Moderators: paulpressey25, MickeyDavis

DavidDunn21
Sixth Man
And1: 1,943

Re: Giannis Thread - 2 Time MVP - The Contract discussions 

Post#941 » by DavidDunn21 » Sun Nov 22, 2020 6:06 am

ANTETOKOUNBROS wrote:
GoldenAntlers wrote:
Bucksfan28 wrote:High spirits. I think Giannis signs but we may not hear it immediately. The dude seems like he just wants to focus on basketball and being a dad without the circus. Despite the Bogdan situation the FO is at least being aggressive.

The chaos if he doesnt though..

If nothing else, (if he really wanted to play somewhere else) I could see him quietly agreeing to signing the max now with an agreement in place to be traded next year if the Bucks don't make major changes by seasons' end. I cannot for the life of me envision Giannis enjoying all this financial attention (distraction). As you said, the dude just wants to win and enjoy his family life. He already has all the money in the world.

I think one somewhat underemphasized point is (at least to me) is that it has probably become an increasing priority for Giannis (now a 2 time MVP and DPOY) to defend and build on his legacy. I think it matters to him that he is not a 2 time MVP who has never made/won the Finals (granted he is young) but this is a driver for his decisions more so than if he did not win these awards. The competitive fire that made him (and the mount rushmore-caliber players) so great is his drive to continue to get better and achieve, and he knows that must necessarily involve Finals appearances and rings -- at some point this becomes greater than his loyalty to the Bucks to whom he has given 7 seasons of his career. With the last 2 being better than any in the last 18 years since 2001 Bucks. He owes nothing to us and no one can fault him for leaving if he does, but the Bucks owe him the opportunity to bring a championship to Milwaukee.
Look, he's gonna resign, but this is nonsense. He's experiencing what most of the greats who weren't born on 3rd Base (like Kobe or Magic) had to go through.

He has every right to do whatever he wants, but putting that aside, he has levels to improve as a player, leader and winner.

People (not necessarily you) just want to praise and pamper stars and hinder them from reaching their final form. Can you imagine if Westbrook submitted to some real coaching five years ago? Or Iverson?

I personally would like to see Giannis' final form. I want to see jump hooks that come off his hand smoothly, a 17 footer that is automatic, and HE NEEDS TO LEARN HOW TO NOT PLAY FULL SPEED ALL THE TIME.

Sent from my moto g(7) power using RealGM mobile app
Fotis St
General Manager
And1: 2,853

Post#942 » by Fotis St » Sun Nov 22, 2020 9:27 am

Brewhoopfan wrote:
Fotis St wrote:
Brewhoopfan wrote:I dont begrudge Giannis, or anyone, from getting paid. What if....what if Giannis agreed to take less like Tom Brady?

Khris should have been asked for a discount NOT Giannis

I think if this was really asked to Giannis ... he doesn't even answer and starts packing

Of course, Giannis doesnt get asked. He volunteers. Yes, it's crazy, but has happened.

No he will never hurt his legacy like that. He already done a small discount remember. What did the Bucks do with that ? Bucks FO is amateur, we will still won't use it properly to help him win . Whether you like it or not Giannis has grown as a man too, he is a father, he is not that naive any more and I am happy he is not. If you care about the Bucks I believe you should ask for Giannis not to sign the extension, and probably sign only one year deal to keep the pressure ON to those **** they run this team
Draft picks: '15 Jerian Grant, '16 Thon Maker, '17 Isaiah Hartenstein/*John Collins, '18 TD Devonte Graham, Hamidou Diallo, '20 Sam Merrill, Killian Tillie, '21 Joe Wieskamp, '22 TU C.Braun/G.Procida '23 Tristan Vukcevic/Maxwell Lewis
yannisk
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,718

Post#943 » by yannisk » Sun Nov 22, 2020 10:50 am

Fotis St wrote:Khris should have been asked for a discount NOT Giannis

and it wouldn't have been even a discount, he is overpaid. No team could offer him a 5 year contract still he squeezed every cent he could get. Good for him it is Horst's mistake
hege53190
Head Coach
And1: 2,671

Post#944 » by hege53190 » Sun Nov 22, 2020 12:58 pm

yannisk wrote:

and it wouldn't have been even a discount, he is overpaid. No team could offer him a 5 year contract still he squeezed every cent he could get. Good for him it is Horst's mistake

Middleton Should not have taken a discount.

GIANNIS DID NOT TAKE A DISCOUNT

Let Me repeat that

GIANNIS DID NOT TAKE A DISCOUNT.

I don't feel like trying to find the interview again But EVEN GIANNIS dispelled this ridiculous Myth.

Giannis was presented with two contract options. One was the 5 year Max. One was a 4 year slightly less than Max. The Bucks wanted Giannis to sign the 5 year Max because the Salary Cap spiked over the past 5 years and it would have locked in Giannis longer.

Giannis's Agent advised Giannis to take the lesser Shorter term deal because He will hit free agency sooner and make the money up on the backside.

Giannis did what was in Giannis's best interest. WHICH HE HAS THE RIGHT TO DO. EVERY PLAYER SHOULD DO THIS.
Fotis St
General Manager
And1: 2,853

Post#945 » by Fotis St » Sun Nov 22, 2020 1:13 pm

hege53190 wrote:
yannisk wrote:

Let Me repeat that

I don't feel like trying to find the interview again But EVEN GIANNIS dispelled this ridiculous Myth.

Giannis was presented with two contract options. One was the 5 year Max. One was a 4 year slightly less than Max. The Bucks wanted Giannis to sign the 5 year Max because the Salary Cap spiked over the past 5 years and it would have locked in Giannis longer.

Giannis's Agent advised Giannis to take the lesser Shorter term deal because He will hit free agency sooner and make the money up on the backside.

Giannis did what was in Giannis's best interest. WHICH HE HAS THE RIGHT TO DO. EVERY PLAYER SHOULD DO THIS.

Search again ... I am sure Giannis was eligible to sign something like 102 M contract but he settled at 100 M
I guess you are not a Millionaire so you should remember this. The 4 year over 5 year contract is another subject.
Draft picks: '15 Jerian Grant, '16 Thon Maker, '17 Isaiah Hartenstein/*John Collins, '18 TD Devonte Graham, Hamidou Diallo, '20 Sam Merrill, Killian Tillie, '21 Joe Wieskamp, '22 TU C.Braun/G.Procida '23 Tristan Vukcevic/Maxwell Lewis
0BobLobLaw0
Starter
And1: 2,017

Post#946 » by 0BobLobLaw0 » Sun Nov 22, 2020 7:18 pm

Horsty do enough to get a signature before the season starts?
Why should you go to jail for a crime someone else noticed? You don't need double talk... You need Bob Loblaw.
Magic Giannison
RealGM
And1: 27,020

Post#947 » by Magic Giannison » Sun Nov 22, 2020 8:28 pm

Giannis did indeed take discount, amazing how people try to change the story now when it was widely known.

Giannis could take 4 years 111 mil instead took 100. his 5 year deal would've been around 144 mil max back then.

He took discount to hopefully give the Bucks more room to accommodate Jabari then if things went well..

https://www.brewhoop.com/2016/4/18/11439316/giannis-antetokounmpo-point-guard-interview-max-contract

Stop with this nonsense
mke_design
Analyst
And1: 2,061

Post#948 » by mke_design » Sun Nov 22, 2020 9:24 pm

Magic Giannison wrote:Giannis did indeed take discount, amazing how people try to change the story now when it was widely known.

Giannis could take 4 years 111 mil instead took 100. his 5 year deal would've been around 144 mil max back then.

He took discount to hopefully give the Bucks more room to accommodate Jabari then if things went well..

https://www.brewhoop.com/2016/4/18/11439316/giannis-antetokounmpo-point-guard-interview-max-contract

Stop with this nonsense

:cuddle
DavidDunn21 wrote:So please allow me to continue to be the scapegoat for our very rational fears, but just remember that I understand and forgive all of you.
greekbuck34
RealGM
And1: 11,638

Post#949 » by greekbuck34 » Sun Nov 22, 2020 9:42 pm

Giannis is still in Greece training with greek legend Papaloukas.

Read on Twitter
GHOSTofSIKMA wrote: I think that we will do worse than last season and that Giannis is now just a mere all star. All because we switched from Bud to Griffin.
mke_design
Analyst
And1: 2,061

Post#950 » by mke_design » Sun Nov 22, 2020 9:52 pm

I dont think Giannis would be in Greece when he signs the max...
DavidDunn21 wrote:So please allow me to continue to be the scapegoat for our very rational fears, but just remember that I understand and forgive all of you.
Pachinko_
RealGM
And1: 23,684

Post#951 » by Pachinko_ » Sun Nov 22, 2020 10:08 pm

Papaloukas couldn't really shoot either :lol:
greekbuck34
RealGM

Post#952 » by greekbuck34 » Sun Nov 22, 2020 10:14 pm

Pachinko_ wrote:Papaloukas couldn't really shoot either :lol:

Yeah but he was one of the highest IQ PGs in Europe ever and he was a leader in every team he played. He was also great using his size over smaller players something Giannis is struggling the flopping NBA era.
GHOSTofSIKMA wrote: I think that we will do worse than last season and that Giannis is now just a mere all star. All because we switched from Bud to Griffin.
0BobLobLaw0
Starter
And1: 2,017

Post#953 » by 0BobLobLaw0 » Sun Nov 22, 2020 10:16 pm

When does he have to be back?

14 day quarantine puts past training camp start, right?
Why should you go to jail for a crime someone else noticed? You don't need double talk... You need Bob Loblaw.
Chad34
RealGM
And1: 5,198

Post#954 » by Chad34 » Sun Nov 22, 2020 11:34 pm

HELLO?? Paging Giannis :wassup:
humanrefutation
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 13,884

Post#955 » by humanrefutation » Mon Nov 23, 2020 12:46 am

I feel like he would have signed it already if he was planning to. I hope I'm wrong.
StickeeFingaz
RealGM
And1: 6,621

Post#956 » by StickeeFingaz » Mon Nov 23, 2020 12:48 am

humanrefutation wrote:I feel like he would have signed it already if he was planning to. I hope I'm wrong.

Yea if he was going to sign, I'm not sure why you would wait. God forbid something catastrophic happens.
#FreeChuckDiesel
greekbuck34
RealGM

Post#957 » by greekbuck34 » Mon Nov 23, 2020 12:52 am

humanrefutation wrote:I feel like he would have signed it already if he was planning to. I hope I'm wrong.

I don't know if he has already made his decision yet or if he wants to discuss it a bit more with his family and agent but signing it or not its too big of a announcement to do it with a tweet or video from Greece.

Maybe he stayed a bit longer in Athens just to see all our off season moves before he comes back to Milwauke and get the supermax contract offer in his hands.
emunney
RealGM
And1: 36,432

Post#958 » by emunney » Mon Nov 23, 2020 1:08 am

greekbuck34 wrote:Giannis is still in Greece training with greek legend Papaloukas.

Read on Twitter

Oh hell yeah hell yeah hell yeah. Hire this man. Give him whatever he wants.
Here are more legal notices regarding the Posts
emunney
RealGM
And1: 36,432

Post#959 » by emunney » Mon Nov 23, 2020 1:08 am

Pachinko_ wrote:Papaloukas couldn't really shoot either :lol:

And was unreal at manipulating the D in spite of it. Perfect teacher.
Here are more legal notices regarding the Posts
thonnisbeastley
Pro Prospect
And1: 673

Post#960 » by thonnisbeastley » Mon Nov 23, 2020 1:11 am

hege53190 wrote:
yannisk wrote:

Let Me repeat that

Middleton is supremely overpaid. Fringe all-star who got the nod because of Giannis. He deserved 5/150 at most.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks