Image ImageImage Image

NBA Trade Thread #2

Moderators: HomoSapien, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, fleet, AshyLarrysDiaper, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson

erasmusmrr
Sophomore
And1: 26

Re: NBA Trade Thread #2 

Post#1061 » by erasmusmrr » Sun Nov 22, 2020 5:52 pm

Lauri, Carter and Levine extensions upcoming. That is the entire core once signed.
TheSuzerain
RealGM
And1: 10,847

Post#1062 » by TheSuzerain » Sun Nov 22, 2020 6:31 pm

erasmusmrr wrote:Lauri, Carter and Levine extensions upcoming. That is the entire core once signed.

Sounds awful
StunnerKO
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,143

Post#1063 » by StunnerKO » Sun Nov 22, 2020 6:40 pm

Hawks loading up
Grodoboldo
Analyst
And1: 2,819

Post#1064 » by Grodoboldo » Sun Nov 22, 2020 6:43 pm

We're screwed with Lauri, should have traded him for whatever at the draft. Giving anything up for an upcoming RFA PF who can shoot but can't really defend is already a somewhat precarious proposition, but even if there were to be a team willing to do it, they would first come to Atlanta for John Collins. So not only Lauri is not a great prospect right now, he has a similar, but better, player already in the market.
Constantly underwhelmed by the Bulls.
Grodoboldo
Analyst

Post#1065 » by Grodoboldo » Sun Nov 22, 2020 6:45 pm

LaVine is somewhat easier to trade. There should be a contender with a hurt wing in the next trade deadline (Nets? Warriors? Philly? Celtics?). If we don't deal him now, his value will only decline.
PlayerUp
Analyst
And1: 1,847

Post#1066 » by PlayerUp » Sun Nov 22, 2020 6:47 pm

TheFinishSniper wrote:
erasmusmrr wrote:Utah Jazz All-Star guard Donovan Mitchell has agreed to a five-year, $195M designated rookie max extension, his agents Ty Sullivan and Austin Brown of
@caa_sports
tell ESPN. Story soon.

I really hope Lauri isnt reading this and thinking he is worth even half of this kind of deal. 2017 class. Because he is not even half good what Mitchell is.

Better to let him walk than pay that much. Lost asset is better than a really toxic negative asset.
sco
RealGM
And1: 7,648

Post#1067 » by sco » Sun Nov 22, 2020 6:50 pm

Grodoboldo wrote:LaVine is somewhat easier to trade. There should be a contender with a hurt wing in the next trade deadline (Nets? Warriors? Philly? Celtics?). If we don't deal him now, his value will only decline.

I'm not saying it's gonna happen, but another small level of improvement from Zach (IMO he has done so in past 2 seasons) and he's gonna be an allstar and a guy that other stars may want to play alongside. I'm not dealing him for anyone who isn't likely to be a #1 option on a contender.
:clap:
Grodoboldo
Analyst

Post#1068 » by Grodoboldo » Sun Nov 22, 2020 6:59 pm

sco wrote:
Grodoboldo wrote:LaVine is somewhat easier to trade. There should be a contender with a hurt wing in the next trade deadline (Nets? Warriors? Philly? Celtics?). If we don't deal him now, his value will only decline.

I'm not saying it's gonna happen, but another small level of improvement from Zach (IMO he has done so in past 2 seasons) and he's gonna be an allstar and a guy that other stars may want to play alongside. I'm not dealing him for anyone who isn't likely to be a #1 option on a contender.

Event though I agree, I think Zach does as well, so he will want to play with another star. Because we won't land one with a mediocre roster, he will leave in 2 years and we'll have nothing to show for it. Wanting to deal him has nothing to do with my opinion on him as a player, it's only a matter of asset management.
MrSparkle
RealGM
And1: 10,073

Post#1069 » by MrSparkle » Sun Nov 22, 2020 7:08 pm

Eh I’m low on Lauri, and honestly think #4 (and even #44 perhaps) has way more promise, but I still see a narrow route of success for the Finnish pretty boy.

Here’s the thing: he literally needs to make 1.0 more of his open 3PAs a game to boost his % and PPG to a respectable starter level. And Donovan is going to chew him up for bad rebounding and off-ball habits. Also, I think Artunas will push the idea of having big men handle the ball a bit more in the mid-court, as was the case with Jokic, Plumlee, Millsap and even Bol.

This isn’t gonna be a Hoiball transformation. I really think the on-court style is going to flip dramatically since the entire Advocate Center has been turned, top-down.

And frankly, if Lauri is marginally more comfortable, climbs back to a 18-19 ppg and 9 rpg averages with 38% 3P and 85% FT, he’ll be a “positive” player. His defense will still be a problem, but if the team plays a totally different scheme, it won’t matter as much, cause we’re not gonna try to win games with blitz D and spot-up 3Ps.
ZOMG
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,267

Post#1070 » by ZOMG » Sun Nov 22, 2020 7:12 pm

sco wrote:
ChettheJet wrote:
sco wrote:I'm a bit baffled by the Gallo signing though. That dude is 100% PF. I heard rumors that they didn't want to max out Collins, so expensive insurance possibly.

ATL seems to have made a lot of moves got a lot of pieces but they might have to start making more or they've got excess

They have Tre Young at PG, signed Rondo and Dunn
they have Huerter and Reddish at SG

I would think they are looking at playing Young some at SG next to both Dunn and Rondo and that makes sense, Except for having Huerter and Reddish at SG, OK one of them starts but when Young slides over both of them sit

At SF they have Hunter they trade for Snell and sign Gallanari who I agree has been a PF. there aren't enough minutes for Hunter to do much playing behind Gallanari and who does Snell talk to on the bench

They still have Collins at the PF, if you think Gallanari can play there when is Okongwu going to get off the bench. Labassiere is good enough for a backup role

Supposedly they have interest in a S&T for Bogdanovic, who are they sending out for him

If the Bulls can get in the way of this Markkanen and Felicio (an expiring they could send to SAC) or Young for Collins, Labassiere and either Hunter or Reddish. I would have no problem resigning Collins for big money rather than extending Lauri.

A Lauri for Collins deal would work for me. Collins is imperfect, but he's realized more potential than Lauri.

Collins is certainly trying to realize the potential of modern PED's
sco
RealGM
And1: 7,648

Post#1071 » by sco » Sun Nov 22, 2020 7:13 pm

ZOMG wrote:
sco wrote:
ChettheJet wrote:

ATL seems to have made a lot of moves got a lot of pieces but they might have to start making more or they've got excess

They have Tre Young at PG, signed Rondo and Dunn
they have Huerter and Reddish at SG

I would think they are looking at playing Young some at SG next to both Dunn and Rondo and that makes sense, Except for having Huerter and Reddish at SG, OK one of them starts but when Young slides over both of them sit

At SF they have Hunter they trade for Snell and sign Gallanari who I agree has been a PF. there aren't enough minutes for Hunter to do much playing behind Gallanari and who does Snell talk to on the bench

They still have Collins at the PF, if you think Gallanari can play there when is Okongwu going to get off the bench. Labassiere is good enough for a backup role

Supposedly they have interest in a S&T for Bogdanovic, who are they sending out for him

If the Bulls can get in the way of this Markkanen and Felicio (an expiring they could send to SAC) or Young for Collins, Labassiere and either Hunter or Reddish. I would have no problem resigning Collins for big money rather than extending Lauri.

A Lauri for Collins deal would work for me. Collins is imperfect, but he's realized more potential than Lauri.

Shows he cares...just gonna find LBJ's pharmacist. LBJ spends $1mill/yr on PED' (I mean "his body").
:clap:
ZOMG
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,267

Post#1072 » by ZOMG » Sun Nov 22, 2020 7:35 pm

sco wrote:
ZOMG wrote:
sco wrote:A Lauri for Collins deal would work for me. Collins is imperfect, but he's realized more potential than Lauri.

Shows he cares...just gonna find LBJ's pharmacist. LBJ spends $1mill/yr on PED' (I mean "his body").

I don't really give a F if an NBA player uses PED's, but doing ANYTHING that gets you suspended for 25 games when your team is depending on you is stupid beyond belief.
weneeda2guard
RealGM
And1: 4,903

Post#1073 » by weneeda2guard » Sun Nov 22, 2020 8:01 pm

Read some where we were interested in Spencer Dinwiddie , think it was Facebook

Thaddeus young for Dinwiddie makes a lot of sense.
"they taking rose kindness for a weakness"
erasmusmrr
Sophomore
And1: 26

Post#1074 » by erasmusmrr » Sun Nov 22, 2020 9:08 pm

Is the 2021 draft amazing? You tell me. What is the plan?

If wanting to clear space and have tons of 2021 assets...

Zach to GS for poole, Chriss, looney, MN 1st and GS 1st, if gs 1st is 21-30 it goes somewhere else so make that a 2023 1st.

Lauri for any 2021 1st
Carter for any 2021 1st.

That would give us room for 3 max players and 4 or five firsts next year.
weneeda2guard
RealGM

Post#1075 » by weneeda2guard » Sun Nov 22, 2020 9:21 pm

erasmusmrr wrote:Is the 2021 draft amazing? You tell me. What is the plan?

If wanting to clear space and have tons of 2021 assets...

Zach to GS for poole, Chriss, looney, MN 1st and GS 1st, if gs 1st is 21-30 it goes somewhere else so make that a 2023 1st.

Lauri for any 2021 1st
Carter for any 2021 1st.

That would give us room for 3 max players and 4 or five firsts next year.

No max players are coming to Chicago with no supporting cast. If we want to be players in next year's free agency we need at least lavine and coby here recruiting.
Jeffster81
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,755

Post#1076 » by Jeffster81 » Sun Nov 22, 2020 9:36 pm

erasmusmrr wrote:Utah Jazz All-Star guard Donovan Mitchell has agreed to a five-year, $195M designated rookie max extension, his agents Ty Sullivan and Austin Brown of
@caa_sports
tell ESPN. Story soon.

Spida is by far my favorite non-Bulls player in the league, bar none. So happy to see him get his.
fox2jk
Junior
And1: 145

Post#1077 » by fox2jk » Mon Nov 23, 2020 2:40 am

Terry Rozier

for

Thad Young
Wendell Carter Jr

Thoughts?
MrSparkle
RealGM
And1: 10,073

Post#1078 » by MrSparkle » Mon Nov 23, 2020 2:41 am

fox2jk wrote:Terry Rozier

for

Thad Young
Wendell Carter Jr

Thoughts?

Not a chance.

Bulls have successfully moved away from defensive PGs with no 3P chops.
weneeda2guard
RealGM

Post#1079 » by weneeda2guard » Mon Nov 23, 2020 3:09 am

fox2jk wrote:Terry Rozier

for

Thad Young
Wendell Carter Jr

Thoughts?

Rozier contract is too big and he is not worth compromising our cap space for next season

I prefer Dinwiddie because he can be fit somewhat under the MLE give or take a mill or 2.
JohnnyTapwater
Analyst
And1: 1,591

Post#1080 » by JohnnyTapwater » Mon Nov 23, 2020 11:08 am

So when are we signing Yogi Ferrell to close the chapter on this FA season?

Return to Chicago Bulls