ImageImage

Bucks acquire Jrue Holiday - Trade done - Bucks 2022 to CLE unprotected

Moderators: paulpressey25, MickeyDavis

nips82
Ballboy
And1: 28

Re: Bucks acquire Jrue Holiday 

Post#961 » by nips82 » Sun Nov 22, 2020 10:09 pm

Can anyone guess what these numbers show?

11.8 ppg
32% fg

24 ppg
47% fg
“Early drinkin’ means quick drunken.” - Ted Lasso
raferfenix
RealGM
And1: 3,520

Post#962 » by raferfenix » Sun Nov 22, 2020 10:18 pm

Balls2TheWalls wrote:
raferfenix wrote:Whether Holiday can take his game up a notch playing with Giannis and Middleton in Bud’s system is a significant variable.

He’ll definitely get more wide open looks and lanes to the hoop that he has in some time.

It’s possible Regular Season Bledsoe vs Jrue is close. But it also might not be when we actually get to see Holiday play here.

I said it in the other post, but I'll say it here. The benefit is consistency. He is going to give you what you wish Bledsoe gave you on a night to night basis instead of swinging wildy from Good Eric to Bad Eric. The difference in the Bucks when you saw 3 stars on the team compared to when you saw 2 (or 1 when Middleton was in a funk) was monstrous. He plays under control. He plays great defense. I think we are easily the best defensive team in the league on paper with a starting lineup of Jrue/DDV/Mid/Giannis/Blopez.

How often was Bledsoe a “star” for us on both sides of the ball?

I’m hoping that Holiday can both be more consistent as well as have a higher ceiling when he is feeling it.

For that matter the ideal is that Jrue consistently is our 2nd best player.
Chad34
RealGM
And1: 5,198

Post#963 » by Chad34 » Sun Nov 22, 2020 10:26 pm

raferfenix wrote:
Balls2TheWalls wrote:
raferfenix wrote:Whether Holiday can take his game up a notch playing with Giannis and Middleton in Bud’s system is a significant variable.

He’ll definitely get more wide open looks and lanes to the hoop that he has in some time.

It’s possible Regular Season Bledsoe vs Jrue is close. But it also might not be when we actually get to see Holiday play here.

I said it in the other post, but I'll say it here. The benefit is consistency. He is going to give you what you wish Bledsoe gave you on a night to night basis instead of swinging wildy from Good Eric to Bad Eric. The difference in the Bucks when you saw 3 stars on the team compared to when you saw 2 (or 1 when Middleton was in a funk) was monstrous. He plays under control. He plays great defense. I think we are easily the best defensive team in the league on paper with a starting lineup of Jrue/DDV/Mid/Giannis/Blopez.

How often was Bledsoe a “star” for us on both sides of the ball?

I’m hoping that Holiday can both be more consistent as well as have a higher ceiling when he is feeling it.

For that matter the ideal is that Jrue consistently is our 2nd best player.

One thing, you never hear bledsoe's peers talking about him like Jrue. Jrue is highly regarded, that has to mean something. Jrue is a monster upgrade.
WRau1
RealGM
And1: 5,144

Post#964 » by WRau1 » Sun Nov 22, 2020 10:26 pm

Is this goddamn deal done yet or what?
#FreeChuckDiesel
#FreeNowak008
#FreeNewz
Chad34
RealGM

Post#965 » by Chad34 » Sun Nov 22, 2020 10:27 pm

WRau1 wrote:Is this goddamn deal done yet or what?

yes it's official
Read on Twitter
mke_design
Analyst
And1: 2,061

Post#966 » by mke_design » Sun Nov 22, 2020 10:27 pm

Yes.
DavidDunn21 wrote:So please allow me to continue to be the scapegoat for our very rational fears, but just remember that I understand and forgive all of you.
MikeIsGood
RealGM
And1: 9,590

Post#967 » by MikeIsGood » Sun Nov 22, 2020 10:29 pm

mke_design wrote:

Yes.

Wait really? When did it go live?

ETA: Go live. Lord I need to work less.
Chad34
RealGM

Post#968 » by Chad34 » Sun Nov 22, 2020 10:30 pm

MikeIsGood wrote:
mke_design wrote:

Yes.

Wait really? When did it go live?

ETA: Go live. Lord I need to work less.

Read on Twitter
MikeIsGood
RealGM
And1: 9,590

Post#969 » by MikeIsGood » Sun Nov 22, 2020 10:32 pm

Chad34 wrote:
Read on Twitter

My Josh Hart dreams have shattered. Oh well :(
nips82
Ballboy

Post#970 » by nips82 » Sun Nov 22, 2020 10:40 pm

nips82 wrote:Can anyone guess what these numbers show?

11.8 ppg
32% fg

24 ppg
47% fg

Since no one will play along...

These are Jrue vs. Bled numbers in each of their last playoff series. Those of you saying this isn’t a massive upgrade are crazy.
coolhandluke121
RealGM
And1: 6,834

Post#971 » by coolhandluke121 » Sun Nov 22, 2020 10:46 pm

nips82 wrote:

11.8 ppg
32% fg

24 ppg
47% fg

These are Jrue vs. Bled numbers in each of their last playoff series. Those of you saying this isn’t a massive upgrade either understand sample size a hell of a lot better than I do or just don't like making intellectually dishonest arguments.

Fixed.
Wut we've got here is... faaailure... to communakate.
blazza18
RealGM
And1: 26,441

Post#972 » by blazza18 » Sun Nov 22, 2020 10:59 pm

MikeIsGood wrote:
Chad34 wrote:
Read on Twitter

My Josh Hart dreams have shattered. Oh well :(

Wonder if we asked for him or just had Holiday tunnel vision.
Baddy Chuck wrote:I want to win but I also love chaos.
nips82
Ballboy

Post#973 » by nips82 » Sun Nov 22, 2020 11:11 pm

coolhandluke121 wrote:
nips82 wrote:

11.8 ppg
32% fg

24 ppg
47% fg

These are Jrue vs. Bled numbers in each of their last playoff series. Those of you saying this isn’t a massive upgrade either understand sample size a hell of a lot better than I do or just don't like making intellectually dishonest arguments.

Fixed.

Terrible argument. Want me to go and figure out their career playoff numbers?
All The Bucks
Junior
And1: 1,265

Post#974 » by All The Bucks » Sun Nov 22, 2020 11:22 pm

The best part about Holiday is that he's a legitimate threat on offense, who the defense goes into a game knowing they have to account for. Bledsoe just wasn't that for the Bucks. And to me it frees up both Middleton and Giannis. I'm just not sure who it helps more. Probably Middleton, since he and Holiday can be 2A/2B options. Whereas with Bledsoe, Middleton clearly needed to be the #2 option. Now Middleton can do what he does best which is let the game come to him and feast on mismatches. Now when Giannis is walled off, we have two places where we can find that advantage.

Put it this way - Bledsoe was the Bucks star on offense maybe 1-2 games a season. Look for Holiday to triple or quadruple that number. Which doesn't sound like much (6-8 games) but just that presence alone will do wonders for Giannis and Midds.
"Your values is in disarray, prioritizin' horribly. Unhappy with the riches 'cause you're piss poor morally" - Abraham Lincoln
coolhandluke121
RealGM

Post#975 » by coolhandluke121 » Sun Nov 22, 2020 11:38 pm

nips82 wrote:
coolhandluke121 wrote:
nips82 wrote:

Fixed.

Do yourself a favor and just look up Bledsoe's career playoff fg% but don't post it because it makes you look stupid. Nobody is saying it's not an upgrade but you people acting like they just replaced Jennings with Jrue because Bledsoe had a couple bad series the last two years blow my gd mind, and not in a good way.
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
And1: 25,845

Post#976 » by paulpressey25 » Sun Nov 22, 2020 11:53 pm

Ok guys---our 2022 first rounder (going to Cleveland from the George Hill/Henson/Delly contract dump deal two years ago) is now officially unprotected. And we had to send a future 2nd to CLE also.

Per Hollinger:

One thing we’ve learned already: The first-round pick Milwaukee owes Cleveland in 2022 is now completely unprotected. The Bucks sent Cleveland a second-round pick in 2025 to change the protection on this pick, which was necessary in order to complete the Jrue Holiday trade. I thought the Bucks would at least give themselves a little protection in 2022 before going to unprotected in 2023, but I guess not. It’s nice a little gift for the Cavs, who now have a not-so-subtle incentive to root for Giannis to skip town in 2021.
In depth discussions here - shorter stuff on Twitter

https://twitter.com/paulpressey25
FrieAaron
General Manager
And1: 5,017

Post#977 » by FrieAaron » Sun Nov 22, 2020 11:57 pm

coolhandluke121 wrote:ok stupid. Nobody is saying it's not an upgrade but you people acting like they just replaced Jennings with Jrue because Bledsoe had a couple bad series the last two years blow my gd mind, and not in a good way.

To be fair, his LAC years are doing all the heavy lifting there. With the Bucks in the playoffs he averaged 15.9/4.8/5.6 on an eFG of 45% per 36, compared to a regular season line of 20/5.4/6.3 withan eFG of 54%

Jrue has a much smaller sample size overall, but so far has actually done slightly better in the playoffs, or at least on par with his regular season and that's the hope with the trade. I was a Bledsoe fan, and on multiple times have said that he was our second best player in the regular season, but he just never carried that over to the playoffs.
nips82
Ballboy

Post#978 » by nips82 » Sun Nov 22, 2020 11:59 pm

coolhandluke121 wrote:
nips82 wrote:
coolhandluke121 wrote:
Fixed.

Do yourself a favor and just look up Bledsoe's career playoff fg% but don't post it because it makes you look stupid. Nobody is saying it's not an upgrade but you people acting like they just replaced Jennings with Jrue because Bledsoe had a couple bad series the last two years blow my gd mind, and not in a good way.

Wait. You’re right. Those Clippers playoff games 10 years ago when he was putting up 5 or 6 shots a game does boost his playoff fg% a little. Still not as good as Holiday but you’re right. I look stupid. :crazy:
blazza18
RealGM
And1: 26,441

Re: Bucks acquire Jrue Holiday - Trade done - Bucks 2022 to CLE unprotected 

Post#979 » by blazza18 » Mon Nov 23, 2020 12:07 am

There is no stopping Horsts ability to hand over unprotected first round picks.
Baddy Chuck wrote:I want to win but I also love chaos.
coolhandluke121
RealGM

Post#980 » by coolhandluke121 » Mon Nov 23, 2020 12:07 am

FrieAaron wrote:
coolhandluke121 wrote:ok stupid. Nobody is saying it's not an upgrade but you people acting like they just replaced Jennings with Jrue because Bledsoe had a couple bad series the last two years blow my gd mind, and not in a good way.

To be fair, his LAC years are doing all the heavy lifting there. With the Bucks in the playoffs he averaged 15.9/4.8/5.6 on an eFG of 45% per 36, compared to a regular season line of 20/5.4/6.3 withan eFG of 54%

Jrue has a much smaller sample size overall, but so far has actually done slightly better in the playoffs, or at least on par with his regular season and that's the hope with the trade. I was a Bledsoe fan, and on multiple times have said that he was our second best player in the regular season, but he just never carried that over to the playoffs.

You do realize you're joining an argument where someone cited his stats in one gd 5-game series (32%) as evidence of his playoff ability, right? Again, nobody is saying it's not an upgrade, but no respect for that kind of cherry-picking b.s. None.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks