wrote:
bigdog34 wrote:Why hasn’t the Holliday trade been confirmed yet?

I think there are details still getting worked out, I remember seeing a tweet a few pages back about it possibly being expanded. Hopefully its not another **** up.

OKC and Denver were added but apparently there’s more going on that hasn’t been worked out
MiCo7
Freshman
And1: 29

Post#1082 » by MiCo7 » Sun Nov 22, 2020 3:15 pm

Hopefully we get another player, highly unlikely....
Rstuedes24 wrote:
JayMKE wrote:
bigdog34 wrote:Why hasn’t the Holliday trade been confirmed yet?

I think there are details still getting worked out, I remember seeing a tweet a few pages back about it possibly being expanded. Hopefully its not another **** up.

OKC and Denver were added but apparently there’s more going on that hasn’t been worked out

Sent from my SM-T510 using RealGM mobile app
pilprin
Pro Prospect
And1: 87

Post#1083 » by pilprin » Sun Nov 22, 2020 3:18 pm

greekbuck34 wrote:So far we have:

Better starting 5 but not enough to void the wall tactic which was our main target(remember the #throughthewall tweets from Giannis).
Worse shooting
Worse Bench
Worse Depth
Destroyed chemistry
The same coach who failed to deliver on much better conditions 2 seasons in a row.
Lakers,Sixers, Nets are far stronger this year, Miami more experienced and with better chemistry too.

So in Giannis contract year we basicaly said to him, we couldn't help you it's all on your hands again.

Worse shooting? Bledsoe vs. Holliday...Holliday is better...Hill or Wes vs. Dante (as of now) I'll give you Hill and Wes..the rest of the starters are the same. Bench...weaker, but I like Portis and Augustine. Still need a couple contributing members of the bench on vet mins...

Im not buying the destroyed Chemistry...this team needed some edge, too many nice guys. I don't love what MKE has done in the offseason so far, but I would have been concerned about the same things if Bogdan deal had gone down.
ShootingtheJ
Head Coach
And1: 4,497

Post#1084 » by ShootingtheJ » Sun Nov 22, 2020 3:23 pm

Better starting 5 but not enough to void the wall tactic which was our main target(remember the #throughthewall tweets from Giannis).
Worse shooting
Worse Bench
Worse Depth
Destroyed chemistry
The same coach who failed to deliver on much better conditions 2 seasons in a row.
Lakers,Sixers, Nets are far stronger this year, Miami more experienced and with better chemistry too.

So in Giannis contract year we basicaly said to him, we couldn't help you it's all on your hands again.

We have worse depth and a worse bench? Wow, both?

Also, shocking that we have this double problem while we also don't have a full roster.
WRau1
RealGM
And1: 5,144

Post#1085 » by WRau1 » Sun Nov 22, 2020 3:27 pm

Bucks are better than last year.
#FreeChuckDiesel
#FreeNowak008
#FreeNewz
greekbuck34
RealGM
And1: 11,638

Post#1086 » by greekbuck34 » Sun Nov 22, 2020 3:29 pm

pilprin wrote:

Worse shooting
Worse Bench
Worse Depth
Destroyed chemistry

Worse shooting? Bledsoe vs. Holliday...Holliday is better...Hill or Wes vs. Dante (as of now) I'll give you Hill and Wes..the rest of the starters are the same. Bench...weaker, but I like Portis and Augustine. Still need a couple contributing members of the bench on vet mins...

Im not buying the destroyed Chemistry...this team needed some edge, too many nice guys. I don't love what MKE has done in the offseason so far, but I would have been concerned about the same things if Bogdan deal had gone down.

We lost Korver who even at 39y was the most "pro" shooter we ever had, Wes who replaced Danny Green for a reason and Hill(best 3p% in the league last season). Even Ersan could still hit 3s.
Portis and Augustine can shoot but they never did it in high volume >6 APG and that's what we need to dissolve the wall in front of Giannis.

A lineup of Jrue/Augustine or Donte/Khris/Giannis/Lopez is day and night with the Jrue/Bogdan or even Wes or Hill/Khris/Giannis/Lopez in front of the wall.
GHOSTofSIKMA wrote: I think that we will do worse than last season and that Giannis is now just a mere all star. All because we switched from Bud to Griffin.
Baddy Chuck
RealGM
And1: 22,612

Post#1087 » by Baddy Chuck » Sun Nov 22, 2020 3:29 pm

I like Willie Cauley-Stein in the mobile defender, rim running big role.
John Henson wrote:This lady just asked me who I play for and I said the Milwaukee Bucks, she quickly replied “oh the highschool across the street?”
Fotis St
General Manager
And1: 2,853

Post#1088 » by Fotis St » Sun Nov 22, 2020 3:30 pm

Well while Pat lifts alot of weights , he ain't using his strength on court. He doesn't set picks and he doesn't play with physicality.
I think he lifts weights to look good, he cares more about his looks than basketball and his motive is to use his strength flexing with a woman in bed or something , not ON COURT, that's why I said he is "fake tough guy"
Draft picks: '15 Jerian Grant, '16 Thon Maker, '17 Isaiah Hartenstein/*John Collins, '18 TD Devonte Graham, Hamidou Diallo, '20 Sam Merrill, Killian Tillie, '21 Joe Wieskamp, '22 TU C.Braun/G.Procida '23 Tristan Vukcevic/Maxwell Lewis
Wonka
General Manager
And1: 4,686

Post#1089 » by Wonka » Sun Nov 22, 2020 3:34 pm

Really wish we had given Nerlens Noel a shot. WCS might be the best bet for a mobile, defensive minded guy
emunney
RealGM
And1: 36,432

Post#1090 » by emunney » Sun Nov 22, 2020 3:38 pm

Fotis St wrote:Well while Pat lifts alot of weights , he ain't using his strength on court. He doesn't set picks and he doesn't play with physicality.
I think he lifts weights to look good, he cares more about his looks than basketball and his motive is to use his strength flexing with a woman in bed or something , not ON COURT, that's why I said he is "fake tough guy"

I disagree. Pat is basically a stretch 4 in the body of a 2. He's a rock defending the post. He'll put a body on anybody when the ball's in the air. He can't defend ball handlers in space at all. He's a great rebounder. He gets beat but recovers from behind with his straight line and vertical athleticism. He's a tiny big.
Here are more legal notices regarding the Posts
machu46
General Manager
And1: 3,633

Post#1091 » by machu46 » Sun Nov 22, 2020 3:40 pm

I'd be happy to bring in WCS. We are running low on roster spots at this point though and we still need to add wings/guards. Hoping in the very least that we move DJ for some wing help and I'd be pretty happy if we swung a little bigger and moved Brook instead.
trwi7 wrote:**** me deep, Giannis. ****. Me. Deep.
MiCo7
Freshman
And1: 29

Post#1092 » by MiCo7 » Sun Nov 22, 2020 3:41 pm

Where did this come from? Do you know him personally?
Fotis St wrote:Well while Pat lifts alot of weights , he ain't using his strength on court. He doesn't set picks and he doesn't play with physicality.

Baddy Chuck
RealGM

Post#1093 » by Baddy Chuck » Sun Nov 22, 2020 3:43 pm

MiCo7 wrote:Where did this come from? Do you know him personally?

No but he scouted Semi Ojeleye and those muscles POP when he's on the court.
John Henson wrote:This lady just asked me who I play for and I said the Milwaukee Bucks, she quickly replied “oh the highschool across the street?”
Fotis St
General Manager

Post#1094 » by Fotis St » Sun Nov 22, 2020 3:47 pm

Look again ... this is my point ... I have seen the games , he aint doing those .
He is a "fake tough guy" on court, don't give a damn how strong he is if he is not using his strength on court.
And I don't give a **** where he uses his strength off court ...
Draft picks: '15 Jerian Grant, '16 Thon Maker, '17 Isaiah Hartenstein/*John Collins, '18 TD Devonte Graham, Hamidou Diallo, '20 Sam Merrill, Killian Tillie, '21 Joe Wieskamp, '22 TU C.Braun/G.Procida '23 Tristan Vukcevic/Maxwell Lewis
Baddy Chuck
RealGM

Post#1095 » by Baddy Chuck » Sun Nov 22, 2020 3:50 pm

I bet Nic Batum gives some contender some ok minutes this season.
Fotis St
General Manager

Post#1096 » by Fotis St » Sun Nov 22, 2020 3:58 pm

Baddy Chuck wrote:

No but he scouted Semi Ojeleye and those muscles POP when he's on the court.

I have seen Semi holding his ground guarding Giannis ...
I have never seen Pat being physical in any game that I remember.
All I remember is his put back slams, some straight line dunks , and him bricking alot of 3s.
He doesn't do the little things that matter on the Defensive end or Offensively such as setting a strong pick.
LUKE23
RealGM
And1: 6,213

Post#1097 » by LUKE23 » Sun Nov 22, 2020 4:01 pm

I did this before when I thought we had BB (he was 66th), but our starting five league wide RPM ranks:

Giannis: 1
Middleton: 15
Holiday: 22
Lopez: 29
DiVencenzo: 49

In terms of our major losses:

Bledsoe: 46
Matthews: 54
Hill: 76
Brown: 189
Korver: 190

Augustin is 28th overall in RPM. So the Bucks have six players in the top 49 from last year, and five in the top 30. I realize this is a very simplistic way to look at it, but interesting nonetheless.
BucksFanSD
Veteran
And1: 1,363

Post#1098 » by BucksFanSD » Sun Nov 22, 2020 4:04 pm

Fotis St wrote:that's why I said he is "fake tough guy"

Or, as Tim Thomas would say, "fugazzi".
Baddy Chuck
RealGM

Post#1099 » by Baddy Chuck » Sun Nov 22, 2020 4:06 pm

Fotis St wrote:I have seen Semi holding his ground guarding Giannis ...
I have never seen Pat being physical in any game that I remember.
All I remember is his put back slams, some straight line dunks , and him bricking alot of 3s.
He doesn't do the little things that matter on the Defensive end or Offensively such as setting a strong pick.

Here's a pretty good example of him doing just about a little of everything you're claiming he never does in the first highlight video I opened.*

*It also might be his only highlight video tbf
StickeeFingaz
RealGM
And1: 6,622

Post#1100 » by StickeeFingaz » Sun Nov 22, 2020 4:06 pm

I'll do all the worrying about why Giannis hasn't agreed to the supermax yet so you guys don't have to.
#FreeChuckDiesel

Return to Milwaukee Bucks