Free Agency, Rumors, Thoughts in General 2.0

Moderators: Trader_Joe, loserX, Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger

kalenclayton
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,716

Re: Free Agency, Rumors, Thoughts in General 2.0 

Post#301 » by kalenclayton » Sun Nov 22, 2020 5:20 pm

codydaze wrote:
Read on Twitter

I don’t like this morning.
Texas Chuck
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
And1: 88,330

Post#302 » by Texas Chuck » Sun Nov 22, 2020 5:21 pm

Forbes and Craig are much better moves for the Bucks than the choices they made yesterday. Still hate their off-season other than Jrue, but those are good gets on the minimum.
ThunderBolt wrote:I’m going to let some of you in on a little secret I learned on realgm. If you don’t like a thread, not only do you not have to comment but you don’t even have to open it and read it. You’re welcome.
Buzzard
RealGM
And1: 7,522

Post#303 » by Buzzard » Sun Nov 22, 2020 5:23 pm

kalenclayton wrote:
codydaze wrote:
Read on Twitter

I think there is a 50/50 chance the Kings match. Kings FO will not like Atlanta FO for a minute, but it is business.
BAF Pacers: Unleash Trae!

PG Ice Trae
SG Buddy Hield/Luke Kennard/Brandin Podziemski
SF OG Anunoby/Terrence Ross/Kris Murray
PF Richaun Holmes/JaMychal Green/Chris Livingston
C KAT/Mark Williams
kalenclayton
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,716

Post#304 » by kalenclayton » Sun Nov 22, 2020 5:25 pm

Buzzard wrote:
kalenclayton wrote:
codydaze wrote:
Read on Twitter

I think there is a 50/50 chance the Kings match. Kings FO will not like Atlanta FO for a minute, but it is business.

I hope, but...
Read on Twitter
Buzzard
RealGM

Post#305 » by Buzzard » Sun Nov 22, 2020 5:25 pm

Read on Twitter

PG Ice Trae
C KAT/Mark Williams
Texas Chuck

Post#306 » by Texas Chuck » Sun Nov 22, 2020 5:27 pm

Hawks should just make it $20M per. Kings don't match that and they get a good player. If this is $16M then the Kings owe the Hawks some goodwill for getting them their good player back at a number they can live with.

But the real lesson here is don't pay your 2nd best SG over $20M per knowing your best SG is a FA in a year. Self-inflicted wounds similar to the Bledsoe deal when they knew Brogdan was better and needed paying.

It's okay to let "good" players walk sometimes. It really really is. And the teams with the stones to do that, are generally the better run teams. And the teams that operate like RealGM posters who believe you just can't lose a guy for nothing are about as successful as you would expect a team run by a RealGM poster to be.
ThunderBolt wrote:I’m going to let some of you in on a little secret I learned on realgm. If you don’t like a thread, not only do you not have to comment but you don’t even have to open it and read it. You’re welcome.
HornetJail
RealGM
And1: 12,496

Post#307 » by HornetJail » Sun Nov 22, 2020 5:27 pm

at $18M a year? welcome to ATL
formerly KEMBAtheMETEOR
Texas Chuck

Post#308 » by Texas Chuck » Sun Nov 22, 2020 5:27 pm

Buzzard wrote:
Read on Twitter

So in between my fictional numbers. I think the Kings got to match that, but its close.
bibby1023
Bench Warmer
And1: 208

Post#309 » by bibby1023 » Sun Nov 22, 2020 5:28 pm

4 years for 72 mil better be matched by the Kings. Can't let him go for nothing
jayu70
RealGM
And1: 11,867

Post#310 » by jayu70 » Sun Nov 22, 2020 5:28 pm

Buzzard wrote:
pacers33granger wrote:
Scoot McGroot wrote:
Honestly, I’m wondering if Pritchard isn’t shopping Lamb/McDermott/Leaf packages with either a first or Goga in an attempt to upgrade. We’ve only really heard whispers out of Indy, but McDermott is the guy it sounds like is lost likely to move.

Yeah I think he's canvassing the league to see if there's something out there, but I highly doubt we're as involved as reports are making it seem. Hayward was the one who had the most interest in coming to Indy and it seems Bogdan's agent is trying to use Indy as some sort of leverage. Both would require relatively major shakeups which goes against what the front office has said and done for the past year.

I expect Bogdan will be signing a Hawks offer sheet a little after 12 ET today. Kings may very well match but at least something is done.

Well looky, looky....little after 12 huh, who's your source :lol:
Buzzard
RealGM

Post#311 » by Buzzard » Sun Nov 22, 2020 5:29 pm

Texas Chuck wrote:Hawks should just make it $20M per. Kings don't match that and they get a good player. If this is $16M then the Kings owe the Hawks some goodwill for getting them their good player back at a number they can live with.

But the real lesson here is don't pay your 2nd best SG over $20M per knowing your best SG is a FA in a year. Self-inflicted wounds similar to the Bledsoe deal when they knew Brogdan was better and needed paying.

It's okay to let "good" players walk sometimes. It really really is. And the teams with the stones to do that, are generally the better run teams. And the teams that operate like RealGM posters who believe you just can't lose a guy for nothing are about as successful as you would expect a team run by a RealGM poster to be.

I think Harris set Bogan's market with his 5 year @ 16 million a season. 18 million is a slight over pay but it is a year shorter @ 4 years.

PG Ice Trae
C KAT/Mark Williams
NYG
RealGM
And1: 2,546

Post#312 » by NYG » Sun Nov 22, 2020 5:33 pm

Which teams need to dump money?
kobe_vs_jordan
General Manager
And1: 4,476

Post#313 » by kobe_vs_jordan » Sun Nov 22, 2020 5:42 pm

Buzzard wrote:
Texas Chuck wrote:Hawks should just make it $20M per. Kings don't match that and they get a good player. If this is $16M then the Kings owe the Hawks some goodwill for getting them their good player back at a number they can live with.

I think Harris set Bogan's market with his 5 year @ 16 million a season. 18 million is a slight over pay but it is a year shorter @ 4 years.

Completely different skill sets IMO. Harris is a shot taker with a high assisted percentage. Brogdan a shot creator .

I see more teams willing to pay Brogdan his contract than Harris his.
kobe_vs_jordan
General Manager
And1: 4,476

Post#314 » by kobe_vs_jordan » Sun Nov 22, 2020 5:46 pm

Read on Twitter
ACMFFL
Senior
And1: 567

Post#315 » by ACMFFL » Sun Nov 22, 2020 5:46 pm

Bazemore returns to GS (Shams)
"All dreams are crazy until they come true."
Scoot McGroot
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,025

Post#316 » by Scoot McGroot » Sun Nov 22, 2020 5:50 pm

NYG wrote:Which teams need to dump money?

Indy will need to dump a little. TJ Leaf would get us enough.

My gut is that we might try and move McDermott for a TPE and a pick (GS or Philly?) and have Justin take over for Doug at the 3.
Buzzard
RealGM

Post#317 » by Buzzard » Sun Nov 22, 2020 5:50 pm

kobe_vs_jordan wrote:
Buzzard wrote:

Completely different skill sets IMO. Harris is a shot taker with a high assisted percentage. Brogdan a shot creator .

I see more teams willing to pay Brogdan his contract than Harris his.

I agree with that. I was mostly talking about the two best shooting guards in this class. Bertans and Gallinari are in their own world as 6' 10" shooters. Outside of Ingram, Hayward was the best SF. Some may like Hayward better except for his nagging injury history.

PG Ice Trae
C KAT/Mark Williams
DNP-Old
Senior
And1: 331

Post#318 » by DNP-Old » Sun Nov 22, 2020 5:57 pm

Buzzard wrote:
Read on Twitter

If I'm SAC, I match and dump Hield for anything I can get. Maybe to OKC for their least favorite future 1st.
"Be quick, don't hurry" -John Wooden-

"No one is more hated than he who speaks the truth" -Plato-
Texas Chuck

Post#319 » by Texas Chuck » Sun Nov 22, 2020 6:00 pm

DNP-Old wrote:
Buzzard wrote:
Read on Twitter

If I'm SAC, I match and dump Hield for anything I can get. Maybe to OKC for their least favorite future 1st.

OKC would demand a first, and rightfully so, for taking on that deal. He's definitely not positive value to any team taking on the entire contract. Now could the Kings maybe get a 1st back if they took on a terrible contract? Sure. Like if the Warriors were cold-blooded they could trade a first and Klay's contract for Buddy.
DNP-Old
Senior
And1: 331

Post#320 » by DNP-Old » Sun Nov 22, 2020 6:06 pm

Texas Chuck wrote:
DNP-Old wrote:
Buzzard wrote:
Read on Twitter

OKC would demand a first, and rightfully so, for taking on that deal. He's definitely not positive value to any team taking on the entire contract. Now could the Kings maybe get a 1st back if they took on a terrible contract? Sure. Like if the Warriors were cold-blooded they could trade a first and Klay's contract for Buddy.

So be it, you cut your losses and keep the better player.
"Be quick, don't hurry" -John Wooden-

"No one is more hated than he who speaks the truth" -Plato-

Return to Trades and Transactions