ImageImageImageImageImage

Official trade thread/buy-out market 20-21 edition

Moderators: TyCobb, Danny Darko, Kilroy

Lakernut4ever
Junior
And1: 92

Re: Official trade thread 20-21 edition 

Post#281 » by Lakernut4ever » Sun Nov 22, 2020 5:30 am

lazybatman wrote:Meanwhile in a land not so far far away..

Clips just lost their 26 year old 6th man of the year and signed a 34 year old Marcus Morris to a 4Y / 64m contract.. Lmao..

But they somehow got our target center Serge Ibaka
lazybatman
Sixth Man
And1: 876

Post#282 » by lazybatman » Sun Nov 22, 2020 6:29 am

Lakernut4ever wrote:
lazybatman wrote:Meanwhile in a land not so far far away..

Clips just lost their 26 year old 6th man of the year and signed a 34 year old Marcus Morris to a 4Y / 64m contract.. Lmao..

But they somehow got our target center Serge Ibaka

Yeah.. just saw. Amused.. Hope they waive Zuby so he can come back. If Ibaka was going to take the MLE, why not do it with the Lakers? Maybe this was in the works under cover before Free Agency even began, and Pelinka never even bothered to call Ibaka. Idk..

I'm fine with Harrell though. Who knew he was even gonna be available, especially for the Lakers, especially on the MLE. Harrell is considerably younger, fitter and more energetic. Could turn into a longer term corner stone for the franchise. This dude's really smart too, which should get a lot of mileage around Lebron, Caruso and sadly no Rondo. I wish he had the 3 point shot though. :-?
loveshaq786
Pro Prospect
And1: 86

Post#283 » by loveshaq786 » Sun Nov 22, 2020 2:24 pm

Is it too late to trade KCP?

Indiana has been shopping myles turner and even offered him for BB .. only to be turned down.

Kcp, kuz, mcgee.... For Warren and turner???? Can we snag warren.... He'd be perfect!!!

Or Cassius stanley, Justin holiday, mcdormett..... For kuz and mcgee

OR Kcp, mcgee for turner, holiday, stanley and flip turner and kuz for BB and haliburton

I'd even consider kuz for stanley, holiday

Most realistic.... Kcp, mcgee for turner and holiday

TURNER IS ONLY 24!!
lazybatman
Sixth Man

Post#284 » by lazybatman » Sun Nov 22, 2020 3:30 pm

loveshaq786 wrote:Is it too late to trade KCP?

Indiana has been shopping myles turner and even offered him for BB .. only to be turned down.

Kcp, kuz, mcgee.... For Warren and turner???? Can we snag warren.... He'd be perfect!!!

OR Kcp, mcgee for turner, holiday, stanley and flip turner and kuz for BB and haliburton

TURNER IS ONLY 24!!

I like those deals with Holiday.. McDermott's too good for them to agree though.
Beethoven
Head Coach
And1: 3,831

Post#285 » by Beethoven » Sun Nov 22, 2020 5:06 pm

Let's bring in baynes
Holiday
Bogdan s&t (heard we were still trying to do it)
Kobe Bryant forever
GO LAKERS
8-)
kblo247
RealGM
And1: 2,130

Post#286 » by kblo247 » Sun Nov 22, 2020 7:31 pm

loveshaq786 wrote:Is it too late to trade KCP?

TURNER IS ONLY 24!!

KCP has the right to say **** you im not signing there because I’m a free agent and he should tell you that
DNP-Old
Senior
And1: 331

Post#287 » by DNP-Old » Mon Nov 23, 2020 12:58 am

McGee is being traded to Cleveland.
"Be quick, don't hurry" -John Wooden-

"No one is more hated than he who speaks the truth" -Plato-
loveshaq786
Pro Prospect

Post#288 » by loveshaq786 » Mon Nov 23, 2020 3:16 pm

3 way trade:

Kuz,bell, and alfonzo.....pj tucker and saben lee (a lot like schroeder)

Houston gets drose and bell for pj tucker

Detroit gets alfonzo and kuz for d.rose
lazybatman
Sixth Man

Post#289 » by lazybatman » Mon Nov 23, 2020 4:05 pm

loveshaq786 wrote:3 way trade:

Detroit ain't touching that deal though..
lazybatman
Sixth Man

Post#290 » by lazybatman » Mon Nov 23, 2020 4:07 pm

Aw.. :rofl2:
Read on Twitter
loveshaq786
Pro Prospect

Post#291 » by loveshaq786 » Mon Nov 23, 2020 7:36 pm

lazybatman wrote:

Kuz isn't worth drose?
kblo247
RealGM

Post#292 » by kblo247 » Mon Nov 23, 2020 7:48 pm

loveshaq786 wrote:
lazybatman wrote:

Kuz isn't worth drose?

He’s worth more than Rose. One he actually defends and rose doesn’t. Rose also has said he wanted to stay in Detroit which is why he wasn’t traded or bought out last year. And Rose has mental health issues ... last big market he was in he ran away from the team (Knicks) and last time he played with Lebron he ran away and no showed because the pressure and press was fn with his head. It’s not shock that he’s signed with Minny and Fetorit in free agency and stayed obscure and said don’t trade or buy me out.
loveshaq786
Pro Prospect

Post#293 » by loveshaq786 » Mon Nov 23, 2020 8:14 pm

kblo247 wrote:
loveshaq786 wrote:
lazybatman wrote:Detroit ain't touching that deal though..

Kuz isn't worth drose?

He’s worth more than Rose. One he actually defends and rose doesn’t. Rose also has said he wanted to stay in Detroit which is why he wasn’t traded or bought out last year. And Rose has mental health issues ... last big market he was in he ran away from the team (Knicks) and last time he played with Lebron he ran away and no showed because the pressure and press was fn with his head. It’s not shock that he’s signed with Minny and Fetorit in free agency and stayed obscure and said don’t trade or buy me out.

Talk to lazybatman lol

Also we would flip him for tucker and we are getting a young pg to get close to value of kuzma
Beethoven
Head Coach
And1: 3,831

Post#294 » by Beethoven » Mon Nov 23, 2020 8:25 pm

lazybatman wrote:Aw.. :rofl2:
Read on Twitter

Huh
Kobe Bryant forever
GO LAKERS
8-)
lazybatman
Sixth Man

Post#295 » by lazybatman » Mon Nov 23, 2020 10:01 pm

loveshaq786 wrote:
kblo247 wrote:
loveshaq786 wrote:
Kuz isn't worth drose?

Talk to lazybatman lol

Also we would flip him for tucker and we are getting a young pg to get close to value of kuzma

D Rose was pounding out 18ppg in 26 minutes last year @53%fg. Whether Kuz can get there or not is up in the air at this point.

I think he can easily get to 16-22ppg a season, if he gets to be the primary or secondary offensive guy on a weaker team. Detroit could look at it as the bird in hand scenario. Kuz wants to get paid next year, which is as much of a problem for anyone else as the Lakers considering what he has been the last 3 years. He's also got the LA life and shoe deal riding on the Lakers, which could mean him being a rental anywhere else.

Kuz's defensive effort was special this year. His footwork and technique are far from it. We all saw how he would repeatedly bite on the same shot fakes over and over. This was on a Vogel-Lebron-AD team under the championship spotlight.

The mental health issues you bring up are indeed real and kinda scary. Maybe we should be the ones to say no in that case. Idk man..

Why don't we flip Kuz+Bell/Kinney for Tucker straight up, if he's available. Tucker's a fantastic C&S shooter, and can legit guard 2-5 positions seamlessly on switches.
loveshaq786
Pro Prospect

Post#296 » by loveshaq786 » Mon Nov 23, 2020 10:27 pm

Figured we could get a little extra from detroit
kblo247
RealGM

Post#297 » by kblo247 » Mon Nov 23, 2020 10:53 pm

lazybatman wrote:
loveshaq786 wrote:
kblo247 wrote:He’s worth more than Rose. One he actually defends and rose doesn’t. Rose also has said he wanted to stay in Detroit which is why he wasn’t traded or bought out last year. And Rose has mental health issues ... last big market he was in he ran away from the team (Knicks) and last time he played with Lebron he ran away and no showed because the pressure and press was fn with his head. It’s not shock that he’s signed with Minny and Fetorit in free agency and stayed obscure and said don’t trade or buy me out.

Talk to lazybatman lol

D Rose was pounding out 18ppg in 26 minutes last year @53%fg. Whether Kuz can get there or not is up in the air at this point.

I think he can easily get to 16-22ppg a season, if he gets to be the primary or secondary offensive guy on a weaker team. Detroit could look at it as the bird in hand scenario. Kuz wants to get paid next year, which is as much of a problem for anyone else as the Lakers considering what he has been the last 3 years. He's also got the LA life and shoe deal riding on the Lakers, which could mean him being a rental anywhere else.

Kuz's defensive effort was special this year. His footwork and technique are far from it. We all saw how he would repeatedly bite on the same shot fakes over and over. This was on a Vogel-Lebron-AD team under the championship spotlight.

The mental health issues you bring up are indeed real and kinda scary. Maybe we should be the ones to say no in that case. Idk man..

Why don't we flip Kuz+Bell/Kinney for Tucker straight up, if he's available. Tucker's a fantastic C&S shooter, and can legit guard 2-5 positions seamlessly on switches.

Kuzma was at 21ppg on the year when he got to start when the two guys he shared a position with most the time missed a game in Bron and AD. He shot over 50% in his starts and we went like 7-2. He had no camp, got hurt the first time ever, and still averaged double digits off the bench despite losing 8 minutes and 5 shots a night without ever knowing if he would close or not. I mean we literally made him a swing at all star break when we singed Kieff and he took to guarding the wings of other teams and posted positive numbers. His technique wasn't good, but hiss results were. In round one he had the second best defensive numbers on the team behind Caruso. He was a positive defender versus Houston. And yes we all remmeber him fouling MPJ but we ignore in the actual matchup Kuzma outscored MPJ and held him to the the lower percentage in their one on one encounters. And he had the best defensive numbers of everyone including AD and Bron vs Jimmy in the finals. He even shot 50% from three in the bubble and playoffs out the right corner which people ignore. And for what it is worth Kuz's d rating improved by almost 5 points last year and he had never been coached to play defense short of Pop and Team USA before Vogel last year, on top of playing small 4 most the year before he found a spot he could defend well at the wing

Would I rather see Kuz have an 18 point average with a bunch of 20 and 30 point games? Would I rather he hit 36-40% of hi threes on average? Would I rather he be in a perfect stance like Fox or Artest or Cooper? Hell yeah!!! But he is still more valuable than Rose, half the cost, better defender, better size, and you control his rights.

And I never get why people try to gloss that over with Rose. NY media was getting to him and he went missing and that was one of the reasons they got rid of him. He admitted playing in Cleveland with Wade and Bron was hard, left the team, and got psychological help because of the stress. So you go put LA media, LeBron, LAker fans, and title expectations on him and not expect him to crack up?

I think he would have been a Clipepr, Laker, Sixer, Rocket, or Celtic last year if he did not tell Detroit do not trade me or buy me out, but he was offered an out just like Markieff
lazybatman
Sixth Man

Post#298 » by lazybatman » Tue Nov 24, 2020 1:39 am

kblo247 wrote:Kuzma was at 21ppg on the year when he got to start when the two guys he shared a position with most the time missed a game in Bron and AD. He shot over 50% in his starts and we went like 7-2. He had no camp, got hurt the first time ever, and still averaged double digits off the bench despite losing 8 minutes and 5 shots a night without ever knowing if he would close or not. I mean we literally made him a swing at all star break when we singed Kieff and he took to guarding the wings of other teams and posted positive numbers. His technique wasn't good, but hiss results were. In round one he had the second best defensive numbers on the team behind Caruso. He was a positive defender versus Houston. And yes we all remmeber him fouling MPJ but we ignore in the actual matchup Kuzma outscored MPJ and held him to the the lower percentage in their one on one encounters. And he had the best defensive numbers of everyone including AD and Bron vs Jimmy in the finals. He even shot 50% from three in the bubble and playoffs out the right corner which people ignore. And for what it is worth Kuz's d rating improved by almost 5 points last year and he had never been coached to play defense short of Pop and Team USA before Vogel last year, on top of playing small 4 most the year before he found a spot he could defend well at the wing

Would I rather see Kuz have an 18 point average with a bunch of 20 and 30 point games? Would I rather he hit 36-40% of hi threes on average? Would I rather he be in a perfect stance like Fox or Artest or Cooper? Hell yeah!!! But he is still more valuable than Rose, half the cost, better defender, better size, and you control his rights.

And I never get why people try to gloss that over with Rose. NY media was getting to him and he went missing and that was one of the reasons they got rid of him. He admitted playing in Cleveland with Wade and Bron was hard, left the team, and got psychological help because of the stress. So you go put LA media, LeBron, LAker fans, and title expectations on him and not expect him to crack up?

I think he would have been a Clipepr, Laker, Sixer, Rocket, or Celtic last year if he did not tell Detroit do not trade me or buy me out, but he was offered an out just like Markieff

Idk if you wanna trade Rose for Kuz or not after this post. I don't see either fit very well on this Lakers side, which needs shooting and elite wing defense.

I wanna trade Kuz for a valuable piece before the trade deadline so we are not stuck with his trade negotiations next summer. D-Rose is not that piece. Kuzma's effort on defense is appreciable, but you want a plumber to fix your pipes, not a electrician who tries really hard.

Kuz is not a top 5 efficient scorer on this reloaded team now(Bron, AD, Schr, Trez, KCP), so the opportunity is only gonna decrease. His offense and defense are below average for the Lakers point blank, and unless his shooting improves drastically, it's not gonna change. If Kuz goes to NY, Chicago, etc and lights it up for 20+ points, he will get a 15-20m contract somewhere pretty easy. We get a PJ Tucker / Holiday kinda vet in return. Works for both.

If we push it under the carpet now, his value plummets even further, as he turns 26 years old and all that hope and excitement about his "potential" dies a slow quiet death.
lazybatman
Sixth Man

Post#299 » by lazybatman » Tue Nov 24, 2020 1:46 am

Read on Twitter

And KD thought Lebron's decision was weak.. :lol: :lol:
ROballer
General Manager
And1: 2,752

Post#300 » by ROballer » Tue Nov 24, 2020 5:30 pm

Kuzma and McKinnie for Jarrett Culver.

Minnesota has a glaring hole at PF and has too many wings now with Beasley, Edwards, Okogie, Layman, Culver and D'Angelo who will play the two with Rubio on board.

Culver had a dreadful offensive season as a rookie but this kid is an absolute defensive stud. He shot the ball well from 3 in college so there is potential there.
He's the wing defensive stopper that we need.

We'll lose Kuzma for nothing at the end of the season, that's a given. And he's expendable with the resigning of Markieff.

Culver is on his rookie contract for another 4 years basically.
He has a team option after each year, if you absolutely know you're getting a superstar in FA and need the extra money you can get rid of him(Kuzma is gone if we keep him anyway, so you don't lose nothing from the trade), if not he's still got 3 years on his rookie deal.
Steve Nash injures his back while carrying bags

Slava wrote:I pulled a hammy while fapping. I won't make fun of Nash.

Return to Los Angeles Lakers