Is it time to consider trading Myles Turner?

Moderators: pacers33granger, Grang33r, pacerfan, Jake0890, boomershadow

basketballwacko2
RealGM
And1: 3,928

Re: Is it time to consider trading Myles Turner? 

Post#101 » by basketballwacko2 » Wed Nov 11, 2020 2:59 am

Topofthekey wrote:
basketballwacko2 wrote:
Scoot McGroot wrote:[list=][/list]

Sure. But, with last nights late agreement that Woj reported, it sounds like free agency negotiations can start about 24 hours before the draft, so if you trust the player you’re negotiating with to not back out or demand more money, you’d like include a current year pick.

So do you think sending Turner and Doug for Bertans and Bryant plus the 2020 pick is a positive for Indiana. Bertans signed at $14 million.

It's close enough

But Myles is the best piece in the trade, and I personally prefer to see Pacers consolidate, rather than the other way around

I still feel it's way too early to trade Myles, but if Pacers did trade him, I'd rather they package him with other assets and trade for a better player

I do like the #9 though, I feel that's the sweet spot to be drafting in this draft. There are about 8 or 9 players who all could be useful, or turn out to be busts. So drafting at #9, you just select whichever one is available when it's your turn to pick

I'm not suggesting that we trade Turner I want to keep him, but if he's getting traded Bertans, Bryant and #9 would be a nice return we could send them TJ Puke errr I mean Leaf too.
TGW
RealGM
And1: 5,883

Post#102 » by TGW » Fri Nov 13, 2020 11:05 pm

The Wizards would never do that. Maybe Bryant and the #9...maybe. But there's no way Bertans would get moved as well.
Some random troll wrote:Not to sound negative, but this team is owned by an arrogant cheapskate, managed by a moron and coached by an idiot. Recipe for disaster.
Wizop
RealGM
And1: 4,048

Post#103 » by Wizop » Fri Nov 20, 2020 2:55 pm

The Ringer makes the case for other teams trading for Turner. I read it instead as the case for keeping him.

https://www.theringer.com/nba/2020/11/20/21579000/myles-turner-nba-trade-offseason
Please edit long quotes to only show what puts your new message into context.
Topofthekey
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,883

Post#104 » by Topofthekey » Fri Nov 20, 2020 3:37 pm

There's a reason why almost every other team covets Myles Turner

Myles is the type of talent that, when properly utilized, elevates a team from good to elite status

Every team needs an alpha - the likes of Harden, Curry, Tatum, Lillard, etc

These alphas can turn an average team into a competitive one, by their sheer talent alone, and the team will go as far as they can carry them

But on their own they can only carry a team so far, before they hit an invisible ceiling - that's when the supplementary pieces of the team begin to matter

We're talking about the Draymond Greens, the Manu Ginobilis, the Ben Wallaces, the Tayshaun Princes, the Scottie Pippens, the Dennis Rodmans, etc

These are the type of players who may not be able to carry a team on their own, but when utilized to their max potential, makes the difference between an elite team and a merely competitive one

Myles is in the mold of these players

I'm not saying he is untouchable (I would trade him if the right trade comes along), but to me he's the last player I would trade on the team - I would happily trade Warren, Vic, and even Domas before I would look at trading Myles
youngthegiant
Head Coach
And1: 5,603

Post#105 » by youngthegiant » Mon Nov 23, 2020 5:08 am

Indy Trades: Myles Turner
Receives: Terry Rozier, Monte Morris, Denver 2021 1st(unprotected), Denver 2025 1st(lottery protected)

Charlotte Trades: Terry Rozier, Miles Bridges
Receives: Myles Turner

Denver Trades: Monte Morris, Denver 2021 1st(unprotected), Denver 2025 1st(lottery protected)
Receives: Miles Bridges

Is this close? Gets you guys set up for the aftermath of an Oladipo trade and some 1sts. Then you can chase someone like John Collins for Oladipo.
granger05
Bench Warmer
And1: 467

Post#106 » by granger05 » Mon Nov 23, 2020 6:46 am

I think I'd prefer to hang onto Turner, but in this deal I'd rather just cut out the Nuggets and take Bridges for ourselves.
Scoot McGroot
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,042

Post#107 » by Scoot McGroot » Mon Nov 23, 2020 2:55 pm

youngthegiant wrote:Indy Trades: Myles Turner
Receives: Terry Rozier, Monte Morris, Denver 2021 1st(unprotected), Denver 2025 1st(lottery protected)

Denver Trades: Monte Morris, Denver 2021 1st(unprotected), Denver 2025 1st(lottery protected)

Is this close? Gets you guys set up for the aftermath of an Oladipo trade and some 1sts. Then you can chase someone like John Collins for Oladipo.

Not really. Throws us into the tax and too many contracts, while continuing to overload us on guards.

Brogdon/McConnell/Morris/Sumner/Lecque
Oladipo/Rozier/AHoliday/Lamb/Stanley
Warren/McDermott/JHoliday
Sabonis/Sampson
Goga

Clearly, we can’t do a Forward for two more guards in any meaningful way.

We’re actually set up pretty well for a possible Oladipo trade already. We’re pretty comfortable with Holiday/Lamb
Topofthekey
Lead Assistant

Post#108 » by Topofthekey » Mon Nov 23, 2020 4:25 pm

youngthegiant wrote:Indy Trades: Myles Turner

If Pacers traded Myles Turner for Bridges and Rozier, Rozier is the one who gets rerouted to a 3rd team, not Bridges

As for whether Pacers would be willing to do this trade or not, value wise, I'd say Bridges meets about 40% of the value that Pacers would expect for a Myles Turner trade, so it'd depend on whether Rozier can fetch the remaining 60% from a third team (my feeling is he can't)
fox2jk
Junior
And1: 145

Post#109 » by fox2jk » Tue Nov 24, 2020 6:17 pm

How about Rozier for Turner?
Scoot McGroot
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,042

Post#110 » by Scoot McGroot » Tue Nov 24, 2020 6:28 pm

fox2jk wrote:How about Rozier for Turner?

Rozier and? It's insanely weak. Like, there's no value or incentive to get much worse for Indy. And even worse, we don't have anywhere near a role for Rozier in Indy, where we're overloaded on guys that need minutes at the guards/wings, and have only 4 big men, total. As a result, Rozier is a huge negative for us.

Brogdon/McConnell/Sumner/Lecque
Oladipo/AHoliday/Lamb/Stanley
Warren/McDermott/JHoliday
Turner/Sampson
Sabonis/Goga
basketballwacko2
RealGM
And1: 3,928

Post#111 » by basketballwacko2 » Tue Nov 24, 2020 11:31 pm

Why?

NO!
Topofthekey
Lead Assistant

Post#112 » by Topofthekey » Tue Nov 24, 2020 11:56 pm

Celtics posters tried pushing that trade here one or two years ago, when they were trying to avoid losing Rozier for nothing, and were trying to get Turner on the cheap

It wasn't well received here at all

I don't think much or anything has changed

Return to Indiana Pacers