ImageImageImageImageImage

Rumors and Discussion Thread (NYK and NBA) V - Elfrid Payton Sucks

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

blueNorange
Knicks Forum Contrarian
And1: 19,917

Re: Rumors and Discussion Thread (NYK and NBA) V - Elfrid Payton Sucks 

Post#1521 » by blueNorange » Sun Nov 22, 2020 6:35 pm

god shammgod wrote:
blueNorange wrote:
god shammgod wrote:
trash them for something is what i'm saying :lol:

when it's opening night and payton is starting, i'll trash them.

until then the only talk about payton starting is coming from y'all, and last time i checked y'all are as credible as chris broussard.

how dare you

be happy, i was initially going to write robert randolph.
LOL Y U MAD THO?
mitchell robinson has blocked zion williamson 3 times as of 7/6/19.
NoDopeOnSundays
RealGM
And1: 41,021

Post#1522 » by NoDopeOnSundays » Sun Nov 22, 2020 6:36 pm

robillionaire wrote:
NoDopeOnSundays wrote:It's going to be a rough season for Obi to be honest, he's going to be playing minutes with Nerlens, Davis, Mitch and presumably Randle, none of them can shoot, which means he's going to have to be the floor spacer. The Noel signing is just dumb the more I think about it, on face value it seems like a good signing but when you stop and think about it, it means even if you start Mitch and Obi together you can't stagger their minutes because there will always be a dude that can't shoot coming into the lineup to replace one of them.

If they plan on playing Obi at the 5, it could get really ugly for him, he's just not strong enough for that.

Nerlens is strictly a backup 5, he's not coming in to play alongside Mitch, he's basically the same skillset as mitch except worse offensively

I know, which means Obi is going to be the floor spacer for Nerlens when Mitch sits. If they put Randle at the 5, it's still another guy that can't shoot that Obi has to play with. I just can't believe they'd almost trade up for Obi, just to saddle him with players that don't really help him much. I doubt he wins ROY.

The only lineup that would have Obi with any kind of shooting is Knox, and that is a terrible frontcourt, nobody wants to see an Obi at the 5 and Knox at the 4 lineup except the teams playing us.
rajajackal
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,313

Post#1523 » by rajajackal » Sun Nov 22, 2020 6:37 pm

KnicksGod wrote:The way we’ve kept cycling through bad point guards and never draft one almost appears to be a cruel bet by someone: see if you can avoid having a competent or promising point for at least 10 years. Starting now.

it really is flabbergasting how they just won't give us that one thing we've wanted (and needed)

the fact that talking heads talk about "since raymond felton" as if we didn't all want him off the team and replaced by a real point guard when he was here. this goes back to marbury
MaseInYourFace
RealGM
And1: 11,272

Post#1524 » by MaseInYourFace » Sun Nov 22, 2020 6:37 pm

iLLmatic860 wrote:
MaseInYourFace wrote:Is Theo Pinson any good? I’m not sure about wasting a 2 way on this guy. Seems scrubby.

Good locker room guy and best bench hypeman in the league

A waste of a 2-way indeed.
MIAMI HEAT BAF
G- James Harden
G- Malcolm Brogdon
F- Robert Covington
F- Paul Millsap
C- Dwight Howard
Bench: S. Milton, F. Korkmaz, K. Bazemore, D. Oturu, J. McDaniels, A. Caruso, T. Mann
IR: X. Tillman Sr., J. Nwora, E. Hughes,
robillionaire
RealGM
And1: 48,041

Post#1525 » by robillionaire » Sun Nov 22, 2020 6:38 pm

rajajackal wrote:
KnicksGod wrote:The way we’ve kept cycling through bad point guards and never draft one almost appears to be a cruel bet by someone: see if you can avoid having a competent or promising point for at least 10 years. Starting now.

it really is flabbergasting how they just won't give us that one thing we've wanted (and needed)

the fact that talking heads talk about "since raymond felton" as if we didn't all want him off the team and replaced by a real point guard when he was here. this goes back to marbury

Imagine if there was an NFL team who didn't have a QB for 20 years and was the worst team in the NFL for 20 years and just never did anything to address the position
Infinitimind
Senior
And1: 398

Post#1526 » by Infinitimind » Sun Nov 22, 2020 6:39 pm

Jimmit79 wrote:
HEZI wrote:Thibs saw enough from DSJ and Frank in that practice to know he wanted Payton

You know its true lol

If you wanna blame anybody for Payton then blame the 2 scrubs that cant outplay him
Knicks refuse to trade for PG or draft one that's also a problem OKC and Pels got so many PGs without giving up much but knocks can only come up with Payton?

Sent from my HD1905 using Tapatalk

Maybe they want to give the keys to smith jr , you know the main piece we traded for kp. You know what we should have done last year
knickabocker88
Head Coach
And1: 1,914

Post#1527 » by knickabocker88 » Sun Nov 22, 2020 6:40 pm

Maybe the WIlpons are running the Knicks now?
robillionaire
RealGM

Post#1528 » by robillionaire » Sun Nov 22, 2020 6:40 pm

NoDopeOnSundays wrote:
robillionaire wrote:
NoDopeOnSundays wrote:It's going to be a rough season for Obi to be honest, he's going to be playing minutes with Nerlens, Davis, Mitch and presumably Randle, none of them can shoot, which means he's going to have to be the floor spacer. The Noel signing is just dumb the more I think about it, on face value it seems like a good signing but when you stop and think about it, it means even if you start Mitch and Obi together you can't stagger their minutes because there will always be a dude that can't shoot coming into the lineup to replace one of them.

If they plan on playing Obi at the 5, it could get really ugly for him, he's just not strong enough for that.

Nerlens is strictly a backup 5, he's not coming in to play alongside Mitch, he's basically the same skillset as mitch except worse offensively

I know, which means Obi is going to be the floor spacer for Nerlens when Mitch sits. If they put Randle at the 5, it's still another guy that can't shoot that Obi has to play with. I just can't believe they'd almost trade up for Obi, just to saddle him with players that don't really help him much. I doubt he wins ROY.

The only lineup that would have Obi with any kind of shooting is Knox, and that is a terrible frontcourt, nobody wants to see an Obi at the 5 and Knox at the 4 lineup except the teams playing us.

Obi and Randle couldn't play together just because it would be a disaster on defense. Same with Obi and Knox although if you had them at the 3 and 4 you could still have Mitch/Noel at the 5 and a better defender at guard like Frank to ease the pain a little

Does Toppin even start? Randle is still here
SelbyCobra
General Manager
And1: 17,838

Post#1529 » by SelbyCobra » Sun Nov 22, 2020 6:41 pm

NoDopeOnSundays wrote:It's going to be a rough season for Obi to be honest, he's going to be playing minutes with Nerlens, Davis, Mitch and presumably Randle, none of them can shoot, which means he's going to have to be the floor spacer.

Obi got this. (I swear, if he even pulls one enjoyable And-1 move this year, I'm all set :lol: )

Capn'O
Senior Mod - Knicks
Senior Mod - Knicks
And1: 90,538

Post#1530 » by Capn'O » Sun Nov 22, 2020 6:41 pm

newyorker4ever wrote:
TheGreenArrow wrote:Former Gm of the Phoenix Suns.......

Read on Twitter

We better be up to something because if not yikes!!!!!!!

Is this a fake account? No blue check mark.

I was gonna leave this alone but then remembered something. If this is actually Ryan McD... OMG. This motherfcker ACTUALLY TRADED FOR PAYTON AND HAD HIM START FOR THE SUNS. The unmitigated gall.
BAF Clippers
PG: CP3 | SGA
SG: SGA | Big Ragu
SF: J Brown | Dorture Chamber
PF: Gordon | Niang
C: Capela | Sharpe

Deep Bench - Forrest | Oladipo | Fernando | Young | Svi | Cody Martin

:beer:
robillionaire
RealGM

Post#1531 » by robillionaire » Sun Nov 22, 2020 6:43 pm

Capn'O wrote:
newyorker4ever wrote:
TheGreenArrow wrote:Former Gm of the Phoenix Suns.......

Read on Twitter

We better be up to something because if not yikes!!!!!!!

Is this a fake account? No blue check mark.

I was gonna leave this alone but then remembered something. If this is actually Ryan McD... OMG. This motherfcker ACTUALLY TRADED FOR PAYTON AND HAD HIM START FOR THE SUNS. The unmitigated gall.

No wonder he got fired and does radio shows now
Zenzibar
General Manager
And1: 8,285

Post#1532 » by Zenzibar » Sun Nov 22, 2020 6:43 pm

This is the time where all the fkn complainers start to post on the board.'

Time for me to take a 1-2 week vacation. But due to covid this is all I can do:

DOT
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 48,180

Post#1533 » by DOT » Sun Nov 22, 2020 6:43 pm

robillionaire wrote:
rajajackal wrote:

Imagine if there was an NFL team who didn't have a QB for 20 years and was the worst team in the NFL for 20 years and just never did anything to address the position

So like, the Browns?
BaF Lakers:

Darius Garland/Cory Joseph
Klay Thompson/Shaedon Sharpe
Keldon Johnson/De'Andre Hunter
Evan Mobley/Tari Eason
Nic Claxton/Draymond Green

Bench: Leonard Miller, Jett Howard, Markquis Nowell, Kennedy Chandler, Day'Ron Sharpe
SelbyCobra
General Manager
And1: 17,838

Post#1534 » by SelbyCobra » Sun Nov 22, 2020 6:44 pm

Zenzibar wrote:This is the time where all the fkn complainers start to post on the board.'

Time for me to take a 1-2 week vacation. But due to covid this is all I can do:

:lol:We're all addicts locked in a room at this point.
jvsimonetti0514
General Manager
And1: 7,776

Post#1535 » by jvsimonetti0514 » Sun Nov 22, 2020 6:44 pm

god shammgod wrote:
jvsimonetti0514 wrote:
god shammgod wrote:
positive ? i put up the hoodwinked banner yesterday. i don't believe in this front office at all :lol:

I think it’s too soon to be hoodwinked but if Obi looks like trash, you can sign me up for hoodwinked too.

here's the thing. the knick fan in me is saying "well, maybe it can work out. if he can hit more 3s and improve his defense, he could be a beast" but had he been drafted by anybody else i would been saying "thank god we didn't draft that motherf*cker". :lol:

Toppin and Haliburton were the two guys I didn’t want in the lottery and they both dropped like a hot potato. So I’m with you there about my hold ups on Toppin. Rose did bring in guys from other organizations that do have a track record for success with the draft and I’m wrong all the time. I’m willing to give them this shot but Toppin has to be that dude. So maybe Toppin will be Stat with a 3 point jumper and a lot of defensive issues are due to technique and not physical limitations. If he’s not stat, he needs to at least be John Collins. He just can’t be another whiff like a Knox.
I'm apart of a Knicks podcast! You Should check it out!
youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCWW9GUVpNULS97PyptXXU4w
NoDopeOnSundays
RealGM
And1: 41,021

Post#1536 » by NoDopeOnSundays » Sun Nov 22, 2020 6:45 pm

robillionaire wrote:
NoDopeOnSundays wrote:
robillionaire wrote:

Obi and Randle couldn't play together just because it would be a disaster on defense. Same with Obi and Knox although if you had them at the 3 and 4 you could still have Mitch/Noel at the 5 and a better defender at guard like Frank to ease the pain a little

Does Toppin even start? Randle is still here

What was the point of drafting Obi if he doesn't start? We can't have another replay of last season where vets with no future on our team get playing time over young guys.

If Randle is still on the Knicks, I guarantee there will be Randle & Obi lineups together, they're going to do their best to keep Randles value up out of respect of him being a Kentucky guy :lol:
N Y K
RealGM
And1: 8,451

Post#1537 » by N Y K » Sun Nov 22, 2020 6:46 pm

What's going to happen with Batum btw?
BrOnXKing1
Starter
And1: 604

Post#1538 » by BrOnXKing1 » Sun Nov 22, 2020 6:47 pm

MaseInYourFace wrote:Is Theo Pinson any good? I’m not sure about wasting a 2 way on this guy. Seems scrubby and he’s 25 already.

Defense, passing, and team guy. But terrible shooter and not likely to be a meaningful contributor
BugginOut
Head Coach
And1: 7,829

Post#1539 » by BugginOut » Sun Nov 22, 2020 6:47 pm

SelbyCobra wrote:
NoDopeOnSundays wrote:It's going to be a rough season for Obi to be honest, he's going to be playing minutes with Nerlens, Davis, Mitch and presumably Randle, none of them can shoot, which means he's going to have to be the floor spacer.

Obi got this. (I swear, if he even pulls one enjoyable And-1 move this year, I'm all set :lol: )

Lol this play and Obi's confidence is the only thing keeping me sane that he can be a decent 3PT shooter at the next level. Cause if he can't we are f*cked
F N 11
RealGM
And1: 61,706

Post#1540 » by F N 11 » Sun Nov 22, 2020 6:48 pm

Knicks have a splash under their sleeves. Probably trying to help Jazz free up more space.
CEO of the not trading RJ club.

Return to New York Knicks