Who Actually Wants Julius Randle?

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

NYG
RealGM
And1: 2,585

Re: Who Actually Wants Julius Randle? 

Post#21 » by NYG » Sun Nov 22, 2020 8:12 pm

Randle for OPJ, Satoransky and Felicio?
ChettheJet
Head Coach
And1: 1,913

Post#22 » by ChettheJet » Sun Nov 22, 2020 9:34 pm

As much as it might be attractive for the Bulls to shed salary a year early I can't see the Knicks having a welcoming party for those three. It leaves the Bulls genuinely short at the SF, Young instead of Porter would be perfect for the Bulls and that much worse for NYK.
Knickfan1982
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,158

Post#23 » by Knickfan1982 » Sun Nov 22, 2020 11:39 pm

loserX wrote:I happen to like Randle, but admittedly the market for him will be thin unless the Knicks are willing to take back bad salary, which they shouldn't.

The Batum swap seems reasonable if the Hornets pay for it. If I'm the Knicks I don't get bullied over Randle's $4M buyout next year, which can be stretched over 3 years for less than the veteran minimum.

The Kings seem like a possibility if they want to move Hield's money, and the Knicks can at least sell Hield as a useful player.

I would do that deal in half a second. Would still love to see some genuine long range shooters added to this team.
Why rely on nuance, facts and logic when you can bludgeon the other side with mindless repetition of "Duuur McDaniel's has potential :tooth and still be treated as if you were reasonable.
NYG
RealGM

Post#24 » by NYG » Mon Nov 23, 2020 12:40 am

KEMBAtheMETEOR wrote:Batum straight up almost completely solves our issue with fitting in Hayward. Maybe we throw in a 2nd as NY would take back $8M this year and Charlotte takes back $4M next year

Batum and 2022 Hornets 2nd for Randle?
HornetJail
RealGM
And1: 12,532

Post#25 » by HornetJail » Mon Nov 23, 2020 12:43 am

NYG wrote:
KEMBAtheMETEOR wrote:Batum straight up almost completely solves our issue with fitting in Hayward. Maybe we throw in a 2nd as NY would take back $8M this year and Charlotte takes back $4M next year

make it 2025
formerly KEMBAtheMETEOR
NYG
RealGM

Post#26 » by NYG » Mon Nov 23, 2020 12:50 am

KEMBAtheMETEOR wrote:
NYG wrote:

make it 2025

Would you add earlier of 2021 Nets/Clippers 2nd?
HornetJail
RealGM
And1: 12,532

Post#27 » by HornetJail » Mon Nov 23, 2020 1:05 am

NYG wrote:
KEMBAtheMETEOR wrote:
NYG wrote:

make it 2025

probably yeah
formerly KEMBAtheMETEOR
NYG
RealGM

Post#28 » by NYG » Mon Nov 23, 2020 1:07 am

KEMBAtheMETEOR wrote:
NYG wrote:
KEMBAtheMETEOR wrote:make it 2025

probably yeah

Batum, earlier of ‘21 Nets/Clippers 2nd and ‘25 Hornets 2nd for Randle? I would do that... how much cap space would that leave the Knicks with $18-20 Million?
basketballwacko2
RealGM
And1: 3,930

Post#29 » by basketballwacko2 » Mon Nov 23, 2020 1:18 am

I'd give them 2 2nds just to avoid the Stretch of Batum. Randle is a flawed player but at least you have a player and he could still be traded at the dead line if some team has injuries and needs a PF banger. Worst case is you keep him and buy him out for the $4 million guarantee next summer.
basketballwacko2
RealGM
And1: 3,930

Post#30 » by basketballwacko2 » Mon Nov 23, 2020 1:30 am

hugepatsfan wrote:

BOS could jump in and pay whatever the draft pick cost is to create the TPE. I could see us throwing a couple 2nds to NY and a couple 2nds to CHA.

That's not a bad idea but how likely are the Celtics to use that TPE? They'd be going deep in the tax wouldn't they?
loserX
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
And1: 26,046

Post#31 » by loserX » Mon Nov 23, 2020 1:32 am

basketballwacko2 wrote:
hugepatsfan wrote:

BOS could jump in and pay whatever the draft pick cost is to create the TPE. I could see us throwing a couple 2nds to NY and a couple 2nds to CHA.

That's not a bad idea but how likely are the Celtics to use that TPE? They'd be going deep in the tax wouldn't they?

They don't have to use all of it. They'd get a year to decide.
loserX

Post#32 » by loserX » Mon Nov 23, 2020 1:33 am

hugepatsfan wrote:

That's smart; I like that.
hugepatsfan
Head Coach
And1: 6,309

Post#33 » by hugepatsfan » Mon Nov 23, 2020 1:41 am

basketballwacko2 wrote:
hugepatsfan wrote:

Right now we have 15 players under contract with either $13.5 or $15.7M of wiggle room under the luxury tax line (depends on if Teague was BAE or vet minimum signing). Our hardcap is at the apron but I can't imagine we go over the tax this year with the long term benefit of staying under one more year.

So we could partially dip into it to take a player back for up to that amount (and any of current player's salary added back would be added onto what we can take back since that'd be off the books).

Any unused portion of the TPE can be rolled over to next year too though when we would be able to use up to the full thing (not S&T though since that hard caps us and we can't take a ton back without hitting that).
NYG
RealGM

Post#34 » by NYG » Mon Nov 23, 2020 2:07 am

What would the Knicks need to add to a Julius Randle for Brandon Ingram sign and trade?
loserX

Post#35 » by loserX » Mon Nov 23, 2020 2:20 am

NYG wrote:What would the Knicks need to add to a Julius Randle for Brandon Ingram sign and trade?

A reason for New Orleans to do it.

He was the prize in the AD trade and turned out to be exactly what they wanted. Can't imagine why they would say "nah" now.
bigmean
Assistant Coach
And1: 133

Post#36 » by bigmean » Mon Nov 23, 2020 2:30 am

Washington gets barnes and hield
Sacramento gets Randle, smith, rj barrett Bullock
Ny gets wall and rights to halliburton
Yenrallik1111
Sixth Man
And1: 329

Post#37 » by Yenrallik1111 » Mon Nov 23, 2020 2:36 am

As a raptors fan I will offer McCaw, Davis, and Johnson and a couple seconds?? do not even think that works money wise but it is the best I can muster up.
stinger14
Starter
And1: 768

Post#38 » by stinger14 » Mon Nov 23, 2020 2:40 am

Would the Pacers have any interest if they trade Turner? Something like Batum to NY, Turner to Charlotte, Randle to Indiana. Obviously there would be picks involved, and maybe other players too.
Prospect Dong
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,122

Post#39 » by Prospect Dong » Mon Nov 23, 2020 3:01 am

I actually think the Grizzlies could be a fit, but I'm really unsure about the value. JJJ is a rare big who can cover for a nonshooting non-rim-protector, but he's never going to be an elite volume scorer, or even an adequate rebounder, it looks like. So he and Randle cover for each others' weaknesses quite well, at least in theory.

Randle can play some small-ball 5, right?

Dieng's expiring for Randle straight up works fine. That gets NY off the second year of Randle's deal, and gets them a very good backup 5 who can shoot a bit from the outside. But I'm entirely unsure whether Memphis should be devoting $18m of next year's cap space to a positional dinosaur and/or how to compensate for the extra year...
"shooting free throws in the ACC is much tougher"

KawhiRaptors
Knickfan1982
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,158

Post#40 » by Knickfan1982 » Mon Nov 23, 2020 3:05 am

loserX wrote:
NYG wrote:What would the Knicks need to add to a Julius Randle for Brandon Ingram sign and trade?

A reason for New Orleans to do it.

:lol: That's hystertical.

Unless of course the option is lose Ingram for nothing or try to squeeze whatever picks they can get from the Knicks I see no reason for Nawlin's to consider this.
Why rely on nuance, facts and logic when you can bludgeon the other side with mindless repetition of "Duuur McDaniel's has potential :tooth and still be treated as if you were reasonable.

Return to Trades and Transactions