ImageImageImage

Cavs F.A. 2020

Moderator: ijspeelman

Stillwater
RealGM
And1: 3,655

Re: Cavs F.A. 2020 

Post#21 » by Stillwater » Sun Nov 22, 2020 1:39 am

I wonder if the Cavs can get Robert Williams off Boston now maybe for the HOU 22 2nd
SUNDOWN BRINGS A WELCOME CHANGE TO EVERYTHING THAT'S HIDING
LivingLegend
Head Coach
And1: 7,745

Post#22 » by LivingLegend » Sun Nov 22, 2020 1:43 am

Soooo we lost TT and Noel just went to New York.

So what's the plan now. Giles as a reclamation project or bust?
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 31,982

Post#23 » by jbk1234 » Sun Nov 22, 2020 1:50 am

LivingLegend wrote:Soooo we lost TT and Noel just went to New York.

WCS and Giles. Noel is an idiot or he's being poorly represented.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J327A using RealGM mobile app
cbosh4mvp wrote:
Jarret Allen isn’t winning you anything. Garland won’t show up in the playoffs. Mobley is a glorified dunk man. Mitchell has some experience but is a liability on defense. To me, the Cavs are a treadmill team.
Stillwater
RealGM

Post#24 » by Stillwater » Sun Nov 22, 2020 1:52 am

TT was never going to take a pay cut and stay on a rebuild team after 4 straight finals/.
He is exactly where he should be with Boston imo.
as far as Noel going to NY thats just a weird decision on his part and makes me wonder if
all he really cares about is life off the court at this point.
he aint getting minutes ahead of Robinson who isnt a dl trade option like Dre is here.
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#25 » by jbk1234 » Sun Nov 22, 2020 1:53 am

Stillwater wrote:

TT was never going to take a pay cut and stay on a rebuild team after 4 straight finals/.
He is exactly where he should be with Boston imo.
as far as Noel going to NY thats just a weird decision on his part and makes me wonder if
all he really cares about is life off the court at this point.
he aint getting minutes ahead of Robinson who isnt a dl trade option like Dre is here.
I have to imagine the Cavs would've beat this.

Read on Twitter
?s=20

cbosh4mvp wrote:
Jarret Allen isn’t winning you anything. Garland won’t show up in the playoffs. Mobley is a glorified dunk man. Mitchell has some experience but is a liability on defense. To me, the Cavs are a treadmill team.
Stillwater
RealGM

Post#26 » by Stillwater » Sun Nov 22, 2020 2:23 am

one name I would love to see them take a flier on given his being cut from Houston was really dumb win now play by them given his upside is Isaiah Hartenstein.
here is a small sample
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#27 » by jbk1234 » Sun Nov 22, 2020 2:39 am

Stillwater wrote:one name I would love to see them take a flier on given his being cut from Houston was really dumb win now play by them given his upside is Isaiah Hartenstein.
here is a small sample
Before we start talking true league minimum fliers on guys, I'd like to sign a proven, NBA caliber, athletic rim protector with our MLE.

cbosh4mvp wrote:
LivingLegend
Head Coach

Post#28 » by LivingLegend » Sun Nov 22, 2020 2:49 am

jbk1234 wrote:
Stillwater wrote:one name I would love to see them take a flier on given his being cut from Houston was really dumb win now play by them given his upside is Isaiah Hartenstein.
here is a small sample
Before we start talking true league minimum fliers on guys, I'd like to sign a proven, NBA caliber, athletic rim protector with our MLE.

Who is even out there at this point? Like at any position that would fit the Cavs besides Giles?
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#29 » by jbk1234 » Sun Nov 22, 2020 2:58 am

LivingLegend wrote:
jbk1234 wrote:
here is a small sample

Who is even out there at this point? Like at any position that would fit the Cavs besides Giles?
WCS is still unsigned.

cbosh4mvp wrote:
Stillwater
RealGM

Post#30 » by Stillwater » Sun Nov 22, 2020 3:41 am

There is always Dedmon I guess once DET waives him. they must miss Dre and Wood... they drafted Stewart signed both Plumlee and Okafor and got Bradley from Utah... why t f would you have 5 centers smh
tleikheen
Analyst
And1: 934

Post#31 » by tleikheen » Sun Nov 22, 2020 4:20 am

Well is it any surprise the Cavs are left out of the FA party. Their the 30th rated team in the NBA.
It makes no sense to have to watch TT,KLove ,Drummond get big minutes on the worst team in BB. Go after Harry Giles. The rosters are filling up and the Cavs are the team looking in from the outside thinking they have magic chips in Love and Drummond. Package Garland in a deal and break up the little PG dilemma their stuck with. If Cavs are going to be the worst team then get young talent from moving Love and eventually Drummond.
LivingLegend
Head Coach

Post#32 » by LivingLegend » Sun Nov 22, 2020 4:33 am

tleikheen wrote:Well is it any surprise the Cavs are left out of the FA party. Their the 30th rated team in the NBA.
It makes no sense to have to watch TT,KLove ,Drummond get big minutes on the worst team in BB. Go after Harry Giles. The rosters are filling up and the Cavs are the team looking in from the outside thinking they have magic chips in Love and Drummond. Package Garland in a deal and break up the little PG dilemma their stuck with. If Cavs are going to be the worst team then get young talent from moving Love and eventually Drummond.

Kevin Love must hate himself right now for signing that contract. There is no way he wants to be here right now
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#33 » by jbk1234 » Sun Nov 22, 2020 5:06 am

LivingLegend wrote:
tleikheen wrote:Well is it any surprise the Cavs are left out of the FA party. Their the 30th rated team in the NBA.

Kevin Love must hate himself right now for signing that contract. There is no way he wants to be here right now
We finished second to last, but yeah. If you're a potential FA, or the agent of one, and you watched what happened last season, it matters. You want to know you're not going to find yourself in Love's situation.

cbosh4mvp wrote:
LivingLegend
Head Coach

Post#34 » by LivingLegend » Sun Nov 22, 2020 5:09 am

jbk1234 wrote:
LivingLegend wrote:

We finished second to last, but yeah. If you're a potential FA, or the agent of one, and you watched what happened last season, it matters. You want to know you're not going to find yourself in Love's situation.

Yeah its going to take them coming out and pushing for that 8 seed in the playoffs and/or either Sexton/Garland/Okoro/KPJ to turn into a absolute stud other guys would want to play with.

Look at the Hawks with Trae. The Hawks sucked but Young showed promise of becoming a really good player so guys liek Gallo/Rondo wanted to go there and play with him. It helped that they actually had cap space, available playing time and a good city but still.

I really think this year Garland can come out on fire. Hes my sleeper to go from zero to hero.
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#35 » by jbk1234 » Sun Nov 22, 2020 5:20 am

LivingLegend wrote:
jbk1234 wrote:
LivingLegend wrote:

Yeah its going to take them coming out and pushing for that 8 seed in the playoffs and/or either Sexton/Garland/Okoro/KPJ to turn into a absolute stud other guys would want to play with.

Look at the Hawks with Trae. The Hawks sucked but Young showed promise of becoming a really good player so guys liek Gallo/Rondo wanted to go there and play with him. It helped that they actually had cap space, available playing time and a good city but still.

I really think this year Garland can come out on fire. Hes my sleeper to go from zero to hero.
To be clear, I think the Hawks will regret giving those players that money. I suspect what potential FAs need to see is those players at least expend energy on defense and make sure the big men on their team eat.

No big man wants to go to a team that has a bunch of young guards who are primarily concerned with getting theirs and a front office/coaching staff that is, at least publicly, unconcerned with correcting that nonsense.

cbosh4mvp wrote:
Harper4Ferry?
Starter
And1: 78

Post#36 » by Harper4Ferry? » Sun Nov 22, 2020 9:11 am

Actual contracts can be signed starting today(11/22), right? I've been looking around to see if we can help anyone facilitate moves and our completely bogus salary structure and lack of luxury tax space makes it just impossible. I mean I'm sitting here looking at guys like Torrey Craig. Do Dario Saric or Jaun Hernangomez do anything for anyone? I don't mind not overpaying but adding someone potentially movable in the 5-7M range could help with a deadline trade.
LivingLegend
Head Coach

Post#37 » by LivingLegend » Sun Nov 22, 2020 2:08 pm

Harper4Ferry? wrote:Actual contracts can be signed starting today(11/22), right? I've been looking around to see if we can help anyone facilitate moves and our completely bogus salary structure and lack of luxury tax space makes it just impossible. I mean I'm sitting here looking at guys like Torrey Craig. Do Dario Saric or Jaun Hernangomez do anything for anyone? I don't mind not overpaying but adding someone potentially movable in the 5-7M range could help with a deadline trade.

I honestly wouldn't mind anybody at this point lol Craig would be a nice backup SG with size. Saric I would like too (and have kinda wanted for the last few years) but him being a PF I don't know how he fits on this team
ToneLocc
Ballboy
And1: 5

Post#38 » by ToneLocc » Sun Nov 22, 2020 4:15 pm

Aron Baynes is still available. Something tells me he’d rather be playing for a good team/contender at age 33, but he could be an MLE candidate for us
Stillwater
RealGM

Post#39 » by Stillwater » Sun Nov 22, 2020 5:51 pm

Marques Bolden was in the cavs bubble and the more i read about his defense last season in the development league along with his mobility and length and paint presence i think hes a shoe in for a converted contract.
Maybe they have looked to recruit obviously more well know or proven options at the 5 behind dre but given the pandemic and the amount of adjustment adding one lottery player with such little time to get acclimated taking all the focus
Has on them it may he a hard sell to convince the noel giles etc group they can get enough pt in cle to boost their next contract esp. with Love Dre and Nance ahead of them as well.
Im looking at cast aways that maybe can take the chance just being happy to have it. Norvel Pelle is an option inside or Hartenstien but adding a defensive focused pass first lead guard with size to defend 3 positions into the mix would be reasonable to bring in if Bolden has enough backing to fill the gap at the 5.
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#40 » by jbk1234 » Sun Nov 22, 2020 6:08 pm

And we're down to WCS
Read on Twitter
?s=20

cbosh4mvp wrote:

Return to Cleveland Cavaliers