ImageImageImage

2020 Preseason Speculation - Lineup battles underway

Moderators: bwgood77, Qwigglez, lilfishi22

collidingNeurons
Starter
And1: 1,155

Re: 2020 Season/Offseason (FA/Trade) Speculation - CP3 added...who's next? 

Post#3081 » by collidingNeurons » Sun Nov 22, 2020 6:56 pm

did I miss Saric re-signing or are you all just assuming that's a given?
matt131
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,758

Post#3082 » by matt131 » Sun Nov 22, 2020 6:58 pm

Re: Damian Jones

Read on Twitter
?s=19
Ghost of Kleine
Master of Tweets
And1: 6,442

Post#3083 » by Ghost of Kleine » Sun Nov 22, 2020 6:59 pm

BobbieL wrote:
WeekapaugGroove wrote:
BobbieL wrote:
Toronto seems like a very good option for Baynes at present. I don't think the Lakers or Clippers have the money. Maybe if there is a sign and trade but that might only be for Sweet Lou and truly am not sure how that works out. Plus the Lakers depth at guard is pretty thin.

The Warriors if they get that injury MLE would be an option I would think. I am a bit surprised the Baynes market dried up so quickly. IF he wanted to come back - would be happy to have him. But I agree, I think he goes

What about Reggie Jackson on the BAE
Sure I'd be cool with Reggie. Bowser knows him from his time in Detroit.

Sent from my SM-G986U using RealGM mobile app

Could the Clippers and Suns do a double S&T : jackson for Baynes. Jackson gets more than the BAE

The big thing I am looking for from the guard spot is somebody that can score the ball if Booker is not on the floor. Or Paul too. So it would be Carter and Jackson And there will be nights that Jackson is "on" and that really helps the team.

I really like this idea! Very clever way of offering Jackson more to secure we get a dynamic veteran backup guard. Jackson would be an ideal get for us at this point. Then finish it off with Shaquille Harrison at the two. :nod: Well done man! :clap:
proedros1908
Freshman
And1: 78

Post#3084 » by proedros1908 » Sun Nov 22, 2020 7:01 pm

PhxLax wrote:Didn't know Okobo still on roster. Let him go. Bring back Shaq Harrison or E'Tuan Moore and call it a day.

How about Jordan McRae?
Revived
RealGM
And1: 19,158

Post#3085 » by Revived » Sun Nov 22, 2020 7:08 pm

matt131 wrote:Re: Damian Jones

Read on Twitter
?s=19

Yeah Jones is a really bad player lol. We would’ve been better off keeping Diallo.

Either way let’s hope he doesn’t see minutes because if he does that means first and second string Cs are injured or suspended.
Revived
RealGM
And1: 19,158

Post#3086 » by Revived » Sun Nov 22, 2020 7:09 pm

Read on Twitter

This sums up Damian Jones.
Ghost of Kleine
Master of Tweets

Post#3087 » by Ghost of Kleine » Sun Nov 22, 2020 7:10 pm

Saberestar wrote:Jordan McRae is gonna be our next signing, I can feel it.

We wanted him last past season, he played next to James Jones and Booker. He has a nice relationship with both and plays a position of need.

Minimun contract guaranteed for a couple of seasons...is that possible or a minimun contract needs to be only for one year?

Or Shaquille Harrison. Really either I could be happy with. :wink:
Barkley6
Veteran
And1: 2,406

Post#3088 » by Barkley6 » Sun Nov 22, 2020 7:11 pm

Fo-Real wrote:
Barkley6 wrote:
darmani wrote:Diallo replacement.

Essentially a big athletic body for Ayton to work against in practice. That's all this signing is.

Deandre Jordan type lob target for Paul if ayton gets in foul trouble or injured. Younger Richaun Holmes comp for me.

Did a little digging on Jones and watched some of his highlights, and a few things I noticed:

1. He can absolutely jump out of the gym. Skies over guys who are just as tall as he is.
2. Most of his highlight dunks come from the PnR, so it looks like that's the best way to utilize him. His screens were just ok, but what he does well is once the screen is set, he slides into the lane and attacks the basket VERY quickly to take advantage of any slow switches. Reminded me of vintage Amare in that respect.
3. He's good at finding open space/where to be when his man collapses on the basket to stop a drive. A lot of his dunks were drive and dish off for an easy finish/lob because he was well positioned.
4. He can run the floor. Saw him get out ahead on a number of fast breaks.

As long as he's a low usage guy that can come in and get a few easy buckets and some highlight dunks every night, I'm cool with it.
KLEON
Analyst
And1: 1,943

Post#3089 » by KLEON » Sun Nov 22, 2020 7:15 pm

matt131 wrote:Nice, we needed another big man [green font]

Read on Twitter
?s=19

Honestly would've preferred Skal Labissiere, very underrated player
Fo-Real
General Manager
And1: 4,911

Post#3090 » by Fo-Real » Sun Nov 22, 2020 7:15 pm

Revived wrote:
matt131 wrote:Re: Damian Jones

Read on Twitter
?s=19

Yeah Jones is a really bad player lol. We would’ve been better off keeping Diallo.

Either way let’s hope he doesn’t see minutes because if he does that means first and second string Cs are injured or suspended.

They are equally bad in different ways. Diallo still looks like a clumsy baby giraffe, while possessing a more polished offensive reprotior than Jones, he is just too slow and unathletic to be of use. Jones on the other hand is a thicker much better athlete who better fits the bill of a rim runner shot blocker, lob threat. Dallio would be useless in this offense while Jones might get some burn.
collidingNeurons
Starter

Post#3091 » by collidingNeurons » Sun Nov 22, 2020 7:16 pm

Barkley6 wrote:
Fo-Real wrote:
Barkley6 wrote:
Essentially a big athletic body for Ayton to work against in practice. That's all this signing is.

Deandre Jordan type lob target for Paul if ayton gets in foul trouble or injured. Younger Richaun Holmes comp for me.

Did a little digging on Jones and watched some of his highlights, and a few things I noticed:

1. He can absolutely jump out of the gym. Skies over guys who are just as tall as he is.
2. Most of his highlight dunks come from the PnR, so it looks like that's the best way to utilize him. His screens were just ok, but what he does well is once the screen is set, he slides into the lane and attacks the basket VERY quickly to take advantage of any slow switches. Reminded me of vintage Amare in that respect.
3. He's good at finding open space/where to be when his man collapses on the basket to stop a drive. A lot of his dunks were drive and dish off for an easy finish/lob because he was well positioned.

As long as he's a low usage guy that can come in and get a few easy buckets and some highlight dunks every night, I'm cool with it.

if he is playing more than a few minutes in garbage time of blowouts I would be shocked but if he is getting regular extended minutes it means we've been decimated by injuries, would have preferred someone else but this isn't a huge deal for me
Saberestar
RealGM
And1: 14,799

Post#3092 » by Saberestar » Sun Nov 22, 2020 7:21 pm

Revived wrote:
Read on Twitter

This sums up Damian Jones.

I disagree.

He played basically every game for the Hawks this past season (55), averaging 16 mpg and even started on 27 games .

So we have signed an NBA backup on a decent team as a third string for us, and he is 25 so he is entering his prime.

An obvious upgrade over Diallo who was usually DNP for a good reason.
Fo-Real
General Manager

Post#3093 » by Fo-Real » Sun Nov 22, 2020 7:22 pm

collidingNeurons wrote:
Barkley6 wrote:
Fo-Real wrote:

if he is playing more than a few minutes in garbage time of blowouts I would be shocked but if he is getting regular extended minutes it means we've been decimated by injuries, would have preferred someone else but this isn't a huge deal for me

He will only get meaningful minutes if we have foul trouble, injury trouble, or he improves by leaps and bounds under the tutelage of Mark Bryant.
Ghost of Kleine
Master of Tweets

Post#3094 » by Ghost of Kleine » Sun Nov 22, 2020 7:22 pm

SuperSunsFan wrote:where is the evans guy who used to be kings and was rookie of the year?

Tyreke Evan's? If that's the guy you're referring to, I believe he had a brief stint with Indiana a few years ago, And then got tossed out of the league for violationing their substance abuse rules.
collidingNeurons
Starter

Post#3095 » by collidingNeurons » Sun Nov 22, 2020 7:25 pm

Fo-Real wrote:
collidingNeurons wrote:
Barkley6 wrote:

He will only get meaningful minutes if we have foul trouble, injury trouble, or he improves by leaps and bounds under the tutelage of Mark Bryant.

funny thing, i remember him and Bell on GS and everyone raving about them and how it was unfair they got both of those guys after being a dynasty, things change quickly
Fo-Real
General Manager

Post#3096 » by Fo-Real » Sun Nov 22, 2020 7:26 pm

Lol, wasn't A SWOLE Joe Johnson making a comeback this year!!!
Fo-Real
General Manager

Post#3097 » by Fo-Real » Sun Nov 22, 2020 7:28 pm

collidingNeurons wrote:
Fo-Real wrote:
collidingNeurons wrote:if he is playing more than a few minutes in garbage time of blowouts I would be shocked but if he is getting regular extended minutes it means we've been decimated by injuries, would have preferred someone else but this isn't a huge deal for me

funny thing, i remember him and Bell on GS and everyone raving about them and how it was unfair they got both of those guys after being a dynasty, things change quickly

Pretty sure he fell out of favor in GS. He might have been a very young brash **** during that stint. I seem to remember an occurrence or two of he and Kerr getting into it.
matt131
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,758

Post#3098 » by matt131 » Sun Nov 22, 2020 7:29 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=19
Barkley6
Veteran
And1: 2,406

Post#3099 » by Barkley6 » Sun Nov 22, 2020 7:32 pm

collidingNeurons wrote:
Barkley6 wrote:
Fo-Real wrote:

I think he's insurance in case Stix takes a little time to get acclimated (no summer league, quick turnaround from draft to season start).

Jones would play exclusively with CP3 on the floor. You'd have CP3, Jones and 3 shooters (Carter, Cam and Mikal maybe) and just run PnR for a few minutes while Book and Ayton get some rest.
darmani
Sixth Man
And1: 2,729

Post#3100 » by darmani » Sun Nov 22, 2020 7:32 pm

Read on Twitter
"Can’t talk basketball with everybody" - Devin Booker

Return to Phoenix Suns