Fall of 2020-21 OKC Thunder Offseason Thread- Rebuild or Maintain?

Moderators: retrobro90, Dadouv47

ThunderBolt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,188

Re: Fall of 2020-21 OKC Thunder Offseason Thread- Rebuild or Maintain? 

Post#301 » by ThunderBolt » Thu Nov 19, 2020 6:08 pm

Read on Twitter
bisme37 wrote:If there were magnets in basketballs so strong they changed the path of the ball as it flew through the air, wouldn't the ball then stick magnetically to the rim when it got there?
No-Man
RealGM
And1: 3,479

Post#302 » by No-Man » Fri Nov 20, 2020 2:26 am

So current roster

Jerome-Maledon-Lecque
SGA-Diallo
Dort-Schofield-Hall
Bazley-Pokusevski-Johnson-Roby
Adams-Horford-Poirier-Muscala

One TW available, guys like Muscala prob should be let go to add up some other piece, I think Poirier's value can be revitilized, he is good, same with Johnson who wasn't bad in MIN

Too many bigs, there are going to be some awful lineups with Bazley at SF I'd assume

Likely last in the West and bottom 3-4 in the league which is great, 25% shot at Cade Cunningham
Dadouv47
Forum Mod - Thunder
Forum Mod - Thunder
And1: 6,075

Post#303 » by Dadouv47 » Fri Nov 20, 2020 3:01 am

Fischella wrote:So current roster

Jerome-Maledon-Lecque
SGA-Diallo
Dort-Schofield-Hall
Bazley-Pokusevski-Johnson-Roby
Adams-Horford-Poirier-Muscala

One TW available, guys like Muscala prob should be let go to add up some other piece, I think Poirier's value can be revitilized, he is good, same with Johnson who wasn't bad in MIN

Too many bigs, there are going to be some awful lineups with Bazley at SF I'd assume

Likely last in the West and bottom 3-4 in the league which is great, 25% shot at Cade Cunningham

14%
a-French-Fan
Senior
And1: 304

Post#304 » by a-French-Fan » Fri Nov 20, 2020 10:18 am

Last summer before world cup:

Frank Ntilikina is a play-off player, but he goes to the Hornets.

Paris 2024 (Starters):
Ntilikina - Malédon - Hayes
Coulibaly - De Colo
TLC - Rupert or Risacher
Wembanyama- Yabusele
Embiid- Poirier - Lessort [without Embiid: Fall]
ThunderBolt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#305 » by ThunderBolt » Fri Nov 20, 2020 10:25 am

a-French-Fan wrote:Last summer before world cup:

The circle is complete.
bisme37 wrote:If there were magnets in basketballs so strong they changed the path of the ball as it flew through the air, wouldn't the ball then stick magnetically to the rim when it got there?
getrichordie
General Manager
And1: 2,308

Post#306 » by getrichordie » Sun Nov 22, 2020 5:28 am

Read on Twitter
[twitter] @thunderdustin
slick_watts
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 6,025

Post#307 » by slick_watts » Mon Nov 23, 2020 4:57 pm

the more i think about it, the more i hope we keep theo maledon in europe at least one more season. he's in a competitive league where he has a big role especially for his age. it's not like poku who is malnourished and playing in ymca leagues. i'd rather see what we might have with ty jerome and lu dort this season, and not waste a year of contract time on maledon when it's not necessary. this is what we have done before, with ibaka (who played a season in ACB which really helped him) and alex abrines.
spearsy23
RealGM
And1: 7,459

Post#308 » by spearsy23 » Mon Nov 23, 2020 5:04 pm

slick_watts wrote:the more i think about it, the more i hope we keep theo maledon in europe at least one more season. he's in a competitive league where he has a big role especially for his age. it's not like poku who is malnourished and playing in ymca leagues. i'd rather see what we might have with ty jerome and lu dort this season, and not waste a year of contract time on maledon when it's not necessary. this is what we have done before, with ibaka (who played a season in ACB which really helped him) and alex abrines.

Someone said there was an agreement that he'd be brought over if picked, but I haven't seen anything official on that. I want him to come over because I want to see him play, but I agree that waiting a year might make more sense.
“If you're getting stops and you're making threes and the other team's not scoring, that's when you're going to see a huge point difference there,” coach Billy Donovan said.
ThunderBolt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#309 » by ThunderBolt » Mon Nov 23, 2020 5:37 pm

spearsy23 wrote:
slick_watts wrote:the more i think about it, the more i hope we keep theo maledon in europe at least one more season. he's in a competitive league where he has a big role especially for his age. it's not like poku who is malnourished and playing in ymca leagues. i'd rather see what we might have with ty jerome and lu dort this season, and not waste a year of contract time on maledon when it's not necessary. this is what we have done before, with ibaka (who played a season in ACB which really helped him) and alex abrines.

Someone said there was an agreement that he'd be brought over if picked, but I haven't seen anything official on that. I want him to come over because I want to see him play, but I agree that waiting a year might make more sense.

I think (could be wrong) the agreement was with Poku. This is what I found on Maledon...

Starting the year projected as a lottery pick, Maledon dropped to the second round after an uneven season in France. The fact that Maledon wishes to come to the NBA immediately as opposed to being stashed in Europe likely hurt his draft stock to an extent, as the uncertainty around the G League has put roster spots at a premium. Maledon is a highly versatile guard with strong passing and shooting ability. -- Jonathan Givony
Old Man Game
Head Coach
And1: 4,289

Post#310 » by Old Man Game » Mon Nov 23, 2020 7:02 pm

ThunderBolt wrote:
a-French-Fan wrote:Last summer before world cup:

The circle is complete.
That's a whole lot of arm length.

Sent from my moto g power using RealGM mobile app
Old Man Game
Head Coach

Post#311 » by Old Man Game » Mon Nov 23, 2020 7:07 pm

Listened to the most recent Dunc'd on this morning. Those guys were super complimentary of the job Sam's done so far. Put us among the 'winners' of the Free agency period so far.

ThunderBolt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#312 » by ThunderBolt » Mon Nov 23, 2020 7:57 pm

Old Man Game wrote:Listened to the most recent Dunc'd on this morning. Those guys were super complimentary of the job Sam's done so far. Put us among the 'winners' of the Free agency period so far.

His protégé Troy Weaver is making him shine.
Old Man Game
Head Coach

Post#313 » by Old Man Game » Mon Nov 23, 2020 8:22 pm

ThunderBolt wrote:
Old Man Game wrote:Listened to the most recent Dunc'd on this morning. Those guys were super complimentary of the job Sam's done so far. Put us among the 'winners' of the Free agency period so far.

His protégé Troy Weaver is making him shine.
They seriously even made some comment about 'athletic non-shooters' won't be an issue now that Troy Weaver is gone.

ThunderBolt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#314 » by ThunderBolt » Wed Nov 25, 2020 12:10 am

Read on Twitter

I remember rumors that we had promised him on draft night.
getrichordie
General Manager

Post#315 » by getrichordie » Wed Nov 25, 2020 1:17 pm

ThunderBolt wrote:
Read on Twitter

I remember rumors that we had promised him on draft night.

Love the signing. I always wanted Frank Jackson in the draft.

Also, we traded Lecque for Leaf and a 2nd.
[twitter] @thunderdustin
getrichordie
General Manager

Post#316 » by getrichordie » Wed Nov 25, 2020 1:19 pm

FWIW, I've heard a couple of international guys that have said that they don't see a major difference between Maledon and Hayes as prospects, and while I disagree, I do think they are closer than their respective draft spots would suggest.
[twitter] @thunderdustin
ThunderBolt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#317 » by ThunderBolt » Wed Nov 25, 2020 1:24 pm

getrichordie wrote:FWIW, I've heard a couple of international guys that have said that they don't see a major difference between Maledon and Hayes as prospects, and while I disagree, I do think they are closer than their respective draft spots would suggest.

I've heard several people talk about him as a combo guard. What I've seen (which is very, very little), he looks like a true point guard.
Old Man Game
Head Coach

Post#318 » by Old Man Game » Wed Nov 25, 2020 3:53 pm

I hadn't watched much of this Frank Jackson kid. He looks pretty decent. It seems the foot injuries have derailed his career to this point but if he can ever get right health-wise we could be talking about a really solid signing.

ThunderBolt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#319 » by ThunderBolt » Wed Nov 25, 2020 4:25 pm

Of all the random non draft pick guys we've gotten, he's the most promising of becoming an actual player.
ThunderBolt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#320 » by ThunderBolt » Wed Nov 25, 2020 4:44 pm

Read on Twitter

Return to Oklahoma City Thunder