Free Agency, Rumors, Thoughts in General 2.0

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

HornetJail
RealGM
And1: 12,535

Re: Free Agency, Rumors, Thoughts in General 2.0 

Post#361 » by HornetJail » Sun Nov 22, 2020 8:20 pm

Read on Twitter

#BringBackTheBiz

#BedBathAndBiyombo
formerly KEMBAtheMETEOR
MoneyTalks41890
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 21,076

Post#362 » by MoneyTalks41890 » Sun Nov 22, 2020 8:23 pm

KEMBAtheMETEOR wrote:
Read on Twitter

#BringBackTheBiz

#BedBathAndBiyombo

Just snag MKG and sign any “Walker” and bring back your old username
HornetJail
RealGM
And1: 12,535

Post#363 » by HornetJail » Sun Nov 22, 2020 8:25 pm

MoneyTalks41890 wrote:
KEMBAtheMETEOR wrote:
Read on Twitter

#BringBackTheBiz

#BedBathAndBiyombo

my Panthers have PJ Walker starting at QB today so 2/3 are covered lol

anybody named Gilbert out there we can sign?
formerly KEMBAtheMETEOR
MoneyTalks41890
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#364 » by MoneyTalks41890 » Sun Nov 22, 2020 8:27 pm

KEMBAtheMETEOR wrote:
MoneyTalks41890 wrote:
KEMBAtheMETEOR wrote:
Read on Twitter

#BringBackTheBiz

#BedBathAndBiyombo

my Panthers have PJ Walker starting at QB today so 2/3 are covered lol

anybody named Gilbert out there we can sign?

Arenas.
Buzzard
RealGM
And1: 7,522

Post#365 » by Buzzard » Sun Nov 22, 2020 8:31 pm

enzino wrote:i wonder how harden and westbrook are not moving before cap spaces are over

The teams with cap could not afford them. The capped teams must not be that interested. Though there is still the Knicks.
BAF Pacers: Unleash Trae!

PG Ice Trae
SG Buddy Hield/Luke Kennard/Brandin Podziemski
SF OG Anunoby/Terrence Ross/Kris Murray
PF Richaun Holmes/JaMychal Green/Chris Livingston
C KAT/Mark Williams
enzino
Veteran
And1: 141

Post#366 » by enzino » Sun Nov 22, 2020 8:34 pm

Buzzard wrote:
enzino wrote:i wonder how harden and westbrook are not moving before cap spaces are over

The teams with cap could not afford them. The capped teams must not be that interested. Though there is still the Knicks.

maybe the teams with cap can if they trade a player who makes less money but enough to keep payroll below the cap
Texas Chuck
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
And1: 88,758

Post#367 » by Texas Chuck » Sun Nov 22, 2020 8:34 pm

oh goody, be in the mix for Gasol, end up with WCS for more money. Wheee.

At least its not Boogie I suppose.

Also Dallas with the commitment to Barea, are at 16 gtd deals. Guess this means a short camp battle?
ThunderBolt wrote:I’m going to let some of you in on a little secret I learned on realgm. If you don’t like a thread, not only do you not have to comment but you don’t even have to open it and read it. You’re welcome.
Buzzard
RealGM
And1: 7,522

Post#368 » by Buzzard » Sun Nov 22, 2020 8:39 pm

Texas Chuck wrote:oh goody, be in the mix for Gasol, end up with WCS for more money. Wheee.

Also Dallas with the commitment to Barea, are at 16 gtd deals. Guess this means a short camp battle?

The end game is you got what you wanted. Plenty of cap for that 2021 Giannis run. There is still plenty of time to make a trade before the deadline if things change.
BAF Pacers: Unleash Trae!

PG Ice Trae
SG Buddy Hield/Luke Kennard/Brandin Podziemski
SF OG Anunoby/Terrence Ross/Kris Murray
PF Richaun Holmes/JaMychal Green/Chris Livingston
C KAT/Mark Williams
MoneyTalks41890
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#369 » by MoneyTalks41890 » Sun Nov 22, 2020 8:47 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=21

OKC got the protected 2021 GS 1st and 2021 DEN 2nd in the Oubre deal. These deals seem to be getting finalized with extra 2nds that weren’t reported (2024 MIN 2nd in the Rubio deal not a part of the original report)
ACMFFL
Senior
And1: 567

Post#370 » by ACMFFL » Sun Nov 22, 2020 8:52 pm

Texas Chuck wrote:oh goody, be in the mix for Gasol, end up with WCS for more money. Wheee.

:cry:

I get you: I don't like WCS at all, at least his 2nd year his a team option, thank God.
"All dreams are crazy until they come true."
K_chile22
RealGM
And1: 7,935

Post#371 » by K_chile22 » Sun Nov 22, 2020 8:53 pm

Can someone explain what I'm missing here. How does moving Javale do anything for the Lakers being able to offer Gasol more unless they get a S&T done for he or Montrezl, which seems like a long shot
Do they have the bae? I imagine that's a pretty insignificant bump from the min
Dadouv47
Forum Mod - Thunder
Forum Mod - Thunder
And1: 6,109

Post#372 » by Dadouv47 » Sun Nov 22, 2020 8:54 pm

MoneyTalks41890 wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=21

OKC got the protected 2021 GS 1st and 2021 DEN 2nd in the Oubre deal. These deals seem to be getting finalized with extra 2nds that weren’t reported (2024 MIN 2nd in the Rubio deal not a part of the original report)

still only two 2nd if pick doesn't convey?
enzino
Veteran
And1: 141

Post#373 » by enzino » Sun Nov 22, 2020 8:56 pm

BOS out: Romeo Langford, Carsen Edwards, Robert Williams, Gordon Hayward, Kemba Walker, needed BOS future FRPs
BOS in: James Harden

CHA out: Cody Zeller, Malik Monk, Nicolas Batum, cap space
CHA in: Russell Westbrook, Robert Williams, Gordon Hayward

HOU out: James Harden, Russell Westbrook
HOU in: Kemba Walker, Cody Zeller, Nicolas Batum, Romeo Langford, Carsen Edwards, Malik Monk, needed BOS future FRPs

don't know how Harden may fit in BOS
Karmaloop
General Manager
And1: 1,478

Post#374 » by Karmaloop » Sun Nov 22, 2020 8:58 pm

K_chile22 wrote:Can someone explain what I'm missing here. How does moving Javale do anything for the Lakers being able to offer Gasol more unless they get a S&T done for he or Montrezl, which seems like a long shot

If they trade McGee into cap space, they get a $4.2M trade exception. They can use that as a S&T for Marc Gasol getting him a bit more money.
K_chile22
RealGM

Post#375 » by K_chile22 » Sun Nov 22, 2020 9:01 pm

Karmaloop wrote:
K_chile22 wrote:Can someone explain what I'm missing here. How does moving Javale do anything for the Lakers being able to offer Gasol more unless they get a S&T done for he or Montrezl, which seems like a long shot

If they trade McGee into cap space, they get a $4.2M trade exception. They can use that as a S&T for Marc Gasol getting him a bit more money.
Ok, but why would Toronto, the only other team he wants to go to, do this. Lakers would have to really wow them with an offer
loserX
And1: 26,046

Post#376 » by loserX » Sun Nov 22, 2020 9:06 pm

K_chile22 wrote:
Karmaloop wrote:

Ok, but why would Toronto, the only other team he wants to go to, do this. Lakers would have to really wow them with an offer

It really depends what Gasol wants. If he says "I'm going to the Lakers...or the Knicks" then the Raps might as well just S&T Gasol to the Lakers for a TPE and cash or a 2nd.

Heck they might as well just take McGee back themselves. They're going to need centres.

If Gasol on the other hand says "I'm playing for the most money", then yeah, Toronto offers him that and is done with it.
Texas Chuck
And1: 88,758

Post#377 » by Texas Chuck » Sun Nov 22, 2020 9:07 pm

ACM_Dirk wrote:

:cry:

I get you: I don't like WCS at all, at least his 2nd year his a team option, thank God.

He's fine for what he is--an emergency depth center. But I thought Dallas had a chance to get a guy who pushed for minutes. He will help early until KP and Powell are ready to go, but then he goes back to the bench. Gasol pushes Powell out of the rotation which would mean an upgrade.

Right now Dallas is counting on Luka taking another big step which is optimistic, Richardson really making a defensive difference without hampering the offense, and those first 2 draft picks to give them something or else they are just going to in that group of 4-5 teams fighting for the last couple playoff spots.

After telling us they were going to be aggressive and not wait for next year, they are pretty clearly waiting for next year.
ThunderBolt wrote:I’m going to let some of you in on a little secret I learned on realgm. If you don’t like a thread, not only do you not have to comment but you don’t even have to open it and read it. You’re welcome.
ejftw
General Manager
And1: 3,890

Post#378 » by ejftw » Sun Nov 22, 2020 9:11 pm

K_chile22 wrote:
Karmaloop wrote:

Lakers are also hugging the hard cap and have five slots to fill, if I'm not mistaken. By moving McGee, they can potentially pick up a TPE for multiple reasons, including to give Gasol more $$$ or to pick up another piece if Marc comes for the min.

For the Raptors, if Marc is adamant on joining the Lakers, they could get a hold of the McGee TPE and try to squeeze out a second or two in return as opposed to getting nothing. They'd also get brownie points for helping a vet go somewhere he wants to win.
K_chile22
RealGM

Post#379 » by K_chile22 » Sun Nov 22, 2020 9:11 pm

loserX wrote:
K_chile22 wrote:
Karmaloop wrote:

It really depends what Gasol wants. If he says "I'm going to the Lakers...or the Knicks" then the Raps might as well just S&T Gasol to the Lakers for a TPE and cash or a 2nd.

Heck they might as well just take McGee back themselves. They're going to need centres.

If Gasol on the other hand says "I'm playing for the most money", then yeah, Toronto offers him that and is done with it.
Given the lakers hard cap situation and tradable salary I doubt Toronto would care about a $4m trade exception and that's as big as he Lakers can get
loserX
And1: 26,046

Post#380 » by loserX » Sun Nov 22, 2020 9:12 pm

Another good low-key addition for the Suns:

Read on Twitter

Return to Trades and Transactions