Chi jumps in with Hayward, Porter to Bos

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

pipfan
RealGM
And1: 3,355

Chi jumps in with Hayward, Porter to Bos 

Post#1 » by pipfan » Sun Nov 22, 2020 2:41 pm

Not sure if it is too late, but would this deal work?

Batum to Chi, along with an asset from both Bos and Char
Porter to Bos
Hayward S&T to Char

Maybe Bos sends Langford and Char sends a lottery protected 1st (would love to get Bridges, but doubt Char would do it)

Bos gets Porter, a cheaper expiring, for Hayward
Char doesn't have to eat Batum's deal
Chi gets 2 assets for a step back at SF

Also, maybe Chi could sent TYoung to Char?
Scoot McGroot
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,048

Re: Chi jumps in with Hayward, Porter to Bos 

Post#2 » by Scoot McGroot » Sun Nov 22, 2020 3:41 pm

pipfan wrote:Not sure if it is too late, but would this deal work?

Batum to Chi, along with an asset from both Bos and Char
Porter to Bos
Hayward S&T to Char

Maybe Bos sends Langford and Char sends a lottery protected 1st (would love to get Bridges, but doubt Char would do it)

Bos gets Porter, a cheaper expiring, for Hayward
Char doesn't have to eat Batum's deal
Chi gets 2 assets for a step back at SF

Also, maybe Chi could sent TYoung to Char?

If Boston does sign Tristan to the MLE, they’ll be hard capped at the apron, and I believe that Porter would put them above it by quite a bit, so they legally can’t do this without getting off other salary, and I’m not sure what other salary they’d like to get off.
ChettheJet
Head Coach
And1: 1,913

Post#3 » by ChettheJet » Sun Nov 22, 2020 4:32 pm

It is too late but the Bulls are shipping out their starting SF with Hutchison a continuing question mark and now 19 YO P Williams all they have.

I seriously doubt the Bulls would see more in Batum that CHA does when they are willing the stretch and release that #27M contract, if Batum can't play it's stupid to think the team everybody calls cheap would bring him in only to stretch and release Batum.

So unless those 2 assets are way better than throw ins this is awful for CHI
R-DAWG
RealGM
And1: 5,008

Post#4 » by R-DAWG » Sun Nov 22, 2020 4:48 pm

Boston will be hard capped after using the MLE and bi-annual exception (assuming Teague got the bi-annual). They are at about $119MM for 15 players - so $19.5MM to play with below the apron.

Creating a Hayward TPE would give them flexibility - but to use the full amount, they would need to send out $11MM in salary - and unless they move Thompson, there isn't really a path here that does not deplete the roster depth.
Scoot McGroot
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#5 » by Scoot McGroot » Sun Nov 22, 2020 5:15 pm

I’m wondering if there’s be something to be done with Chicago with both Thad and Sato, for Batum, though. Send one of them to Boston, and one to Chicago, and return a bunch of 2nds, or a lesser valued rookie contract guy to Chicago? Chicago would get a touch of value, and get off the partial guarantees for both guys, Charlotte would avoid having to stretch waive Batum while getting a useful vet (I’d assume they’d prefer Thad?), and Boston would get a useful vet, and a huge TPE to use going forward for minimal cost, though a small partial guarantee that may need to be dumped next offseason, but on a useful vet for the season.

Or sub in Felicio for one of the guys if the deal could still work. :dontknow:
pipfan
RealGM

Post#6 » by pipfan » Sun Nov 22, 2020 5:22 pm

Interesting angle Scoot-I think you are on to something, since the Bulls can't do Porter

Maybe TYoung to Char and Sato to Bos
They would help both teams. Batum can be the backup 4 for Chic, along with Porter
Would Bos send value? Char should-since they are saving A BUNCH of $ here
Scoot McGroot
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#7 » by Scoot McGroot » Sun Nov 22, 2020 5:38 pm

pipfan wrote:Interesting angle Scoot-I think you are on to something, since the Bulls can't do Porter

Maybe TYoung to Char and Sato to Bos
They would help both teams. Batum can be the backup 4 for Chic, along with Porter
Would Bos send value? Char should-since they are saving A BUNCH of $ here

I think it’s set up for Boston to pay the most value, but not a ton. Maybe Charlotte a tad bit of value to pay too?

I wonder if Boston would prefer Felicio for his lack of future salary though, and then just waive him, while getting a larger amount of TPE? They already committed to Teague, or else Sato would make a ton of sense there, though. If they take Felicio, they’d probably not pay much but a late 2nd, and Charlotte would pay a 2nd for Thad?
hugepatsfan
Head Coach
And1: 6,309

Post#8 » by hugepatsfan » Sun Nov 22, 2020 5:41 pm

Scoot McGroot wrote:I’m wondering if there’s be something to be done with Chicago with both Thad and Sato, for Batum, though. Send one of them to Boston, and one to Chicago, and return a bunch of 2nds, or a lesser valued rookie contract guy to Chicago? Chicago would get a touch of value, and get off the partial guarantees for both guys, Charlotte would avoid having to stretch waive Batum while getting a useful vet (I’d assume they’d prefer Thad?), and Boston would get a useful vet, and a huge TPE to use going forward for minimal cost, though a small partial guarantee that may need to be dumped next offseason, but on a useful vet for the season.

I really like this idea. I think we'd prefer Sato because his salary is smaller so the TPE would be $3.545M bigger. That's the real get for us. But even basketball wise, we just usually prefer to be more guard/wing centric vs front court.
Scoot McGroot
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#9 » by Scoot McGroot » Sun Nov 22, 2020 5:43 pm

hugepatsfan wrote:
Scoot McGroot wrote:I’m wondering if there’s be something to be done with Chicago with both Thad and Sato, for Batum, though. Send one of them to Boston, and one to Chicago, and return a bunch of 2nds, or a lesser valued rookie contract guy to Chicago? Chicago would get a touch of value, and get off the partial guarantees for both guys, Charlotte would avoid having to stretch waive Batum while getting a useful vet (I’d assume they’d prefer Thad?), and Boston would get a useful vet, and a huge TPE to use going forward for minimal cost, though a small partial guarantee that may need to be dumped next offseason, but on a useful vet for the season.

I really like this idea. I think we'd prefer Sato because his salary is smaller so the TPE would be $3.545M bigger. That's the real get for us. But even basketball wise, we just usually prefer to be more guard/wing centric vs front court.

I thought so, and then thought maybe Felicio (waived) would be best fit. Not take up a roster spot ultimately, no future salary, and allow Boston to create the largest TPE possible?
hugepatsfan
Head Coach
And1: 6,309

Post#10 » by hugepatsfan » Sun Nov 22, 2020 5:47 pm

Scoot McGroot wrote:
hugepatsfan wrote:

I thought so, and then thought maybe Felicio (waived) would be best fit. Not take up a roster spot ultimately, no future salary, and allow Boston to create the largest TPE possible?

Totally good with me!!! Get the other teams on the phone, I accept on behalf of ainge
pipfan
RealGM

Post#11 » by pipfan » Sun Nov 22, 2020 7:13 pm

Bos would love Sato, I would think-for depth
djFan71
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,220

Post#12 » by djFan71 » Sun Nov 22, 2020 7:18 pm

hugepatsfan wrote:
Scoot McGroot wrote:
hugepatsfan wrote:

Totally good with me!!! Get the other teams on the phone, I accept on behalf of ainge

I'm on board with this too. I started a very similar thread (but mistitled it with SAC instead of CHA...), but didn't even dream anyone would take Batum. I got Rozier going to CHI instead, Sato to CHA, Felicio to BOS.
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 32,080

Post#13 » by jbk1234 » Sun Nov 22, 2020 7:31 pm

I think the move is Young for Batum. The Bulls get off Thad's second year and the Hornets eat it in exchange for not having dead money on the books over the next three years.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J327A using RealGM mobile app
cbosh4mvp wrote:
Jarret Allen isn’t winning you anything. Garland won’t show up in the playoffs. Mobley is a glorified dunk man. Mitchell has some experience but is a liability on defense. To me, the Cavs are a treadmill team.
djFan71
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,220

Post#14 » by djFan71 » Sun Nov 22, 2020 9:09 pm

jbk1234 wrote:I think the move is Young for Batum. The Bulls get off Thad's second year and the Hornets eat it in exchange for not having dead money on the books over the next three years.

BOS still jumps in to take Felicio for that TPE. Save CHI some money this year.
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 32,080

Post#15 » by jbk1234 » Mon Nov 23, 2020 2:19 pm

djFan71 wrote:
jbk1234 wrote:I think the move is Young for Batum. The Bulls get off Thad's second year and the Hornets eat it in exchange for not having dead money on the books over the next three years.

BOS still jumps in to take Felicio for that TPE. Save CHI some money this year.

The Celtics should just take Zeller in that case, send back the guaranteed roster flotsam they don't want, and call it day. Felicio is all kinds of bad.
cbosh4mvp wrote:
Jarret Allen isn’t winning you anything. Garland won’t show up in the playoffs. Mobley is a glorified dunk man. Mitchell has some experience but is a liability on defense. To me, the Cavs are a treadmill team.

Return to Trades and Transactions