Trade Talk (Part Five)

Moderators: Domejandro, Worm Guts, Calinks

Merc_Porto
General Manager
And1: 3,529

Re: Trade Talk (Part Five) 

Post#1061 » by Merc_Porto » Sun Nov 22, 2020 4:57 pm

jpatrick wrote:
Norseman79 wrote:Would Orlando be willing to send Okeke out? Say for Okoge or Culver? I know he is coming off an injury, but from a fit standpoint he is ideal right now

Still think Gordon is the one that gets shipped out sometime between now and the trade deadline. I think they see Okeke as a big part of their future. He would have gone top ten in that draft year if he hadn’t just torn his ACL.
Better be now.

We really need a PF for the start of the season.

Make it happen Rosas.
old school 34
Senior
And1: 240

Post#1062 » by old school 34 » Sun Nov 22, 2020 5:16 pm

samyell wrote:
KGdaBom wrote:
samyell wrote:It would be really nice to be able to get a draft pick in next years draft considering we have none right now. I'd be happy with a 2nd even. We also need to open up some spots as we are sitting right at 15 if we sign juancho.

I'm getting nervous about us signing Juancho. We need him even if we sign a FA PF.

at least we can match anything thrown his way. The only way he is not here is someone offers him something huge. We could do a sign and trade there.
I'm still assuming we'll match Jauncho & JMac...just letting the market play out...as there was maybe a lesser market for those two.

And that will eat most of our existing room...maybe we can squeeze a 3rd C on a minimum as well?

Waiting until Trade deadline...allows maybe some of more options & trading for something bigger @ PF....or this is the list that kind of looks like we could consider in a trade if consolidated some of the assets that look might be outside of the rotation (best guess)....

So Culver/Evans/Spellman/Nowell...gives you 11.6 to work with (kept Okogie out of this just cause best guess & JMac...cause I believe if he were to be incl...then S&T rules would cause us to be hard capped...everything should be on table, but just where I started).

Possible options (besides rookies):

1. SAC...2 of Belly/Holmes/Giles/Bagley...rumor that they want to get younger...new GM?

2. HOU....Tucker & House...teardown continues?

3. MEM....Winston...always hurt?

4. MIL....DJ Wilson...they have a lot of roster spots still to fill? Might aid them in a different variation of S&T?

5. LAL....Kuzma....similar to Milwaukee...

6. CLE....Nance...would be my first choice....just don't see why Cle would take the PR move trading him out.

7. CHI...not sure Lauri or WCJ are really going anywhere, but what about Gafford &/or T. Young?

8. IND...Warren

9. ATL...Collins/Hunter...seemingly has a glut of bigs?

10. MIA...Olynyk

11. BRK....Kurucs/Prince??

12. LAC....Kabengele

There's others...but couldn't come up with something that the other team would consider moving (ie--Cha isn't moving PJ; Dal wouldn't move Kleber or Powell; etc....maybe in a 3-team, I guess?)

Any of these stand out better or worse?

Sent from my SM-G973U using RealGM mobile app
TwolvesFanRome
Bench Warmer
And1: 555

Post#1063 » by TwolvesFanRome » Sun Nov 22, 2020 7:59 pm

What about:

Culver Juancho and some picks
For
J.Collins

Culver and Spellman
For
M.Kleber
"...I want to compliment him, we all expected that he would take up the game, we have prepared the plan race on him, we have doubled. And, as usual, he did what he wanted..."

Zelimir Obradovic, talking about Dejan Bodiroga
Domejandro
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
And1: 26,674

Post#1064 » by Domejandro » Sun Nov 22, 2020 9:54 pm

Jacob Evans, Omari Spellman, Jaylen Nowell, and a second or two

For

Nemanja Bjelica

Why for Minnesota? Substantial improvement.
Why for Sacramento? Gamble on a few young players and picks.
MN7725
Veteran
And1: 1,060

Post#1065 » by MN7725 » Sun Nov 22, 2020 10:14 pm

Domejandro wrote:Jacob Evans, Omari Spellman, Jaylen Nowell, and a second or two

For

Nemanja Bjelica

Is Bjelica still expected to be starter this year?

I know he was last year because of Bagley's injury, but he played so well
wolves_89
Head Coach
And1: 3,925

Post#1066 » by wolves_89 » Sun Nov 22, 2020 10:17 pm

MN7725 wrote:
Domejandro wrote:Jacob Evans, Omari Spellman, Jaylen Nowell, and a second or two

For

Nemanja Bjelica

Is Bjelica still expected to be starter this year?

I know he was last year because of Bagley's injury, but he played so well

It's hard to know what direction the Kings will go. They have Bagley and Parker at PF along with Barnes who should be playing PF. I could see the Kings moving on from Bjelica, it was a real question if they were even going to guarantee his contract.
minimus
RealGM
And1: 3,678

Post#1067 » by minimus » Sun Nov 22, 2020 11:03 pm

I must go and sleep, but when I wake up, I hope to see Evans and Spellman traded and JMac and Martin re-signed for team friendly deals.
IceManBK1
Analyst
And1: 330

Post#1068 » by IceManBK1 » Sun Nov 22, 2020 11:05 pm

minimus wrote:I must go and sleep, but when I wake up, I hope to see Evans and Spellman traded and JMac and Martin re-signed for team friendly deals.

nth's happening..we are set...we probly just ship evans and spellman to knicks to shred some salary. Knicks a dumpster yard now unwanted players..they have a ton of cap space to absorb contracts.
Neeva
Head Coach
And1: 2,167

Post#1069 » by Neeva » Sun Nov 22, 2020 11:06 pm

For

Nemanja Bjelica

Jesus didn’t thibs lose him for
Nothing and sac will get Nowell and two second round picks?
Dewey
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,019

Post#1070 » by Dewey » Sun Nov 22, 2020 11:11 pm

We pretty much gave away Saric and Bjelica for peanuts ... can expect others to feel sorry for us
Flip response to Love wanting out, "He has no reason to be upset, you're either a part of the problem or a part of the solution"
IceManBK1
Analyst

Post#1071 » by IceManBK1 » Sun Nov 22, 2020 11:51 pm

Is Pacers still trying to trade Turner? I'd give Culver, Spellman, Evans and future top 15 protected 1st.
Domejandro
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
And1: 26,674

Post#1072 » by Domejandro » Sun Nov 22, 2020 11:52 pm

Neeva wrote:

For

Nemanja Bjelica

Jesus didn’t thibs lose him for
Nothing and sac will get Nowell and two second round picks?

We let Nemanja Bjelica walk in Free Agency, but even if we didn’t, a move from two seasons ago is completely irrelevant to the current situation.
IceManBK1
Analyst

Post#1073 » by IceManBK1 » Mon Nov 23, 2020 12:00 am

Read on Twitter
?s=20
Read on Twitter
?s=20

We got big Ed..he had great chemistry with dlo on the PnR back on the nets..Rosas with the late moves! Good job!
IceManBK1
Analyst

Post#1074 » by IceManBK1 » Mon Nov 23, 2020 12:03 am

Aaron Gordon for Culver, Okogie, future protected 1st next? I still believe in you, Rosas!
Neeva
Head Coach

Post#1075 » by Neeva » Mon Nov 23, 2020 12:15 am

IceManBK1 wrote:Aaron Gordon for Culver, Okogie, future protected 1st next? I still believe in you, Rosas!

I cant anymore stop overvaluing Gordon jesus.
Merc_Porto
General Manager
And1: 3,529

Post#1076 » by Merc_Porto » Mon Nov 23, 2020 12:17 am

IceManBK1 wrote:Aaron Gordon for Culver, Okogie, future protected 1st next? I still believe in you, Rosas!
I'm on board for Gordon but that's way too much... Drop the future 1st and we start talking...
IceManBK1
Analyst

Post#1077 » by IceManBK1 » Mon Nov 23, 2020 12:20 am

mercgold3 wrote:
I'm on board for Gordon but that's way too much... Drop the future 1st and we start talking...

top 20 protected pick is nth..you barely get sth good in the late 20s. and we're overvaluing culver a bit too much.
Neeva
Head Coach

Post#1078 » by Neeva » Mon Nov 23, 2020 12:22 am

Culver had a better rookie year than Gordon had and that aint saying much. Culver’s potential is good.
Dewey
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,019

Post#1079 » by Dewey » Mon Nov 23, 2020 12:22 am

IceManBK1 wrote:
mercgold3 wrote:

top 20 protected pick is nth..you barely get sth good in the late 20s. and we're overvaluing culver a bit too much.

Ya ... NO to a deal with both Culver and any type of future 1st
Flip response to Love wanting out, "He has no reason to be upset, you're either a part of the problem or a part of the solution"
shrink
RealGM
And1: 13,961

Post#1080 » by shrink » Mon Nov 23, 2020 2:22 am

Neeva wrote:

I cant anymore stop overvaluing Gordon jesus.

Or at least suggest legal trades.

The only way we could match his $18.1 mil is trading Rubio, or Beasley when FA’s become trade eligible .. probably in February.
cupcakesnake wrote:I know a lot of people haven't seen him play, but no one is forcing you to make up an opinion and post it.

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves