ImageImageImage

Official Miami Heat Off-Season GT - Saving you from IggieCC

Moderators: KingDavid, IggieCC, QUIZ, BFRESH44, heat4life, MettaWorldPanda, Wiltside

Flash4thewin
RealGM
And1: 8,027

Re: Official Miami Heat Off-Season GT - Saving you from IggieCC 

Post#1681 » by Flash4thewin » Sun Nov 22, 2020 6:37 pm

Rapaz wrote:Jae Crowder shot 12/47 (25%) from 3 in the ECF, and 7/29 (24%) from 3 in the last 4 games of the Finals.

What where his 3’s % for the first two rounds. He seemed to be playing great but also shouldering a huge defensive role impacted his numbers. We are paying Andre Iguodala 15 mil a year.... we should have offered him at least a one year 18 mil offer.
Seabass777
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,723

Post#1682 » by Seabass777 » Sun Nov 22, 2020 6:42 pm

RiverboatRiles wrote:
Seabass777 wrote:Bradley's not starting over Duncan

You almost have to if Herro is starting.

Let's not sell Herro short when it comes to his defensive growth, this is a guy who took on the challenge of guarding Jimmy Butler in training camp last year, thus earning Jimmy Butler's respect. I expect improvement from him on that end of the floor, let's give him a chance to show it for this upcoming season.

I would personally like to see the lineup as follows for next year

Nunn
Robinson
Butler
Bam
Leonard
"Til the last second...Til the last man... We Fight! We Fight! We Fight!"-Together We Rise. #HEATLifer...
Kobewade11
General Manager
And1: 15,658

Post#1683 » by Kobewade11 » Sun Nov 22, 2020 6:43 pm

Flash4thewin wrote:What where his 3’s % for the first two rounds. He seemed to be playing great but also shouldering a huge defensive role impacted his numbers. We are paying Andre Iguodala 15 mil a year.... we should have offered him at least a one year 18 mil offer.

He was not interested in a 1 year deal. How many times does this have to be said? It wasnt about money, he’s making 4 million less in Phoenix than he would have got paid here for this season.
Seabass777
Lead Assistant

Post#1684 » by Seabass777 » Sun Nov 22, 2020 6:45 pm

rate_ wrote:AB
DBo
Jimmy
Bam
Hammer

Herro & Dragic come off bench as spark. Herro is a 6th man type player IMO

I think Dragic is more suited for the 6th man role, like he was last season, but I do like Herro and Dragic coming off the bench to provide that spark.

I would like to see if Nunn can get back to how he was pre-bubble, and if not I think Herro has a shot at claiming the starting job from him.
"Til the last second...Til the last man... We Fight! We Fight! We Fight!"-Together We Rise. #HEATLifer...
Kobewade11
General Manager

Post#1685 » by Kobewade11 » Sun Nov 22, 2020 6:47 pm

Seabass777 wrote:Let's not sell Herro short when it comes to his defensive growth,

Not selling Herro short, the point is it would be more advantageous to pair a more defensive minded player with him opposed to a complete liability like Duncan. I’m also not ruling out Nunn to start again at pg.
Flash4thewin
RealGM
And1: 8,027

Post#1686 » by Flash4thewin » Sun Nov 22, 2020 6:51 pm

RiverboatRiles wrote:
Flash4thewin wrote:What where his 3’s % for the first two rounds. He seemed to be playing great but also shouldering a huge defensive role impacted his numbers. We are paying Andre Iguodala 15 mil a year.... we should have offered him at least a one year 18 mil offer.

He was not interested in a 1 year deal. How many times does this have to be said? It wasnt about money, he’s making 4 million less in Phoenix than he would have got paid here for this season.

Yeah if you offer him less than Iguodala duh he’s not taking a one year deal. Offer him 20 mil for a one year deal and he takes it. He took a 3 year 30 mil offer for crying out loud.
Kobewade11
General Manager

Post#1687 » by Kobewade11 » Sun Nov 22, 2020 7:07 pm

Flash4thewin wrote:
Yeah if you offer him less than Iguodala duh he’s not taking a one year deal. Offer him 20 mil for a one year deal and he takes it. He took a 3 year 30 mil offer for crying out loud.

I just cant believe Jae Crowder is the hill so many of you are choosing to die on. 20 mil...what? :lol: Between Iguodala, Bradley, and likely one of KZ/Precious/Harkless we’ll get everything Crowder offered and more. My goodness gracious.
Beenie
Assistant Coach
And1: 7,317

Post#1688 » by Beenie » Sun Nov 22, 2020 7:12 pm

RiverboatRiles wrote:
Beenie wrote:
Did Mia officially offer Jae the 18m?

According to you they reportedly offered 14. Im just saying if they wanted to they certainly could have offered more. The point is Crowder not being here has nothing to do with what Leonard was offered so there is no need to equate the two. The team preferred a balloon one year deal, the player preferred a balanced multi year deal.

The greater point is if Mia was capable of offering Jae more money despite Leonard's contract, they should have; whatever the necessary number would have been.

And if the luxury tax threshold was gonna be a concern then I don't see how Leonard's contract wouldn't be a factor. (I'm not a cap guy so I really dont know exactly how all it works, though)
DrHeat
Junior
And1: 617

Post#1689 » by DrHeat » Sun Nov 22, 2020 7:15 pm

Bucks fan are acting like they signed KD

Drew Holiday is a good player but I think he has gone from underrated to overrated.. Holiday + A Davis could not make the playoffs on the west.. what makes you think that adding Holiday to Giannis (an inferior offensive player when compared to Davis) makes the Bucks a championship contender?

I think they will be a good regular season team because Giannis plays with great effort every game and then they will disappoint in the playoffs
Kobewade11
General Manager

Post#1690 » by Kobewade11 » Sun Nov 22, 2020 7:20 pm

Beenie wrote:
The greater point is if Mia was capable of offering Jae more money despite Leonard's contract, they should have; whatever the necessary number would have been.

And if the luxury tax threshold was gonna be a concern then I don't see how Leonard's contract wouldn't be a factor. (I'm not a cap guy so I really dont know exactly how all it works, though)

Like I said above, I honestly cant believe this is the hill you guys are choosing to die on. It’s already been established he was looking for a security deal, and we have people here still trying to invent scenarios where he should have been offered more money for 1 year — despite he and his agent being very clear they wanted years.

He was offered a very fair deal for 1 year - 4 million more than he will make this season. Whatever happens this year, I can guarantee we wont be sitting here in May or June saying “...if only we had Jae Crowder”, he is not that guy. Thats my last post on this subject because it has become super annoying.
DrHeat
Junior
And1: 617

Post#1691 » by DrHeat » Sun Nov 22, 2020 7:24 pm

RiverboatRiles wrote:
Beenie wrote:

Like I said above, I honestly cant believe this is the hill you guys are choosing to die on. It’s already been established he was looking for a security deal, and we have people here still trying to invent scenarios where he should have been offered more money for 1 year — despite he and his agent being very clear they wanted years.

He was offered a very fair deal for 1 year - 4 million more than he will make this season. Whatever happens this year, I can guarantee we wont be sitting here in May or June saying “...if only we had Jae Crowder”, he is not that guy. Thats my last post on this subject because it has become super annoying.

Agree we did more than enough to replace him.. People also forget that we only had Crowder and Iggy for less than half the season..This season we get 72 games to execute the formula the works for us and hopefully get better seeding position
MiamiLoyal926
Rookie
And1: 2,021

Post#1692 » by MiamiLoyal926 » Sun Nov 22, 2020 7:29 pm

RiverboatRiles wrote:
Beenie wrote:

Not to mention that if he couldn’t buy in with a bloated 1 year contract in front of him this year, he would have not bought into a much smaller deal next summer to stay on with our “max” addition. He would have been a much more valuable complementary piece if we get someone like Giannis, but obviously that was not his interest.

As RiverBoat keeps saying, we are hanging ourselves on a guy who was not interested in our plans. I am sure a good 1 year deal could have been reached if he really wanted to stay and was open to 1 year deals.
Seabass777
Lead Assistant

Post#1693 » by Seabass777 » Sun Nov 22, 2020 7:31 pm

Can't believe that NBA training camp is in 1 more week. Exciting
RonaldSeikaly
Sophomore
And1: 99

Post#1694 » by RonaldSeikaly » Sun Nov 22, 2020 7:31 pm

RiverboatRiles wrote:
Flash4thewin wrote:

I just cant believe Jae Crowder is the hill so many of you are choosing to die on. 20 mil...what? :lol: Between Iguodala, Bradley, and likely one of KZ/Precious/Harkless we’ll get everything Crowder offered and more. My goodness gracious.

Shame Jae wasn’t willing to accept 14m. And yes we overpaid Leonard, but by all accounts the guy is locker room glue, and last year’s team was better than the sum of its parts because of guys like Leonard.

Replacing Jae will be either Harkless or KZ. And neither seem to be physical the way jae was... so that’s lost.

I’ll be shocked if precious gets many minutes playing with Bam. So i don’t consider him a serious candidate for jaes minutes. On the other hand of precision can adapt quickly to the nba game, he should be an excellent complement to KO if he’s still around.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
HeatingUp3
Veteran
And1: 4,888

Post#1695 » by HeatingUp3 » Sun Nov 22, 2020 7:35 pm

So no LMA trade it seems hu?
radikalBaller
Lead Assistant
And1: 8,324

Post#1696 » by radikalBaller » Sun Nov 22, 2020 7:42 pm

My only concern with this team is that we are still small against Lakers and philly, one of the reason we lost the finals is because we got manhandled on the boards by those mofos, we need a bruiser that can rebound and protect the paint a minimum, meyers is big but cant rebound and block shots for shiat...get cousins, we could have gotten kanter, find that rebounding beast over 6-10
radikalBaller
Lead Assistant
And1: 8,324

Post#1697 » by radikalBaller » Sun Nov 22, 2020 7:43 pm

I hate to say it, but even whiteside could help
HeatingUp3
Veteran
And1: 4,888

Post#1698 » by HeatingUp3 » Sun Nov 22, 2020 7:49 pm

We need size
carnageta
Veteran
And1: 6,972

Post#1699 » by carnageta » Sun Nov 22, 2020 7:50 pm

Damn, does this mean Harden and Griffin to Miami?!

Harden
Robinson
Butler
Blake
Meyers
RexBoyWonder
RealGM
And1: 33,431

Post#1700 » by RexBoyWonder » Sun Nov 22, 2020 7:50 pm

HeatingUp3 wrote:So no LMA trade it seems hu?

I think we're done.

We'll roll with Harkless, Precious, KZ, Kelly, Lenoard.

We'll see who ends up as the best Bam running mate. I just hope Spo gives the rookies a fair shot.
Chalm Downs wrote:his nickname is boywonder ffs

Return to Miami Heat