Moderators: pacers33granger, boomershadow, Grang33r, pacerfan, Jake0890

Wizop
RealGM
And1: 3,987

Re: 2020 Draft & Free Agency 

Post#281 » by Wizop » Sat Nov 21, 2020 11:25 pm

basketballwacko2 wrote:
Wizop wrote:
Scoot McGroot wrote:Can’t stretch a guy midseason. The window to stretchwaive someone closes before camp opens.

I'm not in the stretch Leaf camp but it wouldn't surprise.

Trade him to NYK or OKC with cash to buy him out and a 2nd or two.
They've reportedly been trying to do something like this for a long time with no takers. I'd like to think new coaches can rehabilitate him but if getting out of tax is the priority, I don't see another player less useful.

Sent from my phone.
Please edit long quotes to only show what puts your new message into context.
Scoot McGroot
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,025

Post#282 » by Scoot McGroot » Sat Nov 21, 2020 11:41 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=21

He was an exhibit 10/camp body last year that played for Ft Wayne in the GLeague. Likely to be the same next year.
basketballwacko2
RealGM
And1: 3,911

Post#283 » by basketballwacko2 » Sun Nov 22, 2020 1:46 am

Wizop wrote:
basketballwacko2 wrote:
Wizop wrote:
I'm not in the stretch Leaf camp but it wouldn't surprise.

Trade him to NYK or OKC with cash to buy him out and a 2nd or two.
They've reportedly been trying to do something like this for a long time with no takers. I'd like to think new coaches can rehabilitate him but if getting out of tax is the priority, I don't see another player less useful.

Sent from my phone.

Yeah but now OKC and the NYK have a bunch of open cap and there's really no one to sign. Really who's left.
Wizop
RealGM

Post#284 » by Wizop » Sun Nov 22, 2020 3:48 am

Now it appears we are in the hunt for the other Bogie. Sure hope we're shopping Vic and not Myles.

Sent from my phone.
Topofthekey
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,883

Post#285 » by Topofthekey » Sun Nov 22, 2020 4:28 am

Wizop wrote:Now it appears we are in the hunt for the other Bogie. Sure hope we're shopping Vic and not Myles.

Sent from my phone.

Link?

Edit: Nvm, I see it now
Boneman2
General Manager
And1: 1,532

Post#286 » by Boneman2 » Sun Nov 22, 2020 7:16 am

Wizop wrote:Now it appears we are in the hunt for the other Bogie. Sure hope we're shopping Vic and not Myles.

Sent from my phone.

For sure. I wonder what else we could garner because Bogie for either one of them feels a little light. A couple of 2nds from Sacramento sure would hit the spot, on top of another player.
"A man who fears suffering is already suffering from what he fears." -Michel de Montaigne
Pacersike
Analyst
And1: 823

Post#287 » by Pacersike » Sun Nov 22, 2020 8:20 am

Sent from my phone.

The Calbert Cheaney, Hayward for Turner :crazy: , adding Brimah sequence, all point in favor of Victor.

Going by the rumors, it seems that our FO is unhappier about the public exposure of our lockerroom frictions than that they are unhappy about Olidapo fooling around too much on the basketballcourt and in lockerrooms.

If something is broken between Myles and Victor, it seems like Turner gets shown the door. Offering Turner for FA Hayward, if it is true, than there has to be some reason why he suddenly lost value in the eyes of our FO.
Topofthekey
Lead Assistant

Post#288 » by Topofthekey » Sun Nov 22, 2020 9:59 am

I just hope that those reports about us shopping Myles are nothing but unsubstantiated rumors

If you have to choose between Myles and Vic, you keep Myles

Myles is good at what he does with plenty of untapped potential

Vic, even in 2018, became an average-ish scorer when the Cavs game planned against him in the playoffs
boomershadow
Forum Mod - Pacers
Forum Mod - Pacers
And1: 6,232

Post#289 » by boomershadow » Sun Nov 22, 2020 1:06 pm

I really want to see the Turner/Sabonis duo with a new coach. We have been saying it can work for years, but then putting them in an antiquated system that never would have worked. Now giving up on the system and the combo at the same time.

We should have moved on from McMillan a year or two ago.
Wizop
RealGM

Post#290 » by Wizop » Sun Nov 22, 2020 1:45 pm

I think it is an open question whether we've offered Turner or suitors have asked for him.

Sent from my phone.
Scoot McGroot
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#291 » by Scoot McGroot » Sun Nov 22, 2020 1:51 pm

Wizop wrote:I think it is an open question whether we've offered Turner or suitors have asked for him.

Sent from my phone.

Also, reports from Sacramento Bee out today that the Pacers aren’t engaged; that the Kings are the ones trying to push it.

We also still don’t now what Pritchard offered for Hayward. It doesn’t sound like Pritchard is shopping Myles. It does sound like teams have been asking for him.

And Amida Brimah has nothing to do with anything. He’s just a camp body, and a signing for the GLeague, we’ve tried to see for two years now. He’ll be waived and go to Ft Wayne.
basketballwacko2
RealGM
And1: 3,911

Post#292 » by basketballwacko2 » Sun Nov 22, 2020 2:28 pm

Sent from my phone.

Wiretap story says with a whole lot of certainty that the Pacers offered Turner for Hayward and "Boston" turned that down! Which I think I total crap, I don't think we ever offered them Turner and Doug. If we had that would have been a done deal.

No way is this Bogdan Bogie worth Turner, maybe Victor but the guy is wanting $72 million for 4 years! That's $18 million a year. I don't understand the hype of this Bogie he's not that young either at 28, chances are he's topped out.

These teams have got to start showing some fiscal restraint with the coronavirus chopping attendance off at the knees about 1/3 of the leagues revenues are gone. Who knows when we'll see packed arena's again.

Depending on Victor's conditioning and rehab of that leg he could play a lot better in the 21 season, I still say play him 20 games then decide on trading him.
Wizop
RealGM

Post#293 » by Wizop » Sun Nov 22, 2020 2:49 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=19

Sent from my phone.
winter_mute_13
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,482

Post#294 » by winter_mute_13 » Sun Nov 22, 2020 3:26 pm

The SacBee report still ignores Bogdan's BYC status. As Scoot ably explained in the T&T forum, working around the BYC means the Pacers taking on more money in trade than they send out, which is a big no no so close to the tax line. So the whole Bogdan to Pacers idea is questionable, not just who the Pacers might send back in a S&T.
Scoot McGroot
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#295 » by Scoot McGroot » Sun Nov 22, 2020 3:30 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=21
Scoot McGroot
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#296 » by Scoot McGroot » Sun Nov 22, 2020 5:17 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=21

Not much here either. This path is closed.
Topofthekey
Lead Assistant

Post#297 » by Topofthekey » Sun Nov 22, 2020 6:11 pm

Scoot McGroot wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=21

Not much here either. This path is closed.

Well, he's still an RFA

There's a chance Kings may want to do a S&T rather than lose him for nothing

A Vic for Bogdanovich S&T saves us about $3m?

I believe Vic is the far superior player, so Kings should be happy with this, I think

The main motivation for our side in doing this, in addition to saving a bit of money, would be to move on from the craziness that surrounded Vic, if it's something that needs moving on from. Also spares us the decision of how much to offer Vic in 2021
Wizop
RealGM

Post#298 » by Wizop » Sun Nov 22, 2020 6:24 pm

Topofthekey wrote:There's a chance Kings may want to do a S&T rather than lose him for nothing

Once he signs offer sheet the door closes. Kings only choice then becomes matching or not matching.

Sent from my phone.
Scoot McGroot
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#299 » by Scoot McGroot » Sun Nov 22, 2020 7:09 pm

Wizop wrote:
Topofthekey wrote:There's a chance Kings may want to do a S&T rather than lose him for nothing

Once he signs offer sheet the door closes. Kings only choice then becomes matching or not matching.

Sent from my phone.

This. Once the offer sheet is signed, the only option is for Sacramento to either match or not match. If they match, they can’t trade him to Atlanta for a full year, and Bogdan has the right to refuse any trade for the full season. No matter what, even if he agrees, they can’t trade him until February.
boomershadow
Forum Mod - Pacers
Forum Mod - Pacers
And1: 6,232

Post#300 » by boomershadow » Sun Nov 22, 2020 9:53 pm

Both Hayward and Bogdan would have been good additions. Idk how I would feel about paying either one of them the contract that they ultimately got, but they're both good players that would have made an impact imo. Without having made any moves, this team is still one fringe all-star, some good role players on decent contracts, and one former all-star who is: coming back from injury, on a contract with only one year left, wanting more money than most are comfortable giving him, and having very uncertain value as a possible trade piece.

It's still a much better situation than many teams in the league are in. This roster was a fourth seed last year and has some hope that a new system might better fit their talents together, that a couple guys will continue to grow (Aaron and Warren as scorers, Brogdon as a floor general), that Vic will look like he did that one year again. Still, it is difficult to see how they can really take an extra step and become a team a that looks bound for a conference finals or finals run.

We'll see.

Return to Indiana Pacers