ImageImageImageImageImage

Turncoat Trezz.. Lets talk about it

Moderators: og15, TrueLAfan

Clemenza
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,196

Turncoat Trezz.. Lets talk about it 

Post#1 » by Clemenza » Sat Nov 21, 2020 4:03 pm

Well, well, well what do we have here. Looks like he finally showed his true colors after all. He was Klutch all along. Airing out all the locker room drama to the media. He was one of my favorite players too- minus the bubble of course. This feels like the ending of a Scooby Doo mystery when Fred pulls the disguise/mask off the culprit. Man I can't believe this sh*t. We knew he was gone but this is a hell of a rug pull- Hulk Hogan turning heel maneuver. But whatever, much love to him.. If this doesn't light a fire under the team I don't know what will. Time for some revenge.. Lets Go!!
James2000
Sophomore
And1: 27

Re: Turncoat Trezz.. Lets talk about it 

Post#2 » by James2000 » Sat Nov 21, 2020 4:14 pm

Well, if you look at this, its not the end of the world. We have money to attract Ibaka or Thompson. In addition, we need more internal chemistry. Also, now we have a staff that can develop our talent and make them more an impact to our team. If you look at this past season, our young talent wasn't much of an impact. Now we have coaches who either came from teams that was involved with the development of the talent or was directly involved in making the players close to allstar level.

It can be look as a mix blessing based upon we need alot of the old regime to go so we can create, what Kawai Leonard mentioned in the playoff exit "Smart Players ". We can homegrown our talent and be effective in the playoffs.
TheNewEra
RealGM
And1: 10,409

Post#3 » by TheNewEra » Sat Nov 21, 2020 5:43 pm

Not all that upset he left or went to the lakers as long as he’s not here. Should make the future matchups more fun
nickhx2
RealGM
And1: 6,261

Post#4 » by nickhx2 » Sat Nov 21, 2020 7:18 pm

couldn't care less where he is or what he says. he was one of the problems and he is now gone.
Galloisdaman
Analyst
And1: 2,167

Post#5 » by Galloisdaman » Sat Nov 21, 2020 9:35 pm

This one really shocked me. 6th man of the year to bye bye for a under the market contract to a cross town rival?
I was surprised Green was let go as well.
My eyes glaze over when reading alternative stat (not advanced stat) narratives that go many paragraphs long. If you can not make your point in 2 paragraphs it may not be a great point. :D
KL78192020
RealGM
And1: 14,430

Post#6 » by KL78192020 » Sat Nov 21, 2020 9:43 pm

The shocking thing is the price. Pretty cheap compared to all the contracts being thrown around. He had a bad playoffs, yes but he had a great season and his performance in the 2018-2019 playoffs was actually decent as well. he'll be a good fit next to AD.
TucsonClip
Sixth Man
And1: 937

Post#7 » by TucsonClip » Sat Nov 21, 2020 10:46 pm

I wish him nothing but the best, but he's a Laker now so expect all hate.

What is hilarious to me is Laker fan trying to rub this in our faces. He's actually a good fit next to Bron and AD, but they clearly didn't watch him in the playoffs the last two years. Enjoy...
Plus, why would I want to go to the NBA? Duke players suck in the pros.

- Shane Battier
esqtvd
RealGM
And1: 3,886

Post#8 » by esqtvd » Sat Nov 21, 2020 10:51 pm

Galloisdaman wrote:This one really shocked me. 6th man of the year to bye bye for a under the market contract to a cross town rival?

And so quickly! Obviously not one big happy Clipper family... :(

hey we miss you around here man :D
Image Are We Having Fun Yet?
lautreamont
Junior
And1: 248

Post#9 » by lautreamont » Sat Nov 21, 2020 11:31 pm

TucsonClip wrote:I wish him nothing but the best, but he's a Laker now so expect all hate.

What is hilarious to me is Laker fan trying to rub this in our faces. He's actually a good fit next to Bron and AD, but they clearly didn't watch him in the playoffs the last two years. Enjoy...

The last two years? In 2018-19 MH scored 18 PPG on 73% shooting in 26 minutes per game in the playoffs. You consider that to be a bad performance?
TucsonClip
Sixth Man
And1: 937

Post#10 » by TucsonClip » Sat Nov 21, 2020 11:45 pm

lautreamont wrote:
TucsonClip wrote:I wish him nothing but the best, but he's a Laker now so expect all hate.

The last two years? In 2018-19 MH scored 18 PPG on 73% shooting in 26 minutes per game in the playoffs. You consider that to be a bad performance?

He got played off the floor the last two postseasons. He's a massive liability on defense and his lack of defensive rebounding only makes matters worse.

His scoring was obviously vital in the regular season. Didn't change the fact he was an overall minus the last two seasons when it mattered.
Plus, why would I want to go to the NBA? Duke players suck in the pros.

- Shane Battier
nickhx2
RealGM
And1: 6,261

Post#11 » by nickhx2 » Sat Nov 21, 2020 11:48 pm

two sides to basketball, you know

he clearly didn't pass the eye test in any game he played this offseason. but if you want to get deeper his off court/on court team numbers were abysmal.
Galloisdaman
Analyst

Post#12 » by Galloisdaman » Sun Nov 22, 2020 2:56 am

esqtvd wrote:
Galloisdaman wrote:This one really shocked me. 6th man of the year to bye bye for a under the market contract to a cross town rival?

Thanks dude. Did Trezz even give you guys a chance to match that offer?
My eyes glaze over when reading alternative stat (not advanced stat) narratives that go many paragraphs long. If you can not make your point in 2 paragraphs it may not be a great point. :D
esqtvd
RealGM
And1: 3,886

Post#13 » by esqtvd » Sun Nov 22, 2020 3:08 am

Galloisdaman wrote:
esqtvd wrote:

I'd guess no--I think the disenchantment was mutual. It all started on January 3 when Trezz let slip all was not right in Ballmer Nation:

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2869756-clippers-montrezl-harrell-after-loss-to-grizzlies-were-not-a-great-team

The 14-22 Memphis Grizzlies demolished the 25-12 Los Angeles Clippers 140-114 on Saturday afternoon at the Staples Center.

Clippers forward Montrezl Harrell led the team with 28 points, but the 25-year-old reserve was far from boastful postgame. Harrell, among other things, told reporters the Clippers are "not a great team":

Tomer Azarly
    @TomerAzarly
    Montrezl Harrell on feeling the embarrassment, hearing fans boo - “I am. Us as a team that should wake you up. Losing by 20+ points on your home floor, getting embarrassed, and booed by your home fans, that should wake anybody up.” #Clippers https://t.co/LCSigUFIyi

This result marked L.A.'s fifth loss this season to a sub-.500 opponent.
Image Are We Having Fun Yet?
Quake Griffin
RealGM
And1: 4,640

Post#14 » by Quake Griffin » Sun Nov 22, 2020 4:55 am

Good bye Trezzy.
Take the Irrational-Doc-Loyalty vibes with you.

We’ve got a roster to build and it is already a good thing that you are no longer on it.
“I’ve always felt that drafting is the life blood of any organization.” - Jerome Alan West.
madmaxmedia
RealGM
And1: 6,693

Post#15 » by madmaxmedia » Sun Nov 22, 2020 6:16 am

He had a good run here, it was time for it to end.
Vae Victus
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,831

Post#16 » by Vae Victus » Sun Nov 22, 2020 6:23 am

I'm still in disbelief on how he became such a bitter piece of ****, airing out all the bad laundry of the locker room, ruining chemistry further

Doc spoiled his punk bitch ass, giving him way too many mins and touches than he deserved over more impactful player (Zubac). I mean goddamn, i cant wait to see how Lebron kicks his ass when he starts yapping like an idiot. The Lakers didnt want to tolerate DHo's damn foolishness and didnt bother to re-up him for the vet min, so clearly something has to give.

However, getting Serge Ibaka on a bargain deal, sure took all the fan bitterness away though! Serge is gonna be HUGE for LAC.
NippySudz
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,460

Post#17 » by NippySudz » Sun Nov 22, 2020 6:30 am

TheNewEra wrote:Not all that upset he left or went to the lakers as long as he’s not here. Should make the future matchups more fun

same. the clippers had no use for him to be honest. That was Doc's guy. His mins were going to be cut. If he stayed with the clippers, they were definitely gong to trade him. Playing with Lebron James gets players paid. Its the biggest spotlight and if he produces, he'll get a long term contract with any team. Vogel will also not overplay him and expose him. The only thing I have a problem with is the locker room ****. Dude was emotional wreck but I never thought he'd stoop that low.

I wish him all the best in personal and professional life.
Quake Griffin
RealGM
And1: 4,640

Post#18 » by Quake Griffin » Sun Nov 22, 2020 12:14 pm

Is my mind playing tricks on me? Didnt this guy n LeBron have some type of Instagram post/exchange where they were real chummy with each other. Where he was essentially calling Bron like his bug bro?

Maybe I’m dreaming this. But I thought something like this happened and I wasnt feeling it.

He’s the enemy. Even if you’re friends off the court.
Optics please.
“I’ve always felt that drafting is the life blood of any organization.” - Jerome Alan West.
Galloisdaman
Analyst

Post#19 » by Galloisdaman » Sun Nov 22, 2020 8:54 pm

esqtvd wrote:
Galloisdaman wrote:
esqtvd wrote:

I'd guess no--I think the disenchantment was mutual. It all started on January 3 when Trezz let slip all was not right in Ballmer Nation:

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2869756-clippers-montrezl-harrell-after-loss-to-grizzlies-were-not-a-great-team

The 14-22 Memphis Grizzlies demolished the 25-12 Los Angeles Clippers 140-114 on Saturday afternoon at the Staples Center.

Clippers forward Montrezl Harrell led the team with 28 points, but the 25-year-old reserve was far from boastful postgame. Harrell, among other things, told reporters the Clippers are "not a great team":

Tomer Azarly
    @TomerAzarly
    Montrezl Harrell on feeling the embarrassment, hearing fans boo - “I am. Us as a team that should wake you up. Losing by 20+ points on your home floor, getting embarrassed, and booed by your home fans, that should wake anybody up.” #Clippers https://t.co/LCSigUFIyi

This result marked L.A.'s fifth loss this season to a sub-.500 opponent.

I can understand why some guys like Trez might resent the load management stuff but that is part of pro sports. I remember years ago Jimmy Johnson cut a backup Cowboys running back for sleeping in a meeting. The media asked Jimmy if he would have treated Emmit Smith the same way. Jimmy laughed at the question and said something like he would get Emmit a pillow.

On a side note I do not think it is good for the league that one agent/agency seems to try to steer players to Lebron. Makes me think less of Lebron as well.

I thought you guys had a great team last season with Trezz, and Green but it was petty stuff like this that did you in.

I was surprised at the huge contract given Morris. He is a good player (not always) but I have to admit he made you guys hard to root for in the playoffs.
TheNewEra
RealGM
And1: 10,409

Post#20 » by TheNewEra » Sun Nov 22, 2020 9:10 pm

Lou has been very quiet

Return to Los Angeles Clippers