Does any team want Nic Batum?

Moderators: ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris

macNcheese3
RealGM
And1: 6,915

Re: Does any team want Nic Batum? 

Post#61 » by macNcheese3 » Sun Nov 22, 2020 12:21 am

Roy The Natural wrote:He could probably go back to Portland for the min.

I was thinking the same. Not sure if he would want to play there again though, as he wanted to leave before. Beggars can’t be choosers though. He has been injured consistently and he is a shadow of his old self. Once a nice wing defender and decent scorer.
DusterBuster
RealGM
And1: 18,961

Post#62 » by DusterBuster » Sun Nov 22, 2020 3:52 am

JimmyPlopper wrote:
DusterBuster wrote:
Pattycakes wrote:He belongs in Portland and should have never left. I know he’s washed, but it’s destiny.

Yeah, I low-key want Batum back as the Blazers backup PG to Dame.

He's probably going to an LA team tho on the cheap.

Why not Simons? He's been pretty impressive.

Impressive athletically, but still pretty raw from a skills standpoint. Blazers are a pretty veteran team this year, probably want more dependable production from backup PG.
Devilzsidewalk wrote:DB is like the ultimate Wolves troll
Blazer1776
Junior
And1: 187

Post#63 » by Blazer1776 » Sun Nov 22, 2020 3:55 am

macNcheese3 wrote:
Roy The Natural wrote:He could probably go back to Portland for the min.

I was thinking the same. Not sure if he would want to play there again though, as he wanted to leave before. Beggars can’t be choosers though. He has been injured consistently and he is a shadow of his old self. Once a nice wing defender and decent scorer.

He left because of money, everything I’ve seen indicates Batum enjoyed his time here. Unless I missed something.
davidfr94
Senior
And1: 500

Post#64 » by davidfr94 » Sun Nov 22, 2020 12:51 pm

That max contract was one of the worst in NBA entire History.

Sent from my Redmi Note 8T using RealGM mobile app
TinmanZBoy
Head Coach
And1: 4,701

Post#65 » by TinmanZBoy » Sun Nov 22, 2020 1:28 pm

davidfr94 wrote:That max contract was one of the worst in NBA entire History.

People really have short memories. The Hornets had their best season in a decade after they traded for him, his contract year too. He was a hot commodity that off season with historic cap jump, everybody considered he gave Hornets a discount by taking a little bit less than Max ... Marvin Williams gave the Hornets a discount too... the Hornets board was pretty happy then... now they are complaining non-stop...think back that squad only Kemba kept playing good level BB,Marvin was steady too his decline was due to age... of course Batum will disappoint, what else can you expect from a French man who is very talented but has not much motivation... they had experienced that before with another talent named Boris Diaw... kinda like fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me ... I would not be surprised if batum turns around with another team like Diaw did with the Spurs... just wait and see
Hi Clutchie, I love you... :kiss
MadNESS
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 3,690

Post#66 » by MadNESS » Sun Nov 22, 2020 1:30 pm

He will be coming to LAL after being waived
LAKESHOW
Apse4
Sophomore
And1: 122

Post#67 » by Apse4 » Sun Nov 22, 2020 1:32 pm

No.
Trey24
Sixth Man
And1: 2,001

Post#68 » by Trey24 » Sun Nov 22, 2020 2:48 pm

I personally can't see him playing rotation minutes on any team, especially a contender. Too bad defensively, too turnover prone offensively and isn't a good enough shooter. He can show flashes bit the negatives outweigh the positives
Trey24
Sixth Man

Post#69 » by Trey24 » Sun Nov 22, 2020 2:50 pm

Also, it isn't a given that he will be waived/stretched.

Remember, Rick Bonnell is nothing but a disinformation machine. That was put out there for posturing on this Celtics s&t because Ainge was screwing the Hornets around.
Soulyss
General Manager
And1: 3,621

Post#70 » by Soulyss » Sun Nov 22, 2020 2:53 pm

I suspect that he will sign for the minimum somewhere, but he's done.
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 32,086

Post#71 » by jbk1234 » Sun Nov 22, 2020 3:40 pm

What's crazy is they really only need to shave like $10M per off his contract. I can't believe that a team like Bulls wouldn't swap a guy like Young, who wants out anyway, in order to save money next year.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J327A using RealGM mobile app
cbosh4mvp wrote:
Jarret Allen isn’t winning you anything. Garland won’t show up in the playoffs. Mobley is a glorified dunk man. Mitchell has some experience but is a liability on defense. To me, the Cavs are a treadmill team.
Tracymcgoaty
RealGM
And1: 16,204

Post#72 » by Tracymcgoaty » Sun Nov 22, 2020 4:32 pm

Cant believe Charlotte gave this bum a contract and not Lin. Batum was a bum in the playoffs while Lin had big games. Dude sucks.
Raul
“The other day I saw one of his games. He was running with the ball at a hundred per cent full speed, I don’t know how many touches he took, maybe five or six, but the ball was glued to his foot. It’s practically impossible.”
SMTBSI
RealGM
And1: 25,281

Post#73 » by SMTBSI » Sun Nov 22, 2020 4:51 pm

Trey24 wrote:Also, it isn't a given that he will be waived/stretched.

Remember, Rick Bonnell is nothing but a disinformation machine. That was put out there for posturing on this Celtics s&t because Ainge was screwing the Hornets around.

Wait, what? How were we interacting with you in any way? There wasn't a single rumor that you were even in the picture. We were busy with Indy. No one forced you to offer 30mil a year.

I know the "Ainge is a snake" narrative is fun, but this is just taking it to silly extremes.
The Rebel
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,338

Post#74 » by The Rebel » Sun Nov 22, 2020 5:06 pm

I would not mind him for the minimum, while roster spots are hard to come by, having a veteran do it all guy at the end of the bench for spot minutes is not the worst thing.
Trey24
Sixth Man

Post#75 » by Trey24 » Sun Nov 22, 2020 5:50 pm

SMTBSI wrote:

Wait, what? How were we interacting with you in any way? There wasn't a single rumor that you were even in the picture. We were busy with Indy. No one forced you to offer 30mil a year.

I know the "Ainge is a snake" narrative is fun, but this is just taking it to silly extremes.

Rumor has it that we were trying to work with Boston and Ainge screwed us around.
SMTBSI
RealGM

Post#76 » by SMTBSI » Sun Nov 22, 2020 5:55 pm

Trey24 wrote:
SMTBSI wrote:

Rumor has it that we were trying to work with Boston and Ainge screwed us around.

What rumor? Work with us in what possible way? What was the angle? There's no incentive for us to help you get Hayward. We wanted him back.

Ainge is such a boogeyman for y'all it's unbelievable.

This is classic gaslighting. "We harmed you, but it's okay, because you're a snake and you deserve it."
Trey24
Sixth Man

Post#77 » by Trey24 » Sun Nov 22, 2020 6:03 pm

SMTBSI wrote:
Trey24 wrote:
SMTBSI wrote:Wait, what? How were we interacting with you in any way? There wasn't a single rumor that you were even in the picture. We were busy with Indy. No one forced you to offer 30mil a year.

What rumor? Work with us in what possible way? What was the angle? There's no incentive for us to help you get Hayward. We wanted him back.

This is classic gaslighting. "We harmed you, but it's okay, because you're a snake and you deserve it."

Ainge is trying to not look like an idiot for losing Hayward for nothing
SMTBSI
RealGM

Post#78 » by SMTBSI » Sun Nov 22, 2020 6:06 pm

Trey24 wrote:
SMTBSI wrote:
Trey24 wrote:Rumor has it that we were trying to work with Boston and Ainge screwed us around.

So help me fill in the gaps here.

You were trying to work with Boston to do... what? Help us save face? Sign Hayward for less money?

And Ainge apparently didn't want to save face, or help you sign Hayward away from us for less, so he screwed with you... how?

And in response to Ainge's nebulous screwing around, you decided to threaten to stretch-waive Batum? But if Ainge hadn't screwed with you, you had some other method of acquiring Hayward?

What is the narrative here? "Twitter rumor has it" is not worth anything. This is totally absurd.
Trey24
Sixth Man

Post#79 » by Trey24 » Sun Nov 22, 2020 6:11 pm

SMTBSI wrote:
Trey24 wrote:
SMTBSI wrote:What rumor? Work with us in what possible way? What was the angle? There's no incentive for us to help you get Hayward. We wanted him back.

So help me fill in the gaps here.

You were trying to work with Boston to do... what? Help us save face? Sign Hayward for less money?

And Ainge apparently didn't want to save face, or help you sign Hayward away from us for less, so he screwed with you... how?

And in response to Ainge's nebulous screwing around, you decided to threaten to stretch-waive Batum? But if Ainge hadn't screwed with you, you had some other method of acquiring Hayward?

What is the narrative here? "Twitter rumor has it" is not worth anything. This is totally absurd.

Boston helped us out last year by S&T Rozier when they could have signed Kemba outright. We were going to try and work with them this year even though we can sign Hayward outright. Ainge got greedy and we clapped back and now Hornets have the leverage.

I mean sounds like you are so sure this isn't the case. You have inside info?
davidfr94
Senior
And1: 500

Post#80 » by davidfr94 » Sun Nov 22, 2020 6:14 pm

TinmanZBoy wrote:
davidfr94 wrote:That max contract was one of the worst in NBA entire History.

People really have short memories. The Hornets had their best season in a decade after they traded for him, his contract year too. He was a hot commodity that off season with historic cap jump, everybody considered he gave Hornets a discount by taking a little bit less than Max ... Marvin Williams gave the Hornets a discount too... the Hornets board was pretty happy then... now they are complaining non-stop...think back that squad only Kemba kept playing good level BB,Marvin was steady too his decline was due to age... of course Batum will disappoint, what else can you expect from a French man who is very talented but has not much motivation... they had experienced that before with another talent named Boris Diaw... kinda like fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me ... I would not be surprised if batum turns around with another team like Diaw did with the Spurs... just wait and see

I do not have short memories. Giving that contract to that Guy was just stupid. His stats were ok but he wasnt shooting well and his defense took a hit having a more important role on offense.
That year in the playoffs, he averaged 11/4/2 on 37/27.
He was a Joe Ingles type of player, You do not pay those kind of players that type of money.

Regarding Charlotte, of course that was their beast Season in a decade, that was the first Season in a long Time their roster was kind of decent +.

Return to The General Board