ImageImageImageImageImage

2020 Presidential Election Thread presents: The Aftermath

Moderators: mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule

dakomish23
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 45,309

Re: 2020 Presidential Election Thread presents: The Aftermath 

Post#521 » by dakomish23 » Sun Nov 22, 2020 4:18 am

Clyde_Style wrote:
dakomish23 wrote:Finally admitting the endgame.

Get Congress and/or SCOTUS to overturn the will of the people.

Read on Twitter

Don't know what that MAGA lady is thinking because the PA judge just threw out the case with prejudice which means it can't be relitigated if I understand the implications correctly

That’s what’s being brought up in response to MAGAland claiming these losses just line up a case for SCOTUS.

A big conspiracy is that the conservative judges got put in charge of circuit courts in swing states so they’ll push the cases through.

Read on Twitter
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Spoiler:
https://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=1592147&start=1720#p57345128

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Jimmit79 wrote:Yea RJ played well he was definitely the x factor

#FreeJimmit
Clyde_Style
RealGM
And1: 60,180

Post#522 » by Clyde_Style » Sun Nov 22, 2020 4:24 am

dakomish23 wrote:
Clyde_Style wrote:
dakomish23 wrote:Finally admitting the endgame.

Get Congress and/or SCOTUS to overturn the will of the people.

Read on Twitter

Don't know what that MAGA lady is thinking because the PA judge just threw out the case with prejudice which means it can't be relitigated if I understand the implications correctly

That’s what’s being brought up in response to MAGAland claiming these losses just line up a case for SCOTUS.

A big conspiracy is that the conservative judges got put in charge of circuit courts in swing states so they’ll push the cases through.

Read on Twitter

Well, SCOTUS doesn't push through anything. They hear appeals on lower court decisions and that still requires the plaintiff to petition SCOTUS to hear the case. Based on the way these cases are getting trashed and bounced out of court rooms with prejudice there is still little basis to expect anything being taken up by SCOTUS
HarthorneWingo
RealGM
And1: 55,169

Post#523 » by HarthorneWingo » Sun Nov 22, 2020 6:12 am

Clyde_Style wrote:
dakomish23 wrote:
Clyde_Style wrote:

Read on Twitter

Well, SCOTUS doesn't push through anything. They hear appeals on lower court decisions and that still requires the plaintiff to petition SCOTUS to hear the case. Based on the way these cases are getting trashed and bounced out of court rooms with prejudice there is still little basis to expect anything being taken up by SCOTUS

We are still talking about election laws and issues which are matters of state courts. The Roberts' decision prior to the election set the ground rules.
POSTING POLICIES:
1. Posts are dictated but not proofread most of the time. It depends.
2. All typos are not the fault of the real Harthorne Wingo, may he Rest In Peace.
dakomish23
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#524 » by dakomish23 » Sun Nov 22, 2020 6:15 am

HarthorneWingo wrote:
Clyde_Style wrote:
dakomish23 wrote:

Read on Twitter

We are still talking about election laws and issues which are matters of state courts. The Roberts' decision prior to the election set the ground rules.

Can you expound on that?

I’d love to spit some knowledge in an attempt to break the MAGAland bubble of willful ignorance

Spoiler:
https://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=1592147&start=1720#p57345128

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

#FreeJimmit
HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#525 » by HarthorneWingo » Sun Nov 22, 2020 6:23 am

dakomish23 wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:
Clyde_Style wrote:

Can you expound on that?

I’d love to spit some knowledge in an attempt to break the MAGAland bubble of willful ignorance

As I understand it, Chief Justice Roberts authored an election law decision prior to election which held that whatever the state election laws that were in place prior to the election (with respect to which ballots would be counted for "x" number of days after the election) would bind both Parties and the voters in those states for reasons of "notice" and "fairness," i.e. that the voters in each of these states relied on these laws in place at the time when they cast their respective votes. So, the Supreme Court can't come in and start changing the vote counts and the state laws in place at the time UNLESS there was such massive fraud so as to constitute a denial of due process and a violation of the Voting Rights Acts.

Trump is flopping around like a caught fish on the deck of a boat. If Thomas, Alito, and the rest pull a fast one, then all hell will break loose. I don't see that happening.
POSTING POLICIES:
2. All typos are not the fault of the real Harthorne Wingo, may he Rest In Peace.
dakomish23
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#526 » by dakomish23 » Sun Nov 22, 2020 6:32 am

HarthorneWingo wrote:
dakomish23 wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:

Can you expound on that?

As I understand it, Chief Justice Roberts authored an election law decision prior to election which held that whatever the state election laws that were in place prior to the election (with respect to which ballots would be counted for "x" number of days after the election) would bind both Parties and the voters in those states for reasons of "notice" and "fairness," i.e. that the voters in each of these states relied on these laws in place at the time when they cast their respective votes. So, the Supreme Court can't come in and start changing the vote counts and the state laws in place at the time UNLESS there was such massive fraud so as to constitute a denial of due process and a violation of the Voting Rights Acts.

Trump is flopping around like a caught fish on the deck of a boat. If Thomas, Alito, and the rest pull a fast one, then all hell will break loose. I don't see that happening.

Thx HW! As I’ve said a 100x, my #1 concern is that even though their attempts so far have shown a severe lack of evidence, Congress or SCOTUS still vote in favor to keep OMGK in power.

And yes, all hell will break loose.

Spoiler:

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

#FreeJimmit
Clyde_Style
RealGM

Post#527 » by Clyde_Style » Sun Nov 22, 2020 6:43 am

HarthorneWingo wrote:
dakomish23 wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:

Can you expound on that?

Right, which is why I'm saying it doesn't get bounced to SCOTUS because there is no compelling evidence of fraud being provided. It is just not going to happen

Plus, even if Roberts has a reputation as a fence sitter, he's not about to rig an election and Kavanaugh and Barrett are not going to sway their fellow justices to go rogue
HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#528 » by HarthorneWingo » Sun Nov 22, 2020 7:31 am

Clyde_Style wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:
dakomish23 wrote:
Can you expound on that?

Right, which is why I'm saying it doesn't get bounced to SCOTUS because there is no compelling evidence of fraud being provided. It is just not going to happen

Plus, even if Roberts has a reputation as a fence sitter, he's not about to rig an election and Kavanaugh and Barrett are not going to sway their fellow justices to go rogue

Right, and they're especially not going to do it for Trump. He's served his purpose and now they will distance themselves from him.
POSTING POLICIES:
Clyde_Style
RealGM

Post#529 » by Clyde_Style » Mon Nov 23, 2020 2:18 am

Read on Twitter
?s=12

The implosion between Trump and the GOP continues

Trump's people now attacking the GA Governor and undermining the current GOP candidates for the Senate. This literally could put MAGA voters on the sidelines and cost them the run-off election

No wonder they fired Powell. She's even more bonkers than Rudy
Clyde_Style
RealGM

Post#530 » by Clyde_Style » Mon Nov 23, 2020 2:24 am

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter
Clyde_Style
RealGM

Post#531 » by Clyde_Style » Mon Nov 23, 2020 2:26 am

Read on Twitter

GOP Governor of Maryland tweeting
Clyde_Style
RealGM

Post#532 » by Clyde_Style » Mon Nov 23, 2020 2:31 am

Read on Twitter

One more spineless GOP fence sitter turns on Trump
Phish Tank
RealGM
And1: 12,333

Post#533 » by Phish Tank » Mon Nov 23, 2020 2:50 am

HarthorneWingo wrote:
Clyde_Style wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:

Right, and they're especially not going to do it for Trump. He's served his purpose and now they will distance themselves from him.

One quick question: The PA case essentially was the judge granting the defendants' motion to dismiss the case, if I'm correct. When 3rd circuit court gets this case, the decision would be reversing the motion to dismiss the case right? If - in some case - 3rd circuit did grant Trump campaign victory, that would just revert the case back to lower court right?
HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#534 » by HarthorneWingo » Mon Nov 23, 2020 3:25 am

Phish Tank wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:
Clyde_Style wrote:

One quick question: The PA case essentially was the judge granting the defendants' motion to dismiss the case, if I'm correct. When 3rd circuit court gets this case, the decision would be reversing the motion to dismiss the case right? If - in some case - 3rd circuit did grant Trump campaign victory, that would just revert the case back to lower court right?

If for some reason the 3d Circuit reversed the Judge Brann’s ruling - which I don’t see happening - it would most likely be for Judge Brann to conduct a further evidentiary hearing to nail down an issue that the circuit court wants answered. I don’t see the 3d Circuit reversing the lower court ruling based on the law. Remember that Judge Brann is a Trump appointee to the bench.
POSTING POLICIES:
Phish Tank
RealGM
And1: 12,333

Post#535 » by Phish Tank » Mon Nov 23, 2020 3:30 am

HarthorneWingo wrote:
Phish Tank wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:

If for some reason the 3d Circuit reversed the Judge Brann’s ruling - which I don’t see happening - it would most likely be for Judge Brann to conduct a further evidentiary hearing to nail down an issue that the circuit court wants answered. I don’t see the 3d Circuit reversing the lower court ruling based on the law. Remember that Judge Brann is a Trump appointee to the bench.

figured. Brann's an Obama appointee, but a staunch conservative. Was appointed as part of the blue slip norm.
HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#536 » by HarthorneWingo » Mon Nov 23, 2020 3:37 am

Phish Tank wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:
Phish Tank wrote:

figured. Brann's an Obama appointee, but a staunch conservative. Was appointed as part of the blue slip norm.

Oh, my bad, I had heard or read that he was a Trump appointee but Brann - a Republican - was an Obama appointment as you stated. Damn. I hope hope Biden doesn’t do the the same.
POSTING POLICIES:
Clyde_Style
RealGM

Post#537 » by Clyde_Style » Mon Nov 23, 2020 6:34 am

Read on Twitter
HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#538 » by HarthorneWingo » Mon Nov 23, 2020 9:50 am

I love these videos

POSTING POLICIES:
rammagen
Head Coach
And1: 778

Post#539 » by rammagen » Mon Nov 23, 2020 6:52 pm

HarthorneWingo wrote:I love these videos

these people scare me. Not because they are christian or a conservative but because of the blantant denial of facts
Quote from ESPN’s Bill Simmons posted on Twitter “28 FT’s to 5. I don’t watch rigged NBA games, I’m switching to hockey”
HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#540 » by HarthorneWingo » Mon Nov 23, 2020 7:23 pm

rammagen wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:I love these videos

these people scare me. Not because they are christian or a conservative but because of the blantant denial of facts

And the Republicans have figured this all out and continue to feed them more and more "alternative facts." They just continue to make up their own reality and we're left chasing down one lie after another and we never catch up. This strategy was quoted to author Ron Suskind by a W. Bush campaign advisor so it's a real thing.
POSTING POLICIES:

Return to New York Knicks