ImageImageImageImageImage

Free Agent Talk

Moderators: Sleepy51, Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose

wupuck
Freshman
And1: 18

Re: Free Agent Talk 

Post#1401 » by wupuck » Sun Nov 22, 2020 10:06 am

So with Wannamaker signed to the Vet Min. Assuming the Dubs can land Gasol for the MLE, that would make the roster:

Guards: Curry - Wiggins - Wannamaker - Lee - Poole - Mannion
Forwards: Green - Oubre - Looney - Paschall - JTA
Center: Chriss - Gasol - Wiseman

Would they still go after GR3? I know they had interest in getting him back after they traded him.
Then who could they get for the DPE? Jabari Parker? Not sure who they could get for $9M w/o overpaying.
migya
Head Coach
And1: 1,334

Post#1402 » by migya » Sun Nov 22, 2020 2:17 pm

Austin Rivers looks likea good fit and if he can be had for the rest of the MLE he'd be good value. He would also allow Wiggins to play more at SF where he fits a bit better.
ChuckDurn
Assistant Coach
And1: 789

Post#1403 » by ChuckDurn » Sun Nov 22, 2020 5:41 pm

wupuck wrote:So with Wannamaker signed to the Vet Min. Assuming the Dubs can land Gasol for the MLE, that would make the roster:

Guards: Curry - Wiggins - Wannamaker - Lee - Poole - Mannion
Forwards: Green - Oubre - Looney - Paschall - JTA
Center: Chriss - Gasol - Wiseman

Would they still go after GR3? I know they had interest in getting him back after they traded him.
Then who could they get for the DPE? Jabari Parker? Not sure who they could get for $9M w/o overpaying.

Wanamaker wasn’t signed for the bet minimum - his salary is $2.25M, which is greater than the minimum, so it’s going to use up part of the MLE.

With the rest of the MLE (~$3.4M), I hope they’re able to sign GR3. They desperately need some more high-quality shooting on the wing, and with his knowledge of the Warriors’ system and players, it’s a great fit. Plus, it seems to be about the right value for him. I truly, truly hope that we’re talking to him, possibly negotiating something that’s a longer in duration than just 1 year, and that they’re able to close a deal. If they don’t, to me there’s a big step down to the next proven quality shooting wing in the league that’s available and would consider coming for that amount of money. (And yes, Korver’s still available, but he’s not viable on defense anymore, and we need somebody who can play some on both ends of the court, as GR3 does.)

And I hope the Warriors do get Gasol for the DPE (assuming it’s approved, which sounds like it might take a few days. Apparently it usually takes the league 1-2 weeks to review / approve the medical reports to confirm that the injured player could not come back in time, hopefully they can do it a little quicker this time). If Gasol doesn’t sign with anybody (including Toronto) over the next day or two, it probably is a sign that he’s waiting it out to see if the Warriors are going to be able to officially make the offer to him.
If I don't have anything funny to say, can I still have a signature?
xdrta+
General Manager
And1: 7,177

Post#1404 » by xdrta+ » Sun Nov 22, 2020 6:45 pm

Who said he'd be out of the league by now?

Read on Twitter
HiRez
RealGM
And1: 3,578

Post#1405 » by HiRez » Sun Nov 22, 2020 9:58 pm

Why did the Warriors wait a few days after Klay was official to apply for the DPE? Shouldn’t they have done that immediately so they don’t have to wait on deals? Is the NBA required to grant or reject in some fixed time period?
CaliWG
Freshman
And1: 13

Post#1406 » by CaliWG » Sun Nov 22, 2020 10:07 pm

I’d be disappointed if Lee was on the roster & not Mulder. Saw this stat on Twitter: In 4 of his 7 games played Mulder made at least 3 threes & shot at least 40% from 3. Lee only did it 11 times in 49 games. Mulder is the better shooter & the Warriors desperately need 3 point shooting.
Mylie10
RealGM
And1: 9,612

Post#1407 » by Mylie10 » Sun Nov 22, 2020 10:11 pm

CaliWG wrote:I’d be disappointed if Lee was on the roster & not Mulder. Saw this stat on Twitter: In 4 of his 7 games played Mulder made at least 3 threes & shot at least 40% from 3. Lee only did it 11 times in 49 games. Mulder is the better shooter & the Warriors desperately need 3 point shooting.

I actually agree with this. I too would keep Mulder over Lee.

Lee tries really hard, but honestly he has a hard time competing anywhere around the basket. Mulder just has such a quick release and I feel he only needs an opportunity to prove his worth.

Lee is kind of in their plans a little bit though.
Khoee wrote “
Mav_Carter wrote: my list doesn't matter...I'm pretty much wrong on everything...
ILOVEIT
RealGM
And1: 3,375

Post#1408 » by ILOVEIT » Mon Nov 23, 2020 12:52 am

Well looks like Marc going to the Lakers :(

I think that's it boys from the FA world. I'm guessing that if the Warriors do any further moves it will be in another trade with the 9 million.
2021/22 - The return of the Ring.
DAWill1128
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,685

Post#1409 » by DAWill1128 » Mon Nov 23, 2020 12:55 am

Read on Twitter
wco81
RealGM
And1: 9,135

Post#1410 » by wco81 » Mon Nov 23, 2020 12:59 am

Javale, leave the Warriors under appreciated.

Shows loyalty to Lakers and secures a 2 year deal with player option that he exercised.

But Lakers trade him to make cap space for Gasol.
xdrta+
General Manager
And1: 7,177

Post#1411 » by xdrta+ » Mon Nov 23, 2020 1:24 am

I don't mind missing on Gasol. We've got until April or something to use the DPE, assuming we get it. No rush, let's see what happens the first few months of the season. Some teams may turn upside down and we can score something valuable.
B-King
Rookie
And1: 203

Post#1412 » by B-King » Mon Nov 23, 2020 1:33 am

Looks like we may have to wait it out for players to get released later on by teams falling out of the race.
ILOVEIT
RealGM
And1: 3,375

Post#1413 » by ILOVEIT » Mon Nov 23, 2020 1:35 am

Banes gone to Raptors after they lost Gasol.

So...Wannamaker...Bazemore...(strictly FA signins)...missing out on Ibaka, Gasol, Banes...pretty poor showing SO FAR by the Warriors.
2021/22 - The return of the Ring.
Scoots1994
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,022

Post#1414 » by Scoots1994 » Mon Nov 23, 2020 2:27 am

ILOVEIT wrote:Banes gone to Raptors after they lost Gasol.

So...Wannamaker...Bazemore...(strictly FA signins)...missing out on Ibaka, Gasol, Banes...pretty poor showing SO FAR by the Warriors.

Keep in mind they came into FA with just the TPMLE, so very little ammo.
Mylie10
RealGM

Post#1415 » by Mylie10 » Mon Nov 23, 2020 2:59 am

And our draft pick changed priorities. And if Klay wasn’t injured, I believe we were a legit shot at Ibaka.

I think Wanamaker is an under rated really good signing when you factor in the catch and shoot threes and his three point shooting....on top of good defense.

The Bazemore signing makes sense from a chemistry and playmaking standpoint. He used to be a good defender, but not so much anymore.

If we do anything else, I’d like Robinson back for more wing depth.

But I personally don’t think we need another big man and so far it doesn’t seem to have been a priority with the front office after getting wiseman either.
Khoee wrote “
Mav_Carter wrote: my list doesn't matter...I'm pretty much wrong on everything...
ahmetmekin
Pro Prospect
And1: 476

Post#1416 » by ahmetmekin » Mon Nov 23, 2020 3:04 am

Mylie10 wrote:And our draft pick changed priorities. And if Klay wasn’t injured, I believe we were a legit shot at Ibaka.

I think Wanamaker is an under rated really good signing when you factor in the catch and shoot threes and his three point shooting....on top of good defense.

The Bazemore signing makes sense from a chemistry and playmaking standpoint. He used to be a good defender, but not so much anymore.

But I personally don’t think we need another big man and so far it doesn’t seem to have been a priority with the front office after getting wiseman either.

A big is not necessary for the regular season but can be useful in the playoffs against the star centers in the west.
Rudruff
Junior
And1: 120

Post#1417 » by Rudruff » Mon Nov 23, 2020 3:11 am

I don't think the strategy will be to match up with the star centers in the playoffs. Instead, play them off the court by having to switch onto Curry.
Mylie10
RealGM

Post#1418 » by Mylie10 » Mon Nov 23, 2020 3:22 am

We can make a deal or two at the trade deadline if the roster needs something.
Khoee wrote “
cdubbz
RealGM
And1: 2,793

Post#1419 » by cdubbz » Mon Nov 23, 2020 3:52 am

screw it lets get Hassan Whiteside babyyyy!!!!
Kuya wrote: a good agent collects all the data, including quotes to give them leverage in contract deals.
Scoots1994
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,022

Post#1420 » by Scoots1994 » Mon Nov 23, 2020 4:10 am

ahmetmekin wrote:
Mylie10 wrote:And our draft pick changed priorities. And if Klay wasn’t injured, I believe we were a legit shot at Ibaka.

A big is not necessary for the regular season but can be useful in the playoffs against the star centers in the west.

Bogut?

Return to Golden State Warriors