ImageImageImageImageImage

Rumors and Discussion Thread (NYK and NBA) V - Elfrid Payton Sucks

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

robillionaire
RealGM
And1: 48,389

Re: Rumors and Discussion Thread (NYK and NBA) V - Elfrid Payton Sucks 

Post#1541 » by robillionaire » Sun Nov 22, 2020 6:48 pm

NoDopeOnSundays wrote:
robillionaire wrote:
NoDopeOnSundays wrote:

I know, which means Obi is going to be the floor spacer for Nerlens when Mitch sits. If they put Randle at the 5, it's still another guy that can't shoot that Obi has to play with. I just can't believe they'd almost trade up for Obi, just to saddle him with players that don't really help him much. I doubt he wins ROY.

The only lineup that would have Obi with any kind of shooting is Knox, and that is a terrible frontcourt, nobody wants to see an Obi at the 5 and Knox at the 4 lineup except the teams playing us.

Obi and Randle couldn't play together just because it would be a disaster on defense. Same with Obi and Knox although if you had them at the 3 and 4 you could still have Mitch/Noel at the 5 and a better defender at guard like Frank to ease the pain a little

Does Toppin even start? Randle is still here

What was the point of drafting Obi if he doesn't start? We can't have another replay of last season where vets with no future on our team get playing time over young guys.

If Randle is still on the Knicks, I guarantee there will be Randle & Obi lineups together, they're going to do their best to keep Randles value up out of respect of him being a Kentucky guy :lol:

I guess they could side one of them to the 3 and then start Mitch :lol:

Frank
RJ
Toppin
Randle
Mitch

:-?
msanchez2725
Junior
And1: 512

Post#1542 » by msanchez2725 » Sun Nov 22, 2020 6:48 pm

Hopefully Kings match the Bogdan offer and trade us Hield for Randle and some 2nds.
F N 11
RealGM
And1: 61,918

Post#1543 » by F N 11 » Sun Nov 22, 2020 6:48 pm

BrOnXKing1 wrote:
MaseInYourFace wrote:Is Theo Pinson any good? I’m not sure about wasting a 2 way on this guy. Seems scrubby and he’s 25 already.

Defense, passing, and team guy. But terrible shooter and not likely to be a meaningful contributor

We need his inside info on the Nets.
CEO of the not trading RJ club.
NoDopeOnSundays
RealGM
And1: 41,279

Post#1544 » by NoDopeOnSundays » Sun Nov 22, 2020 6:50 pm

SelbyCobra wrote:
NoDopeOnSundays wrote:It's going to be a rough season for Obi to be honest, he's going to be playing minutes with Nerlens, Davis, Mitch and presumably Randle, none of them can shoot, which means he's going to have to be the floor spacer.

Obi got this. (I swear, if he even pulls one enjoyable And-1 move this year, I'm all set :lol: )

While I think he may be able to be a decent shooter, I hope he doesn't get Joel Embiid-itis, which is taking entirely too many threes cause the paint is crowded.

RJ, DS and Frank...one of them has to be a better shooter coming back, or else our offense gonna look like it's playing in 2003.
snadler
Head Coach
And1: 7,943

Post#1545 » by snadler » Sun Nov 22, 2020 6:50 pm

F N 11 wrote:Knicks have a splash under their sleeves. Probably trying to help Jazz free up more space.

The only splash is if they are taking a dive into a pool..
NoDopeOnSundays
RealGM

Post#1546 » by NoDopeOnSundays » Sun Nov 22, 2020 6:51 pm

robillionaire wrote:
NoDopeOnSundays wrote:
robillionaire wrote:
Obi and Randle couldn't play together just because it would be a disaster on defense. Same with Obi and Knox although if you had them at the 3 and 4 you could still have Mitch/Noel at the 5 and a better defender at guard like Frank to ease the pain a little

Does Toppin even start? Randle is still here

What was the point of drafting Obi if he doesn't start? We can't have another replay of last season where vets with no future on our team get playing time over young guys.

If Randle is still on the Knicks, I guarantee there will be Randle & Obi lineups together, they're going to do their best to keep Randles value up out of respect of him being a Kentucky guy :lol:

I guess they could side one of them to the 3 and then start Mitch :lol:

Frank
RJ
Toppin
Randle
Mitch

:-?

Obi at the 3.......

newyorker4ever
RealGM
And1: 4,547

Post#1547 » by newyorker4ever » Sun Nov 22, 2020 6:52 pm

Did i accidentally sign into the preschool addition of RealGm?

When you guys write anything do you use crayons?

When you order your food do you order from the kids section?

Do you guys still have training wheels on your bicycles?

When you go to the grocery store do you shop in the Baby Gerber section?

Do you guys shop at Baby Gap?

All the whining on here is driving me nuts when everyone should have already known that this team is in the beginning stages of a rebuild and aren't gonna do anything to hurt the rebuild when it comes to drafts and our cap space that will be needed when we finally get this team to where it's an attractive place for the bigger names or if we get lucky and have a chance at trading for that disgruntled star player anytime soon. We'll need young players and as many draft picks as possible to make that trade.

PATIENCE MY FRIENDS.

By the way i'll be hear all week with the jokes.
Zenzibar
General Manager
And1: 8,373

Post#1548 » by Zenzibar » Sun Nov 22, 2020 6:53 pm

SelbyCobra wrote:
Zenzibar wrote:This is the time where all the fkn complainers start to post on the board.'

Time for me to take a 1-2 week vacation. But due to covid this is all I can do:

:lol:We're all addicts locked in a room at this point.

Word. My Dude, you see all the whining and fkn complaining about a two-way player that noone knows nothing about? :crazy:

It's a looney bin for

Stop All Genocides
mpharris36
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 100,559

Post#1549 » by mpharris36 » Sun Nov 22, 2020 6:55 pm

what I always found laughable is the group of fans that come on and complain about other fans "whining" or "complaining" like we have been a model franchise like the spurs and this is just a random bad year and we should be patient and give them a chance. Give me a direction.

Have they been living under a rock for 20 years? This has been the laughing stock franchise in the NBA while having the most loyal fan base behind it and we can't be critical about the direction of this poorly run franchise?

People have every right ot be skepital especially since the same things seem to be repeating themselves early on.
B2B 2021-22 & 2022-23 BAF Champion Spurs:

ROSTER

Nic Claxton/Walker Kessler/Jeff Green
Nikola Jokic/Jonathan Kuminga/Dean Wade
Cam Johnson/Josh Hart/Kenrich Williams
Alex Caruso/Killian Hayes/Aaron Wiggins
Steph Curry/Delon Wright/DSJ
SelbyCobra
General Manager
And1: 17,916

Post#1550 » by SelbyCobra » Sun Nov 22, 2020 6:55 pm

NoDopeOnSundays wrote:
SelbyCobra wrote:
NoDopeOnSundays wrote:It's going to be a rough season for Obi to be honest, he's going to be playing minutes with Nerlens, Davis, Mitch and presumably Randle, none of them can shoot, which means he's going to have to be the floor spacer.

Obi got this. (I swear, if he even pulls one enjoyable And-1 move this year, I'm all set :lol: )

While I think he may be able to be a decent shooter, I hope he doesn't get Joel Embiid-itis, which is taking entirely too many threes cause the paint is crowded.

RJ, DS and Frank...one of them has to be a better shooter coming back, or else our offense gonna look like it's playing in 2003.

Totally agree, the GIF was more tongue in cheek with him pulling off that Steph level theater from 3 against the best team in the country.
NoDopeOnSundays
RealGM

Post#1551 » by NoDopeOnSundays » Sun Nov 22, 2020 6:57 pm

I guess one good thing about the Kentucky thing is that BJ Boston is going there, so they can't blow that pick as long as we're top 3 :lol:
KnicksGadfly
RealGM
And1: 14,134

Post#1552 » by KnicksGadfly » Sun Nov 22, 2020 6:57 pm

Zenzibar wrote:This is the time where all the fkn complainers start to post on the board.'

Time for me to take a 1-2 week vacation. But due to covid this is all I can do:

So...you’ve been happy these five years or something?

Feel free to follow NYKmentality’s low iq butt out of here
N Y K
RealGM
And1: 8,451

Post#1553 » by N Y K » Sun Nov 22, 2020 6:57 pm

mpharris36 wrote:what I always found laughable is the group of fans that come on and complain about other fans "whining" or "complaining" like we have been a model franchise like the spurs and this is just a random bad year and we should be patient and give them a chance. Give me a direction.

Have they been living under a rock for 20 years? This has been the laughing stock franchise in the NBA while having the most loyal fan base behind it and we can't be critical about the direction of this poorly run franchise?

People have every right ot be skepital especially since the same things seem to be repeating themselves early on.

I don't even see that much whining to be honest. People just need to talk their ****, I guess.
NotDikembeSayNo
Sophomore
And1: 272

Post#1554 » by NotDikembeSayNo » Sun Nov 22, 2020 6:58 pm

mpharris36 wrote:what I always found laughable is the group of fans that come on and complain about other fans "whining" or "complaining" like we have been a model franchise like the spurs and this is just a random bad year and we should be patient and give them a chance. Give me a direction.

Bingo. Same crap different diaper year after year. So far this flashy shiny new regime has done the exact same thing as the last one, who may have done it differently than the regime prior but just as poorly. We are a-holes for assuming it’ll all work out? To quote the great Trey Anastasio: “this time will be different... til I do it again.”
iLLmatic860
General Manager
And1: 15,318

Post#1555 » by iLLmatic860 » Sun Nov 22, 2020 6:58 pm

With all the cap space we have. Do we need to spend it?
N Y K
RealGM

Post#1556 » by N Y K » Sun Nov 22, 2020 6:59 pm

iLLmatic860 wrote:With all the cap space we have. Do we need to spend it?

just need to get to minimum
mpharris36
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#1557 » by mpharris36 » Sun Nov 22, 2020 7:00 pm

N Y K wrote:

I don't even see that much whining to be honest. People just need to talk their ****, I guess.

correct, people think we should just accept a signing like Payton or a 2 way deal like Pinson. If this is truly a development year these 2 have no business being on the roster outside of there CAA connection. Which people rightfully have an issue with.

Its called Nepostism

ROSTER

mpharris36
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#1558 » by mpharris36 » Sun Nov 22, 2020 7:01 pm

NotDikembeSayNo wrote:

Bingo. Same crap different diaper year after year. So far this flashy shiny new regime has done the exact same thing as the last one, who may have done it differently than the regime prior but just as poorly. We are a-holes for assuming it’ll all work out? To quote the great Trey Anastasio: “this time will be different... til I do it again.”

the only difference is they got beat out to signing Hayward (which they were very interested in) when no one was willing to beat us out to sign Randle.

ROSTER

KnicksGadfly
RealGM
And1: 14,134

Post#1559 » by KnicksGadfly » Sun Nov 22, 2020 7:01 pm

These fans have been saying the same crap since Isiah brought in Eddy and Zach
N Y K
RealGM

Post#1560 » by N Y K » Sun Nov 22, 2020 7:01 pm

Read on Twitter

Return to New York Knicks