ImageImageImage

Welcome to Virtual Boston, Yam Madar!

Moderators: bisme37, canman1971, Darthlukey, Shak_Celts, Froob, Parliament10, shackles10, snowman

31to6
RealGM
And1: 27,993

Re: Welcome to Virtual Boston, Yam Madar! 

Post#41 » by 31to6 » Fri Nov 20, 2020 3:09 pm

Is he going to Zoom into training camp?
Paul Pierce appreciation society.
Half-Full
Bench Warmer
And1: 2,127

Post#42 » by Half-Full » Fri Nov 20, 2020 9:11 pm

ConstableGeneva wrote:
Read on Twitter

Follow him on Twitter: https://twitter.com/YamMadar and on IG: https://www.instagram.com/yam_madar11/

You can take a clue from my user name, but I'm optimistic this pick will pan out. This kid looks like he ticks all the boxes to me. Hard nosed, competitive, good distributor/passer, great handle, tough defender, can shoot the ball, and decent size for a point guard. I'm looking forward to him coming over, and I think he is a real value at pick #47, not just for his potential, but also because we can stash him for a year.
Half-Full
Bench Warmer
And1: 2,127

Post#43 » by Half-Full » Fri Nov 20, 2020 9:25 pm

greenroom31 wrote:Agree that it's hard to get upset about a #47 pick, especially given how little room there is on our roster at this point.

That said, let's remember that the most important rationale behind this pick was continuing to justify Austin Ainge's role/salary as overseas scout. Every year we must pick or add a foreign player so that Austin can continue to fly around the world on the Celtics' dime. Then every few years we have to waste a pick throwing away one of Austin's "finds" (see: Vincent Poirier).

Yeah, there's no possibility that a Euro player might justify a scouting trip. Austin Ainge clearly used his Dad's position to wangle himself a nothing job with some nice travel perks. Vincent Poirier was not a draft pick, and there are some very good Euro players in the NBA. I wonder how you think anyone discovered them? Does every Euro player that is drafted pan out? No. This was pick #47 for crying out loud! The kid looks good to me, and the likelihood of anyone picked at #47 making an NBA roster is very slim. That said, I think this kid has a chance. We had to pick someone, and he looks like he has skills and potential, and we can stash him!
Curmudgeon
RealGM
And1: 21,860

Post#44 » by Curmudgeon » Fri Nov 20, 2020 9:42 pm

The European Steph Curry is Antonis Koniaris
"Numbers lie alot. Wins and losses don't lie." - Jerry West
"You are what your record says you are."- Bill Parcells
"Offense sells tickets. Defense wins games. Rebounding wins championships." Pat Summit
BostonCouchGM
Head Coach
And1: 4,857

Post#45 » by BostonCouchGM » Fri Nov 20, 2020 10:24 pm

big-shot-ROB wrote:People bitching about a #47 pick lol

ah, the excuse of fans that have a terrible drafting G.M.. Never gets old. Never mind that we literally just lost to a team with better depth because they had three players taken later (or undrafted) than that i.e. Duncan Robinson, Derrick Jones, Kendrick Nunn. Never mind there are literally people on this board wanting to get Dillon Brooks who was taken 45th and after Semi. Or that Jokic was taken 41st, IT was taken #60, Ben Wallace undrafted, Manu Ginobili #57, Kylre Korver #51, Paul Millsap #47, Marc Gasol #48, and Dragic #45.

There were players still on the board that are better than our bench players and guys we drafted last year. Danny just can't evaluate talent. It's holding the franchise back. He should give these responsibilities to someone who can and just focus on trades.
jirrit
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,622

Post#46 » by jirrit » Fri Nov 20, 2020 10:44 pm

BostonCouchGM wrote:

ah, the excuse of fans that have a terrible drafting G.M.. Never gets old. Never mind that we literally just lost to a team with better depth because they had three players taken later (or undrafted) than that i.e. Duncan Robinson, Derrick Jones, Kendrick Nunn. Never mind there are literally people on this board wanting to get Dillon Brooks who was taken 45th and after Semi. Or that Jokic was taken 41st, IT was taken #60, Ben Wallace undrafted, Manu Ginobili #57, Kylre Korver #51, Paul Millsap #47, Marc Gasol #48, and Dragic #45.

There were players still on the board that are better than our bench players and guys we drafted last year. Danny just can't evaluate talent. It's holding the franchise back. He should give these responsibilities to someone who can and just focus on trades.

Wow hindsight calling. You could make a case for everything if this is your way of reasoning.
SuperDeluxe
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 20,904

Post#47 » by SuperDeluxe » Fri Nov 20, 2020 11:46 pm

BostonCouchGM wrote:

I'm surprised you are not taking advantage of this to show your knowledge: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=2019003
(or maybe not)
Bleeding Green
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 13,875

Post#48 » by Bleeding Green » Sat Nov 21, 2020 6:56 am

lmao Kendrick Nunn is terrible, stop using him to further arguments about the Heat. He didn't even play against Boston because he sucks. He had six foul and three points in that series. Dillon Brooks is nothing special either.I think Semi sucks and Dillon Brooks isn't even as good as Semi. At least just stick to the good undrafted and late players like Wallace, Theis, Gomes, Ginobili and Jokic. You don't need to toss in players like Raul Neto and Mike Muscala to further a point about late picks.
Manocad wrote:I have an engineering degree, an exceptionally high IQ, and can point to the exact location/area of any country on an unlabeled globe.
big-shot-ROB
Sixth Man
And1: 1,638

Post#49 » by big-shot-ROB » Sat Nov 21, 2020 11:06 am

BostonCouchGM wrote:

So basicaly you named 12 players going back to Ginobili (1999), let's say I give you a pass an only consider until Millsap. That's 14 drafts, on 30 2nd round picks per draft:

11 / 14*30 = 0,026

So basically a 2% chance you get a useful player at each pick. 2%
Robert Horry is better than MJ, because everybody knows that 7>6.
GreenFor3
Pro Prospect
And1: 369

Post#50 » by GreenFor3 » Sat Nov 21, 2020 5:04 pm

big-shot-ROB wrote:
BostonCouchGM wrote:

So basicaly you named 12 players going back to Ginobili (1999), let's say I give you a pass an only consider until Millsap. That's 14 drafts, on 30 2nd round picks per draft:

11 / 14*30 = 0,026

So basically a 2% chance you get a useful player at each pick. 2%

Slightly better odds than that, it looks like he was listing great players at picks 40+. In the 30's there are some guys like Draymond Green as well. And there are a number of decent NBA players who were second rounders. Think 8th men types like E'Twaun Moore at 51 who actually was drafted by Ainge.
Justin33
Sixth Man
And1: 1,067

Post#51 » by Justin33 » Sun Nov 22, 2020 9:14 pm

jfs1000d
RealGM
And1: 13,981

Post#52 » by jfs1000d » Sun Nov 22, 2020 9:22 pm

Brandon Hunter! That was a solid go of it. And the famous Ben Pepper.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Patsfan1081
RealGM
And1: 5,489

Post#53 » by Patsfan1081 » Sun Nov 22, 2020 9:32 pm

Don’t know how I feel about this pick. Looks like a decent talent to take a flyer on, then again I hate yams.....
Shak_Celts
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics
And1: 58,056

Post#54 » by Shak_Celts » Sun Nov 22, 2020 9:55 pm

During the second round of the draft the announcers said 72% of those players never make it in the nba (think they said never play which is so much worse). Around mid way in the 2nd it good to about 84%!

The numbers may be slightly off but that’s terrible!! So, the few hits out of all the years and all the players should tell you, missing on 2 round picks is inevitable and as common as it gets!
NAME ON THE FRONT OF THE JERSEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!(!)
Shak_Celts
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics
And1: 58,056

Post#55 » by Shak_Celts » Sun Nov 22, 2020 9:59 pm

Patsfan1081 wrote:Don’t know how I feel about this pick. Looks like a decent talent to take a flyer on, then again I hate yams.....

I just don't get how people like sweet potatoes outside of the pie at all!! The pie is from God if made right! Don't give me candied yams, baked nor fries! Potatoes aren't meant to be sweet and that's all I think of whenever I try it!
NAME ON THE FRONT OF THE JERSEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!(!)
Parliament10
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics
And1: 53,904

Post#56 » by Parliament10 » Mon Nov 23, 2020 5:14 am

With the G League in jeopardy of being played, I wonder if Madar should come stateside.
Probably better to leave him overseas, until COVID-19 has a well distributed Vaccine.
"You have to put the work in.
Nothing is given."

~ Jayson Tatum
ConstableGeneva
RealGM
And1: 87,192

Post#57 » by ConstableGeneva » Mon Nov 23, 2020 4:24 pm

Read on Twitter
░N░0░0░D░S░ ░I░N░ ░B░I░O░
Justin33
Sixth Man

Post#58 » by Justin33 » Tue Nov 24, 2020 8:21 am

His stats from his current season (His team sucks) https://www.proballers.com/basketball/player/175563/yam-madar
Justin33
Sixth Man

Post#59 » by Justin33 » Tue Nov 24, 2020 8:24 am

His good game from a week ago ;ab_channel=TomaszKordylewski
SichtingLives
RealGM
And1: 25,446

Post#60 » by SichtingLives » Tue Nov 24, 2020 8:33 am

Can't stop reading this as a cross between Von Wafer and Abdel Nader. Not very big shoes to fill. He'll be alright.
10 miles through the snow uphill both ways

Return to Boston Celtics