Free Agency, Rumors, Thoughts in General 2.0

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

Texas Chuck
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
And1: 88,687

Re: Free Agency, Rumors, Thoughts in General 2.0 

Post#321 » by Texas Chuck » Sun Nov 22, 2020 6:09 pm

DNP-Old wrote:
So be it, you cut your losses and keep the better player.

Ideally yes. And the Hawks found the number that is right at that tipping point. Much more and you let him go. Much less and you gladly keep him. Problem is Buddy is already a major problem and if you match then he stays on the bench and the problem grows making his negative value get worse and they really shouldn't be attaching assets to dump guys.

So the best way forward might be just lose Bogdan, rehabilitate Buddy the best you can and then move him too and be back starting over.

But the lesson is don't pay a guy just because you traded your franchise guy for him and so you think you have to. You often just compound your problems. Bad contracts can be harder to overcome than losing 4th/5th starter types. A lot harder.
ThunderBolt wrote:I’m going to let some of you in on a little secret I learned on realgm. If you don’t like a thread, not only do you not have to comment but you don’t even have to open it and read it. You’re welcome.
codydaze
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings
And1: 4,505

Post#322 » by codydaze » Sun Nov 22, 2020 6:10 pm

kalenclayton wrote:
codydaze wrote:
Read on Twitter

I don’t like this morning.

Tough one for Kings fans..
Mr Swagtastic
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 3,173

Post#323 » by Mr Swagtastic » Sun Nov 22, 2020 6:14 pm

Donovan Mitchell just signed a 5 year $195 million deal. Utah got their star locked up think they probably start looking at a Gobert extension soon
Lord Leoshes wrote:i personally would rather keep Chalmers over Lowry
Texas Chuck

Post#324 » by Texas Chuck » Sun Nov 22, 2020 6:17 pm

Mr Swagtastic wrote:Donovan Mitchell just signed a 5 year $195 million deal. Utah got their star locked up think they probably start looking at a Gobert extension soon

Jazz and Pacers never quite get to championship level though both have had teams good enough to win titles if a few things broke right, but they just consistently build good solid teams and make relatively few mistakes. Perfect examples of how you can compete in small markets. They make no excuses and just keep moving forward knowing they aren't likely to ever sign a free agent superstar.
ThunderBolt wrote:I’m going to let some of you in on a little secret I learned on realgm. If you don’t like a thread, not only do you not have to comment but you don’t even have to open it and read it. You’re welcome.
Buzzard
RealGM
And1: 7,522

Post#325 » by Buzzard » Sun Nov 22, 2020 6:18 pm

DNP-Old wrote:
Texas Chuck wrote:
DNP-Old wrote:
If I'm SAC, I match and dump Hield for anything I can get. Maybe to OKC for their least favorite future 1st.

OKC would demand a first, and rightfully so, for taking on that deal. He's definitely not positive value to any team taking on the entire contract. Now could the Kings maybe get a 1st back if they took on a terrible contract? Sure. Like if the Warriors were cold-blooded they could trade a first and Klay's contract for Buddy.

So be it, you cut your losses and keep the better player.

The Kings were rumored to be trying to move Bogan to three different teams. So it looks like they were willing to send him off. They also have maxed out Fox along with paying Barnes and Buddy now. What is the Kings end game here?

Giving up a pick to move Buddy just seems drastic. if this is their plan: build around Fox, Haliburton, and possibly Bagley. It seems to me they would not want to give up any picks no matter what.
BAF Pacers: Unleash Trae!

PG Ice Trae
SG Buddy Hield/Luke Kennard/Brandin Podziemski
SF OG Anunoby/Terrence Ross/Kris Murray
PF Richaun Holmes/JaMychal Green/Chris Livingston
C KAT/Mark Williams
blind prophet
RealGM
And1: 3,236

Post#326 » by blind prophet » Sun Nov 22, 2020 6:27 pm

I have no idea if the Kings are going to match. I'm pretty sure Vlade would have, no clue about McNair.
Kilo
RealGM
And1: 5,101

Post#327 » by Kilo » Sun Nov 22, 2020 6:28 pm

You always match offer sheets. You can trade them later. Don't give away assets for free.
Weaver = Hinkie
VW to Portland :pray:
babyjax13
RealGM
And1: 14,277

Post#328 » by babyjax13 » Sun Nov 22, 2020 6:31 pm

Mr Swagtastic wrote:Donovan Mitchell just signed a 5 year $195 million deal. Utah got their star locked up think they probably start looking at a Gobert extension soon

We offered them both extensions yesterday. Sure we will hear about Gobert in the next day or two.

JazzMatt13 wrote:just because I think aliens probably have to do with JFK, doesn't mean my theory that Jazz will never get Wiggins, isn't true.

JColl
Buzzard
RealGM

Post#329 » by Buzzard » Sun Nov 22, 2020 6:31 pm

The Hawks are playing small market ball giving the player all the good options. 15% trade kicker, 1 year no trade clause, and a player option.
Read on Twitter

PG Ice Trae
C KAT/Mark Williams
kalenclayton
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,716

Post#330 » by kalenclayton » Sun Nov 22, 2020 6:31 pm

blind prophet wrote:I have no idea if the Kings are going to match. I'm pretty sure Vlade would have, no clue about McNair.

We might see a Buddy trade within the next 48 hours. I’m pretty sure Bogi is gone though. McNair is just going to clean house. I hate it, but it is what it is. Vlade ruined the cap sheet.
MoneyTalks41890
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 21,052

Post#331 » by MoneyTalks41890 » Sun Nov 22, 2020 6:35 pm

Maybe Buddy for Randle straight up?
loserX
And1: 26,046

Post#332 » by loserX » Sun Nov 22, 2020 6:37 pm

Minor signing, but I always liked this kid and am rooting for him.

Read on Twitter
MoneyTalks41890
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 21,052

Post#333 » by MoneyTalks41890 » Sun Nov 22, 2020 6:38 pm

loserX wrote:Minor signing, but I always liked this kid and am rooting for him.

Read on Twitter

I haven’t seen updates in a while but the kid had real talent. Like this for MEM. Long term investment for relatively cheap.
blind prophet
RealGM
And1: 3,236

Post#334 » by blind prophet » Sun Nov 22, 2020 6:38 pm

kalenclayton wrote:
blind prophet wrote:I have no idea if the Kings are going to match. I'm pretty sure Vlade would have, no clue about McNair.

We might see a Buddy trade within the next 48 hours. I’m pretty sure Bogi is gone though. McNair is just going to clean house. I hate it, but it is what it is. Vlade ruined the cap sheet.

I didn't like the return from the blundered Bucks trade, but at least we would of got DDV, walking away with nothing is going to suck. But hey remember we tried to nab Porter and Lavine, both of their teams matched.
pacers33granger
Forum Mod - Pacers
Forum Mod - Pacers
And1: 6,584

Post#335 » by pacers33granger » Sun Nov 22, 2020 6:39 pm

If Atlanta gets Bogdan, it will be interesting to see what they do with Hunter/Huerter/Reddish. You'd have to think at least one gets moved.
Buzzard
RealGM

Post#336 » by Buzzard » Sun Nov 22, 2020 6:39 pm

kalenclayton wrote:

I remember when the Hawks lost Horford, signed D12 for 20 million a season, signed 12 points a game Bazemore for 17 million a season all in the same year. The following season Bud was demoted and Hawks fans felt the same way about Bud as you do Vlade.

PG Ice Trae
C KAT/Mark Williams
Texas Chuck

Post#337 » by Texas Chuck » Sun Nov 22, 2020 6:42 pm

pacers33granger wrote:If Atlanta gets Bogdan, it will be interesting to see what they do with Hunter/Huerter/Reddish. You'd have to think at least one gets moved.

I'm looking to see if a star gets disgruntled by the deadline. Collins, a young wing, some picks, and they will have multiple matching options that aren't horrible. I mean a move for Gobert if they can't work out an extension and Atlanta will have gotten really interesting really quickly.
kalenclayton
Lead Assistant

Post#338 » by kalenclayton » Sun Nov 22, 2020 6:46 pm

blind prophet wrote:
kalenclayton wrote:

I didn't like the return from the blundered Bucks trade, but at least we would of got DDV, walking away with nothing is going to suck. But hey remember we tried to nab Porter and Lavine, both of their teams matched.

Didn’t those teams have incumbent GMs? I’m not getting that vibe from Monte. I’m really not sure what he thinks he can do without Bogi though. Is he going to rehab Buddy? What does he think of Barnes? Those two contracts are worse than what Bogi will get (granted, I think Barnes has a fine deal going into year 2). I’m just struggling to see what Monte thinks he can do while squandering an asset and good player like Bogi.
kalenclayton
Lead Assistant

Post#339 » by kalenclayton » Sun Nov 22, 2020 6:48 pm

MoneyTalks41890 wrote:Maybe Buddy for Randle straight up?

If Monte’s goal is to clean house, then letting Bogi go and trading Buddy for Randle seems fine. I don’t really like it, but he’s been put into such a bad spot with the cap disaster that Vlade left behind.
Buzzard
RealGM

Post#340 » by Buzzard » Sun Nov 22, 2020 6:50 pm

Texas Chuck wrote:
pacers33granger wrote:If Atlanta gets Bogdan, it will be interesting to see what they do with Hunter/Huerter/Reddish. You'd have to think at least one gets moved.

I'm looking to see if a star gets disgruntled by the deadline. Collins, a young wing, some picks, and they will have multiple matching options that aren't horrible. I mean a move for Gobert if they can't work out an extension and Atlanta will have gotten really interesting really quickly.

That is a interesting take for sure. Adding good players on contracts that are not out of this world makes for a solid group of players/assets in Atlanta. I still think the Kings could match, but those options are a negative for them.

PG Ice Trae
C KAT/Mark Williams

Return to Trades and Transactions