ImageImageImageImageImage

Kings make qualifying offer to Bogi

Moderators: codydaze, KF10, City of Trees

BoogieTime
Head Coach
And1: 2,760

IfRe: Kings make qualifying offer to Bogi 

Post#21 » by BoogieTime » Sun Nov 22, 2020 1:14 am

If the Hawks do ink him to an offer sheet without a s/t what is your final price?

My position is that he doesn’t really fit the team going forward. I think Hield (20/5/3 with work ethic to possible improve D) is the better player than inconsistent Bogdan who will be kept as his value is down. Tyrese should be getting good minutes. I like James and possibly Ramsey could be getting minutes at the two this year.

I’d like to rebuild/bottom out as well

So Bogi’s value is strictly as a tradeable asset who can hopefully play solid minutes at the three

As an asset, given we don’t know where the cap is going to go, I’d take him back on a very economic deal. Economic to where the cap will be going
BoogieTime
Head Coach
And1: 2,760

Re: Kings make qualifying offer to Bogi 

Post#22 » by BoogieTime » Sun Nov 22, 2020 3:39 am

BOgi drawing interest from Pacers...

Wed have to send a little more value for Turner IMO, and I’m not sure what it would be..
OGSactownballer
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,001

Post#23 » by OGSactownballer » Sun Nov 22, 2020 4:15 am

BoogieTime wrote:BOgi drawing interest from Pacers...

Wed have to send a little more value for Turner IMO, and I’m not sure what it would be..

I am definitely liking this.

Jump on their plan B option for not getting Hayward and insist that Turner stays in the deal.

I’m not a big fan of how many games he misses but with Holmes we have the ability to lighten his minutes and still have him be impactful as a top notch backstop defender and capable shooter out to three on offense.
SactoKingsFan
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,759

Post#24 » by SactoKingsFan » Sun Nov 22, 2020 4:27 am

Pacers were willing to do Turner + McDermott for Hayward but Celtics were asking for Dipo or Warren. Maybe they'd be ok with Turner + McDermott for Bogi + Bjelica.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
City of Trees
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings
And1: 5,462

Post#25 » by City of Trees » Sun Nov 22, 2020 4:58 am

SactoKingsFan wrote:Pacers were willing to do Turner + McDermott for Hayward but Celtics were asking for Dipo or Warren. Maybe they'd be ok with Turner + McDermott for Bogi + Bjelica.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
Would be an amazing trade for the Kings.

Sent from my Pixel 4a using RealGM mobile app
Ball4life32
Veteran
And1: 2,454

Post#26 » by Ball4life32 » Sun Nov 22, 2020 5:22 am

codydaze wrote:
BoogieTime wrote:
codydaze wrote:
Atlanta still has 20 million in cap to work with. I think they're still making a push for him.

I guess that Tommy Beers dude on Twitter is wrong

Still, I can’t see them shelling out when they will have all those contracts (young/Capela/reddish/hunter/Collins/huerter etc etc)

Really from that group I only see Trae getting significant money. I think they will move Collins and I don't think any of Reddish, Hunter or Huerter will get a big pay day. Hunter may be the most likely if any of them but Reddish is not really good and Huerter is a more limited player. They're clearing looking to make a splash this year and Bogi would be huge for them.

Way too early to talk contracts for their young wings but Reddish looked significantly better before the shutdown (14.6 ppg on 60 TS% in his last 20 games) & they value him high as well as Collins. Huerter isn’t really limited...reminds me some of Bogi actually. But Hawks don’t have to worry about the contract for guys like Reddish/Hunter for 3 years & could always make trades. And they can go over the cap signing their young guys if they so choose.
dozencousins
Analyst
And1: 135

Post#27 » by dozencousins » Sun Nov 22, 2020 5:19 pm

Sam Amick @sam_amick
about 5 minutes ago
Atlanta is submitting an offer sheet on Bogdan Bogdanovic, source tells @TheAthletic.

Chris Kirschner @ChrisKirschner
1 minute ago
A source tells @The Athletic that the Hawks' offer to Bogdan Bogdanovic is 4 years/$72 million.
donkeylips
Veteran
And1: 1,305

Post#28 » by donkeylips » Sun Nov 22, 2020 5:40 pm

I hope kings match
I can hawk a loogie eight feet in the air and catch it with my tongue.
City of Trees
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings

Post#29 » by City of Trees » Sun Nov 22, 2020 6:51 pm

I would let Bogi walk.

Carrying unmovable contracts of Buddy, Bogi (no trade clause / 15% trade kicker), and Barnes will hurt McNair's ability to make future moves.

This is all Vlade's fault.

Indomitable
RealGM
And1: 5,400

Post#30 » by Indomitable » Sun Nov 22, 2020 7:11 pm

City of Trees wrote:I would let Bogi walk.

Carrying unmovable contracts of Buddy, Bogi (no trade clause / 15% trade kicker), and Barnes will hurt McNair's ability to make future moves.

Losing players without compensation is a bad idea.
:banghead:
City of Trees
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings

Post#31 » by City of Trees » Sun Nov 22, 2020 7:32 pm

Indomitable wrote:

Agreed.

But I see additional factors here that force my hand.

Indomitable
RealGM
And1: 5,400

Post#32 » by Indomitable » Sun Nov 22, 2020 7:35 pm

City of Trees wrote:
Indomitable wrote:

Agreed.

Keep your assets. Trade Hield instead. Move the player you can move.

I beleive a team like Golden State or the Bucks are your best bet. They are under pressure and need shooting. Pay now and injury or being desperate will strike. Contenders will come. Wait and be open to it. Fox is your diamond. Everyone else should have a price.
:banghead:
blind prophet
RealGM
And1: 3,232

Post#33 » by blind prophet » Sun Nov 22, 2020 7:44 pm

City of Trees wrote:
Indomitable wrote:

Agreed.

Yeah I'm tempted to fold too. Let's be realistic here, Bogi's contract likely stays neutral at best now with the kicker or becomes another long term net negative.

We can't cash in this season on him anyways most likey unless he agrees.

Having both Bogi & Buddy together will decline both values as well.

This is an all in move, we're not going to compete for the playoffs this year anyways and are better off "developing"

Yep thinking about it more, I say let him go.
City of Trees
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings

Post#34 » by City of Trees » Sun Nov 22, 2020 8:28 pm

If you match Bogi you match with intent to keep him the entire contract.

Buddy and Barnes are probably still too early in their deals for a positive trade return.

Buddy, Bogi, and Barnes are your "hopeful to trade one-day" assets but will account for 50% of the teams salary cap.

INSANE.

OGSactownballer
Lead Assistant

Post#35 » by OGSactownballer » Sun Nov 22, 2020 8:32 pm

I am inclined to say let him walk as well.

There is absolutely no mention of interest in Buddy or their interest in moving him.

At the same time we have added young players at the position that will need minutes to develop.

I am afraid that this is a no win situation but you can at least get out as cheap as possible and keep your flexibility intact.
KF10
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings
And1: 5,442

Post#36 » by KF10 » Sun Nov 22, 2020 9:04 pm

Vlade is a one huge fool when he offered all of those contracts to players on a team that won't even compete for a PO spot. Offering his buddy a coaching contract in Luke is a cherry on top.

God they are so stupid.

McNair has his hands full with this mess.
KF10
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings
And1: 5,442

Post#37 » by KF10 » Sun Nov 22, 2020 9:16 pm

I kind of want to keep Bogdan and fully focus on dumping Buddy asap.

But if we decide to match and keep Bogdan, having those two on roster completely twists McNair's arm in future flexibility. To have $50m+ locked for a single position is NOT GOOD for a 30-win team. No one can convince me otherwise.

So, either way, the Kings are kind of screwed here.

We are at risk in losing Bogdan for nothing and have Buddy's bloated contract still on roster. Remember this guy has been toxic when he opens his mouth when he talks about Luke. Buddy was relegated to the bench in favor for Bogdan. Luke is a bum of a coach but you can't air out your dirty laundry and take public jabs at a coach -- which Buddy has done throughout last season.

I believe their relationship is almost beyond repair. If I have to guess, both Buddy and Luke will play nice at first because most likely Buddy will be the starting 2 guard after Bogdan's departure. But the moment when Buddy has a stretch of bad games, Luke comments, Buddy gets mad and rinse and repeat. He gets bench in favor for another player. The same circus again.
OGSactownballer
Lead Assistant

Post#38 » by OGSactownballer » Sun Nov 22, 2020 10:24 pm

Completely agree.

My take is that you actually make Buddy look as good as possible. Make him the #1 option and get his averages back to at LEAST where he was in the contract year if not better.

Then at the deadline when the contenders who need shooting are getting desperate, you oook to unload him for expiring and a future pick.

Value will be back to net positive and you have opened up cap and relieved the money glut at the position.
SmellingColors
Pro Prospect
And1: 139

Post#39 » by SmellingColors » Sun Nov 22, 2020 11:11 pm

And to think if someone had just kept their mouth shut before free agency opened we would have gotten something in return in a S&T. I was looking forward to seeing what a backcourt of Fox/Haliburton/Hield/DDV could do. Two primary ball-handlers (Fox/Haliburton), two that can shoot it very well from deep (Haliburton/Hield), and two solid defenders (DDV/Haliburton) with Fox hopefully improving as an defender this year.

I still think, toxic as Buddy may be, you pick the one of Bogi/Buddy that can shoot lights out from 3, put primary ball-handlers around him to minimize his mistakes, and try to boost his trade value as OG said before the deadline. Just sucks it also means letting Bogi walk for nothing, but bringing him back would lower Hield's value even further and make it very difficult to trade Bogi later on.
wco81
RealGM
And1: 9,136

Post#40 » by wco81 » Sun Nov 22, 2020 11:12 pm

Kings also drafted Hali that they want to give minutes to and of course Fox got a huge extension so there's a glut in the backcourt and a lot of money committed.

Can they sign and trade? Maybe at least get back some of the Hawks young players like probably Collins or Huerter?

Return to Sacramento Kings