ImageImageImage

Official Miami Heat Off-Season GT - Saving you from IggieCC

Moderators: KingDavid, IggieCC, QUIZ, BFRESH44, heat4life, MettaWorldPanda, Wiltside

SoFlaKingReal
Veteran
And1: 4,821

Re: Official Miami Heat Off-Season GT - Saving you from IggieCC 

Post#1661 » by SoFlaKingReal » Sun Nov 22, 2020 4:50 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=20

Giles off the board

Idk how much his deal is for, but I'm pretty sure the HEAT can only offer minimum contracts barring a S&T.
Beenie
Assistant Coach
And1: 7,278

Post#1662 » by Beenie » Sun Nov 22, 2020 4:54 pm

Mia reportedly offered Crowder a 14m 1 year deal (2nd year a was team option that obviously wouldn’t have conveyed)

Imo, they should have increased that one year offer by whatever amount needed to get a deal done, even if it meant sacrificing Leonard who Jae replaced as a starter.
MiamiLoyal926
Rookie
And1: 2,021

Post#1663 » by MiamiLoyal926 » Sun Nov 22, 2020 5:05 pm

SoFlaKingReal wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=20

Giles off the board

Idk how much his deal is for, but I'm pretty sure the HEAT can only offer minimum contracts barring a S&T.

Come on man... this guy was aged perfectly to grow with our youth while also fitting perfectly into the backup role with developmental potential to eventually start as well and maybe be a long term option in our big starting rotation. Bummer for sure.
Rapaz
RealGM
And1: 38,905

Post#1664 » by Rapaz » Sun Nov 22, 2020 5:09 pm

Jae Crowder shot 12/47 (25%) from 3 in the ECF, and 7/29 (24%) from 3 in the last 4 games of the Finals.

Bishop45
RealGM
And1: 109,303

Post#1665 » by Bishop45 » Sun Nov 22, 2020 5:10 pm

The development I'm most concerned about is Bam's 3-pt shot
Long Live Winnie. Mamba siempre

Rest in Power Chadwick

#PeaceinGaza #FreedomforPalestine
heater4life
Bench Warmer
And1: 2,758

Post#1666 » by heater4life » Sun Nov 22, 2020 5:11 pm

I think the phrase “a match made in heaven” applies for the fit in Precious falling to the Heat. I think he has all the raw ability and athleticism to became a very good player in the league, but is also afforded the patience and structure to expand his game while playing a very specific role for this team early on.

Someone above mentioned he may very well be a top 3 pick in this draft, I believe if drafted onto another team and asked to do more than he can handle that would ruin his potential, on this squad, I agree he’s a top talent.
The Bunk
Senior
And1: 1,200

Post#1667 » by The Bunk » Sun Nov 22, 2020 5:17 pm

Mitch was probably the player I was hoping to acquire the most in the future if things went bad in Utah. That includes Giannis.

Just signed a max extension.
SoFlaKingReal
Veteran
And1: 4,821

Post#1668 » by SoFlaKingReal » Sun Nov 22, 2020 5:19 pm

Shams says the Lakers are close with M. Gasol....Raptors in shambles?
JLop
Analyst
And1: 7,833

Post#1669 » by JLop » Sun Nov 22, 2020 5:20 pm

DayofMourning wrote:
JLop wrote:Achiuwa appears bigger and taller than in the scout reports. I don't want to get carried away at the moment, but Precious Achiuwa seems like one of the top three picks.

We've already got Bam and Herro going top three in their respective redrafts. Nothing wrong with adding one more, lol.

Precious Achiuwa has the ability to play as a small forward while defending all five positions even as a center. I'd like to see him alongside the other players just to compare. At his age, I wouldn't be surprised if he has grown physically. Achiuwa also has very low basketball mileage, allowing coaches to teach him most of the fundamentals without bad habits.
greg4012
Lead Assistant
And1: 7,700

Post#1670 » by greg4012 » Sun Nov 22, 2020 5:21 pm

Rapaz wrote:Jae Crowder shot 12/47 (25%) from 3 in the ECF, and 7/29 (24%) from 3 in the last 4 games of the Finals.

Add onto that--he was a sub 30% 3-point shooter last season with Memphis.

That means 2 things to me:

(1) Depending on his 3-ball is a fluky proposition

(2) The Heat do a good job of defining a limited offensive role for their PF position. In theory, each of Harkless, Precious and KZ possess the skillset to translate to success at that PF position. If a guy knows his role is limited offensively and is only operating with a handful of decisions to make on that end, it helps their spot up shooting. They know when they're supposed to shoot with confidence and what they need to be worrying about otherwise.

Jae's vet presence will be missed, but the Heat are banking on internal youth development and targeting a skillset to extract value at the 4 position rather than commit to an individual player to define the position.
Seabass777
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,718

Post#1671 » by Seabass777 » Sun Nov 22, 2020 5:24 pm

SoFlaKingReal wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=20

From Five Reasons so TIFWIW....I would love to see Herro impressing Spo enough to keep him in the starting lineup full time.

Herro
Bradley
Butler
Bam
Leonard

Bradley's not starting over Duncan
"Til the last second...Til the last man... We Fight! We Fight! We Fight!"-Together We Rise. #HEATLifer...
JLop
Analyst

Post#1672 » by JLop » Sun Nov 22, 2020 5:28 pm

DrHeat wrote:
JLop wrote:Achiuwa appears bigger and taller than in the scout reports. I don't want to get carried away at the moment, but Precious Achiuwa seems like one of the top three picks.

Agree 100% ...this kid appears more athletic than Bam and has a more advanced perimeter game at the same stage ..i would not be surprised if in 3 years he is top 3 in this draft

He's more athletic than Bam and faster, Adebayo is stronger and heavier, but Achiuwa is just a rookie.
JLop
Analyst

Post#1673 » by JLop » Sun Nov 22, 2020 5:37 pm

batterybro42 wrote:

Loved the pick great type of culture fit, who will maximize his skill set here. Reminds me of Bam, but without the ability to bring the ball up the floor.

What he should be able to do is switch a lot like Bam does and offer some of the same things defensively. I could see him playing alongside Bam a lot which would be an absolute terror. He has some ability to expand his range and become a shooter, which if he can do that he becomes extremely valuable.

If he’s part of the long term plan, and we add Giannis I could potentially see us roll out a rotation one day of

Herro
Duncan
Giannis
Bam
Achiuwa

3 guys over 6’9 capable of switching 3-5 we’d go from a terrible rebounding team to one of the leagues best, and you combine that with the ability to play them alongside 2 of the best shooters in the game you create some serious matchup problems. Teams just don’t have 3 bigs defensively who have the athleticism to rebound and run the floor with those guys. Otherwise you’re forced into either playing zone and just getting destroyed on the boards after yielding tons of 3 point opportunities, or playing a true 3 against one of the bigs and getting bullied.

The last thing that really stuck out to me about Achiuwa was his ability to set screens, if he can be a threat off that action either diving or spotting, he can be a double double guy with legitimate minutes in this league. I don’t see a super star but I see a guy who when surrounded by good players could potentially be the matchup that makes it incredibly difficult to matchup against us, opening opportunities for the other 4 on the floor. Hate the term glue guy, but I think we could look back to this pick as the one that put us over the top.

Achiuwa can be used as a small forward, so the ability to bring the ball up the floor will be develop over time. Achiuwa is very new to basketball compared to other players in any draft. This leads me to believe that by teaching him the proper fundamentals, his basketball IQ will improve tremendously.
Kobewade11
General Manager
And1: 15,631

Post#1674 » by Kobewade11 » Sun Nov 22, 2020 5:57 pm

Beenie wrote:Mia reportedly offered Crowder a 14m 1 year deal (2nd year a was team option that obviously wouldn’t have conveyed)

Imo, they should have increased that one year offer by whatever amount needed to get a deal done, even if it meant sacrificing Leonard who Jae replaced as a starter.

Leonard's contract had nothing to do with Crowder. I've said this 1,000 times since yesterday, they could have went as high as 18 million on a 1 year deal for Crowder, he wanted multiple guaranteed years.
Kobewade11
General Manager

Post#1675 » by Kobewade11 » Sun Nov 22, 2020 5:58 pm

Seabass777 wrote:Bradley's not starting over Duncan

You almost have to if Herro is starting.
rate_
Analyst
And1: 8,197

Post#1676 » by rate_ » Sun Nov 22, 2020 6:00 pm

AB
DBo
Jimmy
Bam
Hammer

Herro & Dragic come off bench as spark. Herro is a 6th man type player IMO
DrHeat
Junior
And1: 617

Post#1677 » by DrHeat » Sun Nov 22, 2020 6:06 pm

rate_ wrote:AB
DBo
Jimmy
Bam
Hammer

Herro & Dragic come off bench as spark. Herro is a 6th man type player IMO

Perfect Balance of offense and defense but short on the creating off the dribble department. If you want more creation you can insert Nunn or Herro
Beenie
Assistant Coach
And1: 7,278

Post#1678 » by Beenie » Sun Nov 22, 2020 6:07 pm

RiverboatRiles wrote:
Beenie wrote:Mia reportedly offered Crowder a 14m 1 year deal (2nd year a was team option that obviously wouldn’t have conveyed)

Leonard's contract had nothing to do with Crowder. I've said this 1,000 times since yesterday, they could have went as high as 18 million on a 1 year deal for Crowder, he wanted multiple guaranteed years.

Did Mia officially offer Jae the 18m?
Kobewade11
General Manager

Post#1679 » by Kobewade11 » Sun Nov 22, 2020 6:12 pm

Beenie wrote:
Did Mia officially offer Jae the 18m?

According to you they reportedly offered 14. Im just saying if they wanted to they certainly could have offered more. The point is Crowder not being here has nothing to do with what Leonard was offered so there is no need to equate the two. The team preferred a balloon one year deal, the player preferred a balanced multi year deal.
DayofMourning
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 79,439

Post#1680 » by DayofMourning » Sun Nov 22, 2020 6:25 pm

I'm ready for Mo Bamba now.

Return to Miami Heat